Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #3781
dirteeboy808
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
dirteeboy808 is on the path to ruindirteeboy808 is on the path to ruindirteeboy808 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dirteeboy808
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Uh use brain? Get a spacer.
derrr...gotcha!
dirteeboy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #3782
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVDSKYRINE View Post
Hey what size are those? my buddy has the same wheels in much weaker sizes and he doesn't think his will fit on stock body
damnit, someone posted it above mine...

i'm going to try to run 18x10 -9, stock fenders, let's see how it pans out...
Old 03-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #3783
jimmytango00
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (14)
jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmytango00
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
damnit, someone posted it above mine...

i'm going to try to run 18x10 -9, stock fenders, let's see how it pans out...

thats going to be a tight fit this is 18x10 +0 cambered all the way with a 235/40 and a 20mm wide fender.

you're going to need a 225/40 and alot of camber and that might still be a little tight.
jimmytango00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #3784
awFilms
Leaky Injector

awFilms is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to awFilms
cool beanzzzz

awFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #3785
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
sorry, I meant I would be running 18x10-9 in the rear

yea, it will be a tight fit...if it doesn't work out then i'll just sell them.
you never know until you try haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytango00 View Post
thats going to be a tight fit this is 18x10 +0 cambered all the way with a 235/40 and a 20mm wide fender.

you're going to need a 225/40 and alot of camber and that might still be a little tight.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #3786
jimmytango00
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (14)
jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmytango00
Quote:
sorry, I meant I would be running 18x10-9 in the rear

yea, it will be a tight fit...if it doesn't work out then i'll just sell them.
you never know until you try haha

thats a different storry that'll fit in the rear for sure.
jimmytango00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:33 AM   #3787
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytango00 View Post
thats a different storry that'll fit in the rear for sure.
yah, that's my thought as well. Probably the only thing I think i will have to do is re-pull my fenders. I don't want to rent a roller again tho, I was thinking about newspaper pull.

my car, except 1/4" lower in the rear now. (need to tuck/relocate wire harness for fronts)

F: 17x8 +5 215/40/17
R: 17x9 +5 215/45/17
(i don't know if these pics were when the rears were +5 or +0...)

jason, feel free to take credit for the snaps
Old 03-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #3788
obarrera
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
obarrera is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
215/40/18 Front
225/40/18 Rear
18X9.5 -1 front
18X10 +5 Rear

obarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #3789
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
blah blah. took more pics.

wheel fitment:

dont mind me.

AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #3790
rhd_sw20
Zilvia Member

rhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to allrhd_sw20 is a name known to all
What are you running for camber up front?
Notched plates and s14 LCA ?

rhd_sw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #3791
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
jesus i bet people hate on it. I love that shit so much.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #3792
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea blue car is soooooooooooo good.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #3793
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd_sw20 View Post
What are you running for camber up front?
Notched plates and s14 LCA ?
Notched struts and s13 lca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWatcher View Post
jesus i bet people hate on it. I love that shit so much.
If your talkin about mine, yea, i got'em started already, cuz someone said that the bet their friends i was running hydraulics or airbags on the car til, i responded with, theyre just coilovers. Hes face= FAIL. lmfao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
Yea blue car is soooooooooooo good.

thanks, not perfect, but its decent to me. and thanks again.,
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #3794
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

nice...your fronts are a little too agressive for your rears tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by obarrera View Post
215/40/18 Front
225/40/18 Rear
18X9.5 -1 front
18X10 +5 Rear
Old 03-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #3795
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
nice...your fronts are a little too agressive for your rears tho
He needs more front neg camber, then it won't be so bad, but I agree with this statement.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #3796
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
He needs more front neg camber, then it won't be so bad, but I agree with this statement.

or more poke in the rear?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #3797
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
Quote:
or more poke in the rear?
that's what she said
Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #3798
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
For shits and giggles. 18x10.5 +5 235/40, only took inner clearance shot, fender clearance is the same as my current wheels.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #3799
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
this may have been posted already but whatever, looks spicy

allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #3800
Ghostdrifter
Zilvia Member

Ghostdrifter is making a name for him/her selfGhostdrifter is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
What size tires are you planning on running and how much camber are you wanting to run?

If you want to run 295s and -1 deg camber then you should get some 50mm over fenders, haha.

If you want to run 245s and -3.5 deg camber then you can probably just do a mild pull.
I was planning 275 tire and about -2.5deg of camber
Would a 255/30 look better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
18 x 10.5 +18mm (245/40/18 FK451)

Very mild newspaper pull.

WOW... that's awesome! How much camber and what wheel is that?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #3801
obarrera
Zilvia Junkie

obarrera is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah they actually look a little more aggresive, I would go with more camber but my camber plates are maxed out! (megan racing coils)
obarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #3802
mondojackal
Zilvia Member

mondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
Did you move the inner camber plate bolts and actually move the top of the damper all the way in? Cause I've got Megans, and I can give mine more camber than that.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #3803
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdrifter View Post
I was planning 275 tire and about -2.5deg of camber
Would a 255/30 look better?

WOW... that's awesome! How much camber and what wheel is that?

It really depends on what you're going for. Is it a daily driver or a functional car? As in do you need a certain amount of performance from it? The car in the picture you quoted as extremely good looking fitment, but may not be what you want if you're trying to put a lot of power to use. The owner of that car had stated he just has the car lowered on coilovers, so the camber is probably in the -3.5 to -4.5 region.

With a more aggressive pull you could get that same type of fitment with -2.5deg camber. A 255/35 would make for a shorter sidewall, but I actually really like the way the 245/40 looks on that wheel - but they look like they're Falkens which run a little narrow/short, so if you were to run a Federal you may want to run a 255/35 or 245/35....others are more then welcome to comment on/correct what I'm saying. I don't have a S13, haha, I run 245s up front on stock/rolled fenders.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #3804
JVDSKYRINE
Zilvia Junkie

JVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
It really depends on what you're going for. Is it a daily driver or a functional car? As in do you need a certain amount of performance from it? The car in the picture you quoted as extremely good looking fitment, but may not be what you want if you're trying to put a lot of power to use. The owner of that car had stated he just has the car lowered on coilovers, so the camber is probably in the -3.5 to -4.5 region.

With a more aggressive pull you could get that same type of fitment with -2.5deg camber. A 255/35 would make for a shorter sidewall, but I actually really like the way the 245/40 looks on that wheel - but they look like they're Falkens which run a little narrow/short, so if you were to run a Federal you may want to run a 255/35 or 245/35....others are more then welcome to comment on/correct what I'm saying. I don't have a S13, haha, I run 245s up front on stock/rolled fenders.
Yeah it was just the pic there wasn't much camber in the rear at all.....just the angle the pic was taken at

And yeah he had a 245/40 on a 10.5...its my bro's car I forget the specs of wheels...but damn it was hot
Old 03-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #3805
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Argggh sell me your rears aha.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #3806
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

argh i have the princess-version of those wheels.

sell me them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVDSKYRINE View Post
Yeah it was just the pic there wasn't much camber in the rear at all.....just the angle the pic was taken at

And yeah he had a 245/40 on a 10.5...its my bro's car I forget the specs of wheels...but damn it was hot
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #3807
s13boy89
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
s13boy89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13boy89
18x10.5 0 offset
Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #3808
3-240's-N-aMule
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why would u show a top view of a wheel that sticks out 3 inches? Get flush.
3-240's-N-aMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #3809
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

I demand more pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13boy89 View Post
18x10.5 0 offset
Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #3810
s13boy89
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
s13boy89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13boy89