Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #361
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
for sure i wasn't really planning on filming and there were a lot of people in the way so i couldn't get the camera out till later but as soon as i can get it off my camera i will send you the stuff of you if its all good
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #362
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
for sure i wasn't really planning on filming and there were a lot of people in the way so i couldn't get the camera out till later but as soon as i can get it off my camera i will send you the stuff of you if its all good
For sure, thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #363
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

ya no problem
Old 09-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #364
blessing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
blessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Here 2 footage.... just a peek..... more will come....

YouTube - Inland Drift Event 9/28/08 - Brian - left course

YouTube - Inland Drift Event 9/28/08 - Enrique - left course
Old 09-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #365
yeti303
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
yeti303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that event was wayyy funn mad props !
Old 09-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #366
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
anybody have pictures yet? i know everyone is saying the track isn't as narrow as you think but it looks pretty damn narrow for the one picture that was posted...

what kinda speeds were you guys hitting before initiation? any videos???

I'm surprised/glad that everyone had a great time but I'm still curious about the track itself...

*edit: ok I just looked through that flikr album and the track still looks very narrow.. also, was there more than that 1 turn?
Sorry I didn't get more corners than just that one. But I had a horrible angle.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #367
yeti303
Zilvia Junkie

if anyone did video for this event i just wanted to know if anyone got my crash ?
i was in a dark green hatch with 1 headlight....nailed the wall ...or any pics ?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #368
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

my camera was turned off when that happened
Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #369
Driven08
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (354)
Driven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 354 reviews
I saw that. I went into the dirt at one point. I was in the gunmetal hatch with kouki's and work cr Kai's in the front
Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #370
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade180sx View Post
how the fuck did u blow ur shit?!
i duno girl. i was on the bigger course and hit the little transition and just loss power. after that car wouldnt turn over. we had to push it off the track. sound like i got no comperssion. i still gota compression test that bitch tho.90 percent that its done.SO EVERYONE KEEP UR EYES OPEN INCASE I GOTA PART OU MY RIDE
Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #371
yeti303
Zilvia Junkie

yea i saw u clip the wall when i was in line..dude and what was up with that trailer right there cliped that to
Old 09-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #372
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
hey eric u had a close call with the wall too!were u able to drive off with ur car looking as pretty as it did when u came in?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #373
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessing View Post
good time....

we'll do it again...stay tuned
footage will up soon

thank you for all participants, and all the volunteer staff... You guys did an awesome job.... I'll inform you guys the date for our party in my house....
Rudy- Thanks for putting on this event and making it possible! I had a blast!

And to all the staffers/drivers/friend out there from Ryan to Riley to Mark, to etc. etc. thanks for making it fun!

At least I was able to drive my car home after breaking a tie-rod end...1st time it's ever happend to me after all the events I've done, haha. Thank god I brought spare ends to the track...

Well, the courses were challenging and technical so, I'm looking forward to the next one!!!

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

Old 09-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #374
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

thats sux u broke ur tie rod end, but like u seaid at least u got to drive home.hahah u guys ran over orlandos hand lol.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #375
aznp4ul

Trader Rating: (0)
aznp4ul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome turn out, hope it happens again!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #376
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by buku_points View Post
no boost...you know beating on a ka all day isnt fun

hell yeah it is. and a DOHC ka is plenty to connect the course, if you can run the right line, didnt you see the guy in the White coupe with white meshies. he was haulin balls and connecting it run after run with a KA, you can beat 80 bux for the course its quite technical both courses were.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #377
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn I would like to try the next event, seems like a blast.

I would take off all my aero though lol those curbs would tear my shit apart.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #378
Driven08
Post Whore!

Driven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcdrifter20 View Post
hey eric u had a close call with the wall too!were u able to drive off with ur car looking as pretty as it did when u came in?
Yeah its still pretty.just some little scratches but no big deal.OEM bumpers rule! The dirt was alright but Riley hit that hay bail with my car.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #379
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my friend eddy with the white kouki s14 and nismo wheels was all dohc ka and he was rocking it pretty good connecting it.. and it wass one of the prettier cars out there that didnt get roughed up.

robby was gettin down with his ~100hp e30 4door too esp when he had like 3 people in his car
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #380
newblood
Zilvia Junkie

newblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to newblood Send a message via MSN to newblood
Quote:
hell yeah it is. and a DOHC ka is plenty to connect the course, if you can run the right line, didnt you see the guy in the White coupe with white meshies. he was haulin balls and connecting it run after run with a KA, you can beat 80 bux for the course its quite technical both courses were.
i second that
i drove my buddies car on the back course with stock ka and it was fine
it just takes a little more effort
and you CANNOT beat $80 for an event so close to home
Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #381
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblood View Post
i second that
i drove my buddies car on the back course with stock ka and it was fine
it just takes a little more effort
and you CANNOT beat $80 for an event so close to home
i heard that shit. 80$ is an unbeatable price for so much tack time. and anyone who went will agree. everyone who didnt......u better not miss the next one, or u'll hate urself for it in the morning.lol
Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #382
i20ar
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
i20ar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i20ar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
who lost their bumper in that first turn? it looked like jaws took a bite out of it

yeee my aero was everywhere that day. nothing some gorrilla tape didnt fix.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #383
buku_points
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
buku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
ya i saw him but ehhh dont get me wrong he was probably the only guy rocking a ka that actually connected the track and he did alot beter than peeps with sr's but like i said im not speaking for everyone, ive done 3 other events with a bone ka and its just no fun for me, if im still not boosted by the next one maybe then ill take out my car since the track was a low speed track. and eddy was drifting? i saw him running around with no shirt on all day chasing that chick
Old 09-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #384
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcdrifter20 View Post
thats sux u broke ur tie rod end, but like u seaid at least u got to drive home.hahah u guys ran over orlandos hand lol.

Ah, sorry about that Orlando!

Thanks to all the guys who helped push me off the track- I even got out of my car and helped push too.

Rest of the day, I drove the car with a S14 tie-rod end on one side and a KTS pillowball tie-rod end on the other side. Car didn't feel the same but it was driveable.

As for if you can connect the course with a KA24DE:
It IS a proven fact you can connect the course using a KA- just have to drive more balls out and be good at running the correct lines through the corners.

I was able to connect on either course no problem BUT like all the drivers out there, I am human so I screwed up on some runs (i.e. broken tie-rod)...All in good fun tho!

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

Old 09-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #385
Driven08
Post Whore!

Where are all the pics?I saw many taking photos.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #386
ws6drifter

Trader Rating: (0)
ws6drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Track was totally fun. Was my first event ever, and in a stock powered Miata was conecting the first track through all turns. Like said before, just have to take the right lines, and have to carry the right amount of speed into the first turn. I was there all night, worth every dollar.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #387
blessing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
blessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enoughblessing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silsx13 View Post
Rudy- Thanks for putting on this event and making it possible! I had a blast!

And to all the staffers/drivers/friend out there from Ryan to Riley to Mark, to etc. etc. thanks for making it fun!

At least I was able to drive my car home after breaking a tie-rod end...1st time it's ever happend to me after all the events I've done, haha. Thank god I brought spare ends to the track...

Well, the courses were challenging and technical so, I'm looking forward to the next one!!!
Your welcome.... we'll do it again..... BY THE WAY... HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE SHIRT???
Old 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #388
Driven08
Post Whore!

The shirts are nice. I drifted for the shirt Rudy! lol Its Eric by the way. I'll have to come out again. Who was the lady taking pics all day on the back section? I know she has some pics of me
Old 09-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #389
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

shirts were nice rudy, but no one told me where to get it from. i think i was the only one staffing that didnt have a shirt. i feel so unwanted. just kiddin just kiddin. cant wait till the next event. just hit me up whenever u gona have that party rudy.

maybe next time u can get some track time in rudy. things will be alot easier next event
Old 09-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #390
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i20ar View Post
yeee my aero was everywhere that day. nothing some gorrilla tape didnt fix.

haha ya i saw that your whole rear end was missing too haha... i like that sticker on the back of your left of your car
Closed Thread