Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #361
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why the fuck would the Clippers claim him? They don't need him, unless they did it just the block Miami. Gilbert Arenas it is I guess, not too happy about that to be honest.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #362
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Maybe the Clippers have moved on from the CP3 sweepstakes...
Old 12-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #363
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Why the fuck would the Clippers claim him? They don't need him, unless they did it just the block Miami. Gilbert Arenas it is I guess, not too happy about that to be honest.
To use that logjam at PG to draw in Dwight Howard.
Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and a pick for D12

And I write too!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #364
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
To use that logjam at PG to draw in Dwight Howard.
Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and a pick for D12
It makes sense if they are able to get CP3 and or D12 but what if it backfires and he decides to retire. The Clippers as constructed are no where near a contender. What if Chauncy isn't willing to wait and see if they can get a star?
Old 12-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #365
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
It makes sense if they are able to get CP3 and or D12 but what if it backfires and he decides to retire. The Clippers as constructed are no where near a contender. What if Chauncy isn't willing to wait and see if they can get a star?
As constructed, they're an 8-seed, at the expense of Denver and Portland.
In my opinion, of course

And I write too!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #366
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
So... the Clipper pick up Billups, and they're trying to get CP3 again? Two starting PGs why?

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #367
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
So... the Clipper pick up Billups, and they're trying to get CP3 again? Two starting PGs why?
No, they told the Hornets to eat a dick, they don't want CP3 anymore

And I write too!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #368
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
No, they told the Hornets to eat a dick, they don't want CP3 anymore
I was just listening on the radio, word is they're renewing talks.
Sources -- NBA officials renew Chris Paul-to-Los Angeles Clippers push - ESPN Los Angeles

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #369
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Kobe on Lamar trade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK7wfRfmblw
Old 12-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #370
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I wouldn't say he's furious, incredulous more like it
"to give up so much for seemingly so little"
sums it up pretty well
it's going to be long short season in Lakerland
Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #371
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
lol, are you kidding me? We're not pickup up that nutcase. There's a better chance that Riley signs one of the guys he brought in for training camp.

Riq look at this

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...big-in-lockout

Wade is at 3.5% body fat and gained muscle weight, thats a ridiculously good physique.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #372
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Put it this way, if there is a ESPN"City Name Here".com you are considered a Big Market

So LA, NY, Dallas, Chicago, Boston

Those are the major markets so far

Go to any on those 5 cities as a professional athlete and perform you will be adored by media and fans alike

Being the QB of Dallas Cowboys makes you stand out more

Win multiple championships for your team/city and be flushed with so much side money that you will never go broke

The 6th fucking man on the Lakers bench has his own reality TV with his Kardashian T-Rex wife
You think Odom was crying because he got shipped or wifey divorcing his ass, more like all those freebees and other "planned" stuff to make him richer just went out the window, cause now he doesn't have access to that stuff

Players come in 4 types:

1. Get Paid, make a name/gain fame, live off it for life, no struggle to better themselves, "fluid", if anything happens after the big money rolls in, it's OK, not trying for it
2. Get Paid, make a name/gain fame, try to up their game/try to be better, try to earn respect and in the process Win the prize, not once but multiple times
3. Trying to get paid, "Potential", wasted, all hype nothing else
4. Bitchasses
Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #373
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
A wall of text to make a ridiculous point.

Odom loved the Lakers and he felt hurt they would trade him. That's all, you're overthinking things buddy.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #374
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Gnnr D-Wade may be in 2008 form, the year he should have won mvp. 3% body fat Pat giddy

Tricky ab, please keep in mind that LO demanded a trade at tge end. The day he went in and left after 15 mins he asked to be sent elsewhere, I'm not sure that he cares too much about the money.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #375
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Kendrick Perkins lost weight

http://twitter.com/#!/IamaGM/status/.../photo/1/large
Old 12-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #376
Gnnr
Post Whore!

2011 free agency -- Indiana Pacers seek Jamal Crawford of Atlanta Hawks, sources say - ESPN

I think some of the smaller teams out of the spotlight are building some very nice rosters. Indiana may be a Top 5 seed in the East this year (especially if Dwight leaves Orlando).
Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #377
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Josh McRoberts is being pursued by the Grizzlies, but appears more likely to take more money and a bigger role with the Lakers.

McRoberts has been mentioned in trade rumors with Memphis involving O.J. Mayo. The Grizzlies told Mayo on Tuesday that he will not be dealt.

Mike Wells reports that McRoberts is on the verge of an agreement with the Lakers.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1gRrvNwxc
Interesting...Oh and...

Quote:
The Nets will move on with alternative plans if Dwight Howard isn't dealt by the end of the week, according to a source.

“It won’t go past this week,” said the source.

The primary alternative would likely be Nene, who shares an agent with Howard.

The Nets could also look to retaining Kris Humphries.

While the Nets will move on in the short-term, they will not abandon their pursuit of Howard.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1gRs9ySSw
Old 12-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #378
Gnnr
Post Whore!

This is interesting

Phil Jackson predicted Chris Paul trade issues a year ago - ESPN Los Angeles

Quote:
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Former Lakers coach Phil Jackson predicted that problems could arise with a potential Chris Paul trade back on Dec. 29, 2010 of last season before Los Angeles played the Hornets in New Orleans.

"Who's going to trade who to whom?" Jackson said at the time. "Who's going to pull the button on trading player or when Chris says he has to be traded? How's that going to go? I don't know. Somebody's going to have to make a very nonjudgmental decision on that part that's not going to irritate anybody else in this league ... I don't know how they're going to do that."
Philstradaumus!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #379
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Phil also got fined $50k for that as well...

Also,

It amazes me to see my Mavericks’ fan friends speak of a repeat as if it will be easy, with the addition of Lamar Odom and Vince Carter.

In Vince, you get someone who is over the hill, never been accused of playing defense and from whom the ball rarely returns when it goes to him.
In Odom, you get a legitimate 4-position player, but you also take on one with a similar skill set comparative to your most valuable piece. What you DIDN’T bank on getting was the sometimes lengthy bouts of INFURIATING inconsistency and the media circus that will follow his mannish-looking wife and her mannish-looking sisters.

Of their remaining pieces, we needn’t forget that Tyson Chandler is not one of them, so the dude making the lion’s share of jumps at center was on the receiving end of this just this past spring:

And I write too!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #380
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Jordan: New CBA helps, opposed Paul deal to Lakers - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Dear Michael Jordan... eat a dick
I am convinced that this has a lot to do with why the league sabotaged the Clippers deal too, they don't want any more stars to go to big markets if they can prevent it, and this is the only one they can stop.

And I write too!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #381
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
this thing is starting to unfold like a TV Soap episode lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #382
Gnnr
Post Whore!

It wasn't just Jordan, it was Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban too. There may be others but it has not been made known.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #383
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Cuban sure had no problem when LA traded Odom for practically nothing.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #384
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Looks like Stern fucking the Lakers stings even more now. Clips lose Kaman AND Gordon though.

Sources -- Los Angeles, New Orleans Hornets agree on Chris Paul trade - ESPN Los Angeles
Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #385
---+
Leaky Injector

---+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe Clips can take advantage of their PG logjam and pick up a quality young SG.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #386
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---+ View Post
Maybe Clips can take advantage of their PG logjam and pick up a quality young SG.
It's almost like they're banking on Chauncey calling it a life, lol

And I write too!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #387
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Cavs give Baron Davis his walking papers...
where will he land?

And I write too!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #388
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews

I am not okay with this. NOT because of the fact that CP3 didn't get traded into the Lakers. But because of how the series of events leading to this trade played out.

The deal for CP3 to Lakers was fair enough. Sure, the Clippers lost most of their starters but the Lakers would have lost MORE with the proposed deal. In the process, feelings were hurt & fans grew annoyed.

I wouldn't have AGREED to the first proposed trade if it had gone through but the NBA organization looked unprofessional & biased to the smaller teams, the Lakers lost a valuable player because of this, and it really goes to show the type of people who are dealing with this sport. No better than soccer at this point.

If I had a way of just punching David Stern & the owners involved in this trade, I so would right now.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #389
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's almost like they're banking on Chauncey calling it a life, lol
Yeah, would have to be. Players acquired through amnesty waivers cannot be dealt until July 1. They could buy out his contract I believe...

Quote:
Cavs give Baron Davis his walking papers...
where will he land?
He has a herniated disc. No one will pick him up through waivers. He'll probably become a free agent.

This whole CP3 drama just has a bad after taste. I still think the air is a bit toxic at this point. We'll see how things play out.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #390
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
there are several pressures that I'm sure made this paul trade finally go down. i'm sure people would be extremely frustrated had stern vetoed a THIRD proposed deal, so he just sort of let this go and Clippers finally said ok in giving up Gordon. also, i'm sure the hornets needed to move paul sooner rather than later (heard he was excuse from hornets media session). but now that you mention him getting traded to the clippers, it does feel biased towards small market teams.

I don't think this trade really makes Clippers that attractive anymore after they lose gordon. Now it's just the cp3 to blake griffin show or any other type of PG and PF/C combo without depth. the season when the hornets won 50 something games and surprised everyone had a better team with david west. plus this team doesn't have a tyson chandler like that hornets team did, instead they just spent a shitload of money on deandre jordon who is developing. i know they got butler, mo williams, bledshoe, and billups, but none of those players has gordon type talent.

i personally wished cp3 to go to orlando instead of the clippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Closed Thread