Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #361
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
it has been a while since u completly paid the container and it should have had shipped by now. i understood that other companies had priority, i understood about the japanese holiday. enough these things better ship before the end of this month or i will be on the refund list as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:18 AM   #362
darkstardrifter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
darkstardrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
umports: i do have a legal s14 that is daily driven.
and have sold quite a few legal cars. i would sell them as legal if they werent.
if i sell you acar you can walk into your dmv in your town and register it under
your name with the title i give you.
if your pulled over, (which i have been) your car will not be impounded on the fact that its japanese.
if thats not legal i dont know what is.

kenny,
we so bring them in as "parts" and rebuild them. we can bring in some cars as full cars, but its still a bit underhanded.
i dont think any skyline in the US is legal by any means.
but we go through all the appropriate paper work and inspections to be able to sell these cars as street legal.
when i brought this up to the D.O.T I told them exactly what we were doing and made sure that we
would be able to sell them legally in the U.S as well as legally drive them on U.S highways.
the only problem forseen by them were out of state buyers with more strict emmisions standards.
but thats nothing that anyone with any car in a state with emissions has to deal with and could take care of.
im not going to go into detail on the process, its somewhat confidential.

but if anyone has any more skyline or car questions please PM me.
i agree that this thread should be kept to the matter at hand
Old 06-21-2005, 05:50 AM   #363
goldsil80

goldsil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
been trying to get a hold of you. I've e-mail but they have been bounced back to me every time. Give me a call on the cell.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #364
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
our email server is down, there still trying to get it back up as well as our website.

Call you on your cell who are you?

Jordan
Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #365
NiS13
Leaky Injector

NiS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NiS13
just randomly came upon this thread last night and pretty much read everything thats goin on and i just wanted to say that please give these guys from darkstar some credit they've given all u guys the information that you've needed and they seem to be doing the best that they can and giving u everything that u've wanted to hear i feel bad for these guys that they started off their business like this but 1300 for a redtop is a steal any way u look at it and yes it does take a long time to bring parts over here from japan so just be patient i felt the same way when i ordered some wheels they took about 5-6 months but just look forward to the day that u get them and everything is behind u
DRIFTWHORE #2
Old 06-21-2005, 05:18 PM   #366
karay240

Trader Rating: (1)
karay240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So you're saying that you defraud the government by bringing "parts" in while it's really a car.

That's the problem w/ ppl thinking that the car is legal just because it's registered.

Here's a little quote from the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations-Transportation) about bringing cars into the states:

". . . motor vehicles and motor vehicle equipment permanently imported into the Unites States conform with theft prevention standards issued under part 541 of this chapter and that they conform with, or are brought into conformity with, all applicable FEDERAL motor vehicle safety standards issued under part 571 of this chapter and bumper standards issued under part 581 of this chapter.” Then, “non conforming vehicles and equipment items imported on a temporary basis are ultimately either exported or abandoned to the United States.”

Notice the underlined part? It says federal. . . NOT state. Last time I checked, Federal law superceded state law. Meaning by you importing the motorvehicle equipment (or parts) that don't meet the US federal regulations, whether it's inadvertently or purposefully, you ARE breaking the law.

Again, just for clarification, the laws are federally imposed, and just because
your state, county, city, or town doesn't have smog checks does not make it legal to drive any car. This not only applies to emissions. Have you ever taken off the bumper cover and checked out the actual bumper on your S14? Noticed any differences? There is a pretty big difference b/w the two cars.

Also, Jordan mentioned, in an earlier post, that you guys talked to RB Motoring about this legalizing issue. . . when was this?

Sorry for the long post. I'm just tired of ppl getting the wrong idea about things when "reputable" shops fill their heads w/ BS.

Kenny
www.rbmotoring.com
Old 06-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #367
darkstardrifter
Leaky Injector

ok kenny, i never talked to rb motoring, if jordan did than ask him.

what i bring in are parts, theres no law against that. dont you think these things are checked by the port authority and custioms?
whether i make a car out of them or not is up to me,its illegal to bring a CAR into the U.S its not illegal to have the car, or build it.
maybe i have had that car in the u.s for five years and decided to sell it, maybe i have a garage full of those cars, who knows, and further more who cares beside you because your afraid that i could undercut you on car sales.
you have your own business practices, and i tell everyone of our customers exactly how we do this, so if they dont want to buy one then they dont have to, but from what i ve seen so far no one cares how they get here just as long as they get here.
call it what you will , these cars are checked over very Thoroughly by D.O.T for federal compliance. as i said they know exactly what were doing , theres nothing hidden about it. they are paid to make sure these things are safe, there not going to allow us to even drive them off the lot if they werenet, let alone give us documents for legalization.
and like i said before sometimes things need changed for compliance (EX) glass, headlights, support beams etc.. but that is done if needed.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 PM   #368
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Kenny do you have any documents claiming that you guys are the only company in amcerica that can Legalize cars? I would like to see these documents.

Also doesnt Motorex Own RBmotoring?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #369
karay240

I think you might have misread my post. I quoted "motor vehicles and motor vehicle equipment." If that's not talking about parts, I don't know what is.

BTW, I'd like to clarify that I'm not knocking what your doing. And no, you are not cutting into our business. We get plenty of customers that bought their cars from ppl just like you. Once their car breaks, they come askig us for parts. I think that if you can bring the cars over and register them, that's great. That means more business for us. And I thank you for that.

What I don't appreciate; however, and this is the reason I'm posting right now, is that whether or not you can get the cars registered, I think that your customers do have the right to know that the cars that they are buying are NOT legalized. And that there can be a problem.

99.9% of ppl never keep the same car forever, and it's not uncommon for cars to pass hands once a couple of years. Once it's @ the 3rd, 4th, and so on, a guy may sell the car to somebody who's clueless of what it takes to legalize the cars. Then the car's sold to CA or wherever that regulations are enforced. I'm tired of dealing w/ those ppl, and having to have to break the bad news to them.

I'm just tired of ppl calling them a legal car. Use the term semi-legal/gray market or whatever. No matter how much you want them to be legalized, they are, and always will be a car that slipped through the cracks of the system.

Kenny
www.rbmotoring.com
Old 06-21-2005, 08:12 PM   #370
ballr858
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ballr858 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
why don't u guys chat on aim about this or pm each other. keep it out of this thread. or go start a new thread.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #371
karay240

There are no documents stating the exclusivity of the legalization of import cars. Just do a search on google for "RI" (Registered Importer), and you'll find a whole slew of them. We are not the only ones that can legalize imported cars; however, there are documents that are not available to the public stating the exact modifications to the Skylines that had to be done.

The reason I think that the majority of the companies "legalizing" these cars are full of it is that the initial investment for legalizing the 1st car costs a minimum of $300k (the need to crash test a few, processing documents etc. etc.), and over 12k after that for each car. That's the reason why the legal ones cost so much.

And no, RB Motoring is a separate company owned by different ppl. I'm not exactly sure how that rumor started, but it's not true.

Kenny
www.rbmotoring.com
Old 06-22-2005, 12:27 AM   #372
Emmtee214
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Emmtee214 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. I didn't know so much was into importing a car. I am actually glad this was brought up I am not a risk taker when it comes to buying a half-assed car it needs to be up to code and legal in all forms. sounds like you pay for what youget?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:13 AM   #373
darkstardrifter
Leaky Injector

ok well im not going to whore up this thread with complete nonsense.
we were actually thinking a while back in setting up service plans with your company (RB motoring) for customers on the west coast but if you dont want our customers thats fine.
Gary Mckinney would be glad to have them.
and no it does'nt cost near that much for crash tests, trust me ive looked over everything it takes to legalize the cars we cant pass with D.O.T inspection.
i plan on completing the 5 car test with any car we sell that isnt on the list or passable by D.O.T (ex. jzx100, jzx110,s15 etc..) before we ever claim them to be legal.
ok they are
- D.O.T inspected,approved& passed
-they have a legal VIN
-they have a new legal title.
where are they illegal?

anyone who pays 70k for a skyline is a sucker plain and simple.
im just selling the cars for little over what it costs us to buy, import and legalize.
the funny thing is our bank even offers financing on our cars.
you would think they wouldnt do that if they werent legal.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:11 AM   #374
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

i remember being quoted 90K for a R33 GTR not V-spec or anything. What all does that include Kenny?
I know the area of what your buying these cars at keep in mind. your asking for almost 4x the amount of what you paid...Since there so expensive im curious if you guys do some super things to them or what..
And dont tell me its becuse the cars have to have another skyline so it can be crashed for your skyline becuse that is far from true..

Cars that we can not legalize but still bring in will be sold as track only cars. Simple enough, were not going to lie and tell people there legal when there not. We have been doing our research for many many years now.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:48 AM   #375
Siege_a

Siege_a is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Siege_a Send a message via Yahoo to Siege_a
I know this has been said several times, including from the people of Darkstar, but can we PLEASE take this somewhere else, and leave this thread about our engines?!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:49 AM   #376
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

Agree. Kenny if you insist on keeping on either email us, call us, AIM me you have the Screen name. stay out of this thread.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #377
umsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

umsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstardrifter
ok well im not going to whore up this thread with complete nonsense.
we were actually thinking a while back in setting up service plans with your company (RB motoring) for customers on the west coast but if you dont want our customers thats fine.
Gary Mckinney would be glad to have them.
and no it does'nt cost near that much for crash tests, trust me ive looked over everything it takes to legalize the cars we cant pass with D.O.T inspection.
i plan on completing the 5 car test with any car we sell that isnt on the list or passable by D.O.T (ex. jzx100, jzx110,s15 etc..) before we ever claim them to be legal.
ok they are
- D.O.T inspected,approved& passed
-they have a legal VIN
-they have a new legal title.

where are they illegal?

anyone who pays 70k for a skyline is a sucker plain and simple.
im just selling the cars for little over what it costs us to buy, import and legalize.
the funny thing is our bank even offers financing on our cars.
you would think they wouldnt do that if they werent legal.
You guys are starting to remind me of a favorite of the 240SX crowd, Night7racing....

Cheap Motors and "US Legal" skylines for sale...all you need now is a Sport Compact Car feature using wooden motor mounts...

In all seriousness, we're not trying to be hard on you guys....

It's just that the 240SX community has seen its fair share of shady shops, with big promises made, too good to be good deals, and lots of burn't customers in the end.

Kenny and I have been around for quite some time, probably longer than 95% of all 240SX primary online businesses. And we just dont want to see customers getting screwed.

You guys seem to be doing with best you can with the current situation...We wish you the best of luck....
Old 06-22-2005, 02:25 PM   #378
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

im going to have someone clean this thread. Ive asked you to stop. Djhaze12000 aim.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:17 PM   #379
foolishdrift
Zilvia Member

foolishdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
So any new news on shipment dates? Shoot me and email at [email protected] whenever you get them at your shop, id like to stop by and buy one. How much would a red top cost if I wasn't in on the original group buy?
thanks
Old 06-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #380
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Wanted to thank everyone for having patience with this situation. Eric and Jordan are doing the best they can to get all your guys engines here and mine as well. I am here in Miami and like Eric said I will be the guy to recieve the container when it gets here and they day it gets here I will let everyone know.

Thanks
Edgar Sarmiento
Darkstar Developments
Old 06-26-2005, 09:54 PM   #381
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
the container got paid over a month ago. why is it still in japan and not in transit?!?!?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:49 PM   #382
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

Everyone, our email system is back up. If you have been trying to send us an Email and have it saved or know what you were trying to talk to us about please send them as we can now get them once again. thanks

Jordan
DD
Old 06-27-2005, 03:01 AM   #383
darkstardrifter
Leaky Injector

i just went to florida to get ti taken care of. i think i have it pretty well straghttened out. ill pay them what they need and get it goin. i just had to straighten a few things out with the co signer. and i did that while i was in florida.
things are more straightened out then ever.
just keep your patience up things are working out.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:23 PM   #384
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my refund from Darkstar today.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #385
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

i was wondering if you got that back yet. Good to know you have it.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:31 PM   #386
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yep, Got it today in the mail. Thanks Again.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 PM   #387
Siege_a

Siege_a is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Siege_a Send a message via Yahoo to Siege_a
Well things seem to be looking up finally (though we have had good news severla times that lead to nowhere). But we have two at least people that have gotten refunds (though one was through Paypal with Darkstar help), Edgar has surfaced again for the first time in months, and apparently it really is soon to be shipped. I am getting somewhat impatient, so it's good to have some progress happening.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:44 AM   #388
darkstardrifter
Leaky Injector

edgar wont be on here too much, hes going back to school soon and working for us in his spare time. (aka) when we get shipments in and taking care of florida customers.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:16 AM   #389
Integral

Integral is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Integral Send a message via AIM to Integral Send a message via MSN to Integral
so are these deals still available? b/c i'll be moving to FL in august and will be looking for an SR
Old 06-28-2005, 03:22 AM   #390
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

Edgar hasnt popped up...he has been in Miami for quite some time now. As Eric has said he is down there to goto school and help us with containers when they come in. Noone should contact edgar for anything, Me and Eric will handle everything.

I just want to thank everyone who has stuck in with us and have been patient ( I know its hard ) But you guys dont understand how much that means to Eric and I. We wish that everything would have went as smoothly as things should have went. I can honestley say there will never be another problem again. Thanks again guys

Jordan
darkstar
Closed Thread