Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #361
Banda1d

Trader Rating: (0)
Banda1d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
your car is looking great. mad props
Banda1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #362
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
been awhile... not very productive. finally today ive decided to go outside and got some stuff done.

cleaned and painted the diff. i need to get new plugs, the square openings are all messed up.

and car finally... (almost) on the garage floor again.

car still has the jack in the rear. gotta roll the fenders still. but goes low enough to make me happy.

bay ready for engine

anybody know if you need a certain type of inner/outer tie rod combo if using the 7mm?? pbm steering angle spacer thing? seems like with the tie rods maxed out the front wheels seem toed in a lot more than it should be? (i am using the circuit sport tie rod combo)

Last edited by jon_mr2; 06-28-2009 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: cs tie rod comment
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #363
roplusbee
Leaky Injector

roplusbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via MSN to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee
Wow, this is an awesome build. I am thoroughly impressed with your dedication and progress with this undertaking. I am truely inspired. Almost done dude, keep it up.

1989 240SX - 1JZGTE | Stance | Apexi GT | LMGT2
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #364
Leo-kun
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Leo-kun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Loving the wheels! Nice work, keep it up!
Leo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #365
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
95 maxima se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
awesome work bro
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #366
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
today re-welded on the front tension rod brace rod closer to the front.

rolled the rear fenders some, still need to go some more since ill be running less negative camber (even though i think it looks pretty good how it stands right now)

started with the eastwood fender roller and heat gun, but takes to long for me. so i used the baseball bat technique and heat gun and worked like a charm. the eastwood fr is good when smashing in the lip though. i couldnt really get that good angle to smash it in without having the bat sit on the lip of the rim. so, just some pics to show this wheel fitment! lol, ill probably raise it up a little higher though (sorry crazy wheel fitment guys)

actually, cant even tell its really rolled in these pics unless you seen what it looked like before hand.

i could actually finally post in the wheel fitment whore thread. but i think ill wait till the whole car is finished. im getting excited
Old 06-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #367
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
that's hawaii? seems like a lot of open space for you to work on cars/have your workshop.

i wish i can afford land like that in california.
i wish i could afford land as well, this is actually my dads house. im hoping by the time im 25 i can own my own house and start payments at least... i should actually start saving more now instead of playing around with this car, haha.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #368
Couped_up'd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (47)
Couped_up'd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
^ what the hell....

Anyways...
nice coupe.
Done right.
Couple Love.

That is all.
Couped_up'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:47 AM   #369
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thats a nice fender pull
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #370
niSE7EN

niSE7EN is an unknown quantity at this point
just read all 13 pages from the start
nice build man ill have to see the car when i visit my friend in aiea
niSE7EN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #371
jon_mr2

thanks guys! it was actually my first fender roll/pull by myself! im glad it came out well.

more angles

got some srp racing pedal covers. a little harder to install than i thought it would be. lol

the gas pedal and foot rest were easy because they are plastic with self tapping screws. and the clutch pedal went ok. but for the brake pedal, the holes wouldnt line up well without interfering with the welds on the back of the pedal for the nut. so, i ended up tapping that one hole and seems to work fine.

also got the engine off the stand. resealed the upper front cover, valve cover, rear main seal plate and replaced the seal. got that damn torque converter bushing out, and installed the new pilot bushing. love this tool.

earlier this week i was planning to put the engine/trans in this weekend... but, i forgot to resurface the flywheel and its sitting in the garage at home, and at home there is no machine shop... so bummers. but today i found a good deal for a fidanza aluminum flywheel, so thats going to be coming soon, hopefully before next weekend so everything can go together!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #372
Sl3KA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Sl3KA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Beautiful job man... I'm just doing exterior body work since I can't really pull my motor as it's going on a ship to Oahu next week... but I'm just going to spray the engine bay flat black anyways... not really a show car so it doesn't really matter but does to a certain extent... what island are you on? If you live on Oahu I will understand haha no track? WTF??!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #373
mikefc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mikefc is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Awesome!
and great job on the first time roll/pull!
mikefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #374
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl3KA View Post
Beautiful job man... I'm just doing exterior body work since I can't really pull my motor as it's going on a ship to Oahu next week... but I'm just going to spray the engine bay flat black anyways... not really a show car so it doesn't really matter but does to a certain extent... what island are you on? If you live on Oahu I will understand haha no track? WTF??!
thanks. but yeah, at first i wanted to just do a simple overhaul to a certain extent... but seemed like i got carried away. i figured if i have all this out, i might as well go all the way since i can. too bad i didnt have loads of money, just to order all the parts i need one time and do the job, lol.

and i live on the big island... still no track but supposedly, their is one in the making down kona side. so one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefc View Post
Awesome!
and great job on the first time roll/pull!
thanks! still want to pull it out a little more to run less neg camber... and i still need silvia front fenders! lol
Old 07-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #375
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
amazing progress...cant wait to see this car on the ground and driving
wannabdr1ftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #376
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
damn, this is great!
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #377
dakota_lyons
Leaky Injector

dakota_lyons is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, just read all 12.5 pages. nice build. i can't wait till it's done. suscribed
dakota_lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #378
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I've said it before and again, this is -- in my opinion -- one of the best build threads I have seen.

Coming from someone who really does not like build threads in general.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #379
driftertim
Zilvia Member

driftertim is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to driftertim Send a message via MSN to driftertim
Inspiring Jon, Good job buddy. I'm building my coupe in a buddys garage. Maybe youll see me make a build thread one day, Keep up the good work. We all need to see what other guys/girls are doing by themselves in their garages. POST MORE PICS
Old 07-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #380
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I've said it before and again, this is -- in my opinion -- one of the best build threads I have seen.

Coming from someone who really does not like build threads in general.
WOW! thanks dude. really appreciate it and everyone else keeping this thing alive.

so, i got a big box in the mail from jegs. yay!

taylor battery box for relocation.

fasttrax camber/caster gauge. thought id try it out.

-an fittings/hoses, plus some other things...

finished sealing up the diff

purchased some wheel covers to protect that pretty finish

got the right expansion valve for the ac this time... wrong fitting sizes!

so got to put the evaporator box back together

jodie cleaned the trans, now its grease free! new slave cyl and trans mount.

so, found the knock sensor cracked, guess i gotta buy a new one.

its like christmas today :P

yet, i still need a lot more parts according to my plans... lol
Old 07-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #381
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

awesome...just awesome
Old 07-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #382
jon_mr2

so... home early this week.

received the flywheel!

sucks i wont have time to work on the car this weekend, could've had the engine back in but we are going to go camping.

still, it will be fun

next weekend for sure!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #383
khearts1314

khearts1314 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just finished reading the whole story. Great work man. And like everyone else watching this i'm inspired too. Can't wait to see it finished.
khearts1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #384
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
i love all these great build threads popping up in chat lately

i love everything about this car keep up the dedication and motivation to finish this car the same way you started working on it
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #385
jon_mr2

home early again!

so, got a few things done today...

finally got a resonator

installed the aluminum flywheel and clutch

got the trans mounted

and then...

engine looks a little high though. not too sure if i should swap the motor mounts, i have read that the nismo mounts do sit the engine higher up. and right now i have the right labeled mount on the driver side and left labeled mount on the passenger side... i forget if that was right, i couldve sworn i read it somewhere. so if someone could clarify, it would be nice, if not im going to try swap them tommorow.

but overall, im pretty pleased how its turning out.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #386
Killa_D
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
Killa_D can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
damn nice work, love this thread..
Killa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #387
2_slow_40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
2_slow_40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
awesome. just wish i had a garage that i could work in. keep it up, its lookin great.
2_slow_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #388
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_slow_40 View Post
awesome. just wish i had a garage that i could work in. keep it up, its lookin great.
I feel you on that, I get to use my garage for 3 months a year when my parents are out to vacation (gutted/painted my interior) this summer, this winter I want to say a swap might be in the happening

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #389
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
man do i love coupes!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #390
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

aww man its getting there...i know i cant wait to see it