Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #361
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
zomg do i see triple projectors??
Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #362
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
That's not bad at all, I like it. And for the people who criticize all the concepts, you can't expect every car, especially a "cheap" one, to look beautiful from the factory. Look at how ugly our cars are stock, 4x4 wheel gap central, it's up to us to make them look pretty haha. I'd rather have a simple car that's easy to mod, not an over-engineered toy that will have no aftermarket.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #363
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Has anyone posted this yet?

Also, any translators among us?

(I took a pic of a page of concepts featured in Best Car - The large text in the upper right says Silvia)
Silvia
It is said that Nissan has not been enthused about sports cars other than the Z and the GT-R, but the Urge is also undergoing research.
Introduction possibility 40%

So it looks like the concept is going to be called the Urge. There's nothing in the text about the Silvia though.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #364
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Trader Rating: (0)
Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keep in mind that Best Car renderings are notoriously unreliable.
The 370Z will be lighter and smaller than the 350Z, so at least that's a good start.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #365
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
Silvia
It is said that Nissan has not been enthused about sports cars other than the Z and the GT-R, but the Urge is also undergoing research.
Introduction possibility 40%

So it looks like the concept is going to be called the Urge. There's nothing in the text about the Silvia though.
That must be old then. Cause the Urge concept debuted almost 2 years ago. Since then Nissan has SAID they are bringing out a new RWD car.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #366
LigouriRd
Zilvia Member

LigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enoughLigouriRd will become famous soon enough
+ =
Too obvious, that, gotta be someone outside of nissan chopping things.

Not that it is entirely a bad look, could be something new for nissan. Seem doubtful nissan with go that route, what with no toothed grille.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #367
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
I know this is already out, I haven't seen one in person either so.. JESUS CHRIST, its gorgeous.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #368
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Yea there's a chick that drives one around the area where I work. It's so dope. The ONLY thing I don't like is that it's actually kind of hard to tell from the rear if it's a 35 or 37.

Other then that, it's so hot.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #369
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hawt, but costly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #370
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
i cant wait untill 3 years after these cars hit the market
cuz then i can actually afford a used one haha

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #371
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
^
Spot on there.

Let's get back on topic.

Since we're talking about Scion, and RWD cars, I'm speculating that Toyota's 86 replacement that they are talking about being $15000 is gonna be a Scion.
makes sense to me.

maybe there'll be a toyota version and a scion version

G35/350Z style

thatd be tight

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #372
B18C5MK1
Zilvia Addict

B18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond reputeB18C5MK1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to B18C5MK1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
if that car has an engine that fits behind the rear axle it's going to be boring to drive. might as well drive a smart car. we all know how well those sold in the states.
smart cars did bad in the states because americans prefer suv's.. i count them 10 to 1 in LA and OC.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #373
kyoru
Zilvia Addict

kyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfection
just saw a g37 in person today and sat in one. looks so much better in person...i hate the faux aluminum trim inside though

kyoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #374
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C5MK1 View Post
smart cars did bad in the states because americans prefer suv's.. i count them 10 to 1 in LA and OC.

We arent really a smart car type of nation. They would kick ass in cities like NYC and SanFrancisco but for the most part they arent the best highway cruiser which is what a lot of our driving is.

I consider the rear end of the G37 to be quite distinctive from the G35 as well but I do have the car eye which the average consumer doesnt. Not that you dont have it referring to the AVERAGE consumer who doesnt really notice much of cars.

But I dont like the G37's rear end, looks much fatter and less blunt. I like angular stuff
Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 AM   #375
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
that so called new silvia, is really fat looking. i want small and light. not fat and chunky, it seems like al of the nissans are chunky bitches now.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #376
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
We arent really a smart car type of nation. They would kick ass in cities like NYC and SanFrancisco but for the most part they arent the best highway cruiser which is what a lot of our driving is.

I consider the rear end of the G37 to be quite distinctive from the G35 as well but I do have the car eye which the average consumer doesnt. Not that you dont have it referring to the AVERAGE consumer who doesnt really notice much of cars.

But I dont like the G37's rear end, looks much fatter and less blunt. I like angular stuff
Yea, from like a pretty good distance coming up on it, it's just a little difficult. But from a few car lengths away, it's real easy to tell.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #377
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
i wouldnt drive a high end rwd car.. me dont have the money for that... ever ever happend to the 14k-25k price range..
Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #378
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Breaking News! Courtesy of Autoblog! Not a fan of the concept drawing. We'll see how the actual car looks in a couple weeks.

BREAKING! Hyundai releases official renderings of Concept Genesis Coupe

Hyundai just sent us these first official renderings of its Concept Genesis Coupe, a stylized and exaggerated version of a production rear-wheel-drive coupe that's on the way. The actual Concept Genesis Coupe will makes its first public appearance at the LA Auto Show in a couple of weeks, and we'll be on hand to capture the debut. While no other information about the coupe concept or the forthcoming production version was given, we're betting the 3.8L V6 will be the top shelf engine, though we're still holding out hope for a proper V8. Tell us what you think of the concept's design in the comments, as we're sure Hyundai is listening.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #379
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
not bad for a hummday
here is another one,.,, I want those wheels for my moss kouki so bad!!

max2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #380
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The Concept Genesis Coupe is......an IS350 with 350Z tail lights.

Hyundai...what bitches.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #381
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
i fucken hate glass roofs..
Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #382
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound View Post
i fucken hate glass roofs..
Yea, it's the new "altezza" style taillight of the industry. For a sports coupe I'm not a fan. Glass is heavy. For an CUV or something like that I'm OK with it.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #383
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Rumormill: Subaru to build new RWD Toyota Celica

The rumor mill is up and running again this week, churning out reports of a new Toyota Celica. While the Toyota line-up once included a variety of sports-coupes, since the cancellation of the Supra, MR2 and Celica, it's had nothing but sedans, hatchbacks, vans and trucks to offer. Rumor has it that a new Celica is on the way, to be built by Subaru, in whose parent company Fuji Heavy Industries Toyota acquired significant stake back in 2005.

If reports out of Japan's BestCar are to be believed, the new Celica will come in two versions: the base GT, with a naturally-aspirated 2-liter Subaru boxer four driving the rear wheels, and a hopped-up GT-Four version with the 300-hp turbo engine from the JDM Impreza STi and all-wheel-drive. The GT-Four could also be a sort of performance hybrid, gaining small electric motors in each of the four wheels. Both the GT and GT-Four are tipped to be available in either two-door or three-door bodystyles, since the Impreza is offered only as a sedan and five-door for this current generation. The new Celica, the styling of which could draw on the FT-HS concept car from last year's Detroit show (pictured above), is reportedly being readied for a launch in Japan next year.

[Source: MotorTrend]
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #384
pwhitersxs
Zilvia Member

pwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pwhitersxs
I always loved the old celica gt-fours. I think toyota really missed out on a lot of sales not bringing over the st205(95-99?) celica. Those cars are so cool. If toyota does bring a celica with RWD and AWD, it will sell well. Toyota just seems too conservative for that.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #385
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhitersxs View Post
I always loved the old celica gt-fours. I think toyota really missed out on a lot of sales not bringing over the st205(95-99?) celica. Those cars are so cool. If toyota does bring a celica with RWD and AWD, it will sell well. Toyota just seems too conservative for that.
And that is why they are adding some sporty/sports cars to their lineup. Last year Toyota said they would be adding at least 3 sporty/sports cars to their line-up soon.

The 86 replacement will prolly be a Scion, then you'll have this new Celica, and then a Supra successor in the form on the FT-HS concept.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #386
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound View Post
i wouldnt drive a high end rwd car.. me dont have the money for that... ever ever happend to the 14k-25k price range..
The natural inflation rate?

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #387
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Last year Toyota said they would be adding at least 3 sporty/sports cars to their line-up soon.

HELL YES. its about time.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #388
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sounds cool, but i dunno about the turbo-4 idea. i would suspect that they would end up using a GR engine derivative, prolly like the 2GR out of the IS 350. that would make sense, also, if they did it with the GR because they can base the car on the IS chassis.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #389
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
sounds cool, but i dunno about the turbo-4 idea. i would suspect that they would end up using a GR engine derivative, prolly like the 2GR out of the IS 350. that would make sense, also, if they did it with the GR because they can base the car on the IS chassis.
That's a good idea. But I wonder if they can produce that chassis cheap enough to put it into a $25k car?

Last I heard, Subby and Toyota were in cahoots and making a new RWD chassis for this car as well as Subby's version.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #390
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
So the real news is, Subaru is making a 2 door version of its STI and badging it as a Toyota.

22B revival?