Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #361
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_S14
Holy crap were you the other green zenki out at the Private-Events track day at Buttonwillow July 29????

At least they could tell our cars apart, those 2 white kouki's were almost identical.

Man I would have loved to see your setup that day. I think I also saw you and your caravan over at the In-N-Out Burger on the way over there. Great job on the ITB's.

I'm still in the middle of reading a lot of this thread (it's LONG).
Yeah that was him....

He's an old schooler at PE.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #362
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
Video should be coming soon. I know I got at least two of your runs on Adrew's camera. Thanks for the rides btw.

TWO IN THE COOT, ONE IN THE POOT
Old 08-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #363
Bow

Bow is an unknown quantity at this point
I am new here, but not new to 240's.

I just wanted to tell RBS14 that he should not be disappointed by the dyno numbers. He sailed headlong into uncharted waters and came out the other side no worse for wear.

Besides that, you gained throttle response [which most KA drivers would agree that the KA24DE lacks] and there is probably more power to be made with your setup... Tweaking is harder than the initial build most times.

Besides that.. I'll bet it sounds like no other KA24DE.

Hold you head high!

Post up a video or audio file, that thing looks killer.

Bow
Old 08-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #364
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
RBS14 SHOULD be dissapointed. He's losing our battle of the KA's and my car sucks donkey cock!

Scooter lets see some vid. Now. Better yet come down here and let me crash it.
EDIT: You wouldnt happen to have a spare s14 LCA laying around would you?
Old 08-29-2005, 06:55 PM   #365
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
His car definately had more balls then any other Na-ka i've been in. To see the car you must all come out to NCDA's night drift this thursday night at Altamont. www.ncda.net

Old 08-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #366
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
BSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BSPerformance
^ I'm on the east coast not gonna happen, someone needs to get vids/sound clips of his car! I want to hear this beast
Old 08-30-2005, 06:37 AM   #367
Bow

Bow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPerformance
^ I'm on the east coast not gonna happen, someone needs to get vids/sound clips of his car! I want to hear this beast
I'm in Texas and just can't see that commute either...

but damn, I'd do it.

it isn't turbo, it isn't Nitrous... it is cool.

It makes the enigine respond quicker.

I think he did a hell of a job.

Last edited by Bow; 08-30-2005 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #368
SHIFT_control
Leaky Injector

SHIFT_control is a well-known jackass
Wow, those two are buddies they just poking fun at each other. Spend some time on the boards to see who likes who around here before you start to flame someone next time.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #369
Toka Motorsports
Leaky Injector

Toka Motorsports is a well-known jackass
check it out now!!!!

Check out this plug and play itb setup(throttle position sensor made to work with ka24de,)

Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa Individual Throttle Bodies
Suzuki 50mm air horns
Custom 1.75 liter intake plenum, 3" intake diameter
Converted Suzuki TPS sensor - plug-n-play with Nissan KA24DE wiring

its on ebay if you want it!!!

Last edited by S14DB; 09-08-2005 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: No ebay
Old 09-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #370
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I wonder who made those....the name looks so familiar.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:06 PM   #371
mmtmatrix
Leaky Injector

mmtmatrix is an unknown quantity at this point
Those are bad ass, I like the idea of not having to run management...

Any more info on them? Who made them? How much $?

What about power? How much gained? If what other mods needed to extract power?

Thanks,
Malcolm
Old 09-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #372
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

sil80forme can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to sil80forme
damnit if only i had the money! WTF oh yeah wheres the damn sound clip
Old 09-09-2005, 04:07 AM   #373
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
well looks like some ppl are laggin with the sound clips, but i can tell you this...it sounds unbelievable
Old 09-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #374
RexAtHighSpeed

RexAtHighSpeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice ITBs! Don't get discouraged because it didn't run as good as you thought it should have. Here are a few things to consider. Your ITBs are breathing hot underhood air using the stock cams! Put some bumpsticks in there! Crower makes some nice ones (the ka24de parts are not on the website, you have to email them). There is no easy way to fabricate a non-restrictive cold air system for your ITBs but I bet if you did you'd see a difference. Intake runner length plays a huge role in determining what RPM peak power will occur. Have you ever measured the total length of the ITBs (centerline length from head flange to end of runner)? I'd like to know the difference. I'd bet it's not as big as you might think.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #375
BadMoJo
Nissanaholic!

BadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to BadMoJo
My buddy has the dimequarterly newsletter and those ITB's look exactly like the ones showed in their article. Current issue even has a picture of them online.

http://www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com/dq_online.html

----Gone----
Old 09-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #376
speedjay

speedjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to speedjay
those are hawt
Old 09-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #377
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
alright finally a vid!!

Not the best sound quality, and it doesn't convey how it REALLY sounds, but it's a clip none the less. And I don't think I get over about 5k RPMS but you get the idea...

http://media.putfile.com/DC9-10-1

http://media.putfile.com/DC9-10-6

They're about 10mb each. So dialup no bueno.

Oh and Phlip, you can eat my ass now. hahahaha
Old 09-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #378
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Fuck ya!!! OMG. Thank you!

JVD.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #379
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Just to vouch for Scott, the video clip does NOT do the car justice. It is truly an angry bastard in person.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:56 PM   #380
zeek
Zilvia Member

zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont give up throw in some agressive cams and a minor P&P i bet you could get close to 200whp
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 PM   #381
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
If i had $1000.....id do this right now...

But I'm a broke mofo
Old 09-21-2005, 01:51 PM   #382
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Are you sure there isnt more power in the tuning? Aem made about the same power/torque maybe even a little more on an s14 with bolt ons and aem stand alone so maybe with a better tune you can find some more power. Def with cams and high compression you should see more power though but thats the problem with n/a $$$$ I wanted to do it also but I dont have that kind of cash especially with my custom cage and new seat going in I am broke as f!@#$
Old 09-21-2005, 02:33 PM   #383
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
man that's awesome, I'm starting up an ITB project too, when I get my megasquirt stuff together is it cool if I ask you for some help?
Old 09-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #384
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Well, I've checked around with some very reputable nissan tuners, and my spark map is on par with the ones they use. And then you just get the AFR correct and that's as much power as you can make. There's little tricks here and there, I might be able to squeak a few more hp here and there, but nothing "major". I've got a P&P'd head going in sometime in the near future, but I really want a pair of cams to throw in it.

someone donate some already! hahah
Old 09-21-2005, 08:15 PM   #385
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

Is it still breaking up in the top end or did you fix that? All i know is driving in this car is FUNNNN!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 11:28 PM   #386
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Mike, I fixed it!

the trigger sensor was misaligned a bit. 20 mins realigning it and it's been a champ since. I think it killed the ignitor because it was working so hard to create the spark, because of f'd up sensor alignment.

*knock on wood.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #387
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
why the hell would you build a itb setup if your gonna rock a plenum? unless your going turbo? bah screw it.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:51 AM   #388
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
ITBs are the REAL IDBs. I'd soo rock this witha stroked SOHC KA.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #389
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

A stroked ka? I can't think of anything I'd least rather do to a ka. blah. More like way overbored and destroked.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #390
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
A stroked ka? I can't think of anything I'd least rather do to a ka. blah. More like way overbored and destroked.
seriously it def. needs to be destroked get those revs up where you can make n/a power
Closed Thread