Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #361
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
sarhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Here you go http://performanceforums.com/forums/...-other-uz-info
sarhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #362
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbronegro View Post
Eh I have 2 2uz engine that i got each cheaper than my 1uzfe. I just dont know what I'll do with them. One I think I'm going to swap NA into some old toyota pickup and drive it around like that. But then I'd have to swap the fbw throttle body to a throttle cable setup. The rods are weaker but the head flows better than than non-vvti 1uz. The block adds 82lbs i think.
Sorry I forgot there 2 different 2uz motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhd View Post
There you go. lextreme has more info in there.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #363
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah I'm on lextreme. Lots of knowledge there. But also lots of outdated information and takes a week to get a reply in a thread lol. Oh and I've read that thread before Thanks. Just wondering if people actually used it in a car before. Especially a rwd light car.
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #364
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

streetprototype is an unknown quantity at this point
so anything on the pilot bearing? whats everyone using? im going to be using a ka transmission. i was thinking of going with this: http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Pilot-be...17.htmanything inputs on what else i might need as far as this goes? compatable with the stock ka clutch fork? i read up on extensions, can someone give me the 101 on that. thanks in advance
streetprototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #365
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

That's the pilot bushing i went with. It takes him a week to ship it out even though he said he had 10 in stock. I'll let you know when it comes I'm though
Old 04-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #366
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

streetprototype is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhd View Post
That's the pilot bushing i went with. It takes him a week to ship it out even though he said he had 10 in stock. I'll let you know when it comes I'm though
allright cool. keep us updated thanks!
streetprototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #367
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I have yet to do it, but i'm certain you can just machine 1/2" off of the bellhousing and you'll have the perfect throwout bearing engagement. Your shifter will also end up 1/2" closer to being centered as well.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:16 AM   #368
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
I have yet to do it, but i'm certain you can just machine 1/2" off of the bellhousing and you'll have the perfect throwout bearing engagement. Your shifter will also end up 1/2" closer to being centered as well.
I was going to go this route like you said but I couldn't find an extra bellhousing but just going to go with you welding the 2 housing together like u said
Old 04-14-2014, 05:17 AM   #369
codybrown408

codybrown408 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody do a s14 1uzfett to a 350z tranny yet?

And turtle how much for a 350z tranny mount for s14?
codybrown408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #370
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
^There is no need for a complete trans mount, just a spacing bracket account for the new position. Also, what i'd do for anyone who hasn't purchased their flywheel for this setup yet is to get this one http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Nissan-S...-0000-0031.htm

I've run into issues mixing pressure plates and disks that interfered with each other and didn't allow for full engagement. Just get that one and run all sr components. I had to take a z33 tranny out of an s13 because of this issue and it sucked.

This is exactly what I did in this s13
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nsbracket.jpeg

I can provide you with that bracket if need be. PM me if you'd ilke to place an order
Old 04-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #371
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

With those brackets it wouldn't matter then if your running a auto or manual trans crossmember correct
Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #372
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

No, you'll need a manual trans bracket. It's just like bolting up your manual trans normally, just further back.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #373
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

Ok I see it now kinda suxs only having phone internet on a crappy phone lol. The crossmember still sits bolts up to the transmission and your brackets go where it would originally bolt on to and the crossmemer bolts onto them.

How much weight does your brackets handle or what actually prevents them from warping or bending down with the weight if the Trans? Or am I over thinking this
Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #374
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

hahaha! I use 3/16" steel. It's plenty thick to support the weight of the tranny since it's only being pushed back about 1.5" if you have poly motor mounts, or solid mounts, the trans mount doesn't hold up much of the load at all. When I dropped the z33 trans from the 1uz s13 last week it only dropped 2" after unbolting it. And that bracket it much much longer than the one I provide you guys with for sr/ka transmissions.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #375
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

ANyone in SoCal interested in a 93' 1uzfe, with ecu, harness, and ignitors?
I'm thinking about selling the motor and the stuff I have with it.

Our breeder unexpectically asked me if we wanted a pup from her current litter (thought they were spoken for) so I accepted. Could use the extra cash for schutzhund training
Old 04-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #376
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

I won't be offering the header mods any longer since the turn around isn't worth it. However, those who have already placed orders will receive them. Motor mounts and throwout extensions don't take very long, so i'll keep up with those if you guys are still in need of them.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #377
MiamiZ33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
MiamiZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm curious what you guys are doing for cooling. I have an electric fan just zip tied to my radiator, my temps stay around 180-deg, but if the car is sitting at idle for a long time, the temps do start rising and the fan can't keep up.

I have a mishimoto SR radiator with one 14" e-fan.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #378
dragster2006
Leaky Injector

dragster2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Turtle, I sent you a pm yesterday... If you could get back with me man I'd be interested in some motor mounts and a TOB.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #379
w0lfatncsu

w0lfatncsu is an unknown quantity at this point
MiamiZ33, I'm looking at running a mishimoto sr radiator with dual fans and a shroud. I'm hoping that'll manage temps well.
w0lfatncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #380
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiZ33 View Post
I'm curious what you guys are doing for cooling. I have an electric fan just zip tied to my radiator, my temps stay around 180-deg, but if the car is sitting at idle for a long time, the temps do start rising and the fan can't keep up.

I have a mishimoto SR radiator with one 14" e-fan.
Imo and a lot of others SR are one of the hottest running motors. They like to run way hotter than the a a normal motor.
So that's weird to hear unless you meet its just zipped up without a shroud. Shroud do a lot.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #381
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

If you guys are having cooling issues i'd run a 95 taurus fan. Takes a little work with a flapper wheel, but none of my customers running them have had an issue. You have to get a slight lean forward going to make it fit with a 3" core radiator. It's pretty damn cheap too! http://www.partsgeek.com/vqyqzxm-for...+Seasons+75230

not the best pic of it installed, but you get the idea. I'll get some better ones once i'm back at the shop

sent you a pm dragster2006
Old 05-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #382
badass8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
badass8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just pulled out my KA the other day to get the ball rolling and now I am doing prep work to get the 1uz with the KA trans in the engine bay to get measurements for the driveshaft.

This is my first swap and I hope I am not sounding too noob here, but what hoses/accessories do I need from the KA24DE to go on the 1uz? I don't know maybe vacuum hoses, fuel lines, throttle cables etc... However, I do know I will need the lower harness from the KA for the 1uz.

Just want to make sure before I sell the KA so I can take things off now and hold onto them.
badass8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #383
dragster2006
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass8 View Post
Just pulled out my KA the other day to get the ball rolling and now I am doing prep work to get the 1uz with the KA trans in the engine bay to get measurements for the driveshaft.

This is my first swap and I hope I am not sounding too noob here, but what hoses/accessories do I need from the KA24DE to go on the 1uz? I don't know maybe vacuum hoses, fuel lines, throttle cables etc... However, I do know I will need the lower harness from the KA for the 1uz.

Just want to make sure before I sell the KA so I can take things off now and hold onto them.
Good question about the lower harness... I was going to ask if I would need to send that in along with the 1uz/kade engine harnesses...

Also what did you guys do about the ignition? Did you use the stock s-chassis ignition??? (Noob question)

Also, has anyone tried XAT UZ to KA/SR Pilot Bearing Adapter?
Old 05-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #384
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

^Looks like the pilot bearing adapter is legit. I'd give them a call before ordering and make sure that they've got them in their personal stock and are not just serving as a hub for Brett Collins.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #385
dragster2006
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
^Looks like the pilot bearing adapter is legit. I'd give them a call before ordering and make sure that they've got them in their personal stock and are not just serving as a hub for Brett Collins.
I will definitely get in contact with them and then I will report back to here when I get word from them
Old 05-04-2014, 05:12 AM   #386
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbronegro View Post
ANyone in SoCal interested in a 93' 1uzfe, with ecu, harness, and ignitors?
I'm thinking about selling the motor and the stuff I have with it.

Our breeder unexpectically asked me if we wanted a pup from her current litter (thought they were spoken for) so I accepted. Could use the extra cash for schutzhund training
Okay bad news. I definitely need to sell the 1uz. Not to buy another pup though, my little lady (fawn Doberman) has gotten sick and I'll need to free up as much cash as possible. I need to sell my 1uz and my 350z trans. I might have to sell my 1uz to 350z adapter, clutch, and flywheel too it's basically Brett Collins entire kit.

For the motor I'd want $200 since it still needs some gaskets, and a few sensors. I cannot deliver or ship. Throw in the harness and ecu for $50.

Transmission $300 I can drop off up to 100 miles for $20 extra.

I'm not sure what I'll ask for the kit.

I really hate to do this but it looks like it's coming to this. Might be selling a Conquest roller and my '79 Mercedes 450SEL project too.

Located in SoCal
Old 05-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #387
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

I need that trans!
Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #388
88Coupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
88Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So do I! If only you were closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #389
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

Ha I used to be in VA 88coupe.

MrChow if you need it lmk. Its not a cd009 thats why I'm selling it at this price.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #390
88Coupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
88Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What is everyone doing for power steering lines??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote