Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #361
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by inte_DK View Post
1min38,772sec @ Logitech Driving Force Pro
DAMN YOU!!!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #362
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleep
"- No word on the planned US/Europe release has been given"

is my favorite part!
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #363
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
"- No word on the planned US/Europe release has been given"

is my favorite part!
If it helps at all, Kaz himself said in an interview that it would take long for the US and Europe to get it after the Japanese launch. I don't know exactly what that means but it sounds like we won't be waiting for months. Maybe just a month or two instead of like 5 or 6.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #364
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Moar reason why GT5 is going to make Forza look like RC Pro Am.

Quote:
IRL Coming to Gran Turismo 5

UK, January 6, 2010 - New details have emerged on Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo 5, with America's premier open wheel racing series the Indy Racing League making the cut as the single seater Dallara will be joined by around 1,000 other vehicles.

The facts emerge from the latest issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine - thumbed by virtualr.net – as both night racing and wet weather racing were confirmed by Gran Turismo's creator Kazunori Yamauchi. The Indy Racing League joins NASCAR and the World Rally Championship as the third major official licence to feature in the game.

Yamauchi also confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 would support 16 players online and that the game would be maintaining a frame rate of 60fps pumped out at 1080p. Unfortunately there was no word on a release date for either the US or Europe.

A demo for Gran Turismo 5 recently hit PlayStation Network – find out what we thought
Old 01-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #365
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Annnnnnd the cover art.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #366
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I bet thats some kinda J-spec box art and we're gonna get some crap with a Camaro on the the cover or something...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #367
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I bet thats some kinda J-spec box art and we're gonna get some crap with a Camaro on the the cover or something...
Possibly. But since it's a Euro car this could be a universal cover.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #368
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im not a fan of that benz tho, i suppose its a pinnicle of auto technology? ever since GT4, they been going for that "library of world cars". I doubt they would put an american car on the cover lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #369
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

GT4 had an American car (Ford GT) on the cover...
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #370
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
ahh thats right lmao
Some of the racing sim guys where saying how GT5 still not a sim though, til they start having safety cars, tire changes/refueling and penalties lol. Still targeted towards the masses.

But i grew up on GT so i dont mind. Just dont like how its a library of cars tho, some of those euro cars are dam borring lol
Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #371
HyperTek
Post Whore!

wait til all Dodge Neon owners *or even s13 owners* complain that their cars are not as highly detailed as that Benz (remember PD spent alot of time scanning every detail of that benz at the factory
Old 01-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #372
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
wait til all Dodge Neon owners *or even s13 owners* complain that their cars are not as highly detailed as that Benz (remember PD spent alot of time scanning every detail of that benz at the factory
Oh and rest assured... we will bitch and complain if our cars don't look Koguchi Power cool or something.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #373
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
ahh thats right lmao
Some of the racing sim guys where saying how GT5 still not a sim though, til they start having safety cars, tire changes/refueling and penalties lol. Still targeted towards the masses.
There's a fine line between an exact sim and a sim that still fun to play. I think GT has always teetered on that line very well.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #374
HyperTek
Post Whore!

yeah, as much as i love sims, they always get bad ratings from reviewers because they expect drift modes, music, car customizing, or "the cars always spin out, compared to Forza" lol .
Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #375
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

My version of a sim would be GT but with stuff in there like team management, budgeting, gaining sponsors, etc etc. I'd like to see some more off track sim stuff that would effect things on the track.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #376
simmode1
Post Whore!

Wait wait wait... Bad reviews and Gran Turismo don't belong in the same sentence. Refueling and Tire changing disappeared for Prolouge (which was not a complete game anyways), but I'd be very surprised if they didn't come back in GT5.

Plus, since we have in game damage now with Nascar and IRL on board, safety cars might be a possiblity. Wasn't weird how you could actually race a safety car in GT4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
My version of a sim would be GT but with stuff in there like team management, budgeting, gaining sponsors, etc etc. I'd like to see some more off track sim stuff that would effect things on the track.
Know what I'd like to see? Random mechanical failures. Stuff like blown engines, wheel/tire problems, drivetrain malfuctions... all mid-race and out of the blue. Wouldn't that be more realistic?
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #377
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wait wait wait... Bad reviews and Gran Turismo don't belong in the same sentence. Refueling and Tire changing disappeared for Prolouge (which was not a complete game anyways), but I'd be very surprised if they didn't come back in GT5.

Plus, since we have in game damage now with Nascar and IRL on board, safety cars might be a possiblity. Wasn't weird how you could actually race a safety car in GT4?

Know what I'd like to see? Random mechanical failures. Stuff like blown engines, wheel/tire problems, drivetrain malfuctions... all mid-race and out of the blue. Wouldn't that be more realistic?
that would be pretty cool, would require strategy like preserving your tires/fuel til the last laps than push it etc, like in F1 racing where some guys push hard and do 2 pit stops during the race, adn others are more conservative and do 1 pit stop, sometimes that works out etc.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #378
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah I'd like to see stuff like that. Although it would suck to do a race that takes you an hour and not be able to catch up in time to win and have to do it over.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #379
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
simulated clutch-burn would be awesome for g25 users haha.

I just want an ever-expanding cosmetic mods library. I'd even pay a patch with that kind of feature as well.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #380
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
simulated clutch-burn would be awesome for g25 users haha.

I just want an ever-expanding cosmetic mods library. I'd even pay a patch with that kind of feature as well.
Word. Downloadable cosmetic upgrade packages and random mechanical issues/failures would make this franchise perfect.

What if they offered a 'hella-flush' patch? lol
Old 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #381
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Word. Downloadable cosmetic upgrade packages and random mechanical issues/failures would make this franchise perfect.

What if they offered a 'hella-flush' patch? lol
I don't see why you can't have the option of buying wheels in different size diameters, width, and offsets. Lame.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #382
simmode1
Post Whore!

Because then they'd have to include fender rolling/pulling and widebodies, I guess. They're some lazy asses.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #383
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1
Random mechanical issues?

I have those problems in real life, I wouldn't want them in my video game as well.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #384
inte_DK

inte_DK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
DAMN YOU!!!
New personal record...... )

GTP_Tim is a dude from Finland.....

inte_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #385
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxcure View Post
Random mechanical issues?

I have those problems in real life, I wouldn't want them in my video game as well.
Well, I mean as an option that you could turn on/off... like tire wear or refueling.

I'm just imaging I'm in a race hauling ass trying to reign in the 1st place car and just when I think I'm gonna have to settle for 2nd, the other car's engine blows in the second to last lap ala Felipe Massa... lol
Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #386
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
I don't see why you can't have the option of buying wheels in different size diameters, width, and offsets. Lame.
They NEED to have this. All of the cars that you buy stock are handicapped by not being able to fit wider tires on them. It's just dumb not to be able to fit a decent sized wheel to increase grip.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #387
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Moar reason why GT5 is going to make Forza look like RC Pro Am.
Does GT offer full customization of said vehicles? Don't think so. Does GT offer an unlimited amount of user generated content all the way until GT6? FUCK NO!

(coming from a long time GT1-GT4 fan)

Does GT consist of 1000 fully un-customizable vehicles? We will see

I'd rather drive around in my 500+ customizable (which adds up to well over 10,000 UNIQUE vehicles), than drive around in 1000 vehicles that everyone who owns the game, has.

I owned and still do, in forza 2, cars that only 5-10 other people in the WORLD own. Sure you can buy that same car and upgrade it. But only 5-10 other people out of 1 million have the same tune, and paint that i do. Who needs 25 different model civics and skylines when you can have 3 model civics, and 5 model skylines that convert into 300 unique civics, and 500 unique skylines? All released daily?

UGC. huh?

RC PRO AM what?!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #388
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
Does GT offer full customization of said vehicles? Don't think so. Does GT offer an unlimited amount of user generated content all the way until GT6? FUCK NO!

(coming from a long time GT1-GT4 fan)

Does GT consist of 1000 fully un-customizable vehicles? We will see

I'd rather drive around in my 500+ customizable (which adds up to well over 10,000 UNIQUE vehicles), than drive around in 1000 vehicles that everyone who owns the game, has.

I owned and still do, in forza 2, cars that only 5-10 other people in the WORLD own. Sure you can buy that same car and upgrade it. But only 5-10 other people out of 1 million have the same tune, and paint that i do. Who needs 25 different model civics and skylines when you can have 3 model civics, and 5 model skylines that convert into 300 unique civics, and 500 unique skylines? All released daily?
Don't turn this into a Forza vs GT thread. I have F3 and like it very much. I was just jokin. Also, we have NO idea at this point if GT5 will be better then F3. And we don't know how customizable the cars are going to be. That has NOT been reveled yet. but if you honestly think that a genius like Kaz would ignore something like that in his opus then you sir are nuts.

And for everything you can say about Forza that GT has you can do the same thing the other way around.

How about the fact that GT5 is allowing ANY tuner to get their real world car into the game. ANY TUNER. AMS is actually going to have some cars in the game. Not that you have to make, but exact spec AMS cars.

Again we don't know what GT5 has in store for us. Take a deep breath buddy.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #389
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #390
sleep
Zilvia Addict

I am not trying to turn this into a VS thread. I was merely responding to your baseless comments, seeing as how GT5 got pushed back yet again right when Forza 3 was announced. They pushed the game back to add a terrible damage model. If you have read anything on the topic, you will agree it sucks.

They are making us wait for a game we have been anticipating for how many years? For a 1/4 ass damage model? Fuck you, i am tired of waiting, i probably won't buy your console and game now!

I have been waiting for this game to buy a ps3. At this point, i think i am done waiting and will stick with what i have played for years now.