Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #361
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
You can totally tell Mike Kojima was gritting his teeth writing that article lol.
Quote from one of his facebook status':
"I wrote as well as I could from pictures. It would not be cool if one of Falken's engineers went and picked over the car in person"
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #362
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
quoted from HPS silicone hose facebook

"1135 WHP on the dynopac"

I guess it doesn't really make 1200 hp

WEAK !
Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #363
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
HPS's dynapacks aren't rated for that kind of power lol, ouch

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #364
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
arent dyno's rated for torque not hp?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #365
e2blade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
e2blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to e2blade Send a message via MSN to e2blade Send a message via Yahoo to e2blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
quoted from HPS silicone hose facebook

"1135 WHP on the dynopac"

I guess it doesn't really make 1200 hp

WEAK !
this statement will start a war.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #366
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Officially the 2012 Formula D champ
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #367
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
word. awesome. boss winning a championship another large professional series

on his first try.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #368
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just hate how the commentators were basically pointing out everything he does while the other drivers just gets praised and all that.

Congrats Daigo! Bring a JZX100 next year!
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #369
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip2Flow View Post
I just hate how the commentators were basically pointing out everything he does while the other drivers just gets praised and all that.

Congrats Daigo! Bring a JZX100 next year!
I think the Chaser breaks FD rules. I want that IS350 from FD Asia. Toyota/Lexus needs to throw him some damn sponsor money.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #370
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
I think the Chaser breaks FD rules. I want that IS350 from FD Asia. Toyota/Lexus needs to throw him some damn sponsor money.
breaks the rules for being too gangster. I heard the chaser isn;t too far off from being within the rules.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #371
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
This guy is unstoppable!
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #372
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Looks like american drifters are not ready to chase him when he lead door to door at the very high speed like what he did when he chase. I felt bad for Rhys Milen and JTP.
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #373
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2010 View Post
Looks like american drifters are not ready to chase him when he lead door to door at the very high speed like what he did when he chase. I felt bad for Rhys Milen and JTP.
except matt field. now shh.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #374
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
except matt field. now shh.
Yeah, I think Matt Field should advanced... oh well!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #375
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

People are nut riding the hell out of Matt but the truth is he fucked up twice. Daigo had better proximity on both of his chase runs and Matt road the bank low and smacked the wall on both chase runs.

I know he is the underdog and all but his lost fair and square.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #376
xoxide
Post Whore!

Matt definetly should've advanced. Daigo made mistakes and took a shallow line as well... It has nothing to do with riding his nuts.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #377
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Daigo Daigo Daigo....you cant just come to 'merica and beat ALL the drivers in 1 season
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #378
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxidle View Post
Matt definetly should've advanced. Daigo made mistakes and took a shallow line as well... It has nothing to do with riding his nuts.
All season the judges made it clear that the chase car will not be penalized for taking a shallow line or decreasing angle as long as they maintain drift and keep close proximity. That was the best rule FD has ever implemented because it has caused some of the most consistently close battles FD has ever seen. Matt took a low line in the bank which was a big no no for the judges so they gave it to Daigo. He also smacked to wall which as awesome as it looked with the sparks and shit, it showed a lack of car control.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #379
cantdrift11
Leaky Injector

cantdrift11 is an unknown quantity at this point
truth^^^^^^
cantdrift11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #380
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
All season the judges made it clear that the chase car will not be penalized for taking a shallow line or decreasing angle as long as they maintain drift and keep close proximity. That was the best rule FD has ever implemented because it has caused some of the most consistently close battles FD has ever seen. Matt took a low line in the bank which was a big no no for the judges so they gave it to Daigo. He also smacked to wall which as awesome as it looked with the sparks and shit, it showed a lack of car control.
Yes i aggree with this, i just see the video again, all the chase driver includes JTP and Rhys millen has a shallow line too, they try to catch Daigo very close and ended up to the wall.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #381
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

wrong. Shallow lines is a deduction in points but is better than being out of drift or giving too much space. Choose your poison. I think the majority of the people saw hitting the wall and continuing a drift as an advantage point but it isn't.

if you watch matts runs you'll notice his line changes after making contact with the wall.

for example. If the wall wasn;t there to stop matt he could have been off course and gotten a deduction/0. If you watch daigos following into the inner bank his line does not change, even after matt hits the wall. I think that would be considered commitment, in which the judges brought up for irwindale as one of the key factors that they were looking for. Smooth and showing commitment.

Also, people tend to forget that the "bobble" or "twitch" that you see from diagos car is more than likely an upshift. Most v8 guys are running geforce 4 speeds and just leave it in 4th and maybe drop down to 3rd on the infield.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #382
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
wrong.

thank you for that detailed explanation. this man is right.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #383
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
wrong. Shallow lines is a deduction in points but is better than being out of drift or giving too much space. Choose your poison. I think the majority of the people saw hitting the wall and continuing a drift as an advantage point but it isn't.

if you watch matts runs you'll notice his line changes after making contact with the wall.

for example. If the wall wasn;t there to stop matt he could have been off course and gotten a deduction/0. If you watch daigos following into the inner bank his line does not change, even after matt hits the wall. I think that would be considered commitment, in which the judges brought up for irwindale as one of the key factors that they were looking for. Smooth and showing commitment.

Also, people tend to forget that the "bobble" or "twitch" that you see from diagos car is more than likely an upshift. Most v8 guys are running geforce 4 speeds and just leave it in 4th and maybe drop down to 3rd on the infield.
Touché. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #384
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2010 View Post
I felt bad for Rhys Milen and JTP.
I do not feel bad and I laughed so hard when JTP crashed.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #385
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
>>so in a nutshell matt ran a less clean line than daigo that eneded up in daigo for the win?

i cant hear any explanations from the infield media box. a bunch of us were wondering about that battle.
i saw the shallow line on the bank but didnt see any other detail anywhere else.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #386
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

I couldn't hear what the judges were saying but from my view once matt hits the wall it changes the angle of his car. I assume that contributed to his demise.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #387
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuWuhlro_rg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OQnx3uQEtM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kwCQAIfNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBEyBYof1Pw

so after watching these videos. i must say fucking awesome job to both drivers. now i am a daigo fan. but matt definitely held his own... idk but he was right in daigo's door on both runs. the last run was nuts. thought it was funny when everyone got quite then cheered
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #388
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Congrats Daigo!! I guess hes the world drift champion? =)

I was actually there to watch and Daigo had his game on lock, pure consistency and was attacking with close proximity. Though its hard to tell on the inner corner from where i sat, Daigo made it clear on the banks as he rode high and fast.. Also that was the spot where the judges had vantage point so thats where most of the judging comes from.
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #389
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Lol anyone noticed the paper airplanes flying into the field?

Think that might have something to do with Rhys smashing in the inner bank
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #390
xoxide
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
I do not feel bad and I laughed so hard when JTP crashed.
^+1. All three mustangs in competition either crashed or spun (Vaughn Gitten). I cant stand Gitten or JTP so Irwindale was a great event regardless of who won.