Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #361
Ros7.exe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Ros7.exe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
for remote start on the h2
Ros7.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #362
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Next time when a customer has a shopping list, assume he doesn't have time to go looking for part numbers everywhere. I spend 2/3rds of my life working away from home in the middle of nowhere in the Oil industry.

Just wanted to say thanks for at least trying to phone me back though, you should have just sold me what I wanted though. You could have made a quick sale off me. Either way. I ended up making my own hoses.

-James
Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #363
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Next time when a customer has a shopping list, assume he doesn't have time to go looking for part numbers everywhere. I spend 2/3rds of my life working away from home in the middle of nowhere in the Oil industry.

Just wanted to say thanks for at least trying to phone me back though, you should have just sold me what I wanted though. You could have made a quick sale off me. Either way. I ended up making my own hoses.

-James
I'm not sure why you are posting this here!?!

Did I talk to you on the phone? If you didn't return my call then how am I suppose to figure out what exactly you need? I don't "require" you to supply part #'s, but if I don't know what style of fitting(color, type), size of fitting, angle of fitting, type of hose(push-on, stainless, nylon, nomex) then I don't know what part #'s to quote you. Hence talking to you on the phone and making sure you get exactly what you need/want. Am I missing something here? Usually my customers appreciate me calling them and providing excellent customer service. I can't sell you what you want if I don't know exactly what you want/need. You can't just tell me you want a hose to go from point A to point B. There are a ton of options... and AN hoses are basically meant to be made by the customer. That way you cut it to the exact length you need for your particular setup.

If you have a legitimate complaint about me: please PM me, email me, call me, post it in the vendor review section or post in the appropiate product thread: http://zilvia.net/f/engine/448046-xr...-plumbing.html

Thanks,

Toby

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #364
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
The the nerve of some people. I will probably use xrp when we finish up our s30 build we have now, hopefully its some time this year lol. I also might just redo my an setup on my 240 to use xrp nylon hoses
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #365
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey Broadfield,

I have a question regarding swapping/fixing gauge clusters that I think you might know how to answer.

Currently, I have a S13 with the Digital speedometer and HUD. The Digital speedometer and HUD aren't working right now.

Would you recommend to try fixing the Digital speedometer and HUD? I researched different ways to fix it which involve soldering skills and seemed pretty time consuming if you don't know what is causing the speedometer not to work.

Another option I've been considering was swapping the gauge cluster for a normal OEM USDM analog cluster. Would it hook up and work easily? Also, I've been trying to source a Sexy Style cluster for an S13. I know the Sexy Style cluster is supposed to work with an JDM S13, but would it hook up and work with my S13 with a KA engine?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know you're knowledgeable and I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Last edited by TMW; 08-09-2012 at 12:15 AM..
TMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #366
username
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
username is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey Broadfield I was wondering if you could help me with what I need to get an s2000 speedo working in my s13. It requires the analog signal to be converted to a digital signal. I tried a speedohealer(what all the honda guys use when swapping this cluster into their older cars) and I could not get it to work properly. If you could PM me with a little help it would be greatly appreciated.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #367
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
The the nerve of some people. I will probably use xrp when we finish up our s30 build we have now, hopefully its some time this year lol. I also might just redo my an setup on my 240 to use xrp nylon hoses
Sweet man, just let me know if you need quotes on anything. Also, I would give you an additional discount if you want to offer up that spreadsheet for the Camaro part out pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
Hey Broadfield,

I have a question regarding swapping/fixing gauge clusters that I think you might know how to answer.

Currently, I have a S13 with the Digital speedometer and HUD. The Digital speedometer and HUD aren't working right now.

Would you recommend to try fixing the Digital speedometer and HUD? I researched different ways to fix it which involve soldering skills and seemed pretty time consuming if you don't know what is causing the speedometer not to work.

Another option I've been considering was swapping the gauge cluster for a normal OEM USDM analog cluster. Would it hook up and work easily? Also, I've been trying to source a Sexy Style cluster for an S13. I know the Sexy Style cluster is supposed to work with an JDM S13, but would it hook up and work with my S13 with a KA engine?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know you're knowledgeable and I would appreciate the help. Thanks.
Unfortunately I do not do anything with OEM clusters or OEM wiring. I simply build aftermarket clusters that don't even use any of the OEM wiring. Believe it or not I have only worked on two S13's ever.... and one of those is mine. And both of those received one of my clusters. Obviously I could figure out all the answers to your questions, but that could take a fair amount of research and maybe trial and error. Or simply having the clusters in front of me along with the car to see what wiring needs to be changed, if any. I'm more of a hands on guy rather than looking through multiple service manuals and trying to debate if it's going to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Hey Broadfield I was wondering if you could help me with what I need to get an s2000 speedo working in my s13. It requires the analog signal to be converted to a digital signal. I tried a speedohealer(what all the honda guys use when swapping this cluster into their older cars) and I could not get it to work properly. If you could PM me with a little help it would be greatly appreciated.
I have never done anything with an S2000 cluster or even OEM S13 clusters for that matter. Kind of the same reply as I gave the guy above. Since I have never done anything with either I would want the car and the cluster in front of me so I could figure it out. I'm more of a hands on guy rather than looking through multiple service manuals and trying to debate if it's going to work.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #368
belac515

belac515 is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember reading that you were an ARC Audio dealer and was wondering if you had any experience with the KS 6006 components?

If not what would you recommend for around $200? I'm just looking for something very clean and decently loud.
They'll be amped with a PPI A200 and I'm running front stage only with a small sub if that helps any.
belac515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #369
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Broadfield- When is the angled dual guage with vent going to be in stock again or do I just need to order one?
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #370
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Do you carry Polk Audio db6501? If so, can you post/PM me a price? Thanks.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #371
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by belac515 View Post
I remember reading that you were an ARC Audio dealer and was wondering if you had any experience with the KS 6006 components?

If not what would you recommend for around $200? I'm just looking for something very clean and decently loud.
They'll be amped with a PPI A200 and I'm running front stage only with a small sub if that helps any.
Yes, I am an ARC Audio dealer. I LOVE their amplifiers and subs.... speakers not so much. There's better stuff for around the same money. I pretty much only sell Hybrid Audio for my speakers... there is nothing better. The $200 price is in between their stage 1 and stage 2 though. I would highly recommend the stage 2 Imagine Series though. I can do those for $259 shipped. They basically compete with other speaker manufacturers $500 set of speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules View Post
Broadfield- When is the angled dual guage with vent going to be in stock again or do I just need to order one?
Please check the appropiate thread for updates... that question was just answered over there: http://zilvia.net/f/interior-exterio...ge-plates.html

But yes, if you want to prepay for one that will guarantee yourself one from the next batch.

Edit: Actually, it's your question I answered in that thread yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
Do you carry Polk Audio db6501? If so, can you post/PM me a price? Thanks.
I do not... I really only car high-end stuff. For speakers I mainly use Hybrid Audio. I do have "some" Alpine and JL Audio(I would be willing to make a deal on).

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #372
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Yes, I am an ARC Audio dealer. I LOVE their amplifiers and subs.... speakers not so much. There's better stuff for around the same money. I pretty much only sell Hybrid Audio for my speakers... there is nothing better. The $200 price is in between their stage 1 and stage 2 though. I would highly recommend the stage 2 Imagine Series though. I can do those for $259 shipped. They basically compete with other speaker manufacturers $500 set of speakers.

Please check the appropiate thread for updates... that question was just answered over there: http://zilvia.net/f/interior-exterio...ge-plates.html

But yes, if you want to prepay for one that will guarantee yourself one from the next batch.

Edit: Actually, it's your question I answered in that thread yesterday.

I do not... I really only car high-end stuff. For speakers I mainly use Hybrid Audio. I do have "some" Alpine and JL Audio(I would be willing to make a deal on).
Appreciate it, I didnt think you checked that thread often, so i posted it here. Ill def be picking one up
Old 08-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #373
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
yea sure pm me ur email ill send it over.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #374
Ros7.exe
Zilvia Junkie

Hey broadfeild i was wondering what to wore on the h2 harness for remote start
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #375
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Appreciate it, I didnt think you checked that thread often, so i posted it here. Ill def be picking one up
Cool man, just hit me up when you are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
yea sure pm me ur email ill send it over.
You can send it to: [email protected]

Thanks homes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneRos92 View Post
Hey broadfeild i was wondering what to wore on the h2 harness for remote start
Sorry man, I didn't think you were wanting to hook up the remote start.

Technically you don't need anything on the H2 harness to get it to work.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #376
Ros7.exe
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah kinda changed minds

so what exactly do i need to wire to make it work?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #377
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
The nerve of some people? I work 2/3 of my life. Literally in the middle of nowhere. Its not a complaint, just a suggestion.

Anyone could have made a quick sell off the information I gave them. I had hoped to find someone that could fulfill an order and get it out to me by the time I was off work.

Where I work, I have no phone or internet in many situations. Either way, I made the hoses myself, took way longer and dug into my days off, but whatever, I enjoyed it.

I was giving advice; that if someone wants something, sell it to them. Its business. The email I sent you had enough information. Either way, if you are overwhelmed with the orders and questions, hire someone to do it for you. A good employee can keep a database of costs of inventory at all times, or build a structured pricing plan so you still profit no matter who orders what.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #378
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
I was giving advice; that if someone wants something, sell it to them. Its business. The email I sent you had enough information. Either way, if you are overwhelmed with the orders and questions, hire someone to do it for you. A good employee can keep a database of costs of inventory at all times, or build a structured pricing plan so you still profit no matter who orders what.
I'm sorry man, but you did not give me enough information. That is why I called you. The information you gave me in the email was very generic and would be equivalent to calling a dealership and telling them to send you a Chevrolet. They need to know what model of Chevy, color, options etc. Also, I wouldn't assemble the hoses unless I know EXACTLY what you need. That way I'm not reliable for lengths not being correct, the fitting being clocked the wrong way etc. I don't even really know of any place that assembles the stuff for you, unless it's a speed shop of course, but they would want the car in their possession either way. If you order from Jegs, Summit, Speedway, ANPlumbing etc. you get the parts to do it yourself.... just like ordering from me. If you do find a place that sells AN hoses pre-assembled... like ChaseBays, it's because he has had the vehicle/motor in his possession to mock up the hoses and make sure everything is correct before he sells it as a "kit". I just sell the fittings and hose man.

It had nothing to do with being overwhelmed... it had to do with you not talking with me to make sure you got the correct stuff. I have sold a ton of XRP stuff and have not had one single issue until this. Everyone tells me exactly what they want, part # etc. and I quote them within a day. If it was such a big deal that you couldn't talk on the phone because of time constraint then you should of conveyed that when I asked you for your phone #. I was simply trying to be thorough and make sure you were going to get exactly what you want/need. If you want to be mad at me about providing good customer service then I guess that's your prerogative. I also don't remember you ever stating that you needed the stuff ASAP. So I assumed we had time to communicate over the phone to figure out what you needed.

Can you please post up your original email in this thread so I/we can see what we are dealing with!?! I would post it but I'm having major issues with my computer and I had to delete all of my sent/deleted emails.

Thanks,

Toby

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #379
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Yeah kinda changed minds

so what exactly do i need to wire to make it work?
Is this a manual or automatic trans?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #380
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

I need some pointers on how to refresh the plastic in my interior if thats even possible?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #381
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
I need some pointers on how to refresh the plastic in my interior if thats even possible?
What vehicle and which plastic parts exactly? Textured, smooth, what color? Are they just faded, dirty, scratched, gouged, cracked, missing?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #382
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
did you reupholster your sun visors? whats your trick?
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #383
Ros7.exe
Zilvia Junkie

My is a DOHC 1992 SE Model with a Manual Trans

So let me know what and what needs to be connected please and thank you
Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #384
Kontiki50

Kontiki50 is an unknown quantity at this point
So after searching for several hours, I have yet to find a serious answer to a question I have. Why Defi gauges? What makes them so great versus the competition? What other brands are at the same level quality-wise as them?
Kontiki50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #385
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
did you reupholster your sun visors? whats your trick?
I have a cage, so visors won't bolt in to the stock location. So I don't even have visors. But you basically need to stitch a sleeve that the visor slides into. You then tuck the fabric in on the end with the mounting bar. So you would obviously need to stitch it on a sewing machine.

Quote:
My is a DOHC 1992 SE Model with a Manual Trans

So let me know what and what needs to be connected please and thank you
  • You need to connect the black/white wire to the e-brake
  • You need to connect the violet/white wire to tach
  • You need to connect the brown wire to the cold side of the foot brake
  • You need to connect basically all of the heavy gauge wires on the remote start harness
  • You need to have the door trigger wire connected in order for the remote start to work
  • You need to trigger the clutch switch during remote start. So you will need to test the clutch switch and see what type of switching setup it has.

Let me know once you get all of that hooked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontiki50 View Post
So after searching for several hours, I have yet to find a serious answer to a question I have. Why Defi gauges? What makes them so great versus the competition? What other brands are at the same level quality-wise as them?
They have really nice styling, flawless illumination pattern, some of the series can be linked to a single controller and they are very accurate.

Other nice gauges would be Blitz... they look good and work good. AEM... they work good and look ok. Autometer... they work decent and some of the series look ok. Speedhut, work really good and have a really clean look to them. Greddy gauges look good and work good.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #386
Kontiki50

Kontiki50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Other nice gauges would be Blitz... they look good and work good. AEM... they work good and look ok. Autometer... they work decent and some of the series look ok. Speedhut, work really good and have a really clean look to them. Greddy gauges look good and work good.
Thanks for the answer. You made me think of Ricky Bobby, "The...uh...car it handled real good."

It doesn't seem like anyone has justified their use of these gauges, it's just "what you do". I'm not saying I don't like them; just curious why everyone else does.
Kontiki50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #387
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

You can also click on my cluster thread, which maybe you already have, and check out what different gauges look like in an S13/S14 cluster. Kind of makes it easy to see them all on basically the same backdrop.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #388
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What wire do you use for your gauges and such? Brands?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #389
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
What wire do you use for your gauges and such? Brands?
I typically use 18 ga. since that's what I have at the shop for doing alarm and remote start installs. You would be fine with using something smaller, like 20 or 22 ga. Brand doesn't really matter though. The better stuff that is OEM spec will have better abrasion resistance etc. The cheap stuff typically will use a less flexible outer sheathing.

Keep in mind though, I never really "install" gauges unless it's on my own vehicle or maybe a friend's vehicle. I just do the fabrication to house the gauges. It's obviously up to the customer to wire them in their vehicle.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #390
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Do you know of any reputable sources where I can get alcantara fabric by the yard? I am soon planning on doing my headliner, dash, door cards, center console door etc in this fabric. About how much fabric would you think I would need to complete the task? (S13 interior).