Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #4081
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think that style overall is just clean looking, I LOVE Recaro's in that style. I have a carbon Kevlar bucket in my FD and it's just extremely clean and functional.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #4082
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #4083
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Bride talk: I loved my Zeta III, but the ZEROS is a ton more comfortable. I don't think you can go wrong with a genuine Bride seat (current model or older ones) though.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #4084
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I run a VIOS III and love the hell out of it.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #4085
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So sick of bride talk. Can someone post a picture of a dash wrapped in power rangers sheets or something?
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #4086
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
So sick of bride talk. Can someone post a picture of a dash wrapped in power rangers sheets or something?
Leather stitch dash?

And a old picture but with a better shot at the dash.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #4087
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
a suede+leather dash would be sick

with red stitching of course
Old 01-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #4088
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
MarcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sorry Bride fan's

MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #4089
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Recaros are dope too, that thing looks comfy as hell
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #4090
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
ill take recaro over bride anyday i love the way the look and there comfy as all hell
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #4091
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
So sick of bride talk.
I hear ya man... I've been thinking of getting rid of my Maziora edition Bride Gias for something new. Has anyone ever heard of Corbeau?

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #4092
Drewber2006
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Drewber2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Corbeau isn't really that great at making seats. I had them in my Miata and switched to Sparco after 2 months. Uncomfortable and there isn't a name behind them in the JDM scene.
Drewber2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #4093
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I had Brides in my s14. Haven't tried a Zieg yet but I am absolutely in love with my Recaro Profi SPG. Allows more leg movement and holds just like a zeta 2

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #4094
travisty_
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
travisty_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I havent sat in a SPG but they look awesome. The SRD reclinables look really good too.

I remember seeing a picture before of a THRASH seat made out of memory foam and microfiber cloth somewhere, but I can't find it.
EDIT: It was the Team Yellow version, ex Sexy Knights FC

travisty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #4095
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #4096
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
g-thrash has had some very nice seats. wish i had one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Does anyone have pictures of a battery mounted under the dash or somewhere in the passenger leg compartment? I would enjoy seeing that.
i dont think many people would do this as the battery puts out hydrogen gas during use, even if it is a little bit. you'd have to evac it to somewhere and there isn't many places to put it in the passenger foot-well
Old 01-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #4097
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Factoid: Recaro was the originator of the "Gradation" design back in the 70's lol

Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #4098
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I was gonna say you guys do know bride originally copied recaro and used recaro parts right?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #4099
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
question for those with a bolt in cage

how close do the dash bars sit to the dash? mine have like an inch or so room, and im not sure if it should be sitting flush against it
im invisible
Old 01-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #4100
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
im invisible
in all the pics i have seen, most bolt its do not sit flush with the dash
Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #4101
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

thank you, i looked through the bolt in cage thread but only one guy had pics of the same shit as me.

+ imaginary rep
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #4102
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14a.marc View Post
Sorry Bride fan's
Are those old Nismo seats direct bolt-on or do they still require rails and all that jazzy jazz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
i dont think many people would do this as the battery puts out hydrogen gas during use, even if it is a little bit. you'd have to evac it to somewhere and there isn't many places to put it in the passenger foot-well
It is a skinny dry-cell. I think someone, possibly Mr. Brian, posted a picture of Koguchi's or Wakamatsu's old D1 USA 180SX interior and it had the battery mounted on the transmission tunnel. That is the only one I remember. I kind of want to put it behind the stereo, if I figure out a good way.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #4103
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

looks identical to an r32 seat, so i would say yes
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #4104
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I was gonna say you guys do know bride originally copied recaro and used recaro parts right?
You guys know none of us really like the gradation pattern right?

Anyway. I've sat in a Recaro SPG before. It felt like a bag of dicks. was like getting punched in the kidneys (that was the only spot on my back it supported). Wildly uncomfortable.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #4105
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
You guys know none of us really like the gradation pattern right?

Anyway. I've sat in a Recaro SPG before. It felt like a bag of dicks. was like getting punched in the kidneys (that was the only spot on my back it supported). Wildly uncomfortable.
LOL funny that's how the zeta III felt to me. Add to that the knee bolsters were waaay too fucking high I had to stop driving to scratch my nutz

BTW if you don't like the gradation pattern why do you have the semi gradation fabric all up in your interior?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #4106
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
LOL you sat on a bag of dicks first?

had to.
I wasnt saying anything about gradation in particular. I mean when bride first started they actually used recaro seat parts. such as bolsters and shit. Fabric is secondary.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #4107
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

+1 for da tomei duraconnnnnn
Old 01-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #4108
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
LOL funny that's how the zeta III felt to me. Add to that the knee bolsters were waaay too fucking high I had to stop driving to scratch my nutz

BTW if you don't like the gradation pattern why do you have the semi gradation fabric all up in your interior?
Weird, the Zeta 3 feels really nice to me. I used to go work on my laptop in my car in the garage when my back hurt because it was so comfy. I don't mind the knee bolsters. I'm 5'8" 145lbs and everything fits me about perfect. It's a little bit of a pain to get your cellphone out of your pocket but that's the only thing that isn't ideal. Damon's ZEROS was a little weird to me because you slouch so much, but still very comfortable.

I like the Bride logo, but don't dig the gradation pattern. So it's the perfect world. And way better than aids-tweed.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #4109
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead369 View Post
is that a real misano? if so how is that misano holding up?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #4110
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Weird, the Zeta 3 feels really nice to me. I used to go work on my laptop in my car in the garage when my back hurt because it was so comfy. I don't mind the knee bolsters. I'm 5'8" 145lbs and everything fits me about perfect. It's a little bit of a pain to get your cellphone out of your pocket but that's the only thing that isn't ideal. Damon's ZEROS was a little weird to me because you slouch so much, but still very comfortable.

I like the Bride logo, but don't dig the gradation pattern. So it's the perfect world. And way better than aids-tweed.
Touche!