Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #391
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
looking good Jon, looks clean, we gotta go camping again and do some more fishing.

shoots
Old 07-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #392
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
dope shit, definitely like how u got rid of the rust, if i looked under my car and saw that i would cry
Old 07-26-2009, 03:51 AM   #393
pyshin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
pyshin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Redacted..

Last edited by pyshin; 01-28-2017 at 12:03 AM..
pyshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #394
NME-S14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NME-S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ohmyfuck. i need to see it rolling.
NME-S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #395
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
so, just putting small stuff back one peice at a time.

im so glad this obx header fit, i have been reading some threads on here about how they are super close to the steering linkage and stuff...

installed the one piece driveshaft, fit perfectly.

lol, thats where i put the oil catch thing...
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #396
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Looks pretty good man way to go!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #397
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i ahve an obx header and its pretty close... more then enough clearence tho. my only issue is it hits my floorboards... makes my feet ssweat and probly makes my carpet burn judgeing from the stench it gives me... lol
93nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #398
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
This is crazy!

Really clean build dude.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #399
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
haha, thanks for the comments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93nismo View Post
i ahve an obx header and its pretty close... more then enough clearence tho. my only issue is it hits my floorboards... makes my feet ssweat and probly makes my carpet burn judgeing from the stench it gives me... lol
my obx header as well hits the floor board right before the resonator. i ended up hitting the floor board up a little just to give it some clearance. or maybe its those damn nismo motor mounts making the engine higher... lol
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #400
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
haha, thanks for the comments guys!

my obx header as well hits the floor board right before the resonator. i ended up hitting the floor board up a little just to give it some clearance. or maybe its those damn nismo motor mounts making the engine higher... lol
yeah my nismo mounts make my downpipe touch the foot box now
Old 07-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #401
superbraut
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
superbraut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
deleting .

deleting .

Last edited by superbraut; 06-18-2020 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: deleting .
superbraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #402
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
DAMN...lookin vicious

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #403
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow just incredible. I love to see this kind of care put into an s chassis. Looks amazing keep it up.

I hope the obx headers can hold the heat ok...
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #404
Coolwhip
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Coolwhip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Coolwhip
sick build. But yea, double check your mounts to make sure they're not swapped left to right. If so they'll end up mounting the motor a bit high.
Coolwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 AM   #405
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

its the mounts for sure. ive got em on my s13 and there notorious for makeing the engine sit high. im pullin mine out to wrap it probably tommarow so maybe ill do something about it... lol i unno im not too concerened about it to be honest
Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 PM   #406
KeepItAuthentic

KeepItAuthentic is an unknown quantity at this point
Just went through all the pages, its a beautiful build no doubt. cant wait to see that sh!t finished! good work man
KeepItAuthentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:57 AM   #407
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
wow just incredible. I love to see this kind of care put into an s chassis. Looks amazing keep it up.

I hope the obx headers can hold the heat ok...
i hope so too... its one of those hit or miss things i guess.

Quote:
its the mounts for sure. ive got em on my s13 and there notorious for makeing the engine sit high. im pullin mine out to wrap it probably tommarow so maybe ill do something about it... lol i unno im not too concerened about it to be honest
well, according to all the other threads i have read on here and the internet, seems like the way i have the mounts now are the correct way and either way will sit higher than stock. im just going to go with it and modify the hood if i need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycesun View Post
beautiful skin beautiful auidio player,all you need to add colour for your car is an all in one system ,why not have a look,you will get surprise!
wth... this is the second one of these wierd advertisements i have seen in my thread...

got some more stuff in the mail, need to go pick it up tommorow
Old 08-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #408
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

theres still more then enough hood clearence only issue is the floor. but thats kind of a watever thing ya know? ive got mine off and im wraping it. i acctualy just checked up on here to see how u had them wraped and if you used clamps or adhesive

i dont think i ever said it was a nice build btw... lol i feel like jackass. the cars beautiful man im doin all the body work to my 93 coupe this year at school. then ill do all the engine stuff afterwords. moneys a bit of an issue tho. so i unno. but youve done a great job man looks awsome
Old 08-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #409
rps13ka

rps13ka is an unknown quantity at this point
wow im amazed at the effort you've put into this chassis. going as far as even repainting the entire chassis from the inside and under, this can will look nothing less than amazing after it is complete.
rps13ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #410
jon_mr2

Quote:
theres still more then enough hood clearence only issue is the floor. but thats kind of a watever thing ya know? ive got mine off and im wraping it. i acctualy just checked up on here to see how u had them wraped and if you used clamps or adhesive

i dont think i ever said it was a nice build btw... lol i feel like jackass. the cars beautiful man im doin all the body work to my 93 coupe this year at school. then ill do all the engine stuff afterwords. moneys a bit of an issue tho. so i unno. but youve done a great job man looks awsome
all i used were clamps, no adhesive for the exhaust wrap.

money is always an issue, but with enough "want to do something" you can do it.

but yeah, speaking of spending money... got more parts, lol.

now i can put the exhaust on, fill some fluids up, and try out these ramps.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #411
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

ya somebody told me something about some adhesive bullshit but i dont even understand how that would work... i used pipeclamps. seems to be fone for now. and i beat on my floor with a hammer till it cleared. i used a flashlight to make sure your build is very inspiring. it makes me want to start mine lol but i cant, lack of tools and experiance says i have to wait another month lol

edit: just drove my car after wraping the hearder. the wrap smoked like a mother fucker. but apparently thats normal. i did feel a difference in the engine bay temp, however even with the floor pounded up a good cm from the pipe and the pipe being wraped it was still quite hot on my foot. i did not feel a power difference like the box said i would, however i dident think i would. anyway. sorry for the threadjack if thats what this is. just tellin you what happened

Last edited by 93nismo; 08-02-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Old 08-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #412
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
just read all 14 pages this is sick as fuck mad respect man

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #413
jon_mr2

exhaust bolted up! fit perfectly

everything else underneath tightened... i dont like using flash, but i couldnt see.

brake/clutch lines organized again, stuck the coolant reservoir on, and got new moonface drain and fill plugs for the trans and diff.

just need to finish sanding and polishing the intake manifold, then i can put everything back and start the car up before i rip out the wire harness again to rewire/tuck.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #414
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
this is some good shit.. keep it up
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #415
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

god thats so clean... i hope mine looks like that when im done
Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #416
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
OMG i wish i had a garage and tools to do a build like yours super clean coupe project!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #417
silly_13
Zilvia Addict

silly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enough
everything is all shiny and new... very nice...keep it up!
silly_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #418
tprsilvia

tprsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, just read this thread all the way through. you are doing some great work there.
tprsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #419
2_slow_40
Zilvia Member

2_slow_40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio180sx View Post
OMG i wish i had a garage and tools to do a build like yours super clean coupe project!!
i second that. if only i had me a garage. ( still need some money though. )
2_slow_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #420
Xise
Zilvia Member

Xise is an unknown quantity at this point
damn ^^^^ wish I would have got to be post #420 lol, anyways awesome build!! I am planning on doing this exact thing frame rails included so this will be a perfect guide for me to refer to!!

just for our info how much $$ have you dropped on this so far? not trying to make you depressed but wondering for my own budget reasons

again awesome build so far, from your pics I am not looking foward to cutting out my frame rails
Xise is offline   Reply With Quote