Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #391
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am more pissed now than I was before. All these damn pg's on the team, again I say they didn't need to get Billups. Like Phlip said they have a logjam. God I pray that Chauncy asks for a buyout.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #392
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i think the clippers took billups because there were no risk. they get a solid PG (backup now that cp3 is there) for cheap and if he does retire on them, oh wells at least no other team got him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #393
Riq
Zilvia Addict

True but he was demand a buyout or to be waived. The Clippers would have to do one or the other unless they want bad team chemistry.

Heat fans in Miami, tomorrow night the Miami Heat will be holding a white vs black game at 7pm. You can watch it on Sun Sports. It's going to be great to finally see the team playing again, even if it is a team game.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #394
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
can someone clarify the term "big market teams"

is it the team that's supposed to be big or the market?

does "big" refer to as talent?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #395
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big market refers mostly to TV ratings. Based on the combination of the physical population of the metro-area and the TV ratings draw it can produce.

Meanwhile, in China....Wilson Chandler, Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith are all stuck playing in the Chinese league.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #396
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Heat fans in Miami, tomorrow night the Miami Heat will be holding a white vs black game at 7pm. You can watch it on Sun Sports. It's going to be great to finally see the team playing again, even if it is a team game.
ByTimReynolds Tim Reynolds
Quote:
Ok, tonight's Heat scrimmage will be everywhere. Sun Sports. DirecTV. Dish Network. NBA.com. The people have clearly spoken!
So the first Nationally televised game is Heat vs. Heat and isn't on Christmas.

DirecTV 656 and Dish Network 448 btw...
Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #397
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Big market refers mostly to TV ratings. Based on the combination of the physical population of the metro-area and the TV ratings draw it can produce.

Meanwhile, in China....Wilson Chandler, Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith are all stuck playing in the Chinese league.
Much to the chagrin of the Denver Nuggets.
I have a friend who is (unexplainably) a Nuggets fan and I make a point of reminding him of that and how it will effect their playoffs chances every time I think of it.

The Suns' Aaron Brooks is stranded too, but Phoenix wasn't going to the playoffs anyway.

And I write too!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #398
Gnnr
Post Whore!

NBA League pass is now available. It is still $169 (WTF) and supposedly there is a an early sign up discount and it can be had for $119.

Free Preview available through 1/18/2012.

NBA LEAGUE PASS | NBA.COM
Old 12-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #399
Gnnr
Post Whore!

I've found the most hilarious spoof twitter account

Quote:
Chris Paul together with Blake Griffin? Now even the Clippers have a higher approval rating than congress. #NBA
http://twitter.com/#!/ThePresObama
Old 12-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #400
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

This is correct which kinda irks me when I hear all this big market biased bullshit MJ and his butt buddy Danny Girl have bitching about all this time. Up until we got LBJ Miami wasn't a big market team. As a matter of fact the Heat have consistantly lost money every year they have been a franchise (yes even after we got a championship). I love the Heat but the truth is alot of the so called fans that are showing up to the games (late) are the frontrunners that were never around when we had Vashon Lenard running the 2 or Issac Austin playing the 4 for us. Hell I know they weren't there when John Crotty was on the roster. The way I see it there are only 2 real big market teams in the NBA, thats NY and L.A. Whoever plays there are in the spotlight the second they step on the court. Big market vs small market is more about owners making excuses for their terrible team management I.e Donald Sterling suddenly the Clippers are a big market team.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #401
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Is CP3 and Blake the Stockton and Malone v2.0?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #402
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Norris Cole can ball, wow! That kid is fearless, D-Wade tried to post him up and Cole didn't backdown. Kid is fast and has a nice J too. Something tells me Rio better up his game asap. It's also good to see Dexter Pittman giving us something we did't have, an inside game. Oh and omfg Joel can actually catch now.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #403
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
In an as-yet unpublished blog I wrote today, I opined more Payton/Kemp, as both are WAY more athletic than Stockton and Malone

And I write too!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #404
Riq
Zilvia Addict

I agree Malone was a fadeaway jumpshooter (god I loved his jumper) and a physical rebounder and as good as Blake looks with his dunking and athleticism he doesn't have Malone's skills and I doubt he ever will. I agree with Phlip Shawn Kemp is closer. CP3 I feel is better than Stockton but he has a way of picking your pocket like GP could so I say a mix of the two. Now Clippers fans don't get ahead of yourselves the season has yet to start. Although Blake spends alot of time on sports center he couldn't win over 30 games so lets hold off on comparing him the HOF players. I know this comaparison was brought on espn by Rick Bucher or Bill Simmons but they are both idiots. Griffen has a long way to go before he is even the best PF in the current NBA.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #405
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

damn....i might have to cop.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #406
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Chris Paul trade stained NBA's credibility - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

after reading that article, it really makes me think of the legitimacy of the game. i used to not buy into things when people say the NBA is fixed, but with Stern's recent bullshit, it makes me question now if past games are fixed by Stern as people claim. stern fucked up bad to have NBA supporters, me included, having doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #407
---+
Leaky Injector

---+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

Not w/ VDN coaching. Chicago improved by 20+ wins and got to the conference finals w/ a coaching change. That's w/ Booze and Noah being out a good part of the season and a certifiable scrub as a starting SG. Its only a matter of time before Vinny gets canned. He'll be lucky to stay around long enough to ride CP3, Chauncey and Blake's coat tails to a first round exit.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #408
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Norris Cole can ball, wow! That kid is fearless, D-Wade tried to post him up and Cole didn't backdown. Kid is fast and has a nice J too. Something tells me Rio better up his game asap. It's also good to see Dexter Pittman giving us something we did't have, an inside game. Oh and omfg Joel can actually catch now.
Norris Cole. Wow.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #409
THE PROPHET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
THE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
looks like the black mamba is getting divorced...
Old 12-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #410
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
“We’ve learned the couple has NO PRENUP, so 29-year-old Vanessa is entitled to half of the empire Kobe built over the last decade.”

“Kobe went to the Jay-Z concert Tuesday night in L.A. without Vanessa, and people who saw him there say he looked miserable. Vanessa signed the divorce petition on December 1. Kobe signed his response on December 7.”
When adding ^^^ that to Mike Brown as a head coach, I am declaring my Lakers dead this season.

I think David Stern and Michael Jordan put her up to that because Kobe was talking greasy about Stern and because Michael is still jealous of the Lakers’ franchise, who have won 10 rings in/since his generation while he won 6 and the team he owns will never win any.

And I write too!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #411
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Half my facebook feed got filled with posts from different women competing for role of next miss Kobe Bryant

They want that freemoney

Quote:
he Celtics said they will officially release the results of Jeff Green's extensive health test tomorrow, but coach Doc Rivers strongly hinted last night after the team's open scrimmage at TD Garden that the news was not good.

Green is expected to miss extensive time with an undisclosed medical condition that may require surgery, and Rivers didn't appear hopeful that Green would return soon.

"We'll know tomorrow, so we'll wait but other than that we'll just leave it at that," the coach said.

When asked whether he expected to have to move forward without Green, Rivers said, "I'll let you guess."
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...s_grim_on.html

There are rumors he's out for the year and it's a serious condition. Damn...
Old 12-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #412
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Mike D'Antoni -- New York Knicks are 'obviously' a contender - ESPN New York

Old 12-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #413
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
from watching the nyk practice, the bench is gonna be interesting.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #414
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
damn, i wish i had msg channel.

wtf is up with espn hl, they never mention balkman or iman blazin it. lame ass espn.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #415
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Man, I know it's only the pre-season but DAMN we look good. Loving Cole and Dex. Big 3 on another level too. Dis gon b gud.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #416
Gnnr
Post Whore!

The aftermath of Stern's destruction not in Clipper-nation:

They sure look happy.....
Old 12-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #417
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
HAHA that is a funny picture.. so sad and pathetic
Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #418
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
damn i am missing miami heat games.
hearing good things about this norris cole

i know this is kinda late but i'm still thinkin' about how much money vanessa is going to get!
that's "one less ring for Kobe" haha
Old 12-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #419
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
damn i am missing miami heat games.
hearing good things about this norris cole

i know this is kinda late but i'm still thinkin' about how much money vanessa is going to get!
that's "one less ring for Kobe" haha
Yep Norris Cole is looking like the steal of the draft so far. The kid is fast and has great D
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #420
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Man, I'm still wishing for cp3. Lac pre looked good.
Closed Thread