Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #391
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you forza guys are spoiled with your bodykits, skins, and damage lol
who cares, both games bring unique things to the table, get both.

this is like a ms windows thread and people coming in saying Mac is better lol

fucking console racers are spoiled.. games got to have customizing, drift modes, etc.. lol

New footage
Gran Turismo 5 – Two CES 2010 Preview Videos » VirtualR – Sim Racing News

I kinda wish they would update the heads up display already, still looks like GT3
ALl they need is a tach, mph readout and gear indicator in my opinion..
Old 01-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #392
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Both vids suck...the guy does not know how to drive
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #393
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
I am not trying to turn this into a VS thread. I was merely responding to your baseless comments, seeing as how GT5 got pushed back yet again right when Forza 3 was announced. They pushed the game back to add a terrible damage model. If you have read anything on the topic, you will agree it sucks.

They are making us wait for a game we have been anticipating for how many years? For a 1/4 ass damage model? Fuck you, i am tired of waiting, i probably won't buy your console and game now!

I have been waiting for this game to buy a ps3. At this point, i think i am done waiting and will stick with what i have played for years now.

Obviously Forza is in no way shape or form RC Pro Am. It was a joke.

Yes we've been waiting a long time for GT5. It doesn't bother me any more. It's not like there hasn't been tons of other shit to play in the meantime.

And you should do some reading up on Kaz's stance on the collision system. He has wanted to implement it for a long time but for the quality of the system he has been creating the previous generation was not powerful enough.

I have faith that the game will be everything we've been waiting for.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #394
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Ahahahahahhaa the agony!

Sony Delays Gran Turismo 5, New Release TBA - PlayStation 3 story - at IGN
Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #395
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Hahahah buttfuck. I still find it hard to believe that I don't mind the delays anymore hahaha. Maybe I'm just going crazy. **starts up 360, crying**
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #396
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Hahahah buttfuck. I still find it hard to believe that I don't mind the delays anymore hahaha. Maybe I'm just going crazy. **starts up 360, crying**
I know. Me either. I'm just like, "eh".
Old 01-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #397
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I know. Me either. I'm just like, "eh".
i 2nd this motion lol

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #398
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
the wait will be worth it though, well theres gonna be this and FF13 to wait for.. fawk!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #399
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I'm not even remotely surprised by the delay. I think Digital Polyphony thinks this is funny and starts these rumors as a joke...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #400
mattsauto95
Zilvia Junkie

mattsauto95 is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG WTF! Goddamn Polyphony Digital for making me wait so long for the next GT installment. I enjoyed the hell out of all of the GT installments. Someone stole my GT5P so now I'm stuck with GT4. Please hurry up. I can't wait.
mattsauto95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #401
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
honestly i wasnt too impressed with the demo, i mean the drifting was too easy, it doesnt feel like anything compared to forza, but then again i was using the six axis and as with other gt games im sure it is better with the steering wheel. please tell me im right, cause if not i dont think ill like the game...
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #402
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
i saw the post about the delay in release, but how accurate is a March 31st release date? *crosses fingers

Amazon.com: Gran Turismo 5: Playstation 3: Video Games

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #403
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
i saw the post about the delay in release, but how accurate is a March 31st release date? *crosses fingers

Amazon.com: Gran Turismo 5: Playstation 3: Video Games
See my previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #404
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Grand Turismo Forever....
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #405
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Grand Turismo Forever....
................away
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #406
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Sony Exec: Gran Turismo 5 Launching “This Fall”

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #407
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha WTF is the deal.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #408
whooha1217
Zilvia Addict

whooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of lightwhooha1217 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to whooha1217 Send a message via MSN to whooha1217
seriously, bought the freaking PS3 for this game when it frist came out... waiting till now, still not out yet... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:37 AM   #409
HyperTek
Post Whore!

the only fault is DP announcing/previewing this game before its due date.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #410
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
well, i bought my ps3 for blueray, dl renting movies and gaming. psn has a lot of retro style gaming. bomberman, rampage, stardust hd, including old ps games...etc.

maybe this is why...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQT5NTJaBIU
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #411
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I know this game is going to be awesome.....But really, they need to get this released and stop all these date rumors. Give us a solid date and stick to it...
Old 02-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #412
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooha1217 View Post
seriously, bought the freaking PS3 for this game when it frist came out... waiting till now, still not out yet... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have bought the PS3 when the game actually came out. You never know...could have gotten a cheaper bundle deal.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #413
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat411kid View Post
I know this game is going to be awesome.....But really, they need to get this released and stop all these date rumors. Give us a solid date and stick to it...
You're new to the gaming/technology industry aren't you?

Though I agree with this motion, it unfortunately will likely never happen. Gran Turismo, especially Gran Turismo, is known for delays.

Hardly any game actually comes out on its original "release date" anymore. Why? People complain if there isn't one. However, people complain if there is one and it gets delayed.

It will be like this for a while. *sigh*
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #414
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post

Though I agree with this motion, it unfortunately will likely never happen. Gran Turismo, especially Gran Turismo, is known for delays.
That may be true, but the delays are going on three years now.

I heard that the latest release delay was so that they could add a track editor.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #415
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
uggh im starting to lose hope.
But when this game does come out its going to have so much cool shit that you can play it for 5 years and still not be bored. Just like GT4, still playing that all the time and still loving it.
Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #416
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post

Hardly any game actually comes out on its original "release date" anymore. Why? People complain if there isn't one. However, people complain if there is one and it gets delayed.

It will be like this for a while. *sigh*
Hate to sound like this....but lots of games stick to their release date.

Turn10 announced Forza 3's release date in may, and the game released the day they said.....

GT5 has now reached Duke nukem forever status......Only thing left is for it to get cancelled

Assassins creed 2, modern warfare 2, borderlands, fallout 3, etc.....etc.....

I can go on and on with huge groundbreaking games that did not string along their fans for years.
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #417
kouki fanatic
Zilvia Junkie

kouki fanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Gt2 ftmfwwww
Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #418
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
yeah but, look how many gt5 licensing they have to acquire. nascar,wrc,f1, jgtc,?lemans? and including manufacturers. another example how many times did wrc and f1 change?

none of those games you mentioned have any properties. maybe except forza.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #419
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
Hate to sound like this....but lots of games stick to their release date.

Turn10 announced Forza 3's release date in may, and the game released the day they said.....

GT5 has now reached Duke nukem forever status......Only thing left is for it to get cancelled

Assassins creed 2, modern warfare 2, borderlands, fallout 3, etc.....etc.....

I can go on and on with huge groundbreaking games that did not string along their fans for years.
Just to bump a thread for the heck of it...

Yeh, cool, there are examples of both sides. This proves what? I did not say EVERY game, I said it is not suprising, especially involving Gran Turismo. GT4 was delayed for what seemed like forever before it ever was finally released. The same is happening with GT5. Hurray.

There are always examples of the opposite, for every game that comes out on it's release date, there are games that do not.

Haze, Unreal Tournament 3, Red Dead Redemption, etc. Not hard to make a quick list. I can also go on and on with games that did this.

And when you say that those titles you mentioned ALL came out EXACTLY when they said, that is not entirely true. A release date does not have to mean a solid day/month/year.

If I recall, Forza 3 was slated for summer of 2009, and came out in fall when they announced it's new release date at E3. A.C. 1 did the same thing, since you mentioned A.C. 2.

Just because a company finally gave a solid date, and stuck to it does not mean it was released without delay. They do not have to give a solid date to be delayed. If a dev.company says "this game is slated for summer of 2010", but then in summer say, "The release date is October 2010", it has been delayed. This happens nearly more times than not in the last 10 years.

Granted, yes, certain developers have been inclined to not make hard dates until more recent now. Cool.
DRIFTER-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #420
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
GT4 was delayed for a reasonable duration, maybe a year or two.
Not unlike, if not better, than say your Blizzard games (Diablo, WoW, etc).

GT5 is just on whole other unprecendented level of gaming delays.
I've lost count of how long it's been, what maybe 4-5 yrs, since it's '06 intro?
The latest ETA is around Q1 of '11, which would make it 5 years (if true) since it was revealed.
It has been beyond annoying, offensive, and a farce.
It no longer even matters imo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5

[edit] Development
The game was first revealed at E3 2006 under the name Vision Gran Turismo. In an April 2008 interview, Yamauchi revealed that 150 people had worked on Gran Turismo 5 for three years, with all of Polyphony Digital's 120 employees working on GT5, and the game costing 50 times more to develop than 1997's Gran Turismo,[5] with Yamauchi later disclosing that Gran Turismo 5 had cost $60 million to develop.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4

GT4 was delayed for over a year and a half by Polyphony Digital, and had its online mode removed (later added in Gran Turismo 4 Online test version).

I agree with Sleep.
Just cancel the damn thing.
Forza serves that particular gaming niche just fine anyhow.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote