Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #391
WYT R1CE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
WYT R1CE is making a name for him/her selfWYT R1CE is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WYT R1CE
Did you use the mazworx harness? Or wire it up yourself? Happen to have a diagram if so?

Im stuck on wiring right now and really dont want to shell $240 for wiring 6 plugs. hah I cant find this information anywhere.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #392
J90lude
Zilvia Junkie

J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude
Its sounds so beastly! OMGEEEEE!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #393
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYT R1CE View Post
Did you use the mazworx harness? Or wire it up yourself? Happen to have a diagram if so?

Im stuck on wiring right now and really dont want to shell $240 for wiring 6 plugs. hah I cant find this information anywhere.
Look for the plugs first. You might be very surprised at how expensive they are presuming you can get them new. I finally gave up on my GTO interior harness when I found out the plugs were >$50 each, and had speartech make me one.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #394
WYT R1CE
Zilvia Junkie

WYT R1CE is making a name for him/her selfWYT R1CE is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to WYT R1CE
Mazworx requires you send them the plugs with your harness and the stock KA harness. They arent included in the price lol.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #395
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yes i wired it up my self, all i used is the factory service manuals diagram, which you can find online or v8nissans.com service manual section.

Anyways heres a little vid from this sundays warmup laps.

Ill post more pics of the destruction later, you can see in the second or thrd run where i smashed the oil pan on the rumple strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4GtrPm5dZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4GtrPm5dZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #396
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Wow, you were carrying some serious speed on that last run. Did the oil pan sit below the cross member?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #397
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Yea unfourtunatly i dont have an ebrake (even if i did i wouldnt know what to do with it) i mostly use weight transfer and power lol, so anyway that last turn is a very gradual turn from the inside straight, the only way i could ever link it was coming in fast, most of the day my entry speed on that turn was 95+ mph get it side ways and just ride it off throttle to scrub speed for the next turn..

And yes the oil pan used to sit about 1 inch below the x-member, now its about flush lol, i was losing oil pressure most of the day about 10 -15 psi off the normal 80 psi the motor runs.

In this video first to last Ryan kaufmann ls1 rx7, bert abelos s2000 pwrd ae86 , me , chris jackson 2j s13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ji5oH5eGEmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ji5oH5eGEmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

And yes i did say damage photos, during one of those 95+mph entrys the tire decided to explode while i was sideways, resulting in a good show for the spectators and this little present for me, time for more bodywork.......

Old 03-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #398
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
beastly setup, mad props. I still miss the Zenki look but you've got a killer car there. You really should look into getting an ebrake, not only will it help you with situations like that rumble strip, its just a lot safer to be able to use one.

Glad to see you're using it!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #399
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

yea ebrake is coming next.....

well this happened

this hurt

i hate this

this went on the wall

Lesson learned no more nankangs, back to hankook or falken for me

New overs are on the way from enjuku (thanks btw) next week. So ill get started next.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #400
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
at least your pretty kf's are okay.

car sounds fuckin criminal
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #401
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

The Nankang sticker on the wall art is a nice touch.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #402
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

lol.... this is the other wall from september 09 till now lol

Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 AM   #403
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
haha I like how you put the tire sticker on the fender it exploded. blows ass, you'll have to repaint the whole damn side of the car for it to match perfectly...

I know how detail oriented you were originally spraying this car.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:44 AM   #404
wiggafly808
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
wiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to allwiggafly808 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I just wanted to let you know your exhaust makes my underwear snug
wiggafly808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:18 AM   #405
cfreshs14

cfreshs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in LOVE!!! This beast is hella sick brah! Everything you did to it is just amazing.... Now can I have it? Lol.
cfreshs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #406
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

How hard was it to break traction with the 315 falken615s?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #407
boobs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
boobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This car is a beast!

FOR SALE: DOHC maf, KA down pipe and SR A/C pump like new pm me for price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
cars are like beer, they all do the same thing, and we each prefer our own flavor...
boobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #408
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
How hard was it to break traction with the 315 falken615s?
I seriously doubt he was 1/8ths of the pedal down before this thing blows smoke.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #409
rsibley22
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
rsibley22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Dam tires! but other than that man i was like AAAHHHHHH!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #410
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I seriously doubt he was 1/8ths of the pedal down before this thing blows smoke.

yes the 315s spin easy enough, though i dont think i could carry a drift in 4th with them, 3rd gear all day.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #411
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I litterally spent like 6 hours at work going back & forth reading this build lol. so far its been jizztastical to read everything you did & see it shred tires get battle scars AWESOME!!!!! good job on the build ++ on fab work & customization.
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #412
SR Vinny

SR Vinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Could you post a website and part number for your x pipe.. just started my VH swap and would like to do a true dual exhaust along with x pipe..
SR Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #413
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
hope to see more updates man i just went through every page and loved it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #414
Dress-UpCar

Dress-UpCar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Dress-UpCar
very nice build! cant wait to see some more updates
[email protected]

Dress-UpCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #415
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
wow those tires are fucked!
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #416
JDMRIDDAZ
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JDMRIDDAZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ive seen this car in person saw it on the track live
the videos dont do this car justice...its louder then anthing u have ever heard..in the upper 400hp range...
and this man did it all himself manis and all...
mad props jerry...
still got that shoe box lol
Old 04-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #417
Sezio
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Sezio is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sezio
So as far as wiring I just need to get the computer, harness, and those under dashboard plugs?
Sezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #418
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
ide def like to see updates on this car as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #419
Sezio
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Sezio is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sezio
yup I'm about about to buy this engine but I want to know everything I'm gonna need. I want to have everything ready before I pull my engine out.
Sezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #420
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

yea engine harness and under dash plugs, thats it.

As for updates , car sits in the garage these days. Very few local events and my job no longer allows me to travel. It still runs fine and all but i go weeks with out driving it sometimes. pretty sad actually.