Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #4411
ehp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ehp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
anyone running xcessive trans mounts run into issues with the marlin crawler speed sensor preventing the transmission crossmember from sitting flush with the poly trans mount?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #4412
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Can anyone verify that this is the part that i need to drop my SARD injectors into my factory 1JZ fuel rail? When i removed the factory injectors there was a beat up old gasket/o-ring/insulator and the SARD injectors did not come with replacements.

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/pr...329175010.html

It's part 23291 in the image.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #4413
stevecorrado88
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
stevecorrado88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
1jz injector insulator

So I'm missing a few insulators at the bottom on my injectors. Are they needed ? Drift motions sells them but the kit is 60$ anyone help me out maybe of a place that just sell them and not the kit ?
stevecorrado88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #4414
JohanM
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
JohanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ka24 View Post
How is you brake booster ran? My 2j has the port on top of the intake plenum but we just picked up my wife's 2j and it doesn't have the port
i run it to the back nipple of the intake
JohanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #4415
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecorrado88 View Post
So I'm missing a few insulators at the bottom on my injectors. Are they needed ? Drift motions sells them but the kit is 60$ anyone help me out maybe of a place that just sell them and not the kit ?
Look at the link i just posted. those are the injector insulators. im just trying to get confirmation that they are the right ones.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #4416
XxS13LifexX

Trader Rating: (0)
XxS13LifexX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just got my Get NutsLab motor and trans mounts in yesterday. Had to slap some paint on them to avoid rusting since they already had rust around welds... Made sure a wire brushed and sanded well beforehand.

Anyone have close up pics of which mounting holes they used with these mounts? I plan to put these on the motor tonight or tomorrow.
XxS13LifexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #4417
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxS13LifexX View Post
Just got my Get NutsLab motor and trans mounts in yesterday. Had to slap some paint on them to avoid rusting since they already had rust around welds... Made sure a wire brushed and sanded well beforehand.

Anyone have close up pics of which mounting holes they used with these mounts? I plan to put these on the motor tonight or tomorrow.
Check my build thread

First time I dropped the motor in with those brackets & nismo mounts
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=488537&page=4

Second time brackets modified and ran solid mounts for hood clearance
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=488537&page=8
Old 09-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #4418
bobalini
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
bobalini is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
For anyone doing this swap, I have a full collins 2jz to 350z adapter kit for sale. Good alternative to the r154.
bobalini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #4419
XxS13LifexX

XxS13LifexX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Check my build thread

First time I dropped the motor in with those brackets & nismo mounts
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=488537&page=4

Second time brackets modified and ran solid mounts for hood clearance
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=488537&page=8
Thanks Mike! Your thread was a lot of help!

I'm actually dropping in a 1jz vvti so I'm hoping I won't have hood clearance issues, but I do need to figure out what motor mounts I'm going to use because I've heard nismo mounts are a few mm's taller than oem ka mounts.. May just have to buy 2 new oem mounts.
XxS13LifexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #4420
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Quote:
Having trouble with my Dakota Digital SGI-8 (Tach Signal Converter) I plugged in into my wiring specialties harness that had the leads for it and Im getting no movement to my tach. The box lights up (flashes). Im running AEM V2, wiring specialties harness, Non-vvti 2JZ-GTE, JDM Cluster, S13. Any ideas? Anyone have the settings for the DD box?

Thanks
Anyone? No ones running AEM V2 and The Dakota Digital Boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxS13LifexX View Post
Thanks Mike! Your thread was a lot of help!

I'm actually dropping in a 1jz vvti so I'm hoping I won't have hood clearance issues, but I do need to figure out what motor mounts I'm going to use because I've heard nismo mounts are a few mm's taller than oem ka mounts.. May just have to buy 2 new oem mounts.
Cool man glad I could help.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #4421
Mister.E
Post Whore!

What source are you using for your speed sensor?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #4422
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
What source are you using for your speed sensor?
My Wiring Specialties harness has leads setup for the Dakota Digital Boxes

The box has a light on it that powers up and flashes as the car is running but nothing happens on the cluster
Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #4423
supercompact
Leaky Injector

supercompact is an unknown quantity at this point
You will have to use a Marlin Crawler speed sensor if you are using the R154 for your swap.
supercompact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #4424
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercompact View Post
You will have to use a Marlin Crawler speed sensor if you are using the R154 for your swap.

Yeah I'm considering skipping all that jazz and running a speedhut GPS speedo and Tach since this dakota digital junk isn't working out so well...
Old 09-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #4425
kalel540
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kalel540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Yeah I'm considering skipping all that jazz and running a speedhut GPS speedo and Tach since this dakota digital junk isn't working out so well...
This is the route I'll be going with.
kalel540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #4426
HypnoFish
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HypnoFish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is the AEM getting a tach signal?
HypnoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #4427
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoFish View Post
Is the AEM getting a tach signal?
Yes Sir - when the laptop is plugged in everything is working properly.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #4428
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel540 View Post
This is the route I'll be going with.
LOL, you guys both PM'd me about a cluster within minutes of each other!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #4429
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
LOL, you guys both PM'd me about a cluster within minutes of each other!

That sir is because you are THE MAN at these kinda things
Old 09-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #4430
stevecorrado88
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
stevecorrado88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
1jzgte weird injector problem please help

Ok I need help!!!! Just put this swap in my 240, got a wire harness made from panic. Stock setup it's a auto ecu I started the car and cylinders 4 and 5 arent firing. I have spark but here's where I'm stumped. No fuel on spark plugs but if I put injectors 4 and 5 in a different location they work, if I put the plug for those injectors on another location those plugs work so what I'm saying is wiring seems good and injectors but when in that location they don't. Tested with a noid light and volt meter. Sent my ecu out to driftmotions to get repaired Cuz of the bad caps. Also pulled fuel rail and cranked the car over and all injectors fired but I guess they don't fire when the car is running .
stevecorrado88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #4431
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

I made the mistake of flipping coil pack plugs on 4&5 and the car was running on 4cyl. Probably isn't your problem but do check that as well as the injector plug order
Old 09-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #4432
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mike, in order for the dakota speedo box to work, you still need a signal from a speed sensor. it doesnt just work automatically when you hook it up to the WS harness, because the ECU has nowhere to get a speed signal from. Remember when you removed the KA tranny you also took the speed sensor with it. WS just puts the leads there to help make the wiring a little easier/cleaner for you.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #4433
rswails
Leaky Injector

rswails is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drink&Drift View Post
Mk3 Supra cable is perfect length, cant remember if turbo or non turbo though.
Damn that sucks! I really need one. Anyone else know which cable is the right length? I have VVTi, not sure if that matters.
rswails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #4434
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Mike, in order for the dakota speedo box to work, you still need a signal from a speed sensor. it doesnt just work automatically when you hook it up to the WS harness, because the ECU has nowhere to get a speed signal from. Remember when you removed the KA tranny you also took the speed sensor with it. WS just puts the leads there to help make the wiring a little easier/cleaner for you.
You are correct. Although my troubles are with the SGI-8 (tach signal converter) I hadn't even began playing with the speedo yet and I may not since the GPS unit is only a few more dollars over all the parts im going to need to make that work.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #4435
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Anyone using a strut bar (preferably Jonnie Fraz) and/or front Tension/Power Brace? Trying to get an idea of clearance before I commit to purchase. Looking to stiffen up the chassis a bit to keep my dome light from coming on (I have a vert)...and for performance lol
Old 09-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #4436
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Power brace fits just fine and it plays nice with the Sikky sway bar as well.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:08 AM   #4437
91ka24
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
91ka24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
If your using aem v2 you don't need a Dakota digital box for the tach. You do with the v1 unit though. Just hook the factory tach up normally thru the dash dash plug and change a calibration setting in the aem. I will hook up to the aem later today and show where you adjust it at. I'm running a v2 with no Dakota digital and my tach works perfect
Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #4438
jubee
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jubee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Out of curiosity is anyone here running a 2jzge and went turbo that way?

found a good deal on motor from a sc300 thinking about picking it up.

Last edited by jubee; 09-27-2014 at 09:03 AM..
jubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #4439
Reddrum13
Leaky Injector

Reddrum13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am. It isn't complete yet. The only difference is the head (in short) so wiring will be a little different. Sorry for the low post count - I'm just lurking until my build is done. uploadfromtaptalk1411830602606.jpg
Reddrum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #4440
jubee
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jubee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
nice man looking good
jubee is offline   Reply With Quote