Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:59 AM   #421
CrazyRob
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
CrazyRob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CrazyRob
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

More practice.
It took all of us a long time to be able to hold that first drift.
Then to be able to transition will take you another several events.
You will go a few events in a row, just straight spinning out all day everyday.

You need to remember that we have been doing this for years now, and it takes a considerate amount of time to have the car control of a Hollywood stuntman.
If you think you will be running tandem like us within a year, its just not gonna happen.
Its not easy to be able to actually drift and control it around clipping points.
the main goal of your first events should be getting your aggressiveness/timing right and getting used to a well-dialed-in suspension setup. its very difficult to learn on a car that is not comfortable or well setup. i reccommend getting a seat as a first mod, ergonomically correcting interior stuff, then full suspension and differential upgrade. the most important mod is having wheel alignment with settings to decrease rear tire wear and improve handling while drifting.

there are some good racing simulation video games that are very good at learning timing for drifting. i used to fwd drift in Gran Turismo 1 when i was 10 lol. i recommend Gran Turismo 3:A-Spec(with simulation tires), Forza 1, Forza 2, and even GRID. they are all going to help you in some way or another when your not on the track.
CrazyRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 02:15 AM   #422
doridet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
doridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to doridet Send a message via Yahoo to doridet
sikk vid karl! ^_^
doridet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:19 AM   #423
CrazyRob
Zilvia Member

CrazyRob is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CrazyRob
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
Here's the video I made!

YouTube - 626 Drift - Staff Search - Feb. 20, 2010

I never made a video before, but decided to try it. haha. Those were all the clips I had.
good stuff! ... and Crazy Rob, thanks lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiku240sxS14 View Post
Sweet event! I'm horrible with names, but thank you to the instructors in Group B for all your help. Had hella fun out there!

To all the photographers...any pics from Group B (stock looking white s14 Zenki on Battles)?
you'll be a super boss w a little more fine tuning and track time. hope to see you at a future 626Drift event. remember, when it feels like your just driving it sideways, your doing it right lol.

Last edited by CrazyRob; 02-22-2010 at 02:43 AM..
CrazyRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:44 AM   #424
Jackertheman
BANNED

Jackertheman is an unknown quantity at this point
drifting with mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post
It IS

JACK! Dude. Was hoping you made it home OK. Glad we could get you back on the track and home safely.

REMEMBER: Check all those clamps & couplers. And DEFINATELY keep spares with you in your track bag. It truly does suck to have time wasted on a $2 part (not to mention getting stranded)

Lookin good out there, and hope to see you at more events!

p.s Welcome to Zilvia.

ya you will see me at the next event in style... actually the scary part was that my mom came with me.... the first run she was about to have a heart attack but after the day went on a bit it wasn't that bad until i thought that my motor went. she actually wants me to go to more events so one day i will be in D1 drifting and making the big bucks(FREE DRIFTING). can't wait. maybe by then JXN will own the very first 2022 nissan s16

-jack
Jackertheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:49 AM   #425
dkwasherexd
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
dkwasherexd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkwasherexd
[quote=DALAZ_68;3304626]

to the upper right of the tie rod...

I see that you rub there. Take the biggest hammer you have and beat the shit out of it for more clearance. Im not even kidding, its what us drifters do. Once you slamm your car, youll see where else to hammer.
dkwasherexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #426
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 90 DGRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ono View Post
^we'll see whos sleepin tonight when I sneak in.... <33

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
When I got home I pretty much just knocked out. I just woke up. I was sooo tired. This was an awesome epic event. I almost forgot how much fun it is to drift your own car. haha.

Thanks Jackson and everyone else who put on the event, helped out, and was there. Good times. Can't wait to see the pictures and videos from those tandem runs. I'll try to post some up from my camera ASAP.
siiccckkkkk footage karl!!! HEY make sure to email that guy that gave us his business card for the HD footage!!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:21 AM   #427
dpak
Zilvia Junkie

dpak is an unknown quantity at this point
drifting - a set on Flickr

I will update pictures daily.
pm me if you want pictures of yourselves
unfortunately, most of my pictures are of the staff search and group c

coupe <3
dpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #428
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 DGRZ View Post
siiccckkkkk footage karl!!! HEY make sure to email that guy that gave us his business card for the HD footage!!
Thank my friend John (Tako) for the footage. haha.

Yeah, I'll email that dude when I get some time. I'm guessing it will be done in a week or two.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:02 AM   #429
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I like your second video danny

and WHAT THE FUCK.

everyone said i wasnt making any smoke...

clearly i was making some smoke, MUCH more than with the SOHC
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 AM   #430
nieko
Post Whore!

nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
THANKS DEBBY!!! more more more more
Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #431
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
626DRIFT Balcony Practice 2/20/10 Photoset

more to come tomorrow night.

enjoy!

let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 AM   #432
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
It didnt lock on me when i drifted.
You never held a drift at full lock, so that wouldnt affect you.
You would need to me at maximum angle and tried to shallow out for that to have been an issue.
Or been drifting at full lock and have it bind a little on ya.
Just bang it with a hammer.

How wide are your rims?

i know that i didnt ebrake my last run

the POS wouldn't turn because you dont know how to drift yet, lol.
Cars dont automatically drift on their own.
It is actually a pretty difficult process to get a car to unsettle at 45 mph and start it sliding out.

If it was so easy, there would be accidents all the time as cars just stepped out and started drifting. lol

More practice.
It took all of us a long time to be able to hold that first drift.
Then to be able to transition will take you another several events.
You will go a few events in a row, just straight spinning out all day everyday.

You need to remember that we have been doing this for years now, and it takes a considerate amount of time to have the car control of a Hollywood stuntman.
If you think you will be running tandem like us within a year, its just not gonna happen.
Its not easy to be able to actually drift and control it around clipping points.
it did bind on my once...but mainly i know it happened to chris i believe and hammy...thats when they figured it was that metal section...

ill take a hammer to it this weekend...

and your right...ill take my time next time...i just figured to finish running with B since it was only 1 more time run left for all groups, i figured id just finish...lol

im just happy i finally got the car out there, i found very minor issues to what i thought would be crazy problems...

all i know is, march madness, sounds really good righ tabout now...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRob View Post
the main goal of your first events should be getting your aggressiveness/timing right and getting used to a well-dialed-in suspension setup. its very difficult to learn on a car that is not comfortable or well setup. i reccommend getting a seat as a first mod, ergonomically correcting interior stuff, then full suspension and differential upgrade. the most important mod is having wheel alignment with settings to decrease rear tire wear and improve handling while drifting.
ive done what i could prior to going, its just the unexpected, and me tryin to run before learning to walk...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwasherexd View Post
I see that you rub there. Take the biggest hammer you have and beat the shit out of it for more clearance. Im not even kidding, its what us drifters do. Once you slamm your car, youll see where else to hammer.
yeah i know, its what everyone has told me, i didnt know, i just knew about the upper one didnt even consider the other...itll get done and be done by my next event...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #433
DRIFT-ELITE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
DRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruinDRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
YouTube - 626 Drift february 20

heres a little vid i took...not great but yeah
Old 02-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #434
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
who ever has that triple tandem picture of Mulsanne should crop the high quality one so the framing is better.
And the only post you should do is bring the mids and black level down a tiny bit.
Dont over due the photoshop
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #435
nieko
Post Whore!

Yes... although effects are cool sometimes.

Natural perfect framed shot is where its at.

I remember in my photo class the teacher would always make us do full frame prints. no cropping aloud.

i like photography ahaha

castro... you didnt take ANY pictures huh? onlyy video? cant wait for that ish
Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #436
charlie321
Zilvia Addict

charlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to charlie321 Send a message via MSN to charlie321
Team Mulsanne Was Fucking Killing It!
I love you guys!

(Pic by Debby)
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #437
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Mr Dalaz....... You are a beginner...but no beginner should have to learn in your car. Castro is the exception...he has been drifting a stock single cam forever....

I felt the pump not working as well when I drove it...I didn't get to drive it after that though...and yes...your tires were set up wrong...as much as we encourage people to just drive their car, at the same time....a basic "good" setup is necessary for success...

Perfect example...look at that mr2 I was trying to drive all day. With the right setup, that car will drift, but right now, the margin for error is a lot smaller. PM me the size of your rims you are running, and I'll set you up on a tire setup for no failure.

The guy driving the MR2...I had a blast driving it! thank you. Let me know when you get those nuckles, that's when the fun will begin! lol. None the less...great driving. You could drift a 240 no problem I'm sure.

These pictures are great...do we have any of group A?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #438
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie321 View Post
Team Mulsanne Was Fucking Killing It!
I love you guys!

(Pic by Debby)
this picture is LEGIT AS FUCK!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #439
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
Mr Dalaz....... You are a beginner...but no beginner should have to learn in your car. Castro is the exception...he has been drifting a stock single cam forever....

I felt the pump not working as well when I drove it...I didn't get to drive it after that though...and yes...your tires were set up wrong...as much as we encourage people to just drive their car, at the same time....a basic "good" setup is necessary for success...

Perfect example...look at that mr2 I was trying to drive all day. With the right setup, that car will drift, but right now, the margin for error is a lot smaller. PM me the size of your rims you are running, and I'll set you up on a tire setup for no failure.
i know...willing to except it with out hesitation...im also hitting up my CA buds to get some more questions answered that they would know more on...I.E. power band...things like that...and once i get a chance to look at the car ill let you know tires...i just wish i knew the offset...

Old 02-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #440
s13silvia88
Zilvia Junkie

s13silvia88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

These pictures are great...do we have any of group A?

yes yes ne pictures or vids of group A? i have white coupe silvia front with meshies!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #441
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRob View Post
you'll be a super boss w a little more fine tuning and track time. hope to see you at a future 626Drift event. remember, when it feels like your just driving it sideways, your doing it right lol.
Thank you...were you the one helping me setting the tire pressure? If you are thank you for helping me. What's your name?

FCKILLERBEE....what's your name? And thank you too for helping me figure out what I need to do. I think my main problem is the initiation that screws up my run...it was fun but frustrating at the same time. Had a blast tho....and will definitely come out again!

Question...i have another set of 225/35 for the rears, and people be telling me I need to get more grip out back. What can I do to compensate for now w/ 225/35's...? Lower tire pressure in rear (30-35psi?) and front (40 psi?)....

Dalaz_68...your welcome on the belts. You can use them for now, I'll hit you up later for them.

Thank you to all who posted the photograph and vid's...very nice!
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #442
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Thank you...were you the one helping me setting the tire pressure? If you are thank you for helping me. What's your name?

FCKILLERBEE....what's your name? And thank you too for helping me figure out what I need to do. I think my main problem is the initiation that screws up my run...it was fun but frustrating at the same time. Had a blast tho....and will definitely come out again!

Question...i have another set of 225/35 for the rears, and people be telling me I need to get more grip out back. What can I do to compensate for now w/ 225/35's...? Lower tire pressure in rear (30-35psi?) and front (40 psi?)....

Dalaz_68...your welcome on the belts. You can use them for now, I'll hit you up later for them.

Thank you to all who posted the photograph and vid's...very nice!
Crazyrob = Robert
FCKILLERBEE = Hambrug aka hammy aka Nazi? someone said it i laughed...lol

and thanks again, yeah just hit me up... if you dont need em ill buy it! but if u need em to sell or w/e lmk ill ship em out to yah so u dont waste gas or return em next event me and u go to...

Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #443
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
^ Hamburg, Hammy, Nazi...? umm yeah I don't know these people and wouldn't feel comfortable calling them that...lol. Robert sounds familiar tho...

Well I certainly can't use the belts in my car, so I was planning on selling them. But if you need it and want to buy them....just wear a Pink Tu-Tu & its yours! For now go ahead and use them.
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #444
doridet
Zilvia Addict

doridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond reputedoridet has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to doridet Send a message via Yahoo to doridet
AWESOME pictures guys!! woot!

p.s. Team Mulsanne, that is the craziest picture i've ever seen. You guys rock! ^__^
doridet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #445
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
^ Hamburg, Hammy, Nazi...? umm yeah I don't know these people and wouldn't feel comfortable calling them that...lol. Robert sounds familiar tho...

Well I certainly can't use the belts in my car, so I was planning on selling them. But if you need it and want to buy them....just wear a Pink Tu-Tu & its yours! For now go ahead and use them.
lol

i dunno about the tutu, id rather just pay yah...and if u have the driver side, ill take that too...

Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #446
lechu84
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
lechu84 is a jewel in the roughlechu84 is a jewel in the roughlechu84 is a jewel in the roughlechu84 is a jewel in the roughlechu84 is a jewel in the roughlechu84 is a jewel in the roughlechu84 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Man that looks fun.. great pic!!
lechu84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #447
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

My name is David, I go by Hamburg cause david is sooo common. Hamburg evolved to hammy by the asian guy to the right.... NAZI would be cause i'm german...and racist as fuck, (best friend is chinese, wifes mexican, my son's godfather is black, all i'm missing is some jews...anyone?). I speak my mind....usually offends people unless they know me. I also had a super rad mustache for this event...but it is shaved off now...I enjoy having sex with my wife...we had to negotiate. lol

hamburg, hammy, hamburger, hamburgler, hambergesa, burger....i no longer get offended. be creative...just let me know what you are calling me so I know to respond. haha.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #448
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:

My name is David, I go by Hamburg cause david is sooo common. Hamburg evolved to hammy by the asian guy to the right.... NAZI would be cause i'm german...and racist as fuck, (best friend is chinese, wifes mexican, my son's godfather is black, all i'm missing is some jews...anyone?). I speak my mind....usually offends people unless they know me. I also had a super rad mustache for this event...but it is shaved off now...I enjoy having sex with my wife...we had to negotiate. lol

hamburg, hammy, hamburger, hamburgler, hambergesa, burger....i no longer get offended. be creative...just let me know what you are calling me so I know to respond. haha.
^LOL

all i know is...your help...truely appreciated, i wanna call you white bear...

or hams...

Old 02-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #449
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:

You should thank the Wife.

If you recall the conversation we had about that mustache, you were this | | close to being named:

Lt. Dangle

we couldnt remember the dudes name.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #450
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post
You should thank the Wife.

If you recall the conversation we had about that mustache, you were this | | close to being named:

Lt. Dangle

we couldnt remember the dudes name.
oh gawd!!!! lol....that is some funny shit!