Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #421
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Products » Display products » DASH2 - Racing - Race Technology Ltd - Automotive Technical Excellence

race technology dash 2, maybe, instead of that aimsport?

we used race technology datalog + dash3 on our fsae car last year and were pretty happy with it. conversely, our formula hybrid team used an aimsports mychron and hated it. anyways, the car's looking good.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #422
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
just put your SR back in. install a tomei 2.2 and yell PSYCHE when you lied about the LS swap "i was juss foolin yawls"
Damn that's a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
amazing work man! wish i had the money for the cluster, that thing is so sick! u selling the old bumper? keep the pics coming!
Yes, I am selling the K's bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVlad View Post
How did you go about preping the wheels well for the 3m undercoating? Would using some strong paint stripper (like that airplane stuff) and then painting it with the 3m stuff be ok?

I think the stripper will take it down to bare metal though.
Man, that undercoating sticks to like everything. I didn't prep anything. Obviously my wells didn't have clumps of dirt or anything. But yeah, I didn't do any prep work aside from masking off the area.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #423
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Damn that's a good idea!
Thanks, i thought of it all by myself.

Quote:
Man, that undercoating sticks to like everything. I didn't prep anything. Obviously my wells didn't have clumps of dirt or anything. But yeah, I didn't do any prep work aside from masking off the area.
Allow me to give him the proper answer, Toby.

If you were curious about how to apply 3m undercoating I would suggest going onto the 3M website, searching for the particular undercoating you desire (there are different versions with different characteristics). I chose to go with the black paintable type, the more expensive one. Undercoating is not an area I would try to skimp on. Once you find the part number, download the data sheet and read the fucking directions.

But if you want cliff notes, no problem. Basically clean the shit out of the surface, I washed and degreased my entire undercarriage, then used a wire brush to give a good scrub down. Then I have one last wash and degrease. I then went over the entire area by hand with solvent to clean any oil/tar residue that wouldnt come off. After that, its safe to apply the undercoating. After days and/or weeks, it will significantly harden more and more. Its not rhino-liner, but overall its good stuff and fairly easy for the amateur to apply.

One piece of advice, if you're going to do an entire undercarriage, you can save maybe a weeks worth of time if you use a heat pressure washer for the undercarriage. I didnt use/have heat, I used cold water and it could not loosen the dirt.

Sorry for hogging your thread. Keep us posted when your Tomei crate motor arrives from Japan.

Mike
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #424
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
^^^^Hahaha^^^^ I'm glad someone's got my back!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #425
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Big update!

motor is in!

Big thanks to tomei for their stroker motor.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #426
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
LOL

msglngth

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #427
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #428
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
liesssssssssssss
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #429
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
this thread delivers.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #430
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
haha you are amazing at photoshop! and your next trick is....
Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #431
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Wow that IS a big SR20. Like, physically larger than any other ones I've seen.

Reminds me of this 2JZ swap with NOS I saw one time...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #432
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

You know, after looking at that picture, I don't think I got the drivers side engine mount torqued all the way down... the motor appears be in there slightly cock-eyed.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #433
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Tomei's big secret is out, they don't stroke/bore the motor, they just make the entire thing bigger by 10%
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #434
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
You know, after looking at that picture, I don't think I got the drivers side engine mount torqued all the way down... the motor appears be in there slightly cock-eyed.
HAHAHA! Toby said cock.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #435
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
So my only real problem is the fact that the AIM and the other ones that are basically identical aesthetically, the Dash 2 and the Racepak, are well.... ugly.
Toby,

You hurt my feelers

Aesthetically I kind of agree. Its very "race" which isnt concerned with classy or elegance. You need data and thats what it does. I couldnt ignore the ease of CAN interface to the GM ECU nor the ability to datalog vital info. Thanks for making mine looks as good as it possibly could
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #436
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Big update!

motor is in!

Big thanks to tomei for their stroker motor.
ewwww....................

engine should sit lower
car should sit lower
your offset sucks
your car sucks
you suck at life
your entire family sucks
your pets should be skinned alive
you should run off and kill yourself

thank you,
team zilvia
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #437
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:

engine should sit lower
car should sit lower
your offset sucks
your car sucks
you suck at life
your entire family sucks

thank you,
team zilvia
If I had room in my sig, that shit would most definitely be in it!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #438
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Quote:

engine should sit lower
car should sit lower
your offset sucks
your car sucks
you suck at life
your entire family sucks

thank you,
team zilvia
Quote:
If I had room in my sig, that shit would most definitely be in it!

Its in mine... lol that is the best post all year..

This thread is one of the best in a long time. Nothing like walking in the door everyday after work getting on the computer and woundering what the hell you have done on the car and waiting for a update.

Thank you sir for the awesome build.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #439
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
bro I think you're violating like 10 enforcement codes on this site with your ridiculously long signature.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #440
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
bahaha. That's awesome.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #441
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Ok, I'm really thinking about this AiM Sports MXL Strada as Jordan had mentioned.
A guy here in the UK runs an MXL in his Charged LS2 Zenki. AFAIK he's very happy with it:

I'm still opting for the stack (purely for nostalgia reasons).
Old 03-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #442
JDMorina
Leaky Injector

JDMorina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
A guy here in the UK runs an MXL in his Charged LS2 Zenki. AFAIK he's very happy with it:

I'm still opting for the stack (purely for nostalgia reasons).
JDMorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #443
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice, Toby!!! I think I need to make the trip to btown haha
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #444
JDS13
Leaky Injector

JDS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Bro...I LOVE IT keep up the great work...
Old 03-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #445
PHAS3D
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
PHAS3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hell yeah Broadfield!
Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #446
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Not much of an update really. I'm waiting for a good friend of mine to get me hooked up with my 220 volt supplies so I can get my compressor wired up. That way I can bust out the air grinder and start prepping all of the holes for welding. Also use my air saw to shave a couple brackets and what not.

I finalized and paid for my order with Sikky on Friday. They are giving me a slight sponsorship to run their stuff and do a write-up on it. I should have all the following in about 3 weeks:
  • Sikky Full LS Swap Kit which includes:
    Aluminum Race Oil Pan V3
    Custom Pickup and dip stick tube
    Engine and Trans mounts
    Oil Filter Relocation Kit... which I will probably not use and make my own.
    Aluminum Driveshaft

• Sikky 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers w/polished ceramic coating
  • Sikky Subframe Bushing Set
  • Sikky Wilwood Master Cylinder Conversion kit

I'm also waiting to here back about the AIM Sports MXL Strada

On top of everything else, I'm waiting for my SR to sell before I order the LS3... so hopefully that's sooner than later. But I still have plenty of time before I need to find alternative ways to fund the motor.

I hate waiting!!!!!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #447
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome list of goodies on the way, sir. I was discussing a trip down in the end of April or early May with Kyle last night... then I can finally bring the 240 and not get snowed in, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #448
newslidz
Zilvia Member

newslidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newslidz
you guys need to start driving hard and not parking hard. i cant stand parking lots!

JUST A RED TOP SR
newslidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #449
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by newslidz View Post
you guys need to start driving hard and not parking hard. i cant stand parking lots!
I drive it hard, just not on a track. It's a street car, not a track car. That's not to say I wouldn't take it to the track, but there is just no time for it. And the closest track is not close at all. Not to mention that I don't really care. I like to build cars. Some people like to race cars. Then some like to do both. I have never hidden the fact that I just like to build them.

Who are you by-the-way that you would know how I drive my car? Or why you would even care how I drive it or what I do with it?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 03-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #450
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Who are you by-the-way that you would know how I drive my car? Or why you would even care how I drive it or what I do with it?
I drive my car on the track for the approval of the kids on the internet who can't afford it themselves. FUCK YEAH!!!

no FUCK YOU.

Seriously I don't even waste time responding to questions like this, I just want to see the people in person ask me that shit and then I will ask where is your track car?

followed by

still living with parents?
drift tires and parts on your credit cards and student loans?
car running right now?

and you get a look back like, who the fuck are you to be asking those questions.

EXACTLY point made.