Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #421
RED ST
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RED ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow awesome build man.
RED ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #422
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_slow_40 View Post
i second that. if only i had me a garage. ( still need some money though. )
seems like everyone needs a garage. i wish i had a garage where i lived, but i will say i am lucky to be able to use my dads garage on weekends.

... and who doesnt need money, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xise View Post
damn ^^^^ wish I would have got to be post #420 lol, anyways awesome build!! I am planning on doing this exact thing frame rails included so this will be a perfect guide for me to refer to!!

just for our info how much $$ have you dropped on this so far? not trying to make you depressed but wondering for my own budget reasons

again awesome build so far, from your pics I am not looking foward to cutting out my frame rails
yeah, it kind of is depressing thinking of all the money i've spent on this 20 year old car, lol... and its not really being that modified, hah!

but after all the parts, supplies, SHIPPING!!, tools and equipment i think i purchased so far... and some i forget and find later while looking through boxes in the closet, i will say its definitely over 10 grand just for what i listed above, no labor included. but hey... when theres a will, there is a way but i really should start saving more money and stuff now with these hard economic times.

and good luck with your frame rail thing, its not too bad... you just have to do it. i wasted so much time putting it off everytime.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #423
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
any updates?

ive had my header wraped now for almost 2 weeks... i think.. and ive beat on it a little hear and there. otherwise just daily driveing and its holding up really well. i beat my floorpan and not the header seems to rattle alot.. could just be my exhaust in general tho. no flex pipe :/
Old 08-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #424
artdrifter
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
artdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ive followed this thread for forever. i love this thing. i cant wait until it is finished. i wish i could go see it
artdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #425
T_wei
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
T_wei is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
can't wait till you piant this beast
T_wei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #426
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
ok... so i ordered more stuff again.

cleaned, took apart and painted the ac condensor... needed to cut some of the side brackets off because it wouldnt fit on my modified radiator support bracket.

after that it fit like a charm...

then i forgot about the radiator grommet holes, so i cut some steel sheets and drilled holes in em and welded them on.

decided to go with the mishimoto aluminum fan shroud set-up... saw the write up on it and seemed like something i was looking for... because i think at the time i purchased my radiator, they did not have the shrouds for sale yet? i could be wrong...

installed radiator/shroud/fans and looks great!

oh and the circuit sports logo on the overflow tank fell off one day... lol. today i got some adhesive and stuck it back on.

just waiting for more parts and doing small stuff here and there.

fun stuff...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #427
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
I wish you had pics everyday.... This thread is the tits...
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #428
2_slow_40
Zilvia Member

2_slow_40 is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome, im lovin this thread. cant wait for some more big updates. its crazy how you can spend so much money on a project, and still have quite a bit left to do. atleast you know its done right, and dont have to worry about it fallin apart,and your able to do all of the work yourself, and take the time needed to get it done right. all of the hard labor and funds will pay off in the end, (not that theres ever an end to a project 240 lol), and its gonna be sick as fugg when you start drivin it around. i just wish i could check it out in person.
2_slow_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #429
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
god i wish i could do this to my coupe lol...but at least i can do the engine bay that way but not the entire car
Old 08-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #430
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
I wish you had pics everyday.... This thread is the tits...
i wish i could work on this everyday... sometimes :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_slow_40 View Post
awesome, im lovin this thread. cant wait for some more big updates. its crazy how you can spend so much money on a project, and still have quite a bit left to do. atleast you know its done right, and dont have to worry about it fallin apart,and your able to do all of the work yourself, and take the time needed to get it done right. all of the hard labor and funds will pay off in the end, (not that theres ever an end to a project 240 lol), and its gonna be sick as fugg when you start drivin it around. i just wish i could check it out in person.
thanks. i guess im just anal retentive when it comes to most things... not only cars. i really want things to be a certain way before i just start putting parts back. i mean, i could get this car back together and running in a weekend if i never cared what it looked like... but thats just me.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #431
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
yea my sticker on the overflow tank fell off in like a week too haha

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #432
240_hawaii

240_hawaii is an unknown quantity at this point
hey jon thane from hilo car is sick!!!!!!
lmk if you need any parts i might have some stuff around the house lol
Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #433
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #434
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
yea my sticker on the overflow tank fell off in like a week too haha
lol, guess its not just me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240_hawaii View Post
hey jon thane from hilo car is sick!!!!!!
lmk if you need any parts i might have some stuff around the house lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
looks good
thanks guys, appreciate the comments. i kinda want to hear what i could be doing better/any ideas?

anyways, decided to start on the electrical part of this project... big woops.

took apart the engine bay harness today, never realized how heavy the harness is, lol.

plans are to relocate fuse/relay boxes to glove compartment. make a fuse/switch/bus board thing, tuck the wiring and nylong sleeve/heatshrink wiring like everyone else seems to be doing nowadays.

going to order some mil spec connectors and some other electrical goodies to go with all this. and waiting on some stri gauges as well... did i post this already? i know i really dont need gauges at this time, but when the time comes... for maybe a turbo or who knows, then everything will be set and ready to convert. plus, i just like to keep an eye on things.

also, thinking of a power steering cooler as well... just because. i know i dont have super big wheels in the front, but would it be good/neccesary? i mean, i dont see any reason that it would be bad to have...

Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #435
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I love it... Fuck subaru I need an S13 lol.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:55 PM   #436
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Im replacing all the hicas shit in my car and i needed ps lines, so instead of buying used oem ones, i just bought an aftermarket ps pressure hose and a ps cooler. Hope it works, i mean there shouldnt be any problems.

Nice build btw.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #437
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
lol, guess its not just me :P

thanks guys, appreciate the comments. i kinda want to hear what i could be doing better/any ideas?
I have no strong opinions overall im impressed by how clean you've made it. every part also.

I do wish the carpet was black and not precut... I got the carpet your using now and I trashed it.... I didn't like the fit. it feels cheap.
but I still havent tried anything else.

A turbo would be nice... but unnecessary. engine management is expensive.

yeeeaaaah.... :O)
Old 08-31-2009, 01:14 AM   #438
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Im replacing all the hicas shit in my car and i needed ps lines, so instead of buying used oem ones, i just bought an aftermarket ps pressure hose and a ps cooler. Hope it works, i mean there shouldnt be any problems.

Nice build btw.
thanks. ive been looking online and i think it seems the best way to go is a tube and fin style cooler instead of the plate style ones. seems to be some overheating with them??? but thats just from a few sources i have found... maybe im wrong. but they are not too pricey, so i think ill try setting it up.

Quote:
I have no strong opinions overall im impressed by how clean you've made it. every part also.

I do wish the carpet was black and not precut... I got the carpet your using now and I trashed it.... I didn't like the fit. it feels cheap.
but I still havent tried anything else.

A turbo would be nice... but unnecessary. engine management is expensive.

yeeeaaaah.... :O)
damn, thanks dude... appreciate it. but i still dont mind if anyone has any comments on how or what i could do... just for ideas.

as for the carpet, I DO AGREE with you that it looks cheap, fits like crap and could look better in black. i guess i just wanted to try something different with the beige/black contrast... dont see it too much in 240sx's. and im still not done fitting it... LOL. (deep down inside i want to trash it, but there is always a way to make it work... i think)

one day there will be a turbo... i can feel it :P maybe once im done with this project, ill slowly save up some money and make some plans.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:54 AM   #439
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

oh no doubt man, the wheel fitment on this car is game over... so your in the playoffs.

you should get a nice black fabric for headliner, shift boot, and glove box....

also holset turbo and a treadstone manifold, are a beastly turbo setup. reliable and on the affordable side. but all in good time... my car is sitting underappreciated right now in my garage. so your way ahead of me. ^____^
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #440
T_wei
Zilvia Junkie

T_wei is an unknown quantity at this point
MOAR this thread is so addicting
T_wei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #441
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
look at all the wires
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #442
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
thanks. ive been looking online and i think it seems the best way to go is a tube and fin style cooler instead of the plate style ones. seems to be some overheating with them??? but thats just from a few sources i have found... maybe im wrong. but they are not too pricey, so i think ill try setting it up.
Before i actually do the hicas swap and put this in, i need to figure out a place to put it. Any suggestions? Heard in front of the radiatior is a good place.

Transcooler w/ 3/8ths tube and mounting shit and isis high pressure hose:

xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #443
Impact Black
Zilvia Junkie

Impact Black is an unknown quantity at this point
The build looks like its coming along nicely, can't wait to see a complete finished project
Impact Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #444
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
What about the BROWN carpet? TRASH THAT!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #445
RastaS13
Leaky Injector

RastaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just spent over an hour reading the whole thing and it makes my car look like crap. Awesome stuff.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #446
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Before i actually do the hicas swap and put this in, i need to figure out a place to put it. Any suggestions? Heard in front of the radiatior is a good place.

Transcooler w/ 3/8ths tube and mounting shit and isis high pressure hose:
yeah, i was thinking of something like this one, but with some an fittings already welded on. i already have some ps an lines and fittings in storage. i was thinking of maybe putting mine on the side (behind one of the front bumper vent, probably on the driver side because its closer to the pump) instead of in front of the radiator... dont know if its going to cause too much heat trapped in one area???

and also a question for anyone who may know, should the ps cooler be added inline with everything or bypass that pipe that runs in front the crossmember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
What about the BROWN carpet? TRASH THAT!
i know, isnt the brown carpet nasty (its actually medium beige... looks darker in these pictures) lol. all i have to defend myself is that i just wanted to try give the interior a little contrast compared to all the black/grey looking ones out there... and possibly so the inside doesnt seem so dark.

and i actually really dislike that brown foot rubber, which is BROWN on the driverside, wish it was more of a beige/tan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaS13 View Post
Just spent over an hour reading the whole thing and it makes my car look like crap. Awesome stuff.
thanks a lot! glad you enjoy.

Quote:
oh no doubt man, the wheel fitment on this car is game over... so your in the playoffs.

you should get a nice black fabric for headliner, shift boot, and glove box....

also holset turbo and a treadstone manifold, are a beastly turbo setup. reliable and on the affordable side. but all in good time... my car is sitting underappreciated right now in my garage. so your way ahead of me. ^____^
lol, the playoffs... gotta have wheel fitment :P

its the only way it looks good... the way things should be, haha. its like clothes that dont fit right dont look good, but then again... i take that back, cause some people do like baggy clothes and those preppy tight clothes look too. okay... im not really getting anywhere with this one but hey, everyone has there own style and what looks good to them, to each their own.

i will definitely do the glove box in black though, as for the headliner, my reason is stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
look at all the wires
what a task... but then again, it doesnt seem as bad as i thought it would be... so far. i figured out that things which make you think that it will be very hard are just easier when you just do it instead of keep thinking how hard it might be, cause that just gets you nowhere. i just gotta make sure i double... even triple check everything i do
Old 09-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #447
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
I just read through this thread for the 3rd or 4th time since you've started it...
I probably missed it. But where did you get that dash carpety thingy?

Oh,
Delete these pics and I will kill you, :P lol
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #448
spiker

spiker has a little shameless behavior in the past
Fkn car is crip brah. Your exhaust looks tick in that picture. What size piping is that? Are you going ka-t? If not arn't you going to lose a lot of backpressure and power if the piping is too big... anyways thing is looking sick nice work.
spiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #449
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
I just read through this thread for the 3rd or 4th time since you've started it...
I probably missed it. But where did you get that dash carpety thingy?

Oh,
Delete these pics and I will kill you, :P lol
rofl! i dont think ill ever delete these pics... unless the internet dies :P

and i actually bought the dash cover from a toyota dealership i was working at about a year ago. im sure if you go to any dealership they sell dashcovers for new cars... as well as old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Fkn car is crip brah. Your exhaust looks tick in that picture. What size piping is that? Are you going ka-t? If not arn't you going to lose a lot of backpressure and power if the piping is too big... anyways thing is looking sick nice work.
its just an hks hi power for the sr, 120mm tip with 85mm piping. out of the many threads ive seen on here with people talking/complaining about backpressure with these 3 inch exhausts on na engines, it really doesnt seem to make that much of a difference. seems to be a little loss in the low end and more high end power, but not very noticable... maybe depends how your car is built/tuned as well.

but here are some threads i found about it that ive read before i purchased this exhaust.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/134129-80mm...-n-ka24de.html

http://www.zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/13...aust-size.html

and plus, if i ever go ka-t (which i would love too one day), then ill be ready, no need to buy another exhaust system.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #450
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

this car wins.... that is all