Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #421
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
Do I detect a note of sarcasm?
Sarcasm is one of the 2 1/3 languages I speak well

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #422
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
Finally!! Been waiting to watch this team thrive.. been waiting for over a decade! I think Melo matured and will finally make his teammates better. Melo probably observed how Lebron matured last year and will follow suit.

About Amare, it is best that he comes off the bench.. Melo is doing great as a 4. Can't wait for Shumpert to return.. defense will be great.
I would say you are joking but I see you are from NYC.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #423
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Sarcasm is one of the 2 1/3 languages I speak well
I like it how there seems to be this "everybody" is now a legitimate contender narrative going on.

Only 1/3 of the teams have made it to 10 games played, this is when stats start to matter...
Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #424
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Knicks still looking good let's see if they can keep it up
Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #425
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I like it how there seems to be this "everybody" is now a legitimate contender narrative going on.

Only 1/3 of the teams have made it to 10 games played, this is when stats start to matter...
In a way, the “everybody’s a contender” narrative is real. Apply it to the teams that made the playoffs last year (except the Celtics, though). Yes the season will wear on and separate the wheat from the chaff but for now, there are teams that cannot – or at least should not – be ignored. F’rinstance, that Murderer’s Row that Memphis won out last week suggests to me that they are AT LEAST better than they were last season.
Yes, I FULLY expect the Clippers and the Knicks to resume acting like the Clippers and Knicks, respectively. For now, though, teams who we would sooner laugh off earlier on are actually contenders until someone gets hurt.

And I write too!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #426
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Phlip, are you a Lakers fan? If so, I feel so bad for you that your coach is an idiot.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #427
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Phlip, are you a Lakers fan? If so, I feel so bad for you that your coach is an idiot.
I will only believe otherwise when I see it.
The recently fired coach was a worse one, but still

And I write too!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #428
---+
Leaky Injector

---+ is an unknown quantity at this point
Having a winning roster stripped for a malcontent superstar who eventually ran him out of town does not make Dantoni an idiot coach. Idiot owner is more fitting when describing what happened to the Knicks.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #429
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Lots of people said the same shit about Mike Brown... coming from a knicks fan who has watched most games Dantoni coached, I know he is in fact an idiot. He does not adjust to opponent's defense nor offense.. he has one play in his book and keeps trying it whether they are losing or not. OH and he loves to say, GO GO GO!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #430
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Lots of people said the same shit about Mike Brown... coming from a knicks fan who has watched most games Dantoni coached, I know he is in fact an idiot. He does not adjust to opponent's defense nor offense.. he has one play in his book and keeps trying it whether they are losing or not. OH and he loves to say, GO GO GO!
No. Mike Brown IS an idiot. D'Antoni is actually a great coach who's offensive prowess is well respected around the league. Things went to shit for your Knicks when Carmelo came back and wanted to play iso ball all day long. Mike Browns teams have never had anything that resembled an NBA caliber offense. With the Cavs it was everybody clear out and let Lebron run at the basket and in LA it was that Princeton nonsense. Brown doesn't have a clue and will probably never be a head coach again after this latest debacle.

Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni aren't anywhere close in comparison. Hell, D'Antoni was on the USA basketball coaching staff. That says something. Now D'Antoni does have his reputation for not emphasizing defense and all that, but i'll take that over Mike Brown's dumb ass ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. D'Antoni is a HUGE upgrade. Defense is an effort thing and his teams have never had guys like Kobe, Metta, and Dwight who take pride in their defense.

I'm excited to see what this Lakers team looks like after the all star break.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #431
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
No. Mike Brown IS an idiot. D'Antoni is actually a great coach who's offensive prowess is well respected around the league. Things went to shit for your Knicks when Carmelo came back and wanted to play iso ball all day long. Mike Browns teams have never had anything that resembled an NBA caliber offense. With the Cavs it was everybody clear out and let Lebron run at the basket and in LA it was that Princeton nonsense. Brown doesn't have a clue and will probably never be a head coach again after this latest debacle.

Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni aren't anywhere close in comparison. Hell, D'Antoni was on the USA basketball coaching staff. That says something. Now D'Antoni does have his reputation for not emphasizing defense and all that, but i'll take that over Mike Brown's dumb ass ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. D'Antoni is a HUGE upgrade. Defense is an effort thing and his teams have never had guys like Kobe, Metta, and Dwight who take pride in their defense.

I'm excited to see what this Lakers team looks like after the all star break.
Add to that the fact that he actually wins games when he has players who respect him. See D'Antoni in Phoenix vs D'Antoni in NY.
I can see how this could work out, since he has players with personal resolve to play some damned defense on the roster, as opposed to his previous stops where they seemed more than okay with just letting shit be what it was.

And I write too!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #432
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
he's called steve nash. its the only reason why he got any success on the suns.

meanwhile...looks like refs won again 8-0-2.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #433
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Well, looks like the Lakers beat the dogshit out of Dallas last night, but I will not opine on what that means since everyone other than Mavs fans expected them to suck this year. it is still depressing that the Boobcats have a better record than the Lakers.

It all feels better to see that there are now 3 teams with better records than the Knicks, though. Just seems like things are returning to normal for them

And I write too!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #434
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
he's called steve nash. its the only reason why he got any success on the suns.

meanwhile...looks like refs won again 8-0-2.
Always the refs fault. I am going to claim that as well for the Suns...
Old 11-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #435
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love it when people blame the refs for losses and then call themselves real NBA fans. Try defense, effort, lack of scoring or just overall not sucking. Refs can miss a call every once in a while, they're human but they don't win or lose games....

In other news my Heat can't play a lick of defense this year. Thank god for Ray Allen and his corner 3's. It kinda reminds me of when Bruce Bowen played here but he played WAAAAYYY better defense.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #436
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Any predictions for the Knicks Vs Nets game?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #437
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bruckshot View Post
Any predictions for the Knicks Vs Nets game?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #438
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

The way the knicks have been playing the last 5 games compared to the net's last 5 games, i would say the nets.. sad to say it, but the knicks have been horrible on defense and ball movement - nothing like the first few games.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #439
Riq
Zilvia Addict

If the Knicks can stay focused and avoid meltdowns like the one that happened when they played the Griz, they can be better than the Nets. But given their track record their undefeated start was more about catching teams trying to get their rotations and game plans in place. Only time will tell. Personally I don't think the Knicks are for real until they finally win a Playoff series.

A better question is, will the Lakers get it together with Mr. Run-n-Gun, 7sec or less, Mike D'antoni? Personally I think it was a huge mistake to take him over the guy that won you 5 Championships. I can't believe Lakers fans still go to the games given the way they treated Phil Jackson. I can name atleast 26 other teams in the NBA that would take him over their current Coach, I can't say the same for D'antoni. Hell even some NFL teams would take Phil over their current Coach....
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #440
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
jr and novak non existance in this game. mostly novak, he's been terrible.

felton was 3-19 @ 42mins. im getting piss off on woodson's adjustments or lack of.

this one of the few games emotion were high. i fucking hate burger king nets. mostly burger king ppl.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #441
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post

A better question is, will the Lakers get it together with Mr. Run-n-Gun, 7sec or less, Mike D'antoni? Personally I think it was a huge mistake to take him over the guy that won you 5 Championships. I can't believe Lakers fans still go to the games given the way they treated Phil Jackson. I can name atleast 26 other teams in the NBA that would take him over their current Coach, I can't say the same for D'antoni. Hell even some NFL teams would take Phil over their current Coach....
I could have sworn that he was never really in the running. It was the Lakers head office that let that info slip and people ran with it.

He said in a interview that none of his people were contacted for the job.

And plus, he was looking for a reduced role the last time a team wanted his services...
Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #442
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Knicks really had no rhythm that game at all.. Chandler had a great scoring night, but his lack of rebounding blew it.. He made Reggie Evans look like god damn Mutumbo. And the ball movement really sucked too.. thanks to Melo and JR.. even Felton for chucking up all game long! And how about defending the 3? Leaving Stackhouse wide open for multiple 3 pointers..

But overall, it was a great game to watch.. Nets look good so far and solid.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #443
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

And I write too!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #444
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Hollinger's power rankings are out!

Knicks > Heat. Pop bottles!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #445
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz
Knicks really had no rhythm that game at all.. Chandler had a great scoring night, but his lack of rebounding blew it.. He made Reggie Evans look like god damn Mutumbo. And the ball movement really sucked too.. thanks to Melo and JR.. even Felton for chucking up all game long! And how about defending the 3? Leaving Stackhouse wide open for multiple 3 pointers..

But overall, it was a great game to watch.. Nets look good so far and solid.
yeah the Knicks live and die by the jumper and they can't rebound I just hope they get better with shumpert and stadamire get back

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android
blood out
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #446
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Pau for Stoudemire in talks? Raja Bell interest? Didn't know Lakers were going for the 2008 Suns roster.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #447
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

2012-2013 Hollinger Power Rankings 1-15- National Basketball Association - ESPN

Hollinger's power rankings are out!

Knicks > Heat. Pop bottles!
I'm glad to see the Griz in the #1 spot as they are the second team I like most in the NBA but take these rankings with a grain of salt. If the Heat meet either of these teams in the Playoffs, it would be Heat 4 Knicks 2 and Heat 4 Griz 3 at best.

As far as Amar'e for Pau, I seriously hope that the Lakers aren't stupid enough to take that trade. If they take Amar'e for Pau, I will give them a 2% chance at making it the finals. Amar'e won't be healthy enough to help the Lakers do anything when it matters.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #448
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Pau for Stoudemire in talks? Raja Bell interest? Didn't know Lakers were going for the 2008 Suns roster.
haha i know man! dam at this rate it will be, with howard and kobe!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #449
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

unlikely going to happen.

but, i'd like to have gasol. i'd throw in novak with that deal also for world peace.

dantoni can look like a pro again with his run n' gun break your legs 3 hitting offense.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #450
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
San Antonio Spurs sit Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili vs Miami Heat; David Stern vows punishment - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Stern vows punishment...really now? As of the start of the 4Q of this game, it's still pretty close and not a blow out. Would be nice if the Spurs actually won without their stars.

If Stern played the schedule the Spurs did, maybe he wouldn't say those things. 4 games in 5 nights on a non lock out season does seem a bit intense. Yes, they're paid to play, but come on.

xquizitditz
Closed Thread