Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #421
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
That should be a sticker for your Castro.

LIKE A BOSS!!!

haha.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #422
Sideways_blksr20
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
Sideways_blksr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Sideways_blksr20
Nice I never used my ebrake I was just kicking the clutch ,thanks for the advice it'll be great if u get in da car with me so u could tell me what I'm doin wrong , I wasn't goin that fat cause I was scared of the wall LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl2007 View Post
Its your welded spinning you to much.

I wouldn't clutch kick at Perri's for you yet.

I would either #1 shift lock, #2 quick-fast-violent faint, #3 Front brakes hard while pointing tires then Ebrake, #4 manji in it!
I dont see that many people going into the initial fast as they can. This is the momentum you need. I don't drift after i initiate. I am drifting super fast from the start then i slow down and or correct from going to fast. Dont use the Mustang i was using as advice. Way to slow.
If you want a crazy way... before clipping point come in super fast grab Ebrake for like 3 seconds while pointing tires the way you want to go then floor it, ease off so you dont get to much angle.
Eveyone is trying to get way to much angle. Just drift first then you will see.
If your coming in way fast and your like oh shit!!! Thats what you want.
I use to scare the shit out of myself coming in way hot! Thats why i am in 3rd gear.
I can show you. I will be there this Sat let me know if anyone wants!!
You will defiantly see a difference in your driving the 2nd go round.
Sideways_blksr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #423
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways_blksr20 View Post
Hey man I a blactop sr and am having problems most of the time when I kicked the clutch on the first turn I would spun out ,
Should I be using my ebrake instead of clutch

I think I'm ready to drift I have the car but don't know how to do it perfct

What I have in my car so far is
Megan track coilovers
Aftermarket tie rods
Welded
Strutbars
Wheels 235 45 17
U guys have any tip for me I know my car it's ready but I want to be ready too . LOL
This to me is the classic problem.
You've assumed you need to build a drift car, but dont know how to drift.
to other people, spend that SR and front end conversion money on about 20 track days.

You can clutch kick anything.
Its a matter of control.
The car has to much power for you.
Or at least the way you are driving.
No worries, I see the sickest built drift cars out there spinning cause the car was built before the skills were, lol.
I think it happens alot with the forums telling people they cant drift without this or that.

anyways,

just ease up on the throttle.
To much gas is what usually causes spin outs.
Standing on the gas after initiation keeps the tires in the rear spinning, and not getting any traction, so the weight of the car keeps rotating.

Are you trying to counter steer the wheel yourself?

Chas Moore gave me a good tip.
Let the steering wheel go once the car starts to rotate, and grab it when you want the car to set.
(set means stop rotating in drift terms, lol).

then you just get back on that gas.
Let up a bit as the car starts to over rotate.

Practice donuts and figure 8's.
But dont power over into your donuts, clutch kick or ebrake so you have to learn how to control a car.

my 2cents

BTW, Alot of the guys you see killing it out there started with really low HP cars like myself.
Cyrus in the Megan car started in a hachi.
Karl from 626 in the teal RB car started with a KA
626 Chuck was on a VLSD FOREVER!
So dont worry about building HP to start with.
Spend that money on the track.
You see how far a high HP car to learn on got Nick Hogan,
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #424
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Hey man I a blactop sr and am having problems most of the time when I kicked the clutch on the first turn I would spun out ,

You can still do it by clutch kicking but you might be counter steering too little or a little to late. Causing that spin out.

Clutch kick. Counter steer fast to catch that weight. Once u feel the catch simply gas it out and steer back accordingly. Expect a wide turn if your kicking it at top of 2nd.
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #425
Sideways_blksr20
Nissanaholic!

Nice I never used my ebrake I was just kicking the clutch ,thanks for the advice it'll be great if u get in da car with me so u could tell me what I'm doin wrong , I wasn't goin that fast cause I was scared of hitting the wall LOL
Quote:

I would either #1 shift lock, #2 quick-fast-violent faint, #3 Front brakes hard while pointing tires then Ebrake, #4 manji in it!
I dont see that many people going into the initial fast as they can. This is the momentum you need. I don't drift after i initiate. I am drifting super fast from the start then i slow down and or correct from going to fast. Dont use the Mustang i was using as advice. Way to slow.
If you want a crazy way... before clipping point come in super fast grab Ebrake for like 3 seconds while pointing tires the way you want to go then floor it, ease off so you dont get to much angle.
I use to scare the shit out of myself coming in way hot! Thats why i am in 3rd gear.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #426
zenkicookies
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
zenkicookies is on the path to ruinzenkicookies is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

What I have in my car so far is
Megan track coilovers
Aftermarket tie rods
Welded
Strutbars
Wheels 235 45 17
U guys have any tip for me I know my car it's ready but I want to be ready too . LOL
everyone pretty much covered the answer to this one... just remember. "Dont make the car a better drifter than you are". dont build a car ur not ready for, build yourself and make the car ready for you.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #427
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Thats why i say master 1st gear then 2nd then so on...
Gymkana is the best way to learn how to drift. Teaches you how
to control the car not the other way around.
Circles and 8s are the best way to learn.
Your not going to hit the wall coming at it. If you under steer grab the ebrake and your safe.
Iv seen 1.5 million dollar car loose by not grabbing the Ebreak..lol

I forgot this Sat is D1 in Anaheim. I might not be at Perris...
Sunday is El Torro Option is going to be there...etc...

Just drift a lot and you will get good.
Ryan
Riley
Enrique
JR
ETC
All started the same way...

xpl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #428
shman8

Trader Rating: (0)
shman8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds attractive
shman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #429
Sideways_blksr20
Nissanaholic!

Yeah i was trying to countersteer my self , also after da track my aligment was awful went to my mechanic and he said my inner rods were bad .am gonna try to go this week if not I'll be there next week for sure I really like this track and friendly people that goes there . Thanks guys
Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #430
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cfrost
Quote:

I dont see that many people going into the initial fast as they can.

I can't entirely agree with you on this advice...

-the whole "shift-lock" thing isn't ever needed enough to abuse your tranny like that (but it does make for good url's )
-a violent feint isn't going to help someone that already has issues with spinning
-if you're ebraking and standing on the brakes you're scrubbing too much speed and making the balance of the car too complicated
-for someone who is spinning... a manji with walls on any side probably isn't the best idea

It's not really worth trying to explain completely on a forum... I'd say have an instructor ride with you, have an instructor drive your car, then have an instructor ride with you again. It's important to see what someone else would do to learn

good luck

and remember.... don't blame the car!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #431
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
best thing to do is practice HARD
SHARKERIOcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #432
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKERIOcoupe View Post
best thing to do is practice HARD
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #433
l20bdime
Zilvia Member

l20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of light
^ wat colin said. Shift-lock? serious? dont do that. this track has a small runway, dont ebrake unless you have high power. Low power=clutch kick, ebrake just slows you down and u are right back at my original post.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #434
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm down, believe lots of people will go to D1 so I'll get good track time yooo..hoooo..

Last edited by drift2010; 04-28-2009 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: .
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #435
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland Drift View Post
Hello everyone,
This venue was made just because of our enthusiast and our love in drifting.
So once again... whether you're BEGINNER or ADVANCED, GOOD or BAD, SUCKS or EXPERTS, drifters...this place is for you to practice and master what you love to do...!!! The next practice day will be:

Friday 5/1/09
10am - 2pm -- Beginner session (2 section of donut and 1 section of figure 8)
3pm - Sundown -- Course Track

Saturday 5/2/09
10am - Sundown -- Course Track
is daily pass can be purchased on track or have to be prepaid?
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #436
newblood
Zilvia Junkie

newblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to newblood Send a message via MSN to newblood
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Chas Moore gave me a good tip.

are you fucking serious?

just clicked 3rd geeeeeearrrrrrrrr broooooooo
Old 04-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #437
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Don't worry. Hamburgers fix everything.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #438
240XTC
BANNED

^^^^^ ouch on blast...ha ha.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #439
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Like i said i shift lock more then the people grabbing there E Brakes.
My initiation doing so is not as good as an E Brake, but i fly right by the E Brake guy every time.

He was spinning to much so i say dont clutch kick just yet. With welded your fkd like most like to use, spin for the win.

My violent faint is not something you will loose and hit a wall its more just a real
fast left right let off gas for a second then go. Watch the primer 86 coupe hes on it.

Like i said practice. Everyone told me to grab E Brake back in the day i never did. Everyone also told me go to the track its way different. Its not. Its just legal. lol

CFrost your the man. Everyone has different styles...

To be honest. 2 words over anyone's.. DRIFT BIBLE! Still...

xpl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #440
240esux
Zilvia Junkie

240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 240esux
Quote:
Originally Posted by newblood View Post
are you fucking serious?

just clicked 3rd geeeeeearrrrrrrrr broooooooo

hahahahahahahahahahaha. funniest shit ive read all day!!!!!!!!! man your a jerk!!!!
240esux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #441
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to cfrost
all good

lets eat some cheeseburgers

Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 AM   #442
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
So it may be the only thing that Chas ever told anybody that was right.

But it works.
I have had to teach so many beginers over the last 2 years to let that wheel slide in their hand.
Harder than that is teaching rally drivers to let go of the wheel, lol.

E brake, you will still have plenty of speed, especially SR.
Im top of 2nd, ebrake, riding the wall and connecting the whole thing, single cam.
you dont need a feint at first, just a gentle turn in so the cars weight is transfering when you rip the brake
Old 04-29-2009, 02:23 AM   #443
newblood
Zilvia Junkie

newblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to newblood Send a message via MSN to newblood
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
So it may be the only thing that Chas ever told anybody that was right.

this statement is so true

i need this
Old 04-29-2009, 02:52 AM   #444
charlie321
Zilvia Addict

charlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfectioncharlie321 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to charlie321 Send a message via MSN to charlie321
i also run a stock single cam. i was having alot of fun at this track, more technical, something balcony at wsir didn't provide haha.

i initiated everytime using clutching and mad weight transfer. gotta love springs and shocks haha.

i've been on stock power drifting for over a year now, thats thanks to castro, him killing it with his sohc was my inspiration. i could understand if he has problems clutch kicking due to the fact that he runs stock tire pressure with his sohc, too gangsta for me!

i'm taking time to upgrade my car, so i'll be out there in a couple weeks hopefully. this time prepared with tires, heard i was making a ring of fire at the track lol. i usually am prepared, freaking i got pressured to go by my buddies. damn you all.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 AM   #445
dkwasherexd
Zilvia Addict

dkwasherexd is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dkwasherexd
quote xpl2007 "Like i said i shift lock more then the people grabbing there E Brakes.
My initiation doing so is not as good as an E Brake, but i fly right by the E Brake guy every time.

He was spinning to much so i say dont clutch kick just yet. With welded your fkd like most like to use, spin for the win.

My violent faint is not something you will loose and hit a wall its more just a real
fast left right let off gas for a second then go. Watch the primer 86 coupe hes on it.

Like i said practice. Everyone told me to grab E Brake back in the day i never did. Everyone also told me go to the track its way different. Its not. Its just legal. lol

CFrost your the man. Everyone has different styles...

To be honest. 2 words over anyone's.. DRIFT BIBLE! Still..."

I just dont see how you would shift lock on Lake perris track. The straight away is not long enough to build speed for third gear[unless you have alot of power] and locking into 2nd.. i dunno.. I gotta see it to believe it..

Its easier to just ebrake or clutch kick...

Im hungry right now, I could sure use some cheeseboigas.. if only there was some white castle around here... harold and kumar hyped i up!
dkwasherexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #446
junkyiv
Zilvia Junkie

junkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nice
WOW! I had no idea there were so many experienced instructors on this forum!

Hi Colin!
junkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #447
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
wow.
i think i'ld like to know all the techniques, why pick one..
thought when i tried to faint i nearly hit the wall

the ebrake was my best choice that day.

back to the drawing board.
SHARKERIOcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #448
ericcastro
Post Whore!

yeah, I started clutch kicking and learned the rest from there.
I usually combine a really fast feint with whichever technique I use.

Im usually just on the top of 2nd now days so I ebrake.
when I was greener, I wouldn't be going so fast so i could get a clutch kick.

Plus i like the instant angle that the ebrake brings out.
The clutch kick takes a second when my rpm's are maxed out.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #449
chohdog
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
chohdog will become famous soon enoughchohdog will become famous soon enoughchohdog will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Take a drift 101 class and graduate to 102, then I'm sure you'll be fine.

Everybody has different ways of doing things. What might be right for 1, may not be right for some, because it takes different strokes to rule the world.
chohdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #450
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chohdog View Post
What might be right for 1, may not be right for some, because it takes different strokes to rule the world.

i was just singing the Greatest American Hero song on the way to starbucks, lol. guess its an 80's sitcom day