Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #4621
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I agree about CVT being amazing, love it in my Versa and it does hold that RPM up there without trying and actually made the car feel faster than it really was. Problem was that the Versa is too damn weak LOL
Old 11-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #4622
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
How bout this? Faith restored.. Lets go rocket bunny!

HAHA you saved it! I think that's super sick!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #4623
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^^^ Looks BAWSSS!

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #4624
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When did Nissan hook up with Alpine?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #4625
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
The matte white Ben Sopra/RocketBunny IDX is on point.

Right click - Save As.

Can you give some love to the Freeflow IDX? I wanna see it an a cool color, slammed with wheels...

I know most of us here are crazy excited about this car, but I'm trying to get a sense of what the rest of the internet is saying/feeling about it. I feel like the net exploded as soon as the FT86 concept debuted... What's the vibe outside of Zilvia? Anybody talking about it on Facebook or whatever?

God, I love everything about this concept

simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #4626
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
The matte white Ben Sopra/RocketBunny IDX is on point.

Right click - Save As.

Can you give some love to the Freeflow IDX? I wanna see it an a cool color, slammed with wheels...

I know most of us here are crazy excited about this car, but I'm trying to get a sense of what the rest of the internet is saying/feeling about it. I feel like the net exploded as soon as the FT86 concept debuted... What's the vibe outside of Zilvia? Anybody talking about it on Facebook or whatever?

God, I love everything about this concept

From what I can gather is that it is receiving mixed reviews but the 2 510 forums I skimmed seems to be overwhelming hate.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #4627
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Someone throw the v1 S13 coupe front bumper on that rocket bunny IDx Nismo.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #4628
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Never thought I'd say this but this concept has potential. Definitely needs work on the roof/c-pillar region, and is a bit too tall for my tastes...

Please excuse my poor photoshop skills, but I attempted to modify Mel's design a bit with my own tweaks...

Original:
Old 11-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #4629
Baggy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Baggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Never thought I'd say this but this concept has potential. Definitely needs work on the roof/c-pillar region, and is a bit too tall for my tastes...
agree with the too tall part. it needs to be widened more and height cut down a bit. and smaller wheels probably biggest 18"

Love the fender mounted mirrors tho
Baggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #4630
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like that Rocket Bunny.

I also see a lot of the KPGC10 (?) in this car too.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #4631
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
From what I can gather is that it is receiving mixed reviews but the 2 510 forums I skimmed seems to be overwhelming hate.
Wow. Unexpected. Alot of ppl lack vision.

Links to said feedback?
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #4632
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
interesting tidbit from LA Auto Show. seems Kia is finally getting its RWD game on

2015 Kia K900 proves Korea's other brand has arrived - Autoblog

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #4633
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I like the Nissan concept. I hope the production model is nice and not completely botched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
interesting tidbit from LA Auto Show. seems Kia is finally getting its RWD game on

2015 Kia K900 proves Korea's other brand has arrived - Autoblog
I'm wondering if Hyundai will also roll out a Kia variant of the Genesis coupe.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #4634
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I'm wondering if Hyundai will also roll out a Kia variant of the Genesis coupe.
that was my initial thought as well. would be nice to see, especially since kia is building awesome looking cars as of late!

heres interesting tidbit #2 ive run across today. its a follow up from an article i posted quite a while back about the G getting a 4 cyl turbo...

Infiniti Q50 Gets New Mercedes-Sourced 211HP 2.0L Turbo Engine at the Guangzhou Motor Show - Carscoops

i wonder if this will cross over into any nissan branded cars in the next few years

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #4635
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Wow. Unexpected. Alot of ppl lack vision.

Links to said feedback?
Nissan IDx (new 510?) - General Discussion - Ratsun Forums

The 510 Realm - View topic - Nissan IDx 10 concept is the new 510/Bluebird Coupe
Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #4636
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
All this talk is interesting. We all forget one things. It's a concept. Like the person who posted the concept of the 350z who knows what the final product would look like. Based on current design language I would think it would be more roundish.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #4637
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

My favorite comment
Quote:
Matt Albertson said:
If the car had 4 inches chopped out of the middle and the halves mated, it would be much better. It looks like a f***ing box van with the squattiness! If you were going to desecrate a legend, you couldn’t do much worse. The entire front end looks taller than my D21 for Pete’s sake! So does the ass end! If the car were 6 inches wider, the proportions would be correct, and it might look like a shorter Challenger or something.

As it is now, it looks like ass! We all know the BRZ/FRS was the 240sx that never came, and now Nissan is offering this to compete with it? Seriously? Where is Teruo Uchino when you need him? I swear by all that’s holy, if Nissan keeps missing the mark, I’m going to start buying domestic! What was Nissan in the beginning? That’s right, the SMALL car company, not the 5 pounds of shit in a 10 pound bag company. The 510, the 620, the 720, even the D21 hardbody had pleasing features and nice lines. Since then it’s been the apocalypse.

Did I mention the new Titan with an awesome motor that’s due to come out? And what do they do there? They make the front end larger than a Chevy Silverado, with a 2 foot front overhang that will surely catch on every available rock in the ORV park, and looks hideously ugly to boot. It seems the “build up” philosophy has found it’s way into this new IDX whatever, as in, let’s not make it streamlined, lets just stack crap on top of crap with a big 6 inches of void to put a plastic panel in that serves no purpose. While we’re at it, let’s get that good crash rating and we’ll stick a nose on it half the length of the vehicle. In fact, let’s stick the front wheels about mid-vehicle, and leave nothing but nose ahead, and fill it with nerf foam. THERE’S A GOOD IDEA!!!

Seriously, Nissan needs to revisit the drawing table before they go green light with this box van with an angled roof. It is not attractive, it is not a 510, it is not something that will last or be desirable in the future in it’s current state. The BRZ/FRS is, take a cue from that. It actually looks pretty decent, and the proportions work well with the car. This IDX is no where near that level. Fix it. Please, for the love of God fix it or I’m selling my 510, my hardbodies, and buying a Mustang.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #4638
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I don't get all these jackasses that want nissan to make something more like the FRS/BRZ, if you want that car, go fucking buy it!!!!! I in no way shape or form want nissan to make an FRS with a Nissan badge on the front. I think most of the people complaining, asking for more of an FRS type car couldn't afford to buy one if it was turbo, made 400whp, had 0% financing and you could qualify with 0 down and a 500 credit score. Get the fuck over it, Nissan would be bad businessmen if they made a carbon copy of the FRS and the genesis coupe.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #4639
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
^ That Matt Albertson dude is butthurt. Yeah, sell all my Nissans and buy domestic, like that makes any fucking sense.

To me it seems like they took a little bit of various cars of the past and threw them all into this concept. I see the 510, CSP311 Silvia, C10 Skyline, and even a little bit of R35 GT-R.

I remember the aborted front end on the 350z prototype and they brought that around to a respectable level.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #4640
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'm not sure on how I feel about it. I do think it has some good potential though. But I think I will wait for a higher end car. If the new z is jank, I probably won't buy a new "sports" car for a while. It will be cool to see what people do with them though. Also I'm sure most of you know this already. I didn't read all the comments, been gone for a while. But 510 in roman numerals is DX. Kind of cool way to go about it, with out directly calling it a 510.

We all remember what the new GTR concept looked like, and when it came out it looked waay better. Even though people still think the new GTR is ugly. I don't think so, but lets hope the same happens with this dx concept.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #4641
conor14

conor14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know how I feel about it... I was expecting something different. I'm sure it will look nicer when it comes out
conor14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #4642
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I don't get all these jackasses that want nissan to make something more like the FRS/BRZ, if you want that car, go fucking buy it!!!!! I in no way shape or form want nissan to make an FRS with a Nissan badge on the front. I think most of the people complaining, asking for more of an FRS type car couldn't afford to buy one if it was turbo, made 400whp, had 0% financing and you could qualify with 0 down and a 500 credit score. Get the fuck over it, Nissan would be bad businessmen if they made a carbon copy of the FRS and the genesis coupe.
Because Toyota/Subaru made something like a silvia?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #4643
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The headlights on the Nismo concept resemble when people replace their pop-up headlamps with fog lights.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #4644
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Because Toyota/Subaru made something like a silvia?
^True that

Nissan is the company to makes good sports cars.. GTR, Zs, S-Chassis. So why would it be wrong for them not to make a good low price sports car. Are you honestly content with the current like up of cars Nissan has to offer? I mean a 370Z is cool but its not a car you would modify with other then wheels, suspension, and exhaust.

Im pretty sure most of us want a worthy low price car that would succeed the S-chassis. A car you wouldnt be afraid to tear down thats also with a huge aftermarket support. The FRS/BRZ market is exploding and honestly im pretty jealous that Nissan doesnt have anything to compete with.. or that the 370Z have a aftermarket following like the FRS does.
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #4645
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That Kia looks like someone put the headlight housings in sideways and turned the the lights to face forward.

EDIT
Perhaps the IDx is going to be Nissan's design style moving forward. They've been on the same basic look since the 350z at least. The Essence look is little more than a design tweak.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #4646
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Perhaps the IDx is going to be Nissan's design style moving forward. They've been on the same basic look since the 350z at least. The Essence look is little more than a design tweak.
That is a good point. All of their current models kind of look the same. I mean look at the Maxima/Altima/Sentra. I still think the concept is a little too retro to be production. But I I can see where the concept could go. It is starting to grow on me........
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #4647
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
You guys missed my point, I'm not saying nissan shouldn't make a compact, rwd, sports car with a price point that's entry level. But they come out with something and everyone is pissed because it doesn't look like a scion with a Nissan badge. I'm glad they made something that looks totally different from the FRS/BRZ and the genesis. Because anyone that wanted a car that looks like that and can afford one, has bought one, so a smart business choice is to make something that looks totally different to attrack the buyers that don't like the looks of those cars.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #4648
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
You guys missed my point, I'm not saying nissan shouldn't make a compact, rwd, sports car with a price point that's entry level. But they come out with something and everyone is pissed because it doesn't look like a scion with a Nissan badge. I'm glad they made something that looks totally different from the FRS/BRZ and the genesis. Because anyone that wanted a car that looks like that and can afford one, has bought one, so a smart business choice is to make something that looks totally different to attrack the buyers that don't like the looks of those cars.
IDK if they missed it so much as read what they wanted to read. I am sure if it looked like the FRS everyone would be freaking out about how its just a Nissan Badged FRS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #4649
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Who cares what it looks like. All I see is a new engine for my 240SX.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #4650
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Who cares what it looks like. All I see is a new engine for my 240SX.
I see someone trying to figure out how to mount them up to a standard manual real fast, if not for a swap but to get the CVT out of the IDX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote