Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #4681
90rick

Trader Rating: (0)
90rick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking My intro

Hey everybody!

Just registered to the forum, mainly for researching, and when the time is there, for advice and help. But first, let me introduce myself.

My name is Rick, I'm 23 years old and I live in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. My life started out as a dumb gamer kid who could never relate to cars in any way. All I saw was convenient machines with four wheels and a steering wheel.

It was when my brother (who is 10 years older than me) bought his first car when he was in his 20's. It was a Renault Megane Coupe, and he built the car mainly for shows. It was when he kept working on the car that I saw true passion and the fun he had building a car he wanted. Sure it was not fast, but it was a pretty known show car in The Netherlands and some regions of Belgium. I tagged along to meets and shows where I saw all the enthousiast, all pride of their show cars. That was when it hit me; cars can be more than just convenient machines, they reflect who you are.

Years passed on, the Coupe was sold and a new car was bought: a R33 GTST Skyline. More speed, and some exterior mods (which was already on the car when it got imported from Japan). He vinyl wrapped the car like Barricade from Transformers and is looking to increase the power output to approx. 500 bhp. It's a hobby and weekend cruiser for him, especially since he has a 1 year old taking all of his time haha.

Anyway, my first car was a Nissan Micra K10, my 1990. It was a bargain and it ran good for about a year, being 750 euros it was the cheapest car i've ever driven and had a lot of fun with it. Such cars however don't end up in a junkyard, they get cube'd right away, so most maintenance parts had to come new, which made the car too expensive after a little rock hit the radiator. Repair costs would have been 400 euro's, just as the tranny which had a crushed synchro. The car was nothing special, so it wasnt worth the money to get it fixed, other than it was a fun and economical car.

I have been thinking of buying a EK3 Civic as a second car when I kept stumbling upon the 280Z (S30). I'm stilling looking at the pro's and cons of getting myself a S30...

Pro's
- Unique, rare car
- Buying costs about the same as the EK3
- Personality that comes with the car
- It's just so f***ing awesome!!!
- Great hobby car until fully restored
- My girlfriend loves it just as much, which is a big plus, but my girl always fancied JDM (Evo's, Impreza's, that kind of JDM) and VAG (Mostly Audi S5, S3 and Golf 4 - current) over anything else, so you could say I'm a lucky guy!

Cons
- I don't have a garage or driveway to keep the car
- Budget, not working fulltime and still in school, so buying the car is not that much of a big deal, keeping it going, restoring it, that is what kills it for now
- I never restored a car (myself), and would like to with friends of mine.

So I'm pretty much thinking of buying a Civic with VTEC-E for economical driving, save up my money for the S30 when I'm going to live with my girlfriend and hopefully have the room for the S30. I wish I could get it sooner, but most S30's now are for restoring projects. I wouldn't mind getting a S30 that runs pretty good and is reliable, but since people here are more into Ferrari's, Lambo's and Mustang, the Z is pretty much laughed at sadly.

IF I where to get the S30 I'd pretty much get the original engine restored or buy a restored one, repaint it, reupholster the car and change the body slightly, as I found S30's with way nicer bodies than we have here. For example, sellers offer them with these bumpers:
http://www.dat280z.com/DSC00079.JPG

but I prefer this look:
http://www.classicdatsun.com/new/432flares-blue1.jpg

Hope to join the forum more actively soon!
90rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #4682
karina_paws
Leaky Injector

karina_paws is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I'm Karina Moreno and I live in SO CAL
I'm attending the University of California San Diego

I've had my s14 for about a year now.
I crashed it then rebuilt it and now its nice pearly white.

I drift occasionally and uhm, I like turtles
karina_paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #4683
Ni$$an302

Ni$$an302 is an unknown quantity at this point
F*** Yeah finally joined zilvia

Owned a obd1 95 s14 now a 89 fastback and yes i dont "drift"
Ni$$an302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #4684
Socal98s14

Socal98s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
New here

Name is Ricky just got a 1998 Nissan s14 3 days ago Green ATM gonna paint to a pearl white just installed new wheels and tires yesterday hope to have some fun I'm am from San Diego
Socal98s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #4685
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey there, I'm Josh from San Diego, bought my first car (a '90 240SX hatch) for 1600 back in February. I had no idea how to work on cars at ALL, not even an oil change, and a couple of weeks ago my buddy and I removed the whole transmission to replace the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate and I also replaced my alternator with an alternator from a '97 Nissan Quest! I'm loving it. My 240 has already been through a LOT of change. I love my 240.

P.S. I am such a newb; I have no idea how to start a thread (and yes, I searched "How to Start a Thread," and to my expectations, there were no threads on "how to start a thread" lol.
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #4686
nizmo_bro

nizmo_bro is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, I'm Dustin.
I've owned my 92 240sx for a few months now. Not doing a whole lot to it(engine wise at lease), as I want to have it as my daily driver. So you probably won't see me posting a build thread. I'll post pics and some info in the pics section.
Lately, I've had some issues with the car, so I've been scouring forums for info, thought I'd sign up here in case I need some opinions and help from multiple sources.
nizmo_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #4687
65stangchase

65stangchase is an unknown quantity at this point
In the right spot now! Names Chase. New here but not new to cars. Current is a 1965 mustang fully build 308 stroker motor. Love the way 240 s14 look and hoping to pick on up. Drag racing is not as fun as it used to be hoping to get into drift a little. Any ideas/ opinions are great as I'm still learning all the 4 cylinder craziness. Should also add I'm in the market for and s14 Kouki.
65stangchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #4688
SuicidalSnail69

SuicidalSnail69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everybody, i'm Andrew.
I thought it was about time to finally introduce myself after being a member of Zilvia for some time now, mainly for use as a technical resource. I purchased my first and current car about a year ago, a 89 champagne coupe which is partly stock with a rebuilt KA24E. I have always been very interested in many cars, so after purchasing my S13 it turned my interest into a passion. Currently i am taking a couple of automotive classes at a local community college, in hopes of some day earning my certificates/degree. I really enjoy working on and around Automobiles, and hope to one day make it my career. I enjoy owning my S-Chassis and look forward to hopefully meeting and communicating new people through Zilvia, So see you Guys/Gals around.
SuicidalSnail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #4689
Rockinthe4lug

Rockinthe4lug is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe Im in the right place this time. I was unaware that intro threads were the devil lol. Anyway, Im Evan. I just bought a 96 S14 Zenki.

Current mods are
Cold air intake (which is useless i know)
Straight pipe (cat-back)
Ebay coilovers
And some little things here and there
Rockinthe4lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #4690
Vinnysproject51

Vinnysproject51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Noob

Hi my names vinny just bought my first Nissan. It's was a friend of a friends incomplete project. I just sold my Acura rsx-s to pick up a 1989 s13 240sx ka24 5 speed. It needs a lot of love but its in good shape. I've been looking into either making it a road track car or a drift track car (yes everyone who owns a 240 wants to drift lol jk) but I don't know anything about nissans I just know a little about cars and trucks in general. I'd post a picture of it but we are not supposed to do so per thread rules. I'm calling it project 51 just FYI.
Vinnysproject51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #4691
chrissk8er999

chrissk8er999 is an unknown quantity at this point
My name is Christian I just got a 240 hatch, I need to finish the front end conversion so i'll have a sileighty (still runnin the KA), I'm in Sacramento, Ca. Interested in meeting other 240 owners and drifters in the area. Haven't actually drifted yet, but planning on getting into it.
chrissk8er999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #4692
mrcooper

mrcooper is an unknown quantity at this point
not new here, but dont post. been browsing for years here.

but im from md. have acoupe.
mrcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #4693
mrcooper

mrcooper is an unknown quantity at this point
oh yeah, names rob. been in the 240 ish for a few years. i hate hondas. yadda yadda
mrcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #4694
fishstix

fishstix is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 95 240, and no i don't drift it "dude." I may eventually but right now its my daily. I have owned mostly subarus so this rwd thing is fun and new. My cars current nick name is the Grease Bucket, previous owner ran a blown front main seal for two years. I'm not the greatest mechanic but i try.
fishstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #4695
Mayer

Mayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi!

Hello! My name is Mathieu Mayer, I'm 21 and I live in Ottawa. I'm buying a rps13 this year and I figured this would be the perfect place to learn more things about Nissan and share my experiences as I learn, it's going to be my first build!

I'm a diy type of guy, I'm looking forward to do everything on my own as much as possible without affecting the quality of the build, obviously for the sake of doing it properly there is some things that I'd rather have a professional do.

I'm here to make friends, no drama no bullshit.

Best regards, Mayer.
Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #4696
245sx

245sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys. I'm from Arkansas. About a hour and half away from Memphis, TN.

Went to traction optional's The Hangover and fell in love with drifting. Looking to do it eventually but got to do some work.

I have a 1990 240sx Hatchback 5 speed that's stock aside from radio, and wheels. I'm not sure where I want to go with the car yet, other than I'd like to drift. Right now the driver side window is messed up and I am trying to figure out what's up.
245sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #4697
240_less

240_less is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, my names keith and ive been clean for 3 months lol. But really, I'm not really new, I use to have a 93 hatch, wrecked it and got into mini trucks for a while. I picked up a 94 vert back in January and started coming back on this forum. I couldn't remember my screen name for the life of me and the email address I used back in the day is no longer active. Hence why I created a new name. Just thought I'd say hey an introduce my self.
240_less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #4698
scottep3

scottep3 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey im scott. i live in costa mesa CA. at the moment i drive a 2005 civic si. i love the car. i also have a 1986 pontiac grand am coupe that im trying to sell or trade. so let me kno if you want it. my plan is to get a s13 hatch within the next few months.
scottep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #4699
Galaxy _S14
Leaky Injector

Galaxy _S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
My name is darrell from memphis tn been into the honda scene for years... Got tired of hondas After my integra blew up freinds conviced me to get a 240 like them.. Bought a s14 Se for 400.. After driving it for a while said fuck hondas and now im here

Sent from my toaster Via taptalk
Galaxy _S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #4700
LoganDavenport
Leaky Injector

LoganDavenport is an unknown quantity at this point
New here from Texas!

Hey guys my name is Logan,
I daily a 2006 Chevrolet cobalt sedan, and my project car is a '96 s14 se, I have been drifting for about a year now and have been trying my best to learn and grow in the sport.

My plans for my car within the next two years are as follows,