Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #451
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
actually a guy in the uk gave me the idea that was swapping a vh45 into a gtr.... I had thought about a modular ford intake but for the deal i got on this one it was to good to pass up
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #452
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
dayum! i havent finished my VQ and now i wana do a v8 swap lol...lookz amazing
sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #453
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
got the materials...

Old 12-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #454
WYT R1CE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
WYT R1CE is making a name for him/her selfWYT R1CE is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WYT R1CE
That manifold looks nuts haha, I want to make a custom one soon, maybe once I go to boost it.

Glad to see you're still messing with the car!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #455
pandaroo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
pandaroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
who thought hmm... i think a Porsche manifold will work! i cant imagine how that was thought of lol. but looks sick none the least!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #456
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

made some progress...

Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #457
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

well I've measured and measured, and drawn diagrams, and gaskets and measured some more. it looks to be on point.

Final machining will be done today.

heres some pics

Old 12-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #458
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
awesome... it actually looks like it woudl sit higher but i dont know lol
Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #459
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

well the finished product is gonna be 10mm lower than that, its being milled down as we speak. I wanted to make it higher on purpose. From experience its much harder to add material than remove it.

It also looks really tall because there are no valve cover on the engine. In the end it should either be as tall or slightly shorter than the stock one.

We shall see
Old 12-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #460
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
lookin good dood
Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #461
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
yea. im loving the top feed injectors!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #462
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
What's the purpose of the Porsche intake swap? Just noodl'n around? Is it actually supposed to be worth some horsepower? Did you flow it vs the vh intake?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #463
slok6
Zilvia Member

slok6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jerry When you get this done will you produce a kit.. I really need one for my vh.. Let me know man! I am on v8nissans as well same name..
slok6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #464
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
What's the purpose of the Porsche intake swap? Just noodl'n around? Is it actually supposed to be worth some horsepower? Did you flow it vs the vh intake?
No i didn't flow it. I don't know for sure although i hope it will make some more hp up top. Having said that i will be doing a before and after dyno comparison.

reasons i did this...

1. bored
2. top feed fuel injectors
3. aesthetics / packaging.
4. cool factor

who knows... it might be an epic failure in the end haha.

and no i won't be producing a kit.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #465
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
No i didn't flow it. I don't know for sure although i hope it will make some more hp up top. Having said that i will be doing a before and after dyno comparison.

reasons i did this...

1. bored
2. top feed fuel injectors
3. aesthetics / packaging.
4. cool factor

who knows... it might be an epic failure in the end haha.

and no i won't be producing a kit.
Top feed injectors are a bonus. You can buy 8 top feed injectors meant for the v8 world for 1/3 the cost of anything meant for "imports", even if they are rated the same/look the same. It also looks like you'll be able to ditch at least a foot of intercooler piping... bonus. And plastic intakes usually weigh under 7 lbs, while most aluminum intakes weigh over 24 lbs... bonus. Being able to say that your Nissan swap is rocking a Porsche intake manifold/custom self-made adapters... Awesome!

Can't wait to see the new dyno sheets. I've got my fingers crossed for ya.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #466
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Just went through all 16 pages. Nice build
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #467
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

so today was a nice and chilly day, went to the dyno to get a base line before the intake... made EXACTLY the same power i did at 6.5 psi but at 9psi. It was pretty strange. The maf was pegging 5.114 volts after 5500 rpm and i was hitting 90 % duty cycles around the same rpm. I would think it should have made way more power, i tried throwing some timing, removing timing, leaning it out, riching it, nothing seemed to make any appreciable differences. any one have a thought.

Here is my 9psi dyno from today, this made with in 5 hp of what i made at 6.5 psi....

Old 12-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #468
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
... on the same dyno, I'm guessing?

If the MAF is pegged, what's the engine management using for fuel table? Did you have a wideband on it too?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #469
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

yea it was the same dyno.. im on nistune, i can tune real time with it..

heres the a/f/r from the dyno, my aem was reading the same in the exhaust, more or less.

heres the link to the data log as well if anyone is curious

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3VLdy04aUltMUE

Last edited by gsracer; 12-29-2011 at 08:32 AM..
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #470
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

back on topic... almost done..

Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #471
Dorifto Machine
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
Dorifto Machine is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
This swap is pure awesomeness. Looking forward to the end result!
Dorifto Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #472
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Here is the semifinished product. All thats left is massage (by hand) the ports for the injector indentation.

Its all bolted up here. I only messed up in i got the blind allen bolts slightly too long, ill exchange them tomorrow. They bottom out before going below the deck.

what a week....

Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #473
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Way cool. I love seeing stuff like this.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #474
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

well I'm one of those people that gets bored and looks for things to do and even though I'm still waiting on parts to finish.. i though id go ahead and bolt it in.

started with this..

then

and then

looking better already...

at this point i tried to stick on the manifold however no avail... it was hitting the lip on the firewall and the thermostat housing.

so i had to bang that in a bit. and remove the thermostat housing for now until i figure out what to do with it.

and low and behold here it is sitting on the engine all bolted in just waiting on a few details.....

and finally the bad news... hood hits, its hitting where the hood turns down on the vent, id say i need to space it up another 1/4 of an inch and trim the area around the vent... i can however force it closed as seen in this picture.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #475
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
That's pretty Dandy I must say

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #476
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I'd just trim it. I had to trim the vent of my BRS hood to clear the LS's throttle body, similar deal.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #477
tryangle
Zilvia Member

tryangle is an unknown quantity at this point
The hood would look boss perfectly notched out for the intake runners.
tryangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:11 AM   #478
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

yea thats what I'm gonna do.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #479
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
what are the fittings you used earlier on that looked like nickel plated aluminum? And the braided hose?
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #480
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This is so cool.