Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #451
jdmspooge
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
jdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Pretty stoked! Yesterday, picked up my 11" VTAC rail and got a 10% discount on all my Magpul parts from Quantico! Turners Outdoor store had a mad sale on Mags and all kinds of firearms. Picked up my cleaning set and some extra frog lube for my arsenal.
jdmspooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #452
LA Kings
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LA Kings is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nothing like the smell of coffee mixed with gunpowder in the morning

1888 Ithaca Double Barrel 12ga

Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga

M90-31 7.62x54R

Winchester Model 190 .22L

S&W Sigma Series SW40VE .40cal

Last edited by LA Kings; 11-26-2012 at 12:59 PM..
LA Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #453
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Really need to start saving money, to get me an AK, and AR. Prices are going up like crazy!
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #454
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Really need to start saving money, to get me an AK, and AR. Prices are going up like crazy!
Maybe in HI...
Black Friday sales were insane.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #455
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Maybe in HI...
Black Friday sales were insane.
Everything is always more expensive here. Sucks. Can't wait to leave.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #456
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Just ordered a Norinco m14, USGI bolt and Pro Mag Stock (I know its a knock off =/ tried to save up for a JAE but ended up buying a set of Wilwoods for the s14)

Christmas present to myself :3
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #457
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Anyone with a USP here? How do you like it what caliber do you have? Is it good for a starter pistok?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #458
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
If you have ~$1k to burn go for it. Personally I would go with a Glock 17/19 (purely parts availability) or a Sig sp2022 (good entry price but hard to find accessories)
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #459
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
Anyone with a USP here? How do you like it what caliber do you have? Is it good for a starter pistok?
There are so many good entry level guns these days. Best thing to do, is go to a shooting range, where you can try different guns. What works for one, may not work for another. Glock, Springfield, and Smith and Wesson, all make very good, well priced pistols. My first purchase was an XD-9, and I love that gun. Then I shot an M&P .22, and was blown away, at how good it felt in my hands. Ended up trading a Glock 21, for a .45 M&P, and couldn't be happier. I'd still want a Glock in my arsenal, but it's going to be a 17, or 19. I have small hands, so that affects which pistols feel right for me.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #460
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
9mm ar. Yhm upper..midwest Industries 15" free float vltor emod stock houge grip magpul vfg. Magpul flip up sights..vortex strikefire red dot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #461
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice! I've always wanted to build one of those.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #462
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Nice! I've always wanted to build one of those.
i debating on changing it to a Suppressed SBR, that would be FUN!!

Quote:

Quote:
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #463
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
i debating on changing it to a Suppressed SBR, that would be FUN!!
Two tax stamps, ugh...
Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #464
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Two tax stamps, ugh...
hence the debating part...lol

Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #465
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha...seriously. I could think of a few better things to buy with $400. Although supressed-SBR 9MM AR is drool-worthy
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #466
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Building my 7" 9mm ar right now. Suppressor will have to wait a couple more years, but gun should be done in a couple weeks, and my form1 sent out shortly after. I'll get pics up in a few days when things calm down.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #467
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings View Post
nothing like the smell of coffee mixed with gunpowder in the morning

1888 Ithaca Double Barrel 12ga

Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga

M90-31 7.62x54R

Winchester Model 190 .22L

S&W Sigma Series SW40VE .40cal
Loving the mosin. Just picked one up, waiting till my car is out of the garage so I can strip all the cosmoline off and paint her.))
Also just received my parts for my Marlin Camp 9.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #468
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Building my 7" 9mm ar right now. Suppressor will have to wait a couple more years, but gun should be done in a couple weeks, and my form1 sent out shortly after. I'll get pics up in a few days when things calm down.
Are you doing it as a trust or individual? Pm me if ur doing a trust I have some questions if u dont mind

Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #469
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
Are you doing it as a trust or individual? Pm me if ur doing a trust I have some questions if u dont mind
Trust is the easiest way. No LEO approval no hassles etc. You can put into it who can be in possession of it besides the trustess etc. The way mine is setup me and the wife are trustees, dad/mom/sister/Broinlaw etc all can possess it. Have to send in a copy of the trust in with the stamp forms. Also you will need to have the lower engraved etc for the owner of the weapon and location I no matter which way you register it (at least for a trust I did). Also I keep my actual stamp in a safe spot and a copy of it in the grip (Magpul Miad) figure I'd rather have someone question it and go get the original than potentially lose it.

Also, while you can build an upper that is under 16" you CANNOT place it legally onto the lower until you have the approved stamp back unless that lower is registered as a pistol with no butt stock. The minute you put a shorter upper on a lower with stock and no stamp for it, paper in process or not, your ass will be handed to you if you get caught. I remember the first time I went to range with mine people were like how the fuck do you own that legality etc etc. Whipped out my copy of my stamp and was like fuck off or call the ATF heres the number.

Keep in mind to that you cannot easily sell the lower itself after its been registered with the ATF. Unless of course you get it unregistered as a class 3 etc.

Also if your lower says cal multi on it list every damn caliber you will ever want to use that lower for on the form. Mine took about 6 weeks to get in albeit it was 2007 but totally worth it. This is just pure sex!

Last edited by niscur29; 12-15-2012 at 06:09 PM..
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #470
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
I bought my first AK 10 years ago for $190. Same POS WASRs are $550 these days.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #471
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

See if you can find a saiga AK style hunting rifle and convert it. I loved my converted saiga. Awesome gun made in the same facility as true military AK's and super cheap at the time. Should have the holes for the pistol grip in the body and you can score the conversion kits rather cheap.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #472
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niscur29 View Post
See if you can find a saiga AK style hunting rifle and convert it. I loved my converted saiga. Awesome gun made in the same facility as true military AK's and super cheap at the time. Should have the holes for the pistol grip in the body and you can score the conversion kits rather cheap.

It will cost just as much to have bought an Arsenal.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #473
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
It will cost just as much to have bought an Arsenal.
Not if you shop around...Buds has the rifle for $349. After shipping FFL etc should be around $400. You can piece together a good conversion kit relatively cheap. Mine was under 500 total but this was 2007-2008 when prices were still cheap. Hell I sold it face to face back down in FL in 09 for $600 fully converted with only about 3-400 rounds through it.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #474
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Not if you shop around...Buds has the rifle for $349. After shipping FFL etc should be around $400. You can piece together a good conversion kit relatively cheap. Mine was under 500 total but this was 2007-2008 when prices were still cheap. Hell I sold it face to face back down in FL in 09 for $600 fully converted with only about 3-400 rounds through it.
Are you talking about a pistol grip conversion or a full blown AK conversion?

I've always hated this crap -

You are looking at $200 for a parts kit. So $400 for a Saiga, $200+ for a parts kit... thats $600 and then you'll need conversion parts for US Regs - thats another $100 almost.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #475
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Are you talking about a pistol grip conversion or a full blown AK conversion?

I've always hated this crap -

You are looking at $200 for a parts kit. So $400 for a Saiga, $200+ for a parts kit... thats $600 and then you'll need conversion parts for US Regs - thats another $100 almost.
Either really, the saiga is made by MK via the same facility (Izhmash factory) process as a true russian ak. You could change the forward rail, flash suppressor etc. But while the picture above is the bare minimum once that's complete you have a true russian AK, as close to the real thing as possible minus some minor cosmetics you could choose to continue on etc. I was figuring in the US compliant parts into my conversion kit figure. Just make sure that whatever "kit" parts you buy are US made (most have them) to get under the 10 or less imported and you are good to go.

Arsenals are "pretty" AK's but $1000+ versus $650 tops is a no brainer to me.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #476
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Either really, the saiga is made by MK via the same facility (Izhmash factory) process as a true russian ak. You could change the forward rail, flash suppressor etc. But while the picture above is the bare minimum once that's complete you have a true russian AK, as close to the real thing as possible minus some minor cosmetics you could choose to continue on etc. I was figuring in the US compliant parts into my conversion kit figure. Just make sure that whatever "kit" parts you buy are US made (most have them) to get under the 10 or less imported and you are good to go.

Arsenals are "pretty" AK's but $1000+ versus $650 tops is a no brainer to me.
You realize the Arsenal USA units are Izhmash rifles, right? $825 warrantied factory rifle vs PITA $650 project gun = no brainer to me.

Regardless if your pissing away 7-bills there is only one real solution for an AK. Zastava. I converted a PPAP a few years ago, so pissed that they now have a fully converted one for $650. Amazing plantform. Serbs know whats up.

CAI Yugo Zastava AKM-47 PAP M70 rifle, 7.62x39 caliber, with pistol grip and wood stock.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #477
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

I didn't realize that the cheaper aresenals are basically striped and rebuilt saigas. I had always looked at their milled versions etc. That's the great thing about AK's you can build or buy complete just like AR's. I have built all of mine so I liked going that route.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #478
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I didn't realize that the cheaper aresenals are basically striped and rebuilt saigas. I had always looked at their milled versions etc. That's the great thing about AK's you can build or buy complete just like AR's. I have built all of mine so I liked going that route.
The milled units are Bulgarian ones I believe, which are also fantastic weapons, but pricy. If you want the feel and weight of a milled rifle but can't afford the price, the Zastava with it's bulged RPK receiver is the weigh to go. Everything on it is oversized, and thicker. The only downsize is the barrel is not chrome lined but good luck shooting that thing out.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #479
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Trust is the easiest way. No LEO approval no hassles etc. You can put into it who can be in possession of it besides the trustess etc. The way mine is setup me and the wife are trustees, dad/mom/sister/Broinlaw etc all can possess it. Have to send in a copy of the trust in with the stamp forms. Also you will need to have the lower engraved etc for the owner of the weapon and location I no matter which way you register it (at least for a trust I did). Also I keep my actual stamp in a safe spot and a copy of it in the grip (Magpul Miad) figure I'd rather have someone question it and go get the original than potentially lose it.

Also, while you can build an upper that is under 16" you CANNOT place it legally onto the lower until you have the approved stamp back unless that lower is registered as a pistol with no butt stock. The minute you put a shorter upper on a lower with stock and no stamp for it, paper in process or not, your ass will be handed to you if you get caught. I remember the first time I went to range with mine people were like how the fuck do you own that legality etc etc. Whipped out my copy of my stamp and was like fuck off or call the ATF heres the number.

Keep in mind to that you cannot easily sell the lower itself after its been registered with the ATF. Unless of course you get it unregistered as a class 3 etc.

Also if your lower says cal multi on it list every damn caliber you will ever want to use that lower for on the form. Mine took about 6 weeks to get in albeit it was 2007 but totally worth it. This is just pure sex!
I get all of that Great Info BTW.

My real question regarding the Trust is Taxes. If im understanding it correctly the Trust is the Entity (like a person or corporation). SO if i set up a Trust soley for the purposes of NFA, As long as i do not Sell any items that belong to the Trust, there will be NO taxes to remit to the governemnt come April 15th?? as in Zero Income for the trust.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #480
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Just thinking about it, I would think, depending on how you set it up, it would be no different if you personally sale items on this forum and choose to report the income on your taxes or not. My trust is setup as a revocable trust for firearms only and is very specific to that in the way it is written that me as the grantor/trustee etc have all profit/loss transferred to me JIC. Therefore if I actually sold my SBR, which for legal purposes is the bare lower only the upper stock/grip/trigger/barrel etc do not count. I would assume I would pass that income (whatever a lower goes for these days) to my tax return as required.

But in all honesty if you think you would ever consider selling a C3 weapon/suppressor etc then why consider purchasing one and go through the hassle of getting the forms, paying the stamp tax legalities of selling it etc, just to sell it for little to no profit. They are cool as shit to own, but I would never consider selling it as an SBR. I would rather deregister it, which would end my trust, then sell it seperately as an AR lower and Pistol Upper.

The great thing about the trust is that you can setup beneficiaries etc so that when I die, the gun can legally transfer to my son as he is a trustee once he turns 18 and would become the grantor etc. Technically the trust owns the firearm and the grantor manages the items and trustees etc can possess it so long as they are called out etc. As far as the ATF knows, my trust is the owner of the gun.