Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #451
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Put on the wheels this weekend. Very happy how it came out.

Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #452
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Completed an oil change for the first time on the E46 M3. What are your guys' methods to reset the maintenance alert on the dash? I reset mine and it now reads "inspection - 6,825 miles"

Shouldn't it be reading 15k miles?

Searched various forums and for some reason i can't pinpoint how it gets the "6,825"
Old 05-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #453
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
1995 540I 6spd i owned for awhile last year, one of 3203 made and the best $1200 car ive ever bought, shouldnt of sold it
looks good man, yea the e34 is a great car gives ya a lil bit of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Put on the wheels this weekend. Very happy how it came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Completed an oil change for the first time on the E46 M3. What are your guys' methods to reset the maintenance alert on the dash? I reset mine and it now reads "inspection - 6,825 miles"

Shouldn't it be reading 15k miles?

Searched various forums and for some reason i can't pinpoint how it gets the "6,825"
you should consider setting up a little laptop diagnostic setup, you can d/l the factory service programs theyre hosted by diff people/sites. Its a cheap, worthwhile investment.

search a couple of the big forums and youll start to understand what you need for your car.

for example I have an older winxp laptop w/ a native serial port that I run INPA on through the ADS plug inside the engine bay
Old 05-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #454
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Car looks very clean. Why did you only see the e30 once??
Got a good deal on it and sold it. Never even got to drive it.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #455
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone heading to bimmerfest tommorow in Fontana ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #456
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I was driving the opposite direction from bimmerfest on the 5 this weekend, I saw a bunch of cool stuff from across the highway. I picked up some new stuff for the M, I should have it all set up by wednesday…

Teaser pic:

gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #457
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
Anyone heading to bimmerfest tommorow in Fontana ?
I went. What a joke- for exactly the reason why I stopped going to Nissan shows.

Beer bottles everywhere, trash on the ground, overly-loud music and the smell of pot all over. Hipster douches with poor posture and inadequate vocabulary were the norm rather than the minority.

The majority of the cars were beat, either intentionally or because poor. Very few good paint jobs, especially on E30s and E36s. A surprising number of poor-condition E46s and E90s.

Millenials are destroying used cars and their respective cultures at an alarming rate.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #458
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

ahh thats a shame. at least there was weed

i cant stand hipsters or douche like behavior.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #459
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
haha love the first post

You can get an early gen X5 with a manual transmission from the factory, who else is doing that?!??!

only the peeps who when they need a work truck they make one out of a M car.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509914

That's my jam
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:03 PM   #460
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
new reeeems:

18x10 +25, 265/35 RS3 square set up with a 15mm spacer in the rear. shaved rear fenders.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:54 PM   #461
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Were you on Beverly blvd earlier ?
K'TOWN/ larchmont area

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #462
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Were you on Beverly blvd earlier ?
K'TOWN/ larchmont area
Haha yea, like 2 minutes before that picture was taken. That's the parking lot of the Ralph's on 3rd and La Brea. Were you in the e90?
Old 05-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #463
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

i thought I recognized that front lip
yeah I was in the e90 I turned left in front of you at wilton and Beverly.
you drove right passed my place.

your paint is eye catching.. I saw you a half a block down lol

very nice

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #464
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Haha cool. Yea I usually don't like flashy paint, but the LSB is really growing on me. I like it.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:08 PM   #465
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

I busted my lip spoiler off today. my car looked cool for a total of 2 days.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:58 PM   #466
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
So, random idea jumped into my head today: Somebody need to start making N54 swap kits for the Z3, older Z4 and E46's. I think an N54 powered E85 Z4 would be tits.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #467
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
So, random idea jumped into my head today: Somebody need to start making N54 swap kits for the Z3, older Z4 and E46's. I think an N54 powered E85 Z4 would be tits.

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/userc...c9c47adf95.png
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #468
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^You no likey?!? N54 + 6spd + E85 Z4 + Liberty Walk aero would get me pretty damn excited. Too bad the electronics/wiring is so damn complex that virtually no one even tries it...
Old 06-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #469
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
^^^You no likey?!? N54 + 6spd + E85 Z4 + Liberty Walk aero would get me pretty damn excited. Too bad the electronics/wiring is so damn complex that virtually no one even tries it...

The shear effort is not worth it.

I'd sooner put a LSX or 2JZ into it. Then at least I'd have a power train and electrical system I can trust.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:47 AM   #470
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
good idea just not really feasible at this current point in time without either an extremely open budget or a true understanding of how the on board electronics interact with the engine/harness.

I mean realistically for the money youre better off just buying a newer z4 w/ the N54 from the factory.

granted there are other differences between the e89 and the older z3/4 but at least you can go str8 into tuning and turbo work.

The way I feel about bmw engine swaps is since theres still a wall with newer models keep new in new and the older engines in anything E46 and older.

for how straightforward and cheap m50s boost and the accessibility of s52s and s54s its going to be awhile (or possibly not) till n54s wrestle their hold off the older stuff
Old 06-11-2015, 11:21 AM   #471
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Yeah, I get it. Just makes me wish somebody like Wiring Specialities or Chase Bays would take that on.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #472
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
^^^Yeah, I get it. Just makes me wish somebody like Wiring Specialities or Chase Bays would take that on.
Even putting a s54 into a E36 while it can be done and has been done is really a pain in the ass electrical wise. Oh and this was stated to me by the first guy to ever do it, who is a pretty reknowned BMW tech.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:19 AM   #473
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Its more so an issue with BMW, the way they coded their DMEs makes it very hard to crack.

It doesnt help either that the factory DMEs are more than capable of handling tuning solutions which makes the demand for standalones smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Even putting a s54 into a E36 while it can be done and has been done is really a pain in the ass electrical wise. Oh and this was stated to me by the first guy to ever do it, who is a pretty reknowned BMW tech.
Its great seeing the progress made on this swap though, you can at least now buy S54 E36 aftermarket parts and pnp harnesses are available.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #474
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

My dad picked up a new whip:

It's the N20 powered one. It's very cool, pretty fast. The transmission is awesome and the exhaust note sounds good. The seating position is so low and far back, it feels very different than the M3. He plans on getting a tune for it to boost it to 300ish hp. And he's buying my ZCP wheels off me to throw on it.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #475
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

i wonder what ever happened to the bmw 750il 2pac was shot in.

anybody knows what happens to cars in situations like that?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 PM   #476
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
i wonder what ever happened to the bmw 750il 2pac was shot in.

anybody knows what happens to cars in situations like that?

The car would go to the next of kin after the police release it as evidence if it wasn't deemed totaled.

Typically families have suck vehicles totaled and scrapped.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #477
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Suge owned it, i know that much.

ived googled but cant find an answer.. itd be awesome if it was at an art exibit or something. if only i knew the vin haha

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #478
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Suge was driving when it happened right?
Old 08-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #479
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Sure was. it was reported that is was his too.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #480
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Thought I could sneak in a coilover upgrade before summer ended, but sadly school payment comes first.

Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote