Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #451
J40sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
J40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
damn iam
liking the blue paint and
purple suspension misc. on the bottom
Old 04-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #452
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
are you still doing this out of a hobby shop?
Yep, still at the hobby shop. Maybe I will have a shop of my own to screw around in next year, but for right now, I am still working on what I will be doing career wise next year.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #453
Mycah Leonhart

Trader Rating: (0)
Mycah Leonhart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First I just wanna say that yes, you are building a dream car - only way in my eyes this could be better is if it was an S15 Varietta.

But please sir, PLEASE for the love of god do NOT use those tail lights.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #454
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
EXCELLENT!
The attention to details is awesome dude.
The painted sub frame look so rad.

This thing is coming together quick.
Keep up the good work boss.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #455
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
Holy Intercooler Batman! i remember looking at this thread a long time ago and lost where it was cause i never thought to look at it again and all i got to say is my hats off to you sir. great work.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #456
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycah Leonhart View Post
First I just wanna say that yes, you are building a dream car - only way in my eyes this could be better is if it was an S15 Varietta.

Those tail lights stay. The only difference in them will be that the dark chrome background in them is going to get changed to either match the car or be black. There are other options out there, but I don't really like them.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #457
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycah Leonhart View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Those tail lights stay. The only difference in them will be that the dark chrome background in them is going to get changed to either match the car or be black. There are other options out there, but I don't really like them.
lol... of course they stay.. dont mind him.. he is probably just confusing them with ..his local egay "EURO STYLE ACCORD?HONDA CIVIC LIGHTS" thats are all over the place in the US
...No,,, they are not the same thing..lol
so relax..those tails are just fine!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #458
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
That is 6061 Billet aluminum it is super reliable and the sandwiching idea works for stability and relaiability BUT the biggest advantage to it is the fact that it is removable. Now look at it closely and you will see that we cut pieces of metal to go with the Tension rod bracket surface area in order to attain a flat mounting spot. That is the primary reason for the sandwiching, Another point is the fact that the entire assembly is adjustable.

The bugns on the Radiator are for direct water feed from each turbine and two feeds from the Coolant Swirl pot that is part of the GT Head cooling modification outlined on the engine page at the beginning of this thread.
AHAHAHAHA i just look at pics. Car looks lovely, awesome color for exterior and subframe components. Get that thing out of okinawa though, no tracks down there.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #459
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jdFKNmVRT
this build is super crazy...

make me want to build another car.

keep up the good work
Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #460
TBL44

TBL44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick car man...definitely keep us updated and I look forward to following your progress!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #461
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
this is one of the best s15 ive ever seen!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #462
rps13sr20det
Leaky Injector

rps13sr20det is making a name for him/her selfrps13sr20det is making a name for him/her self
any updates on this?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #463
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
this car keeps egttin more rediculous everytiume i check this thread! SIIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKKKK! Ur making alot of people on here jealous!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #464
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sr20det View Post
any updates on this?
Not lately, I had to go and order parts. I am waiting on Nissan's slow ass to get me what I need to continue. Until then, I am just puttering around and will post up the results with the other stuff later on.

Ordered New Rims (They will be here in about 6 weeks). Rays Gram Lights 57S Pro 18X10 -12 and 18X10 -8 (5 Spoke Face) with the titanium coated lip. Talk about some expensive god damn rims. WTF OVER???

That is about it for now. I am getting ready to go on a trip for a few weeks so the next time I see anythign really getting done is June.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #465
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Holy crap this thread makes me happy in the pants. Respect for a quality/baller build up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #466
l2edken
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
l2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
beggin for updates
Old 05-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #467
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Come on man!! I wanna see more been almost 2 weeks.

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #468
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
Come on man!! I wanna see more been almost 2 weeks.

I am in Thailand right now, so I cannot really do much work to the car. I will be back at the end of the month and will get pics up ASAp.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #469
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
haha that was fast. MAN The land of the Thai!! ahh wow I miss those days. TDY to Thailand was like going in to dream world for a couple of weeks..

HAHA Take your time man... I would and I see why now no up dates and completely understand..

when you gonna become a premie?? you got a 5 star thread and I know you love S chassis... lol. throw 10 bucks on it and call it golden...

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
Old 05-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #470
tappy-s15

tappy-s15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
For the Past week I have been working on my subframe and Crossmember. A complete PITA with little or no return other than aesthetic. However, After Using a Combination of PAint Stripper (The same stuff I used to strip my car) to remove paint, Pain thiner to clean and Naval Jelly to remove rust with a Die Grinder and wire wheel attachment I was able to finally get them read to go. This is what the subframe looked like as I started.

I decided to play around with some silver paint that I picked up at the hardware store and paint the crossmember with it as kind of a base coat before I put the permanent color on there. I also painted the subframe with it but had to remove it to fix little imperfections in my prep work that were irritating me.

Once this was complete a friend of mine laid a nice coat of metallic purple that he mixed up followed by another coat and a few coats of clear. I thought the results were nice.

I also got the suspension arms from NAMS (Nagisa Auto Motorsports) this week, which include Fender Braces, Front Lower Control Arms, Rear Lower Control Arms, Tension Rods, Traction Rods, Toe Rods, Rear Upper Control Arms. They are kinda blingy but they are also pretty high quality and should be just fine under the stresses of whatever kind of driving I am doing.
hey mate,

love what you doing with the car, i am currently looking at doing the same with me s15 in the future but have an rb26/30 setup and an awd conversion, just wondering what cross member you are using to get the rb into the 15.

cheers tappy!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #471
shaolinman99

shaolinman99 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude... sex.. thats all
Old 05-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #472
Entry Speed
Leaky Injector

Entry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really nice
+1 rep for attention to detail!

I love the color of the exterior, and the front undercarriage looks great.

Totally fucking awesome!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #473
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
dude, clean, updates please!

Review Thread
Old 05-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #474
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappy-s15 View Post
hey mate,

love what you doing with the car, i am currently looking at doing the same with me s15 in the future but have an rb26/30 setup and an awd conversion, just wondering what cross member you are using to get the rb into the 15.

cheers tappy!
Using C34 Laurel Front Crossmember.

Updates coming soon, when I get back from Thailand, although I do not want to leave (23rd time here and I love it each time).
Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #475
rcabrita

rcabrita is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rcabrita
Angry Grrr...

Quote:
Finished up some more work today. The car is getting masked off right now in preparation for the next stage in the paint work. Meanwhile, I painted the diff pumpkin and polished the diff cover, got the subframe bushings put into the subframe and modified the bumper with two Billion Carbon ducts just to get some extra air flow through the intercooler and to add a touch of originality. Pics Below as usual.
OK now I am getting mad! I have been scrubbing away at my diff cover for days and WTF. It still isnt dirt free, never mind shiney!
HOW and WHAT applies to my next question.
Explain... or less

Last edited by rcabrita; 05-21-2008 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Subscribeing
Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 AM   #476
shrimpscampi
Leaky Injector

shrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura about
[quote =

[/quote]

Impressive...
Old 05-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #477
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabrita View Post
OK now I am getting mad! I have been scrubbing away at my diff cover for days and WTF. It still isnt dirt free, never mind shiney!
Explain... or less
Sanding and then polishing, lower to higher grit, and then buff the shit.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #478
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Explain... or less
clean it with some degreaser that should get rid of any oil that might be in the pits.

unionautoclub.com
Old 05-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #479
rcabrita

rcabrita is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rcabrita
Thanks for the info.
Sorry for the thread jack

The sanding processes will begin this weekend
:evil laugh:

This thread looks sick! I have been going from page to page. And now my key board is sticky =/
Old 05-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #480
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Sorry for the thread jack

The sanding processes will begin this weekend
:evil laugh:

This thread looks sick! I have been going from page to page. And now my key board is sticky =/
more detail.

if its got deeper pits, start with 220, work you're way up to 1500-2000. then buff.

no pitting - start at 400 grit, work your way up to 1500-2000.

when you hit 1000 grit, start wetsanding with a 50/50 mix of water and dish soap. Helps keep the paper clean and provides good lubrication