Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #451
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessrob View Post
i know i dont have any vids of myself, nieko may have one... idk. its pretty much the same thing as the one he already posted but with less angle and more ebrake lol. sometimes double or even triple ebraking lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
why so funny??

It is what it is.... and Im over it.

I didnt get on for a day and didnt see what was going on so I had to post my last comment but its done.
because crazyrob is a stupid and reckless driver....
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #452
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I gotta practice more left foot braking. That and get a seat, because in stock seats, there's no way I can position myself to consistently left foot brake, lol.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #453
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
because crazyrob is a stupid and reckless driver....
lol. you goin to irwindale? Im gonna try to make it with Gabes14 if you know who he is. hopefully we could all meet up, I can get us in to the after party too.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

Just got my Ksport hydraulic ebrake

Drew

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #454
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
left foot braking is hard to get used to because it goes against everything you've ever learned about driving a car lol

you know...when you are just normal driving and you try using your left foot to press the brake to slow down...and your foot just smashes it down and you stop real suddenly haha

takes some getting used to for sure..
Old 08-21-2010, 04:50 AM   #455
recklessrob

Trader Rating: (0)
recklessrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotavia View Post
are you talking to me? hope not...because your talking about speeding up and upshifting/clutch kicking and im talking about ebraking/slowing down
no he means another mike lol.

daily driving a fwd like a boss=great left foot braking practice.
recklessrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #456
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I don't think I ever used left foot braking.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #457
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I don't think I ever used left foot braking.
it's not that necessary on balcony. Or in a KA. Mostly to slow the car down while keeping wheel speed up.....

i only use it while tandem, if i'm starting to get too close for my own comfort, apply a little brake without letting off the gas, and it'll give you another couple inches of distance...

but don't mash it....you'll brake check the fuck out of yourself.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #458
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
yeah, the moment of retardation when you try to lightly touch the brake and you jam the pedal to the floor haha.....
Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #459
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I can barely right foot brake my car w/o brake checking myself. random thought.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #460
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotavia View Post
yeah, the moment of retardation when you try to lightly touch the brake and you jam the pedal to the floor haha.....
It takes a while and a lot of practice to be able to feather the throttle with your left foot. Took me a couple of months to not mash down on the brakes, lol. Now I can cruise in traffic using my left foot to both throttle and brake, haha.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #461
recklessrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
It takes a while and a lot of practice to be able to feather the throttle with your left foot. Took me a couple of months to not mash down on the brakes, lol. Now I can cruise in traffic using my left foot to both throttle and brake, haha.
left foot throttling?!?!?!??!!! in-tents!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #462
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Totally. After long drives, my right foot gets tired, lmao

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #463
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Totally. After long drives, my right foot gets tired, lmao
Mine did too, I love having cruise control in my z, feels great being able to just keep my legs bent or extended.without having to hit the pedals sometimes at all.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #464
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
yokotovia you totally didn't understand what i was saying i guess......

left foot braking is VERY necessary at times...

That guy i was talking to was using it to initiate. That is why i said it is not necessary.
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #465
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

braking to initiate is not necessary. You can always e-brake or scandinavian flick it into a corner.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #466
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

oh ok. i thought you were talking about in general braking/ebraking wasnt needed.

my bad, i understand now.

haha
Old 08-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #467
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

so I have some questions for the more experienced of drivers.....when in tandem, just like aiming for a cone to hit a clipping point, do you guys aim for a body part on a car, or do you feel it out. I tend to keep my eye between the rear tire and the door panel, but I know some of you guys are super legit, and like to put tire marks on the oposing car.....

my questions is one...what do you aim for when tandeming,
and two....how do you compensate your line since you are having to drive more shallow, or more wide, just to keep with the other driver?

aaaaaaaaand.....how do you "catch up" when a car length or two behind. I've always thought about less wheel spin to catch up, but i'm a ka, but still really curious about the more powerful guys...like do you take a different line, ....i dont' know...make sense out of my nonsense.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #468
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
jeez its been awhile since ive been on this thread... yeah still havent drifted my car yet cuz of the slow engine build.. but its almost done..i hope i can actually get to do this for once. cant wait ! i definitely have learned some things on this thread.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #469
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

when i tandem i aim to put my headlights even with where his door meets his front fenders.

adjusting your line is all about braking and/or clutch kicking(or pushing the gas pedal if you have real power)

and catching up with the other driver really makes a difference when you try to keep the car not as sideways in those few seconds so you'll have more foward motion and but obviously you want to keep the tires spinning and still be a little sideways lol

back to adjusting your line...alot of ways to make the car react in a certain way.
this is what I'd do in the following situations...

-while tandeming the guy in front slows down alot extremely suddenly: ebrake with footbrake at the same time to stay off him

-while tandeming the guy in front slows down a little but your coming in way to hot and about to hit him: left foot brake and keep on the throttle

-while tandeming he goes really wide: let off the gas a bit and steer accordingly

-while tandeming he goes really shallow while slowing down a bit: leftfoot brake alot and floor it

this is what I WOULD DO in these random situations that happen while tandeming but...everyone is different so you just mainly have to feel it out
Old 09-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #470
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

so that I know your driving style with your car, could you please post specs. and which track you are driving?

great info too!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #471
recklessrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
so that I know your driving style with your car, could you please post specs. and which track you are driving?

great info too!!!!
and video if possible
Old 09-03-2010, 04:16 AM   #472
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
rule #1. balls out!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #473
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
^lol.

I drive a single cam, so i dont have a lot of adjustment power.

So I have to start on thier bumper at inititation, transfer just before they do, and be on the gas to keep up.

So I usually aim for the rear bumper corner that is closest to me.
If I aim for the door, i will not have the power to stay tight when i get pinched on the inside, or have to back out for transition.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #474
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
^lol.

I drive a single cam, so i dont have a lot of adjustment power.

So I have to start on thier bumper at inititation, transfer just before they do, and be on the gas to keep up.

So I usually aim for the rear bumper corner that is closest to me.
If I aim for the door, i will not have the power to stay tight when i get pinched on the inside, or have to back out for transition.

yeah I have came into those scenarios, and us underpowered guys don't have any advantage...i just clutch in, and hopefully that'll slow me down just a hair...braking usually seperates the gap by a foot or two...from my experience.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #475
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
How do you go about pressing the brakes, when coming in hott from a transition into a sharp corner? I find myself forgetting to press brakes every run. And I think this is the reason for me spinning most of the time one this on turn specifically....
Old 09-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #476
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat411kid View Post
How do you go about pressing the brakes, when coming in hott from a transition into a sharp corner? I find myself forgetting to press brakes every run. And I think this is the reason for me spinning most of the time one this on turn specifically....
I usually try applying down force with my foot.......

ok..ok..just kidding..it's a valid question..
Old 09-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #477
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat411kid View Post
your question is very vague...

if you are just trying to control the transition...(if downshifting) I'll clutch in, and brake while shifting, and once it's engaged, that's usually enough time for the car to settle.

same gear on throttle: stay on the gas, when the car is starting to transition...just tap the brake (with left foot while still on gas)...not lightly...not hard....just a good 50% love tap...usually settles the car.

In tandem: If you are coming in hott, and the guy is going toooo slow....clutch in, brake, and e-brake until you are at a good speed, let off the brake and get on the gas...right when you let off the brake, you should be releasing the e-brake...and get back on the gas.

I used this with cody...one of the MULSANNE guys...when he upped his power significantly, I told him to rest his foot on the brake (left foot...)..everytime he felt his crazy boost kick on, i told him to apply a little pressure...you can do this during drift, or transition...it helps distribute weight and power smoothly. (if i'm making sense). and once he was used to the response...he used it less and less. I now hear he drives that thing like a boss! Hope this helps.

and for the future Q's...please...track, entry speed, car, power, and setup will answer some of these questions easier and more thoroughly than what i'm spewing out.

and obviously...everyones driving is different...dont' "just" listen to me.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #478
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thank you...This makes sense^^ Will have to start practicing left foot braking..
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #479
yeti303
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
yeti303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
my entries start with constant wheel spin, start out high rev 1st, throw in 2nd shift into 3rd with a clutch kick and u get entrys like this

Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #480
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti303 View Post
my entries start with constant wheel spin, start out high rev 1st, throw in 2nd shift into 3rd with a clutch kick and u get entrys like this

ahh....so that's how you enter into a turn to get that hatch open...i've seen people do it...just never knew it was a skill. haha jk.

great photo...specs?