Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #481
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by niscur29 View Post
I would rather deregister it, which would end my trust, then sell it seperately as an AR lower and Pistol Upper.
I'm not sure that is possible. If you are building it, you wil have to have your information etched into it. My understanding is - Once Class 3 - always Class 3.

Once a receiver is marked "SBR" it will always be a "SBR" regardless if you transform it into a Pistol or Rifle again. It's just a "SBR" without a stock, or a "SBR" with a 16" barrel.

If you are trying to build a M4 clone, just get a 14.5" barrel with the Flash-Hider pinned on. It brings the total length to 16" and makes you a fully legal rifle with the shorter barrel.

Ugh, enough of this AR talk. I can't stand the system, my PSA M4 fails to extract at least 1 in every 100 rounds.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #482
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
You can "unregister" is as an SBR but it doesnt come off the "LIST". You have to contact the ATF notify its no longer an SBR, mail back stamp etc. You dont have to mark/identify the firearm "SBR" in anyway shape or form. You have to mark the weapon with the owner/location etc. The new owner would of course have a lower with the previous owners name/location but they dont have to go through the hassle with stamps.

An M4 clone still isnt as bad ass an a true SBR. I love my 10.5 with the noveske flash hider on it. I loud as hell, huge flash out the front on occasion, and is generally just bad ass. Would love to do a 7.5" 22lr conversion next. But CC is tops on my list once Im back to FL.

Can't stand the AR system!? I have owned several types of uppers/lowers in various configs and have literally never had a single problem with any of them. Tell you what though im shocked at the prices of these things now accessories and mags included. All my stuff was pre obama and while prices were high they were nothing like this now.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #483
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Can't stand the AR system!? I have owned several types of uppers/lowers in various configs and have literally never had a single problem with any of them. Tell you what though im shocked at the prices of these things now accessories and mags included. All my stuff was pre obama and while prices were high they were nothing like this now.
AR Prices are in the toilet last I saw. I built the PSA M4 with S&W lower for $500 last Thanksgiving. Picked up a pile of mags for $5-10 each (some magpul, some metal).

AK prices are through the roof however. 10 years ago I paid $180 for a WASR from Duhams, $80 for a Mosin, $100 for a Yugo-SKS and even had two Chinese SKSs I Paid $200 for (together).

Now WASRs are +$550, kits are are over $300, and everything else has doubled in price. I bought my first AK-74 mags, 4 brownies with polish pouch, for $15.99 shipped. I don't think you can buy one for that these days!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #484
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Nothing special.

Duty issued:

Bushmaster AR15
Glock 21

Personal:

DPMS AR15
Glock 22 (former LEO)
Mossberg 12 gauge

I like the AR platform and I am looking at building a 300blk AR.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #485
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #486
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ah the judge....i need me one of them. make it two.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #487
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
AR lower shipping to my FFL today, good to know I'll at least have one AR by the time the Obama "assault rifle" ban begins. Picked up a New Frontier Armory LW-15, polymer lower for $124 shipped also picked up 10 Magpul Pmags from Brownells for $99.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #488
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
AR lower shipping to my FFL today, good to know I'll at least have one AR by the time the Obama "assault rifle" ban begins. Picked up a New Frontier Armory LW-15, polymer lower for $124 shipped also picked up 10 Magpul Pmags from Brownells for $99.
Ohhhhhh might pick one up. Thats a good price.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #489
Corbic
Post Whore!

Anyone know what a good price is for a vinage revolver? I was thinking of picking up a 50's or 60's deal, 38, 44, 357 - no care, but I was wondering if there is anything that is out there in the sub $300 range.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #490
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Anyone know what a good price is for a vinage revolver? I was thinking of picking up a 50's or 60's deal, 38, 44, 357 - no care, but I was wondering if there is anything that is out there in the sub $300 range.
Pawn Shops. Unless we are talking 1850's 60's. But that's a whole nother price range. 1950/60's stuff is just old "Junk" in their mind. Easy to get stuff in the 100-300 range.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #491
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
I seriously doubt they can pass an "assault rifle" ban. They might succeed with the high capacity mag ban though.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #492
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been looking to get my first handgun for a few months, now that I have graduated and have a job. I go shooting about 5 times a year, so I am somewhat familiar with guns and shooting, but I probably couldn't field strip one.

Anyway, I am going shooting at a range in a week or so to rent out some pistols before I chose to buy one, I have hated some pistols I have shot so don't want to waste money.

My question is this, does anybody have a good recommendation for a starter pistol they could add to my list of guns to try? I do not look to conceal carry, prefer 9mm and barrel length close to 5" or something touted for its accuracy.

My list so far:
-SW M&P
-Sig P226
-Glock G17?

Thanks for you help
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #493
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I have been looking to get my first handgun for a few months, now that I have graduated and have a job. I go shooting about 5 times a year, so I am somewhat familiar with guns and shooting, but I probably couldn't field strip one.

Anyway, I am going shooting at a range in a week or so to rent out some pistols before I chose to buy one, I have hated some pistols I have shot so don't want to waste money.

My question is this, does anybody have a good recommendation for a starter pistol they could add to my list of guns to try? I do not look to conceal carry, prefer 9mm and barrel length close to 5" or something touted for its accuracy.

My list so far:
-SW M&P
-Sig P226
-Glock G17?

Thanks for you help
I have a springfield XD 9mm love it feels very comfortable in hands and i think it is pretty accurate
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #494
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
I seriously doubt they can pass an "assault rifle" ban. They might succeed with the high capacity mag ban though.
They could easily pass a ban just like the previous one.....everyone who has one up to that initiation date is grandfathered nothing can be bought new afterwards and the used market for preban weapons goes through the roof. I wouldnt put anything past our government. You could see, new regulations for ownership/mag size/fixed stocks/nothing black/etc etc etc. "Oh that new medicare bill the republicans wanted to pass through well the dems added in this little section on AWB/gun laws that was the catalyst for the across the aisle approval."

Of course you could always see it at the state level first. Certain items banned out right. Black guns, "M-16 style replicas including AR15's, AK47" and on and on and on.

While I am an avid 2nd amendment advocate, our laws are so weak its ridiculous. Take FL for instance pistol without CCW is 3 day wait rifle is immediate. Dealer calls state, gives name/social (I think), states rifle or pistol and immediately yes or no. Paperwork does not list model/serial/color/type etc etc. No record of who owns what all they know is rifle or pistol. Dealer keeps paperwork on file, nothing is mailed to state and congrats you just bought a weapon and can go on a rampage with your legally purchased gun. Hell I and others have sold several firearms via the back of my pickup truck in public with nothing more than a bill of sale, and either a copy of their license or at least writing down the number. State doesnt know who I sold it to blah blah. CCW in florida is also a joke, you can go take a class at a gun show, never actually fire a weapon or have any training on the right way etc, get your paperwork approved and a few weeks later congrats you can start carrying.

Like I said, I love my guns and my rights to own them but current laws flat out blow. Yes we should all be able to legally possess any type of firearm on the planet that is "legal" regardless of magazine size, replica of, color, style etc. As gun safety ultimately lies with the owner and how he/she handles themselves with the weapons and teaches other about them. But there needs to be more control on the actual purchase and registration of the weapons. And I think in the end that's what you will see.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #495
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post

My list so far:
-SW M&P
-Sig P226
-Glock G17?

Thanks for you help
1911 seriously. I have shot them all. Glock, XD, M&P owned sigs, FN's, s&w's etc. Only one I have left is my 1911. Absolutely a tack driver, heavy (all metal no poly), low recoil, awesome trigger, tons of aftermarket etc etc. You can get them in other caliber's besides 45acp. My CCW is probably going to be some form of a compact 1911 in 9mm once I get my shit processed.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #496
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Thanks, I will look those up when Buds gets back online, if ever??
Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #497
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
They could easily pass a ban just like the previous one.....everyone who has one up to that initiation date is grandfathered nothing can be bought new afterwards and the used market for preban weapons goes through the roof. I wouldnt put anything past our government. You could see, new regulations for ownership/mag size/fixed stocks/nothing black/etc etc etc. "Oh that new medicare bill the republicans wanted to pass through well the dems added in this little section on AWB/gun laws that was the catalyst for the across the aisle approval."

Of course you could always see it at the state level first. Certain items banned out right. Black guns, "M-16 style replicas including AR15's, AK47" and on and on and on.

While I am an avid 2nd amendment advocate, our laws are so weak its ridiculous. Take FL for instance pistol without CCW is 3 day wait rifle is immediate. Dealer calls state, gives name/social (I think), states rifle or pistol and immediately yes or no. Paperwork does not list model/serial/color/type etc etc. No record of who owns what all they know is rifle or pistol. Dealer keeps paperwork on file, nothing is mailed to state and congrats you just bought a weapon and can go on a rampage with your legally purchased gun. Hell I and others have sold several firearms via the back of my pickup truck in public with nothing more than a bill of sale, and either a copy of their license or at least writing down the number. State doesnt know who I sold it to blah blah. CCW in florida is also a joke, you can go take a class at a gun show, never actually fire a weapon or have any training on the right way etc, get your paperwork approved and a few weeks later congrats you can start carrying.

Like I said, I love my guns and my rights to own them but current laws flat out blow. Yes we should all be able to legally possess any type of firearm on the planet that is "legal" regardless of magazine size, replica of, color, style etc. As gun safety ultimately lies with the owner and how he/she handles themselves with the weapons and teaches other about them. But there needs to be more control on the actual purchase and registration of the weapons. And I think in the end that's what you will see.
I say the AWB won't pass because it does not have the votes. A ban on High cap mags do.

See High-Capacity Magazines Targeted By Democrats In New Gun Control Push

Even some republicans are on board.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #498
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

I think some Democrats (not all) have wisen up from the 90s and realize that a gun ban on aesthetics is asinine and will focus on functionality and tracking. Hence limiting round capacity, waiting periods and better national registration.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #499
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I think some Democrats (not all) have wisen up from the 90s and realize that a gun ban on aesthetics is asinine and will focus on functionality and tracking. Hence limiting round capacity, waiting periods and better national registration.
I agree 100% a lock down on registration/tracking for sure and hi-cap mags. You just gotta wonder, with all of these horrible events involving a damn "AR15 .223 caliber assault rifle", could a ban on both the rifle and ammo be forthcoming just based on it makes a point that "hey see we have banned them now"

<---Goes to order as many hi cap mags as I can!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #500
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I agree 100% a lock down on registration/tracking for sure and hi-cap mags. You just gotta wonder, with all of these horrible events involving a damn "AR15 .223 caliber assault rifle", could a ban on both the rifle and ammo be forthcoming just based on it makes a point that "hey see we have banned them now"

<---Goes to order as many hi cap mags as I can!
I don't really see them being able to ban high velocity rounds like 7.62 and .223 simply because it severely steps on sports shooters and hunters toes. The amount of US homicides with those type of ammo is laughable small too.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #501
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
They can't make any legislation till the new session in January.
They do need to agree on a new budget by the end of the month.
This is to convenient for them to avoid the job they should be doing. Hello Fiscal cliff.

Manufactures and distributors have gotten smart since the last ban. They have warehouse's filled with Hi-Cap magazines and the like. Stockpiled for the next one. Fed can only really stop the manufacture. Since these are already on the shelf they are grandfathered.

Far as banning certain ammo. You run into the problem of hunters being required in some states to use at least .30 cal for medium and big game. 7.62x39 fits the bill and that's why you see a lot of AK Hunting Riffles.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #502
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
It's irritating when people refer to assault rifles, thinking that it means fully automatic. Anyhow I'm pretty sure that in light of the recent shootings, hi cap mags will be banned.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #503
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i dont know how to feel about the media getting specific with manufacturers as if it adds some kind of sinister overtone. I know it doesnt really bring bad publicity to the manufacturer in terms of the educated consumer, but the people who are quick to find somebody to point the finger at are who annoy me. Im sure Sig and Bushmaster already have suits filed against them by some of the victims families. The manufacturer holds absolutely ZERO responsibility in any incident that their arms happen to be involved in but, the public has no concept of this fact and are lightning fast to ridicule us. that shooting was a horrible tragedy and that goes without saying. I only bring this up because back in the early 90's, a disgruntled ex-employee of a San Fransisco law firm went and killed several people using 30 round tec-9 magazines my father's company manufactured. the families of the victims opened suits against us aiming to wipe our business off the face of the earth, they not only wanted money but also that we close down operations. of course they didnt win because we werent responsible for the actions of the consumer and hi-cap mags (and civi SMG's for that matter) being completely legal at the time. The legal system these days is much too turbulent. /gripe
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #504
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS562 View Post
i dont know how to feel about the media getting specific with manufacturers as if it adds some kind of sinister overtone. I know it doesnt really bring bad publicity to the manufacturer in terms of the educated consumer, but the people who are quick to find somebody to point the finger at are who annoy me. Im sure Sig and Bushmaster already have suits filed against them by some of the victims families. The manufacturer holds absolutely ZERO responsibility in any incident that their arms happen to be involved in but, the public has no concept of this fact and are lightning fast to ridicule us. that shooting was a horrible tragedy and that goes without saying. I only bring this up because back in the early 90's, a disgruntled ex-employee of a San Fransisco law firm went and killed several people using 30 round tec-9 magazines my father's company manufactured. the families of the victims opened suits against us aiming to wipe our business off the face of the earth, they not only wanted money but also that we close down operations. of course they didnt win because we werent responsible for the actions of the consumer and hi-cap mags (and civi SMG's for that matter) being completely legal at the time. The legal system these days is much too turbulent. /gripe
I think its about the Manufacturers successful lobbying of congress to shelve any legislation that may limit their profits despite public safety. They know that waiting periods and federal registry will equal less guns sold. I'm all for more hoops. Enthusiast will be annoyed but will jump through them while disgruntled people may change their minds.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #505
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think its about the Manufacturers successful lobbying of congress to shelve any legislation that may limit their profits despite public safety. They know that waiting periods and federal registry will equal less guns sold. I'm all for more hoops. Enthusiast will be annoyed but will jump through them while disgruntled people may change their minds.
Stop being an idiot. Waiting periods and registry would have done nothing to pervent any of these mass shootings.

In the CT case, all youd had see is Mom wait a few days...years ago, and Law Enforcement would know she was the onwer....afrer the fact, awesome.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #506
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
... Enthusiast will be annoyed but will jump through them while disgruntled people may change their minds.
Change their minds and steal the guns instead, which is a 0 day waiting period.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #507
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
It's irritating when people refer to assault rifles, thinking that it means fully automatic. Anyhow I'm pretty sure that in light of the recent shootings, hi cap mags will be banned.
Banning high cap mags will do nothing. Someone who has worked a rifle or handgun can swap a mag out within a second or two. Add a couple more seconds if there is a jam.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #508
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The Colorado deal actually ended because the dude's Surefire knockoff magazine jammed. Same deal with the Clackmas shooting last weekend. The guy's gun jammed, he spotted the CCW guy aiming at him, he ran off and killed himself.

These guys are such cowards that the instant a good guy shows up and turns the tables even a little, they kill themselves.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #509
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
The guy's gun jammed, he spotted the CCW guy aiming at him, he ran off and killed himself.

These guys are such cowards that the instant a good guy shows up and turns the tables even a little, they kill themselves.

Isn't it funny how this isn't in the news AT ALL? I mean, they just bury it so deep nobody can find it unless they are looking for it. Wouldn't want to undo all the progress made with this Sandy shooting...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #510
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

All the more reason that hi cap mags will be banned.

Not much could prevent killing sprees but fortunatly they are rare. Waiting periods may deter some passion crimes which are more common.