Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #481
colten

Trader Rating: (1)
colten is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to colten
I'd be very interested if someone like shine auto would make a bumper/lip combo along with the rest of the kit.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #482
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
so i've heard. I've heard alot of negatives about VS lately.

kinda sucks....

i have the type VI and the sides blow

the rear i havent test fit yet...front is on point though
Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #483
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colten View Post
I'd be very interested if someone like shine auto would make a bumper/lip combo along with the rest of the kit.
that's the thing about shine, though. they don't want to generate interest, they want to generate money. it took FOREVER for enough people to throw down a deposit to get the sexy style project going. they have enough rx7 guys putting up money right away to get stuff done, so they don't need to deal with dreamers (i.e. cheap ass 240sx owners). i do not think they'll ever consider doing a kouki 180sx project again, either, because VS already makes a decent enough replica now. that ship has sailed.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #484
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea but look at the popularity of Kouki aero compared to Sexy Style.

Only the ppl who have been into s-chassis for the longest understand the awesomeness of Sexy Style. all these new kids don't know about that shit..... I had completely forgot about Sexy Style until they announced the kit. it was kind of out of the blue and extremely random.

Same reason why all the knock off companies knock off the same popular aero that everyone else makes, b/c that is what ppl know and that is what ppl want to buy. Just b/c you bring out something that looks good, doesnt mean it will sell... you gotta make it popular

I mean everyone, and i mean EVERYONE loves kouki aero. Even the guys who are like, I hate aero, stock body for the win. They would even buy it b/c and OEM look. Not to mention its a look that good doing any thing. Drift, Grip, Drag, Park, Show car, trophy car, dyno queen......ANYTHING...

Personally don't dig the VS kit, b/c it lacks all the extra cool of OEM bumper. it's too smooth..... i know i can just add it... but eh... idk
Old 08-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #485
2toneluv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
2toneluv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i still wanna see a rear end shot with apex n1 duals! or knock off duals it doesnt matter
Old 08-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #486
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
@ all the talk of making a kouki knockoff

no thank you. seriously.

the vs copy is already garbage and anyone can tell its the knockoff

seriously the import community is the cheapest people that are into cars

if you're going to build a car do it right and make it nice or just don't do it at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Has no one ID'ed this lip yet? I looked through the whole thread and can't seem to find the name. It's the only piece missing from convincing me to go with a Kouki front bumper. I could care less if it's fiberglass.

Hot road 1cm bigger lip looks kinda goofy if you ask me.
this lip is ONE OF a kind, he says it on his blog sorry :/

get a gt-1 bumper and cut the lip off and fix the center vent line ups and you can have this lip

some more type-x overload

Old 08-09-2009, 02:04 AM   #487
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Man I really want to run those side skirts on my coupe, but I dont even know on where to start on matching it with a rear bumper or valances. Wish some one could post some sample pics. ^ soap gun are you smoking and posting (saw your pic change)

IG Holy_khal
Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #488
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
Man I really want to run those side skirts on my coupe, but I dont even know on where to start on matching it with a rear bumper or valances. Wish some one could post some sample pics.
imo, oem silvia rear valences

yokotavia's old car for reference

Old 08-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #489
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
@ all the talk of making a kouki knockoff

no thank you. seriously.

the vs copy is already garbage and anyone can tell its the knockoff

seriously the import community is the cheapest people that are into cars

if you're going to build a car do it right and make it nice or just don't do it at all
I agree with this statement to a certain extent.

I've talked with my friend over at Angry Panda Fabrication and said if he got at least 10-15 orders to make a Kouki replica lip(good quality shit. none of that extreme dimensions bullshit. 100% fitment), he can make it happen.

So, if people are interested, we definitely wouldn't mind working on a great quality, strong replica.

Quote:

THIS is what I want my Zenki S13(daily) to look like after I throw all the kouki stuff on it.

Holy fucking shit is that hot.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #490
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I agree with this statement to a certain extent.

I've talked with my friend over at Angry Panda Fabrication and said if he got at least 10-15 orders to make a Kouki replica lip(good quality shit. none of that extreme dimensions bullshit. 100% fitment), he can make it happen.

So, if people are interested, we definitely wouldn't mind working on a great quality, strong replica.

THIS is what I want my Zenki S13(daily) to look like after I throw all the kouki stuff on it.

Holy fucking shit is that hot.
I agree on the lip as long as its polyurethane, only to an extent though because it makes mine less rare haha!!

and yeah

that red s13 is a GEM

i just about died when i saw it

it has a pretty extreme motor build under the hood too
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #491
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
imo, oem silvia rear valences

yokotavia's old car for reference
Thanks soap gun (any other different pics pics) his coupe is HOTTTT, I might even just start on collecting parts, F@$#N tempting. Thank you sir

IG Holy_khal
Old 08-09-2009, 03:02 AM   #492
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
Thanks soap gun (any other different pics pics) his coupe is HOTTTT, I might even just start on collecting parts, F@$#N tempting. Thank you sir
honestly i think your only option would be the oem silvia valences or gracer if you can import them

other option would be gt-1 rear but that nots going to happen

best bet is vertex rear bumper if you want a rear bumper, this is the bumper used to match sexy style sideskirts which are also a visually shorter sideskirt which is what you need

the akinori itoh ps13 is the best picture i could get for you

oem silvia

gracer

gt-1

vertex

also i just thought this should be posted hot green coupe with kouki front

also

here is a ita-rin video i uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUPRDeARNxk

lol and who had this in their sig while i was on vaykay i laughed

full size??
Old 08-09-2009, 04:22 AM   #493
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

^ thanks a million soap gun. That gt-1 rear bumper is the sex.

IG Holy_khal
Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #494
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
my favorite thing is comparing all these different cars and seeing how some (mostly the ones from the factory) are aligned and assembled properly, while almost all of the us vehicles have bigass gaps along the hood and fender edges

whats even worse is when you drive a car where the bumper isnt fastened properly, it ends up dragging on the ground more giving you the impression that the car is extremely lowered, when in reality its just hanging like my balls when they're sweaty.

get the right hardware people, thats my point.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #495
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

get the right hardware people, thats my point.
Where did you end up getting your hardware at?

I should probably call up Ray and see if he can get me the correct brackets.

Used white kouki bumper has all of the correct brackets. Need them for the brand new bumper.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 08-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #496
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Cool photos SOAPGUY

What hardware are you looking for, Johnnie?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #497
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
the crucial parts are the center bumper support and side supports which are known as bumper stiffeners. both of these are very necessary if you want proper alignment and support, keeps everything from sagging like some old ass tittays

good luck boys, its taken me a LONG time to acquire some of these goodies
Old 08-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #498
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Bumper retainer, all of the upper brackets, and everything needed to mount the lip properly.

I do have all of the brackets from my old Chuki bumper, but i'm really anal on how stuff fits.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 08-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #499
ixfxi
Post Whore!

the only 2 items left that ive been determining how i will install (if i will install them) is the jspec bumper support and the energy absorber
Old 08-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #500
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Ah I see.

I have all that shit.

The lip hardware and mounting style are so stupid.

I'd be very happy if you came and fixed my bumper.
I'd even be willing to stand around and watch and buy you a beer.

The bumper is so damn heavy with all those metal brackets all around it. There is that big top center one, then ones on either side by where the headlights are, right? Then of course the meal ones that connect the bumper to the fender and fender extension.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #501
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
the only 2 items left that ive been determining how i will install (if i will install them) is the jspec bumper support and the energy absorber
energy absorber being the styrofoam piece?

Didn't you chop out the license plate rectangle too?

come fix me, johnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 08-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #502
hippo_chips
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
hippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nice
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Are the bumper stiffeners specific to zenki, chuki, or kouki? Or are they all the same? I'll probably just bother Ray again. I see them on the OEM parts site, they have bumper stiffeners for the zenki and chuki bumper, why didn't my zenki come with these?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #503
ixfxi
Post Whore!

the kouki components are all specific for that bumper, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different than the cheap shit that came with my 89-90 or 91-94 bumper... as ive now had all 3.

i cutout my center section of the license plate bumper area, but am still working on bumper support... i have the j-spec one but may revert back to the US-spec and only keep the edges (cutout the center)....... we'll see... i'll be measuring clearances later, i am still mounting my cooler for that
Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #504
Brian
Post Whore!

Ok just wondering.

cuz let me tell you, it looks REALLY cool with the bumper reinforcement RIGHT DIRECTLY BEHIND where the license plate hole is.

....NOT

-borat.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #505
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Haha.

This isn't about looking cool.

It's about making your shit fit the way it's supposed to.

I'd rather have my kouki bumper fit perfectly and line up with everything than score some cool points and sag all over the place.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 08-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #506
Brian
Post Whore!

lol man what.

I SERIOUSLY would love for mine to fit right.
That aint no joke. It really bugs me that it has hood/bumper gap.
That's why I stayed with all this Nissan stuff rather than a FRP kit.

I should have just fixed those damn metal things when I had everything off the car.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #507
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR

no bumper support.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #508
lflkajfj12123

^ awesome

yeah when everything is getting the final fit

i want there to be no gaps or sagging whatsoever
Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #509
ixfxi
Post Whore!

guys, you are very confused on the point i am trying to make

the bumper support can still be installed as long as you cut/remove the center section (if youve removed the license plate provision from the bumper).

the way i see it, having the edges of the US-spec bumper support (which is hefty) is very valuable, much more useful than having NO bumper support. dont get me wrong, kurruptr... i love the way your car looks because mine looks exactly like that.. or very similar. your photos is one of many that ive kept for years now (back when it was red) illustrating the look i wanted to go for, but with a twist.

my car will be using a nose-mount setrab cooler that will cover up the gaping evo-esque boy racer intercooler hole. not that it bothers me, but ive always been a fan for fit and finish and wouldnt mind having everything...... if possible.

this means, the bumper, the cutout, the oil cooler, and at the very least... part of the bumper support which will absorb SOME amount of impact.. as opposed to my car being crushed like an eggshell should a dumb los angeles blonde back into my car (and yes, its happened).

a bumper, in my honest opinion, should be able to absorb SOME impact (less than 5mph bump). hence the reason its called bumper.

note: this discussion has nothing to do with the upper support/stiffeners. we're talking main bumper support here, the bigass reinforcement bar
Old 08-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #510
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2toneluv View Post
i still wanna see a rear end shot with apex n1 duals! or knock off duals it doesnt matter
these should help

Closed Thread