Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #481
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah that's what I was thinking...all reflections
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #482
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Back from the dead! Did a fair amount of work to it this weekend! A friend recently got an Eastwood fender roller and this was pretty much the last thing that I wanted to take care of before paint! So, today and yesterday, I rolled and pulled the crap out of my front and rear fenders to make way for some new wheels (super secret, teehee!) All you need to know is the new wheels will be grande...anyways, I need to sand them down a little and use a lil' bit of filler here and there but Im very satisfied and definately picked up some room! Front and back both! Oh and my little white S14, my side project, is getting sold shortly so I can finish this up! Dont need much else so Im hoping to turn the key on the car this winter! Pics of todays stuff:

Rears roll'd n pull'd

Front pull!

Tool o' the week!

Also rolled Eric's rears today (His roller, his HOT AP1 w/ AP2 Front)

Thanks and Im going to be updating regularly from here out!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #483
bchumley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
bchumley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'm expecting to see some monsters squeezed on this thing. looks great man
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #484
lv240s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
lv240s14 is a jewel in the roughlv240s14 is a jewel in the roughlv240s14 is a jewel in the roughlv240s14 is a jewel in the roughlv240s14 is a jewel in the roughlv240s14 is a jewel in the roughlv240s14 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lv240s14
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...y/IMG_1747.jpg
how did you get the spots that have tar so clean... i used dry ice and it still leaves like a little bit of tar on there just trying to get an idea of an easy way to get it off thanks....
lv240s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #485
arkive43
Zilvia Addict

arkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv240s14 View Post
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...y/IMG_1747.jpg
how did you get the spots that have tar so clean... i used dry ice and it still leaves like a little bit of tar on there just trying to get an idea of an easy way to get it off thanks....

elbow grease and degreaser....... takes a while to get it that clean.
arkive43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #486
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
i just stumbled upon this thread tonight...

i usually dont read the entire thread. even with other builds..i'll thumb through the pages, look at the pics, admire for a little...and then leave it at that.

i spent 2.5 hours reading through this build. For a person whos fairly new to welding, your welds are spot on. the stitch welding is really something to be proud of. This build reminds me alot of enjuku's s13.4 track cars. They made the chassis the 1st priority and you've also realized its not how many, but what modifications you do to the car.

i love the dry sump oil system you're going to be installing. Its really ganna help out at those higher rpm's. I was wondering though, how many quarts do you think its going to take to fill the system? (im still learning on dry sump systems, and your build really informed me quite a bit )

as far as the final exterior painting, are you going to hang the doors and then paint? or lay them on stands and paint them that way? I've heard both arguements that the painter gets a better idea of the color when the doors are hung...but i've heard from other painters it doesnt make a difference..your thoughts?

oh yeah, love the orange on the cage, also +1 for doing your own fender roll's the correct way. (where did you pick that thing up anyways?)
Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 AM   #487
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post

oh yeah, love the orange on the cage, also +1 for doing your own fender roll's the correct way. (where did you pick that thing up anyways?)
It is an Eastwood fender roller

http://www.eastwoodco.com

I have same one

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 AM   #488
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Your build is sick.

I wanted to do seam welding myself, but was very iffy on whether or not I woud be able to guarantee that the car would remain level the whole time. So in my mind, if I am unsure, I do not do it. How did you mitigate that??

The front end is a work of art, wish I could do something like that here but inspection laws are going to kick my ass since I want to have the 26 and all my mods put on my title just to piss the MP's off when I drive on base.
CursedGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #489
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Wow, just read this thread from start to finish. Amazing work.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #490
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
CursedGTR, Thanks man! Your build is also very very awesome, a pic of you motor is my desktop background haha! Anyhow, the seam welding was done while the car was on the dolly, being supported by the frame rails. In addition to that, only 6-8 inch lengths were done at a time, then Id move to a completely different area to keep from warping the sheet metal in the area I was working, then Id move back after a while, move again, etc. Makes for the job to take a while, but it was the only way I could think of to try and keep everything true.

Thanks for the complements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
i just stumbled upon this thread tonight...

i usually dont read the entire thread. even with other builds..i'll thumb through the pages, look at the pics, admire for a little...and then leave it at that.

i spent 2.5 hours reading through this build. For a person whos fairly new to welding, your welds are spot on. the stitch welding is really something to be proud of. This build reminds me alot of enjuku's s13.4 track cars. They made the chassis the 1st priority and you've also realized its not how many, but what modifications you do to the car.

i love the dry sump oil system you're going to be installing. Its really ganna help out at those higher rpm's. I was wondering though, how many quarts do you think its going to take to fill the system? (im still learning on dry sump systems, and your build really informed me quite a bit )

as far as the final exterior painting, are you going to hang the doors and then paint? or lay them on stands and paint them that way? I've heard both arguements that the painter gets a better idea of the color when the doors are hung...but i've heard from other painters it doesnt make a difference..your thoughts?

Burns, thanks man! As far as the dry sump goes, I was probably going to try to keep it as small as possible, I found several reservoirs in the 2 gallon range (8qts) which is pretty good IMO. Although, The dry sump is on the rocks right now, I might not go all the way through with it but Ill keep everyone posted...

The doors with be bolted to the car when they are sprayed! Im a noob with paint though, so as far as which might be better...you got me...I'd rather as many body panels be in the true positions when painting as possible.

And thanks to logan for covering the roller question!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #491
silviavert
Leaky Injector

silviavert is a well-known jackass
Thats a nice build!!
silviavert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 AM   #492
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
wow, sick project, cant wait to see the secret saucy wheels...

more pics!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #493
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
so happy this thread was resurrected. just read everything from start to finish.

ON COMPANY TIME! woot!

i love the welds, love all of the custom work, and fabbing your own urethane bushings is way outside the box, +1 for that, i'm DEF gonig to start playing with the devcon, maybe even sniff it too. your car would look sick with roofscoops like those D1 team orange scoobys or a toyota MR2, dual giant roofscoops FTW!

however that would create miles of ducting, but you could def get it done with your fab skills

awesome build and great engineering/mechanical skills.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #494
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
It is an Eastwood fender roller

http://www.eastwoodco.com

I have same one

Then I vote you roll my fenders for me.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #495
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruisin View Post
I can't believe you are doing this all yourself!! Every step of the way this car reminds me of the Weld demo car. Are you planning on moving the seating position back, too? This thing will be a BEAST when its done!

Frickin wow, more info plz?
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #496
harangatang
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
harangatang can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
Frickin wow, more info plz?
frickin wow, more searching plz?

goooooogle ftw ppl!!

O, and by the way, this is probably the most badass build thread Ive ever seen.. Specially in someones personal garage to!!

harangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #497
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
so sickkkkkkkk
Old 09-05-2007, 12:01 AM   #498
BAY240
Leaky Injector

BAY240 is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome skills, awesome build! just read it from start to finish!
...speechless...
BAY240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #499
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Lookign good partner keep it up!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #500
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
i envy your ability to fabricate... +1 for a great build and keeping me busy for a while

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #501
sxe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
sxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this project is HOT!! idk if its different for your motor. but i was wondering if you could fab me up some motor mounts that fit on the r33 or stock x-members. i have both. and also have the rb25det. id much rather throw you some cash in return have this car done sooner. let me know asap man.

thanks

Calvin
sxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #502
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
good work man just keep going im about to finish my car im not doing nearley as much work on my car as you have done to yours. its taken me over a year to finish my car well their never finished but i guess semi done. you need to bring it to cali when done so we can check it out, have fun dude
Old 09-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #503
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
this my dream thread!!!

more pics please!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:36 AM   #504
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Yea, whats the update on this beast.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 AM   #505
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the props guys! A good update is on the way...Im selling my other s14 as we speak and am throwing all the cash at this! Next time I post it, expect to see the car on its new wheels and back on the stance coils, etc as well as a few other goodies!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #506
smokins14
Leaky Injector

smokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to allsmokins14 is a name known to all
Awwww shit. Can't wait.
smokins14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #507
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Yea !!! thats is gonna be awesome !!!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #508
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Thanks for the props guys! A good update is on the way...Im selling my other s14 as we speak and am throwing all the cash at this! Next time I post it, expect to see the car on its new wheels and back on the stance coils, etc as well as a few other goodies!
I thought you'd never come back.... haha! good shit, can't wait to see the progress.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #509
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Here's something I whipped up celebrating my favorite vendor...just stole another few g's from me today LOL

Old 09-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #510
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
^Hahaha that is priceless...