Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #481
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Yeah, so basically.... Fuck weight distribution, right?
Meh. LS1 is light (for what it is). The T/56 is a mother-fucker but any trans in that category is going to be over 100lbs as well.

If they set the engine back (very possible) weight distribution won't be that bad.

55/45 should be hella easy.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #482
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^I was commenting on the 2jz swap. I mean, it's one thing to screw up the weight distribution of a ho-hum/ancient chassis like the 240, but this? Man, the 2jz is alot heavier than an LS1 and sits so far ahead of the strut towers. Car's gotta be super nose heavy now...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #483
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
I just don't see the point of owning multiple rwd, 2+2's for the average enthusiast anymore. Been there, done that. Wish I had kept my S13 and bought an SUV/truck instead of two more 240's. That was so dumb in retrospect.
I can agree with this. Except for owning a S30. A S30 is something that at this point in time is meant to be driven occasionally. Now on the other side of things. I own a 240 and a G20/Primera . I can totally see the daily driver not meant to be the all out sports car. Even though I could buy a BRZ , I would most likely lose the 240 . Though I cannot bring myself to buy a new car. Nope , sorry , nada, let someone else eat the 30% the minute you drive it off the lot depreciation. Not for me man, used down the road maybe. A 350Z or 370Z would be much higher up the list at this time.
In a few years that could change.
Till then its my 240 and whatever the hell I decided to do with it and a daily. Even If I buy a 350Z I still think a daily would be handy.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #484
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I'm think about waiting like five years to get a used one. Cause buy then the i could find a second gen used. I don't like the idea of a first gen car. And just like the Gen coupe i think in three or four years the will release a FRS with a lot more power. Im sure People who bought then G.C. New are jealous of the guys he have new ones now making 70more bhp
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #485
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
. Im sure People who bought then G.C. New are jealous of the guys he have new ones now making 70more bhp
Somewhat. 1st gens are easier to mod at this point. A tune gives you almost as much power as the 2nd puts down at the wheels. But yeah, the 2nd gen does have better hardware.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #486
O3DigitalBath
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
O3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud ofO3DigitalBath has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to O3DigitalBath
I recently shot a few pics of Enjuku's FR-S...first one I've got a chance to edit:

O3DigitalBath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #487
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by O3DigitalBath View Post
I recently shot a few pics of Enjuku's FR-S...first one I've got a chance to edit:

That is an awesome shot! Perfect for desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #488
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Damn that car is just exactly what I wanted it to be.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #489
simmode1
Post Whore!

I guess the FRS is like "2jz nose heavy? No care."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-8lBWz9H9I
Old 08-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #490
simmode1
Post Whore!

So apparently the FRS goes around Willow Springs 2 seconds faster with factory Star Specs on 17's. Seems like you're gonna want to run 35 profiles on any 18's though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_IWa_qlt3g
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #491
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Moar pictures of the red on
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #492
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Man, these cars must suck.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #493
simmode1
Post Whore!

Goodamn! Is it just me or does it seem like these are getting destroyed at an alarming rate? Its light weight, but it seems like they crumple like a tin can..

Saw my first FRS today. I'm still not a fan of these things, but they sure are nice to look at. Its alot more curvier than the pics show online. Much swoopier than I thought it'd be. I enjoyed blowing by it on the highway.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #494
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Goodamn! Is it just me or does it seem like these are getting destroyed at an alarming rate? Its light weight, but it seems like they crumple like a tin can.
Nah, not really. I mean isn't that the same reason that front end swaps where born for the S-chassis, people where destroying body panels left and right drifting and shit back in the days? Japan is just nutz.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #495
simmode1
Post Whore!

There's a big difference in bashing up a $1500 240 with cheap replacment parts versus a ~$30k FRS... But I do chuckle whenever I see one bashed up.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #496
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
There's a big difference in bashing up a $1500 240 with cheap replacment parts versus a ~$30k FRS... But I do chuckle whenever I see one bashed up.
I'm referring to the late 80s and early 90s when the S-Chassis was "new".
Old 08-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #497
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

Saw my first FRS today. I'm still not a fan of these things, but they sure are nice to look at. Its alot more curvier than the pics show online. Much swoopier than I thought it'd be. I enjoyed blowing by it on the highway.
Gave a white one a huge thumbs up today as I motored passed it with my truck and 24' enclosed trailer with a spec miata half it's price inside that could probably out lap it at any track. Love the looks of the car, but just not for me. Years down the road when they are half the price used ,my mind may change.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #498
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Goodamn! Is it just me or does it seem like these are getting destroyed at an alarming rate? Its light weight, but it seems like they crumple like a tin can..

I dunno what it is, maybe they were drifting it? It does seem that the Scion crowd is quite immature to put it nicely, and most don't know their ass from their elbow. I've taken mine for some spirited driving through the twisties and I'm definitely no professional but it is very predictable with how it reacts to your inputs. Maybe these guys are just used to driving econoboxes that understeer all day, or have no clue what they are doing.

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #499
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Oh yeah. I'm not implying its the car's fault. Unless being awesome to drive is a fault... I'm just observing that their owners are tearing them up at disproportionate rates, seemingly. The car gives novice drivers so much confidence that they bit off more than they can chew and VOILA! Brand new FRS Missile car!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #500
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
local shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8Cx47ofz8
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #501
future
Post Whore!

The tq numbers disappoint me. I expected more from the boxer motor, I want to see one with a ej25 swap for the extra tq
Old 08-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #502
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
i think with time and more tuning results will be better, but still that's great power for that. on 9psi!!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #503
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
i think with time and more tuning results will be better, but still that's great power for that. on 9psi!!
I agree, this is just the beginning of the horsepower competition with the car and I think it will be great to see what the limits are! I'm just glad they are putting forth the effort to find its limit instead of taking the easy way out with a motor swap.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #504
future
Post Whore!

I just feel like there is more tq to be had, a big bored or something. I don't see much tq coming from a 2.0
Old 08-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #505
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I just feel like there is more tq to be had, a big bored or something. I don't see much tq coming from a 2.0
It's a two liter engine...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #506
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't see much tq coming from a 2.0
I hate to keep repeating myself but... Genesis Coupe, homeboy. Genesis Coupe. Torquey as all fuck.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #507
future
Post Whore!

You think GC, I think k20 with no tq
Old 08-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #508
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Needs more LSx.

In other news, I can't wait to see one of these things primered and sitting on some sweet xxr's.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #509
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
You think GC, I think k20 with no tq
The K20 isn't factory turbo'd. Seriously. The Genny stage 2 tunes are putting out around 250whp and 285ft/lbs to the wheels. Pick the right turbo to upgrade to and I'm seeing numbers that are crushing KA-T numbers.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #510
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I would hope, the KA is 20 some odd years old.