Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #481
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
remember this?

even tho the pic says 05, the kits older then that.

oh and advan SA3R where once my fav wheels.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #482
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
remember this?

ya god forbid I should ever admit I used to like SA3R's . Glad I came to my senses. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #483
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i never liked them cause on like gran turismo 1 they were..
black circles with red lips, they looked gay on ps1.
maplejesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #484
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplejesse View Post
i never liked them cause on like gran turismo 1 they were..
black circles with red lips, they looked gay on ps1.
ah your 17 years old. Do you look at the title of this thread? This is about people who owned 240's before 2003. You don't qualify.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #485
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
remember this?

yup, i had that front end in 2000 i think. i used to love that car though. with the crazy wing on the back.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #486
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Who didn't like sa3r's? hahaha
Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #487
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I only ever liked them on the Genki S15 from way back when.

I've never seen another car in the history of ever to pull them off.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #488
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
the good old days

Back in the days of doing shows every weekend

Yeah those are ADR's dont hate lol

2007-2009

]

Preview 2010

TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #489
Psycho 240 Freak
Zilvia Member

Psycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-known
Another shot of my old S14 back in 2000

Kid's takes for granted all the turbo kits, SR swaps, RB swaps, CA swaps, and V8 swaps available these days. Before the swaps, a lot of us relied on NAWZZ LOL back then.
Psycho 240 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #490
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
ah your 17 years old. Do you look at the title of this thread? This is about people who owned 240's before 2003. You don't qualify.
i never said i owned one.
i stated my opinion.
it's a public forum.
kthxbai
Old 04-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #491
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
some old influential cars back in the day
sadly they would get hated on now for not being low and flush

nothing but legit parts on these cars though
still clean ass setups in my opinion today

I think this was jookybanana's car

came along away
Old 04-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #492
ultimateforce
Zilvia Member

ultimateforce is an unknown quantity at this point
"I gotta get those cookie popcorn lights for my hatch, bro!"

Every car meet circa 2001-03.
ultimateforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #493
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think I got this S14 in... 2002-ish? The photo is scanned.

16" Volk GT-U were such a rarity in CO those days. Now you'd get laughed at for running such small wheels. I remember being jealous of all the people that had SR swaps and coilovers and such back then. Couldn't afford any of it while in college.

Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #494
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
i never said i owned one.
i stated my opinion.
it's a public forum.
kthxbai
Ah guess what? Its not a public forum, technically its a private forum. You have to be a member to post.

Once again I will say it, since it seems lost on you. You did not own a car back then you were a little child.
The thread title specifically spells out the rules of thread.

You fail at reading, you are a bandwagon Jumper. Now get off the Wagon and stop trying to justify the fact that you failed.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #495
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

lol bandwagon jumper

cool story bro
Old 04-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #496
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
lol bandwagon jumper

cool story bro
wow you are one clueless little kid.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #497
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Anybody who bought an S-Chassis after 2003 is theoretically a bandwagon jumper amirite?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #498
HyperTek
Post Whore!

oh no way, theres alot of young guys who keep it poppin and respectful build ups, i think the older guys are turned off with the younger "yeah bro cool story gotta slam that shit your shits weak mines better" guys that flock these forums now.

Teddy your dd is clean, much respect. it would be iconic 8 years ago.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #499
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
This was the shit a long time ago, and I still have respect for cars like this. I love this car!

Quote:
Teddy your dd is clean, much respect. it would be iconic 8 years ago.
Thanks buddy, I appreciate it!

Sorry I know I don't qualify to post in here, but I really love the old school 240s more than the new styles. I wish my PC hadn't crashed, I had so many old photos that I'm sure some of you would recognize.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #500
GunmetalSR
Zilvia Member

GunmetalSR is an unknown quantity at this point
im not an og but far from a badnwagoner...really never even liked f&f but anyways i started liking 240's when i was 10 when my brother bougfht a 91 s13 when he was 17 and he taight me how to drive it...over the years i drove other cars but i still wanted a 240 and finally got an s14 last year ...im 18 now lol
GunmetalSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #501
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This thread isn't about whether you did or didn't like F&F and all that jazz. It is about reminiscing on how the scene was years back.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #502
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
This thread isn't about whether you did or didn't like F&F and all that jazz. It is about reminiscing on how the scene was years back.
Word. It's starting to sound like people are justifying their OG-ness. Nobody cares..

I really enjoyed this stuff back in the early 2000s a lot more. Maybe it was because I was younger and more into the whole car thing, but it seems that people were more genuine and willing to help each other.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #503
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i don't have alot of s-chassis related nostalgia, but i do remember when piaa foglights were all the rage. does that count? i do remember reading an article about the 240 in import tuner or turbo magazine back in the day tho. it said that the torque of the ka was great for getting up to speed on the onramp but lacked any top end power. this is like 10 yrs ago so i don't remember exactly what was written...they tested a black '98 kouki...of course all the mags had the honda bias :P
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #504
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalSR View Post
im not an og but far from a badnwagoner...really never even liked f&f but anyways i started liking 240's when i was 10 when my brother bougfht a 91 s13 when he was 17 and he taight me how to drive it...over the years i drove other cars but i still wanted a 240 and finally got an s14 last year ...im 18 now lol
So F&F started the drifting and S-chassis bandwagon craze?!?! Shit, nobody knew what the fuck a 240sx was even after F&F, even when there was an S14 kouki in it. Nobody cared, prices for S14s didnt go up, only FDs and fucking Supras got raped after F&F.

What it did bring was the end of underground street racing in the states.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #505
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
Word. It's starting to sound like people are justifying their OG-ness. Nobody cares..

I really enjoyed this stuff back in the early 2000s a lot more. Maybe it was because I was younger and more into the whole car thing, but it seems that people were more genuine and willing to help each other.

QFT!!! Thats the biggest thing I miss.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #506
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I still remember the days when folks were excited about those Tokico HTS struts, S13 SR to S14 wiring was a complete mystery, Bomex was the shit, GP Sport were still in the US, cops didn't know what the hell a 240SX was, Black Racing N1 wheels were the rage, Kid Zelda was still on here, Ralph Kenyon etc.

I may have mixed up the time periods of the above, but that what I remember.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #507
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho 240 Freak View Post
I wish I had pictures of my first 240 bought back in '97. Here's my third 240 bought back in 2000 though.

hahaha back when SR's were still rare. I had to wait about 3 or 4 months for Motorsport Dynamics in Sacramento to finish up the SR swap for me back then. Now kids do it in their backyard over the weekend.
Motorsport Dynamics!!! That's classic! I used to make a thing of it goin there. I loved driving on the side and looking at all the projects they had going on there. Damn back then i don't really think people purchased parts off the internet, you had to go to a shop and order it and wait 3-4 months. You can just go up to people in the parking lot and chat it up with them about cars. My brother in law works with that dude Jodi at some bio plant now haha!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #508
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
QFT!!! Thats the biggest thing I miss.
I agree completely with you, Zar and Chernobyl on this Ray. This thread is having the same thing happen to it that happened to the whole 240sx world.

The little kids are jumping in trying to claim they are old school and being disrespectful at the same time.

Teddy you are rare among a lot of your peers. Most of them are just making it suck.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #509
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny how a lot of the guys back then were broke and in college, hence the limited mods to their cars (expensive and not much options then). Now they've either saved up/earned enough money for a decent build up or have moved on with life :P

On another note, I haven't seen anyone call the KA a "truck engine" for a while LOL!

Last edited by mrflip69; 04-12-2010 at 03:02 PM..
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #510
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
remember this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
ya god forbid I should ever admit I used to like SA3R's . Glad I came to my senses. LOL
fu guys i still like em...LOL... but gunmetal only...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote