Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #481
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This is what I'm working with. The one plug has a 12v power wire going into it and the other wire is to the gauge warning light.

ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #482
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Your picture shows virtually nothing. I can definitely see that you've got an alternator in there... awesome.

Either you have them hooked up backwards, or your charge post is not seeing battery voltage. Or your alternator is dead. Or your engine-to-chassis ground sucks. Or your battery-to-chassis ground sucks. Or... lots of things.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #483
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

LOL I don't know why I bothered posting that pic. I was completely out of it all day yesterday. The alternator tested fine, but I think the wires may be backward. I'm going to de-pin them and test it out again. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #484
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I still have ALOT of tucking to do. Vacuum lines, get rid of a whole bunch of ABS sensors, get the same lines I have for my brakes but for the clutch slave to route that line under the engine, etc etc.

But this is before

And this is after

Sometimes I hate how shiny my bay is lol
Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #485
Boostedkouki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Boostedkouki is making a name for him/her selfBoostedkouki is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boostedkouki
What are you guys doing with the CAS wire to tuck it?
Boostedkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #486
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Ive probably spent a few hours staring at the CAS wire wondering what to do with it...
Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #487
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Can anyone tell me whether the wire on an S14 KA that signals the A/C compressor to kick on is a positive or negative signal?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #488
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
Can anyone tell me whether the wire on an S14 KA that signals the A/C compressor to kick on is a positive or negative signal?
I'm 90% sure it's a high signal (positive) from the button to the triple pressure switch to the compressor.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #489
s14tan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
s14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I'm 90% sure it's a high signal (positive) from the button to the triple pressure switch to the compressor.

Jordan, is correct. I ran into this problem the other day and found out the signal is sent via positive from the pressure switch.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #490
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Thanks guys, 'preciate the help!
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #491
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
heres my CAS wiring.. the s14 sr has that three bolt cover for the Intake Gear, on the bottom bolt i have a rubber bracket holding the loom away from the fan and pulleys

Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #492
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Please keep your CAS wiring away from your clutch fans/belts.

Thanks.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #493
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
i bet its exciting to watch them fly from a go-pro or something
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #494
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
i bet its exciting to watch them fly from a go-pro or something
As a bonus, you'll have plenty of time to watch the footage while someone repairs your shredded harness.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #495
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Ive probably spent a few hours staring at the CAS wire wondering what to do with it...
run it just the way it was meant to be, whats cooler a car that runs or wires that get fried from your exhaust manifold?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #496
Z32TT-R
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Z32TT-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mine as of right now, still need to tuck the p/s res.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #497
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

holy balls thats night and day.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #498
Wongger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Wongger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, looks so much better. 300zx engine bays look awful stock.
Wongger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #499
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

What did you do with the wiper motor? That looks dope. I hope my bay is this clean some day
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #500
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I can't remember if anyone has pointed out this site, and I haven't bought from them yet, so I can't vouch for them, but it looks like they have all kinds of automotive plugs.
Ballenger Motorsports - High Performance Electronics
Old 09-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #501
Z32TT-R
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongger View Post
Wow, looks so much better. 300zx engine bays look awful stock.
Thanks, and agreed. I hated looking at such a cramped bay all the time, theres a couple other things that are going to get deleted/tucked and some parts getting pc'd once I quit being a lazy ass.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #502
Z32TT-R
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
What did you do with the wiper motor? That looks dope. I hope my bay is this clean some day
Are you talking about the relay, or the wiper motor harness along the firewall?
Old 09-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #503
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblackS13 View Post
I can't remember if anyone has pointed out this site, and I haven't bought from them yet, so I can't vouch for them, but it looks like they have all kinds of automotive plugs.
Ballenger Motorsports - High Performance Electronics
I've bought from them a few times.. No problems..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #504
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Here's my work in progress

(spare motor)

Nothing to crazy
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #505
Assaultech
Zilvia Addict

Assaultech is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Tucked and loomed Mil-spec harnesses is what I do lol.

My Mil-spec RB25 setup from the JefeS14, currently for sale with harness:

Conrad Grunewald's Mil-spec LSA harness in his 2010 Formula D Camaro, from scratch.

A couple of things that i have noticed about your harnesses. This is not to bash or hate just pointing out things that i have noticed.
These connectors are no where near Mil-Spec quality (this really bothered me) , they look like speaker connectors that are used in clubs and bars, a poor imitation/rip off to the Chase Bays / Rywire harnesses. There is nothing sealing these plugs off from elements like water dirt ect, this will cause premature wear and corrosion There are a couple of different types of nylon engine loom that you can get, the weave on your loom is not very tight and you can see right through to the bare wires? The junctions where you have multiple splices coming together looks horrible. The heat shrink looks over stretched and its not even the correct way to make that type of junction.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #506
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
^^^^ They look like AMP connectors to me.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #507
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

[waits for reply]
Old 09-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #508
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
heyoooo

Last edited by R33E8; 09-26-2011 at 04:02 PM..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #509
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaultech View Post
A couple of things that i have noticed about your harnesses. This is not to bash or hate just pointing out things that i have noticed.
Before I venture into the rest of your post and I'm sure Jeff will have a hearty reply himself if you're going to say something about not bashing or hating please don't "preface" it with I don't mean for you to take this offensively when I'm comparing your budget harness to a top dollar high end harness. You quoted a harness Jeff made before he started doing this as a business for his own personal car. His work looks worlds better than that and those connectors he used on his personal car were some budget camera equipment connectors used in television, and were recommended by Eric Castro. They got the job done, and they were budget minded.

Quote:
These connectors are no where near Mil-Spec quality (this really bothered me) , they look like speaker connectors that are used in clubs and bars, a poor imitation/rip off to the Chase Bays / Rywire harnesses.
I think before you call anyones work a rip off of anything then you should at least know the origins of the people you're comparing him to. LOL!!! Rywire was getting so busy he brought someone in under him (chase bays) who after some time together chase decided he knew all he needed to know to run off and start his own business and take some clients with him and Ryan has received tons of work cleaning up chases fuck-ups. I personally have no problem with Chase and I think the quality of his work has improved but he still has a stained reputation and nobody has nothing nice to say about the guy I've spoken to.

As far as the OG'ness of their harness style, race cars, helicopters, jets etc have been using this style of engine harness with raychem covering on them way before anyone was casually spending money on this shit...

Quote:
There is nothing sealing these plugs off from elements like water dirt ect, this will cause premature wear and corrosion There are a couple of different types of nylon engine loom that you can get, the weave on your loom is not very tight and you can see right through to the bare wires? The junctions where you have multiple splices coming together looks horrible. The heat shrink looks over stretched and its not even the correct way to make that type of junction.
He very well could've purchased some boots for the tech flex but again this was a personal inexpensive harness for himself. There are only a few people that have actually ponied up the cash for a raychem setup

Things done changed since. I would actually like to see someone pony up the money to get some "rywire quality" work out of Jeff and actually pay for it but it's the nissan community we're talking about here. Honda people will pay 1000 bucks for a front lip, you couldn't get anyone on this site to buy a set of wheels for more than 1000 bucks.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #510
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Lol, nice Assaultech. I was an AT in the Navy, but that doesn't mean that everything that people pay me to make for them is up to Mil standards.

The modern Mil-C-5015 connectors that I typically use are absolutely Mil-spec, I order them with a manufacturers part number with an attached NSN. The Tyco CPC connector I tried with my RB25 harness was a trial run, since so many people didn't want to pay for 'real' connectors, and I've never used them since ~ pin alignment on anything larger than 6- or 8-pin was horrible.

Without giving up too much of the information that's taken a few years to put together, the wire is Mil-W-22759, and I use a couple Daniels crimpers. The mid-harness connectors vary a bit, from pricey Mil-spec circulars, to Deutsch DTM connectors, to spade terminals on some stuff. Loom varies from flame-retardant expandable mesh to Raychem DR25, always terminated with Mil-spec dual-wall adhesive heat shrink.

I've posted a few higher-end harnesses throughout this thread, but like I said, I try to post up stuff that's relevant to my audience. Matt Powers is the only S-chassis running around with my nicer stuff. It's delicious.