Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #481
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
glad to see this thread updated
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #482
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Whatever your in on, I want in on too...haha
Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #483
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome update and progress Liam! I'm stoked to see the feature in print form. I forgot the May issue is skipped when I told you when the issue would be coming out- my bad haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #484
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Nice update liam!!!
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #485
I<3-SR20DET
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
I<3-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for all the kind words guys !

I decided it was time to drop the head off at the engine shop.
Off I went to see Gord. Having a walk around his shop it is clear he is very good at what he does.

Since it was cold out again I decided to work away with what I can inside...

Vinny kept me company and passed me tools while I relocated the igniter chip to the interior of the car piggybacked on the ecu. A billion soldier and heat shrinks later and I was left with this.

Since I was digging into the coilpack's loom it was the perfect time to wire in my updated coilpack connectors and thicker gauge wire. My old ones had nothing left.

I was happy to get this order from Driftmotion in the mail right before I took off for night school. Those OEM Toyota boxes make me happy.

Friday rolled around and I received a call from Gord informing me that my head was ready for pickup, it just so happens that I was off of work early. I hauled into Toronto and picked it up. I was extra excited and for a good reason...

Cut the valves and seats then took the amount taken off and cut the stems to matched so in theory shimming should stay kosher. Also bead blasted all of the ports and of course resurfaced it.

Couldn't be happier with the attention to detail and the turn around time, even in peak season. Thanks Gord!

The weather was above freezing this past weekend so I decided to venture out to the shack and hack away at this thing, actually accumulated some progress over the course of the weekend.

It all started with this.

Getting the block onto the stand was an adventure by itself, pulled the crane out and mated it to the stand. First up, some high temp gloss black.

Put some heat to the paint so it cured properly.

Pressed in dowel pins, where applicable.

New oil pump/front main seal.

New rear main seal and cleaned up housing.

Sunday came around. Sorry car... soon.

Upper oil pan, baffle, and pickup.

Some more progress.

Took the PS pump apart and cleaned every nook and cranny of both the pump and the bracket.

Now I am here. Every bolt torqued to Toyota's Factory Service Manual,
and it feels great.

There you have it ! lots of pictures of silly small things that are boring.

Its crazy how time consuming every single little piece becomes trying to match its condition to a brand new engine, cleaning all of the bolts, surfaces etc.

Slowly but surely its happening. Another wave of parts from Driftmotion will be arriving shortly with some stuff to keep this progress going.

Until next time, thanks for having a peek.
I<3-SR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #486
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Such a cool build, makes me super jelly that you've done all this and we're the same age
Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #487
drunkmunky
Leaky Injector

drunkmunky is an unknown quantity at this point
GBP's port/head work is the best in the GTA imo.

Glad to see you're charging full speed ahead.

I got my rotating assembly balanced by GBP but i don't trust his balancing equip. I would rather spend more money making sure I have all the numbers correct. do u have another place to recommend? I don't mind spending the money getting a 2nd confirmation.
drunkmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #488
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Less car build. More flip-cup. Smarten up, Liam.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #489
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Awesome progress man! Engine looks really clean.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #490
sharpe_corners
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
sharpe_corners is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I hope it looks clean damon! Its brand new! Damn ballers like Liam, hahaha
sharpe_corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #491
I<3-SR20DET
Leaky Injector

While waiting on my parts to arrive Peter from Modified Mag sent me some of the pictures that didn't make the cut into the magazine.
I sound like a broken record, but be sure to pickup the June issue dropping mid-late April! Can't wait!

I was blown away by these, hope you enjoyed.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #492
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Beautiful man!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #493
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Oh you know I'll be picking that issue up for sure...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #494
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Did you have the pass fender re-painted or did modified just work some PS magic?

Car looks awesome, stoked to see whats coming!
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #495
Breareos
Leaky Injector

Breareos is an unknown quantity at this point
This is so awesome! I just wanted to post so I could subscribe to the build thread, And I will definitely be picking up that issue of modified when it drops!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #496
sharpe_corners
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
sharpe_corners is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
This guy (liam, cefiro guy,god of internet, jetsetter, thug) bought some seats off me!
sharpe_corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #497
arlok
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
arlok is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
awesome! just read the article on the modified mag and went straight to google to try to find something about it.. looks like i just found it
arlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #498
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
None of the flickr pics are working anymore got like 3/4 of the way through and got sad because I can't see anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #499
I<3-SR20DET
Leaky Injector

bump for 515/500

Old 07-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #500
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
I wouldn't mind seeing that footage

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 07-13-2014, 01:49 AM   #501
I<3-SR20DET
Leaky Injector

Its on my instagram. @kirb_ztomp
That is all I update anymore.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #502
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

^^ Ah okay, added...

Cheers my man

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 07-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #503
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
mate some of the pics arnt working on my end, would love to see after page 10 or so.

also did you get your speedo and rpm working?
really interested in the 1jz swap, as im a few months away from a possible sr20det swap into one of these,
i dont really like RB

jz or sr
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:22 PM   #504
wacko2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
wacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anything new on car
wacko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #505
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Gosh he doesn't even have anything on here from Final Bout.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:32 PM   #506
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
He came to the good land and did some skids. This car is super cool in person

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #507
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Salvarath is an unknown quantity at this point
Your pics from page 11 onward are gone bruh
Old 12-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #508
I<3-SR20DET
Leaky Injector

Ok now where do I start...

The Cefiro as we know it is long gone forever. I sold it to some fella about an hour north of me. It has since gone to the United States, Michigan to be exact.

A lot in life has changed since parting that car, I have purchased my own home, a pick up truck... and most importantly a Nissan Skyline.

My plan was to always get back into a Coupe. I had really missed the feeling of being surrounded tightly in a cockpit. I feel it is a more true sports car feeling than a sedan.

I guess I start off where I left off, please excuse me I did not take quality photos because I did not plan on this post.

So here was the cefiro in its (close to) final form. I ended up hunting down a set of Uras Exsol wheels in Japan and put them to good use.

This was the absolute final form. I ended up bringing in a Car Modify Wonder hood before realizing it was time to get rid of this thing.

Although the car had exciting times, and appeared to look exciting.. It didnt hold everything I wanted. My career had taken a turn for the better and working on cars 8 hours a night was not for me anymore. So off it went. Sold the car to some total dipshit that at the time acted all 'inspired' by the car so I cut him a crazy deal hoping he would turn around and build a cool car. I told him hey if you ever sell this thing I want it back. Turns out he was a loser and flipped the car (trying to sell it back to me for a hefty amount more lol FUCK YOU). 'But bro I gotta make a profit you kno how it be'

At this point I was un sure of what I wanted. I had grown out of welding and fabricating. What I wanted out of 'cars' in general had taken a slow but steady turn down a path much unlike the one I was on with the Cefiro.

I wanted a car that took minimal garage commitment. A car that had mostly all bolt on, yet elaborate, fun and rare parts. No cut engine bay, no extensively modified wiring. Just a fun machine with air conditioning, modern'ish' interior, NO ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION SWAPS EVER AGAIN. NO removing engines, unless engine failure occurs.

I was staying far from JZX only due to my ever so deep hatred toward R154 transmission and how fast you get carried away spending endless money on a JZ setup. This steered me toward C35 Laurel. The exterior aftermarket support was my greatest attraction to this chassis. Although it did not come manual, and remember... I did say minimal garage commitment. This chassis also did not tick the small cockpit sports car box which always kept me one click away from commitment.

Next up was R34. At this point I had just about made up my mind and decided an S15 wouldn't do it for me.

Over the course of the next four months I had not given up. I had been working mental hours saving for a house, but also making sure to keep a strict 'CAR' budget aside. I had kept my Zeta ii's, steering wheel + some other little things that sat in my room as a constant reminder. I would go on to purchase fun universal finds on yahoo in this time like an HKS Lap Timer etc.

Early January I was still cruising the nation wide classifieds as I did everyday hoping something would pop up that I could say 'FUCK, THIS IS IT' and on a sunday while cruising the internet I found THIS!

Need less to say... I nearly fell off my couch diving for my phone to contact this guy. That same night I went and looked at the car.

It was SURREAL.

The car is an ex cockpit tatebayashi demo 'street full-tune' car. It was in Tokyo Auto Salon in 2009(?) and has a lot of neat stuff on it. The presence this car emits is wild.

This is the night I brought it home.

I brought this thing home and stuffed it into storage until I purchased a house.

Next was to make it as good as possible with what I had. I ordered aero in the spring but it wasnt showing up for months so I was stuck with how it was. I started with lowering the car a bit but the Cockpit Tatebayashi coilovers were just shy of the height I wanted to achieve. I ended up getting TF Works to build me a custom set of Stance Coilovers while I was in Chicago before Final Bout. He had them ready in 2 hours! I was very excited because Stance was the first, and only coilover I ever have purchased...back in 2009. That same set ended up being on the Cefiro until the day it died. Here is what the exterior looked like by the end of 2016.
- Top Secret GTT specific bumper.
-Uras Side Skirts.
-Top secret rear diffuser with kevlar vortex generators.
-Origional Altia rear bumper (origionally was a factory Altia aero car)
-Stout Type-R hood.
-Uras Eyelid

Now we are nearly up to date on where it lies now. The car is currently undergoing a full exterior re-work. I will leave you with a hint at what will be going on.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by I<3-SR20DET; 12-27-2016 at 08:20 PM..
Old 12-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #509
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
that car is already ridiculously good looking, but that new aero is definitely going to take it up a notch. can't wait to see it all done up!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:03 AM   #510
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

One time I drove this car and it was ex·hil·a·rat·ing! Can't wait to see it in the spring friend.

CamryOnBronze.com