Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #5131
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schassis707 View Post
Ok i have another question, I just got some rucas from a friend but they dont have the little cone type spacer that connects to the pillowball mount/ heim joint. Where would i be able to find them?
I'd ask your friend for them...they may interchange, but for the most part they are specific to the RUCA and the bearing used....and are not off the shelf items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffary View Post
Going to do timing chain guide.
Old valve cover gasket is leaking = need new gasket.
EBAY $15.
KRAGEN 23$ but with 1 year warranty.
Heard that you should always get new gasket when you remove/put back valve cover.

SHOULD I BUY EBAY, OR KRAGEN AND GET NEW GASKET WITH WARRANTY EVERYTIME I OPEN VALVE COVER?
I've never EVER heard of a warranty on a gasket like that, but think of it this way

Ebay 15 bucks...gotta wait a week...and gotta pay for shipping (which will put it near 23 dollars anyway)

Kragan 23 dollars...have it today, isntalled today, and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_sr20 View Post
Who makes the lowest seat rails? Bride, Nagisa, Buddy Club? If the answer is Bride, wich type do i want? Seat will be side mount. Thanks!
At 28 years old, I'm sure you know better than asking this. SEARCH!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #5132
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by .emerson. View Post
Anybody used these? If so please enlighten me! If not tell me your opinion based on what you know!

S14, Daily driving, commuting to school and back, frequent stop and go.

Tokico Performance Shocks - Aftermarket and OEM Shock Absorbers, Struts and Suspension

^the D spec coil-overs
fyi - Doesn't look like they are height-adjustable, in case you are looking for that feature.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #5133
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteridaz503 View Post
Just picked up a 1.5 way, besides taking it in for it to be checked. Any way i can see if its worn out or needs a rebuild?

If im switching it from an s14 to s13 casing should i still take it in for pre load & back lash adjustment?

anyone????
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #5134
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
Sup guys.

I got an S14 and my rear driver side corner light is out.

Here's the story. Both lights were working. I noticed today that the passenger side was out, so I replaced the bulb. Worked perfectly fine. Decided to replace the drivers side one too, just to be consistent and have new bulbs in both sides. Took out the old one, put in the new one; simple stuff. However, my driver side one stopped working after that.

Any ideas as to what may have happened and what I can do? It really bugs me that it's out
you may have used a 1 prong bulb rather than a 2 prong bulb so only brakes work now or something - or a blown fuse
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #5135
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_sr20 View Post
Who makes the lowest seat rails? Bride, Nagisa, Buddy Club? If the answer is Bride, wich type do i want? Seat will be side mount. Thanks!
Nagisa is pretty much the same height as bride, but bride has a backwards tilt steeper than that of nagisa (positions the seat a bit better)

Nagisa sells dual lock, and single lock styles - so make sure you get the one you want

Bride FG rails are the ones you would be looking for, remember though - passenger bride rail is US driver side

Bride N045FG Type FG Seat Rails for Bucket Seats Nissan 240SX
Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #5136
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hey i have louder than normal brake squeal during light braking, but if i press harder it'll disappear. It will not squeal before warm up. Panic stops will stop squeal. The squeal only happens on the driver side.
- new duralast z32 brake pads on r33 calipers
- new q45 rotors
- lubed up the pads and shims
- shims are pretty old and cut up
- i've been looking at my brake fluid level and have not noticed it draining yet
- automatic bmc (bigger)

Any advice?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #5137
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Schassis707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
hey i have louder than normal brake squeal during light braking, but if i press harder it'll disappear. It will not squeal before warm up. Panic stops will stop squeal. The squeal only happens on the driver side.
- new q45 rotors
- i've been looking at my brake fluid level and have not noticed it draining yet
- automatic bmc (bigger)

Any advice?
I know the bmc is bigger for the auto but dont you still need to swap to a z32 and upgrade the lines
Schassis707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #5138
hunterw

hunterw is an unknown quantity at this point
ive got a few small questions....first one being....are all 240sx steering racks power steering? and does anyone know how long they are with the inner tie rods? and will a ka p.s. pump work with a s14 blacktop? thx
hunterw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #5139
boosted KA24DE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
boosted KA24DE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
- new q45 rotors
- automatic bmc (bigger)

Any advice?
Get better pads. those are garbage!!! I am about to swap the new ones on my Honda Pilot cuz they are loud like you mention and mine are rear. One thing to note is you may need to rebuild the calipers if they are aged. pistons locking up and not retracting will cause this type of noise also. DOES your car pull to any side when you brake?

JDM Fashion isn't always good!
boosted KA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #5140
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted KA24DE View Post
Get better pads. those are garbage!!! I am about to swap the new ones on my Honda Pilot cuz they are loud like you mention and mine are rear. One thing to note is you may need to rebuild the calipers if they are aged. pistons locking up and not retracting will cause this type of noise also. DOES your car pull to any side when you brake?
Calipers were rebuilt when I first got them.

I have been using Z32 Duralast Brake Pads for a few years, I understand that some are kinda funky but funky brake pads should not cause really loud brake squeal.

My car does not pull to any side, but I mainly hear the squeal on the driver side.

Brake pedal does not vibrate, does feel a bit soggy though or I could be over thinking things.

I forgot to mention
that the squeal use to be even louder when I just put in the new brake pads and they squealed during light and hard braking. Then I just bought that anti squeal stuff, and said whatever and bought new rotors. After I applied the lube and rotors, the sound went away but after a few days it came back and only happens during light braking.

The few solutions that I can think of right now is that I need new shims (but I have read that some people don't even run shims and are fine), I tore something in the piston while compressing them during the install but so far I do not see a noticeable drop in brake fluid from my BMC, or the brake pads are just faulty.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #5141
jdm240sx122
Zilvia Junkie

jdm240sx122 is an unknown quantity at this point
What brand of stainless cluch line would you prefer??
*Circuit sports
*Isis
*Agency power

Im soucing parts for a 5 speed swap & was wondering if anyone had any opinions on which line they thought might be superior to the other.
jdm240sx122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #5142
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm240sx122 View Post
*Circuit sports
*Isis
*Agency power

Im soucing parts for a 5 speed swap & was wondering if anyone had any opinions on which line they thought might be superior to the other.
I got mine from SPLParts and it's holding up great.

They're probably all the same anyway.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #5143
jdm240sx122
Zilvia Junkie

jdm240sx122 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Ya, thats kinda what I figured I just thought Id ask before I bought.......
jdm240sx122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:03 AM   #5144
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
you may have used a 1 prong bulb rather than a 2 prong bulb so only brakes work now or something - or a blown fuse
Well let me clear it up that the passenger side, the one that I replaced cause it was blown, works. Its just that the driver side, which wasn't blown, but I decided to replace it anyways for consistency stopped working after I replaced it.

I tried putting the old bulb back in as well, but with no success. It really bugs me. I'm thinking that a wire must have gotten fucked up somewhere in the process... but the process is so simple so I don't know how it could've gotten ruined.

Is there any way for me to check? I'm guessing with a multi meter, which I have, but not the most apt at using. Not sure where to touch, etc.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #5145
chingon
Leaky Injector

chingon is an unknown quantity at this point
ebay rads and rad. hose diameter??

I heard mishimotos had this issue at some point, and I just got an ebay rad w/inlet/outlet diameters of 1.25''. Stocker is around 1.375'', so I'm wondering if the hose is going to want to clamp on correctly. Vendor also carries the larger diameter inlet/outlet rad, but at a premium.

Anyone experience problems w/hoses coming lose/leaking? I'm hoping the clamp will close the sucker down...Will the 3mm difference screw things up?
chingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #5146
Audios
Leaky Injector

Audios is an unknown quantity at this point
will s13 ichiba 5 lugs directly bolt on an s14? And i dont think the rears work but can someone clarify the rears too? TIA
Audios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #5147
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
*Circuit sports
*Isis
*Agency power
i have agency power and, although it could be better, its working fine. I just wish it has two 90* bends, and was a tad bit shorter - like 4 inches
Old 03-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #5148
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteridaz503 View Post
anyone????
No way to tell until you tear it apart. In thoery, you shoudln't need to change anything preload/adjust wise, as you're only swapping the differential over to the housing, not the gears. Still a good idea to check, but I'd be willing to bet that 95% of 240 guys with LSD just swap em in and do burnouts.

Quote:
Sounds like the pad itself. Some will sqeal, some won't.

I'd take it out onto the highway and do some 70mph to 20 stops in a row (do like 3 in a row). Don't come to a complete stop, just brake till 20, then accel back to 70 and repate. 3 times and you'll feel the pedal getting squishy...then drive 10 or so miles on the highway without touching the brakes, this will help cool em off. Turn around, use the brakes lightly, and then drive another 10 miles or so without touching the brakes. THis should help bed them in. May help reduce noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingon View Post
I heard mishimotos had this issue at some point, and I just got an ebay rad w/inlet/outlet diameters of 1.25''. Stocker is around 1.375'', so I'm wondering if the hose is going to want to clamp on correctly. Vendor also carries the larger diameter inlet/outlet rad, but at a premium.
We didn't have any issues with the Mishimoto's i've installed with OEM or Samco hoses...just use a quality clamp and you'll be good.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #5149
dillardkid121
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
dillardkid121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My idle oscillates between 1500 and 2000rpm after the car is warm but on start up its idles at about 2200rpms which sounds kind of high to me. Also when I rev high and shift my car spits smoke likes its a diesel. I have a redtop sr20 and was wondering if anybody could think of what the problem is.
dillardkid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #5150
chiboy002
Post Whore!

kinda same problem

if im driving and my car is well after being warmed up (oil temps and everything are warm)

idle will change between 700, 1200, and 1800 rpms. Sometimes it'll stick at 1800 for a bit then drop back to 1200 then slowly to 700 - sometimes right to 1200 - and sometimes normal

any ideas? IACV adjustment didn't fix it very much
Old 03-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #5151
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
? inch of the holes on the S14 trunk
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #5152
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
*Circuit sports
*Isis
*Agency power

just want to also chime in,. i had a circuit sports, and I had it rubbing against the header "down tube?" for 10,000 miles before a hole burned through. Keep in mind the line is under some pretty high pressure. So no complaints for the quality there.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #5153
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
kinda same problem

if im driving and my car is well after being warmed up (oil temps and everything are warm)

idle will change between 700, 1200, and 1800 rpms. Sometimes it'll stick at 1800 for a bit then drop back to 1200 then slowly to 700 - sometimes right to 1200 - and sometimes normal

any ideas? IACV adjustment didn't fix it very much
Did you clean the IACV? Sure no vacuum issues? Remember the only way for it to really change idle is to put the car into timing/idle mode and then adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post
Which holes?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #5154
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Schassis707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Ok so I have dmax crystal lights but kinda like the smoked ones more, I was wondering if there is a film that i can place over them to make them temporarily smoked as if i want to take it off i can? will window tint work and just not heat it on them so it will come off?
Schassis707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #5155
joshls2
Leaky Injector

joshls2 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post

o__O ..thats weird, I just measured mine today. heres what I came up with:
the first hole(closest to the front of the car) is 3/8.
the second hole(behind it)is 10mm.
and the fifth,largest hole(the right side)is 12mm.

I'm assuming ur getting hole plugs, as am I, so here is a cool website for ya': http://www.widgetco.com/hole-plugs
joshls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #5156
Driice
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
Driice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just bought a 98 240sx and when I check the Carfax it'll say 240sx SE/LE. I'm not sure why it says both trims? I've checked other 240sx Carfax and it'll either say SE or LE, but mine says both? Any reason why?
Driice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #5157
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to be installing new adjustable RUCAs and toe rods. From what I know, and have read, I can just use the bolts that held the stock arms on. Can anyone confirm?

Also, I just installed OP Parts rotors from FR Sport on all 4 wheels, and Hawk HP+ pads in front and some Duralast Gold pads in the rear from Autozone. Didn't bleed fluid or adjust the ebrake. Would that be the reason the pedal feels a little softer than before, and the ebrake doesn't lock up the rear wheels like it used to? It actually doesn't lock the wheels at all... Or do I just have to wear the pads in a little bit? Also, when I brake a little harder, it kind of pulls to the right side, and I don't think it did that before, can the brakes be causing this?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #5158
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driice View Post
I just bought a 98 240sx and when I check the Carfax it'll say 240sx SE/LE. I'm not sure why it says both trims? I've checked other 240sx Carfax and it'll either say SE or LE, but mine says both? Any reason why?
They all say that. There is no difference in the VINs between the trims.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #5159
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schassis707 View Post
Ok so I have dmax crystal lights but kinda like the smoked ones more, I was wondering if there is a film that i can place over them to make them temporarily smoked as if i want to take it off i can? will window tint work and just not heat it on them so it will come off?
Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style

Kinda pricey though.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #5160
arj

arj is an unknown quantity at this point
whats up guys i need some help so my stock kade with header, testpipe and 3" exhaust has a problem it won't rev past 4000 rpm and i still have the stock airbox. TIA
arj is offline   Reply With Quote