Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #5221
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^
they were beastly...and that sound!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_M8IDjBbnM
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #5222
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Out of anyone's budget on this forum, but still a RWD and rocking two doors.

The P15 is Coming to Save the Less Fortunate: McLaren Themselves
Old 01-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #5223
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
^^
Too bad the Furai burned down. I wonder how it could have influenced Mazda's direction. It was their last hurrah of building ridiculous cars. They seem to have given up after that.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #5224
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Paul walker Roger Roda -.-
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #5225
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
^^
If you ever heard that car in person, you'd realize why a lot of people thought it was annoying. I rarely say this, but that car was too damn loud.

Besides, they had their kryptonite at the peak of their game aka loose regulations...

#87 got dat azz in 2009.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #5226
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't even think I'd be mad at nissan for this.
Nissan's New Le Mans Engine Has 400 HP And Can Fit In Your Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopnik

The motor you see above will help power the new Nissan ZEOD RC, the world's fastest electric race car, which is set to debut in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June. With the wheels driven entirely by electric power, the ZEOD RC can hit speeds of more than 186 mph.

The motor is a 1.5-liter turbocharged three-cylinder engine called DIG-T R that puts out 400 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque while weighing just 88 pounds.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #5227
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
This is why I love real motorsports. The technology developed will reach the consumer in time.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #5228
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
I don't even think I'd be mad at nissan for this.
Nissan's New Le Mans Engine Has 400 HP And Can Fit In Your Hands
Gas engines can kick so much more ass, when they only have to concentrate on making actual power, not being versitile enough to directly turn the wheels at a huge variety of speeds, and for powerband/rpm characteristics well suited to shifting (or rather, delaying shifting).
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #5229
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I know this has been posted already, but I can't get enough of this car. I hope this get's built.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #5230
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
got this post on facebook last night:

Nissan IDx Concepts to Make SoCal Road Trip » AutoGuide.com News

any socal peeps down to check it out at cars and coffee?
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #5231
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome. Car looks dope in person.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #5232
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
got this post on facebook last night:

Nissan IDx Concepts to Make SoCal Road Trip » AutoGuide.com News

any socal peeps down to check it out at cars and coffee?

I don't know about making it to Irvine at that time in the morning .lol Though I could definitely catch it at the Peterson Museum that is like 4-5 miles from here.

Oh in the Kia Stinger thread several peeps are calling it(IDX) downright ugly . Like the Stinger does'nt have its own design miscues and its a pure concept at this point. Where as the IDX is well on its way to being a realized in market vehicle. lol

You know the funny thing is while I liked the FRS/BRZ there is something about the IDX. The more I look at it especially the Nismo version the more I am strongly affected by it. I like this thing, there is something throwback but cool and uniquely modern about it as well. It strikes the perfect balance of nodding to heritage yet looking futuristic all at once. This is a win in my book for the 21st century. If its got the performance it will sell well in my opinion.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #5233
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^So wait... the IDX's can move under their own power already? Nissan needs to hurry up and confirm what engine/transmission that things gonna have. I definitely agree that the Nismo IDX's mix of retro/modern themes stirs my automotive soul much more than the Stinger...

I think I remember Nissan doing the same tour thing for the 370z when it first came out. But that was a production ready car at that point, IIRC...

So much info about the Stinger is out & that thing hasn't even gotten the green light yet...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #5234
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i think the issue with the IDx is that people were expecting a silvia, not the Ford/Chevy inspired retro path Nissan decided to take.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #5235
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i think the issue with the IDx is that people were expecting a silvia, not the Ford/Chevy inspired retro path Nissan decided to take.
Exactly my thoughts. Our local 240 board, one person mentioned how tall they think the car is, but I think it's just shorter and stubby, rather than tall.

Quote:
I think the car is a lot shorter in length than what people are thinking. While part of me is glad to see Nissan coming out with something to challenge the FR-S...I think they kinda missed the marque by going TOO retro...it's like they're trying to shout at the retro-inspired Camaro/Mustang/Challenger models for style, while only challenging the FR-S/GenCoupe in the performance section. IMO, it doesn't look as good as an FR-S, and it damn sure doesn't perform like a Mustang, so it's really the worst of both worlds.

Problem is, the 510 had a cult following...it wasn't a widely appreciated car outside of the hardcore peeps. I think it will sell...but only to people who have been begging Nissan for SOMETHING, or the parents who were around for the 510 and are buying something for their kid to drive. If this car had been more of a 240SX replacement (think S16) than a CSP311 Silvia/510 throwback, I'd have my name on a waiting list...and I'm afraid that a lot of people share that mentality.
^ My post from the local board.

If you go onto the Nissan website where they talk about the IDx, the site makes some comment about their 'traditionally boxy shaped cars' which I guess can be true if you don't look past anything they did in the 70's. Yes, the R32-34 was boxy compared to the Z cars, but those were also sedan based, unlike the Z chassis. Evidently, the Z is the exception to their boxy 'history', but that's the car that made them a household name in American racing. I'm still trying to understand where they're going with the IDx, and what consumer group they're targeting.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #5236
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Our local 240 board, one person mentioned how tall they think the car is, but I think it's just shorter and stubby, rather than tall.

I've seen the car in person. It is NOT TALL. It's actually about the same height as an FRS. The car is TINY. U have a 6' guy walk up to it to measure it and it was about up to the top of his abs. Just as an estimate I'd say it's very very close to the FRS's 50.6" height.

EDIT: OK my estimate was right. The height of the FRS is 1,285 mm and the iDX is 1.3mm. So my estimate of height was pretty much right no. Trust me, the car is SMALL.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #5237
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Yeah, that's what I figured haha.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #5238
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post

^ My post from the local board.

If you go onto the Nissan website where they talk about the IDx, the site makes some comment about their 'traditionally boxy shaped cars' which I guess can be true if you don't look past anything they did in the 70's. Yes, the R32-34 was boxy compared to the Z cars, but those were also sedan based, unlike the Z chassis. Evidently, the Z is the exception to their boxy 'history', but that's the car that made them a household name in American racing. I'm still trying to understand where they're going with the IDx, and what consumer group they're targeting.

Wow you so missed some real facts. first off while you think the 510 was cult status from a pure marketing standpoint it was a runaway hit. It was produced for 5 years from 68-73 they sold hundreds of thousands of them. Actually much bigger numbers than 240sx's. you could not blink in the mid 70;s without seeing a 510 in some form. They were in every rental car fleet.
Now lets go into the amazing racing heritage of the car. It alongside the Z swept IMSA and SCCA in the early 70's . It beat out the BMW 2002 and Alfa Romeo GTV for championship titles 3 years straight. The double punch of it and the Z is what put Nissan on the map here. The Z cemented the pure sports cars group and the 510 cemented the daily driver econobox/sports sedan crowd. For two generations of kids succeeding its release it was the entry level sports sedan to own. Much like your beloved 240s except Nissan actually sold lots more 510's.

Truthfully more people remember Datsun 510's than people who actually remember NIssan 240sx's in the general public's eye. That is just a fact whether you chose to accept it, its reality. The 240sx is the epitome of cult status in the U.S.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #5239
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Wow you so missed some real facts. first off while you think the 510 was cult status from a pure marketing standpoint it was a runaway hit. It was produced for 5 years from 68-73 they sold hundreds of thousands of them. Actually much bigger numbers than 240sx's. you could not blink in the mid 70;s without seeing a 510 in some form. They were in every rental car fleet.
Now lets go into the amazing racing heritage of the car. It alongside the Z swept IMSA and SCCA in the early 70's . It beat out the BMW 2002 and Alfa Romeo GTV for championship titles 3 years straight. The double punch of it and the Z is what put Nissan on the map here. The Z cemented the pure sports cars group and the 510 cemented the daily driver econobox/sports sedan crowd. For two generations of kids succeeding its release it was the entry level sports sedan to own. Much like your beloved 240s except Nissan actually sold lots more 510's.

Truthfully more people remember Datsun 510's than people who actually remember NIssan 240sx's in the general public's eye. That is just a fact whether you chose to accept it, its reality. The 240sx is the epitome of cult status in the U.S.
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm quite fine with them not reviving the silvia/240sx. I'd much rather a re-visioned 510.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #5240
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Uhhh... I'd rather have a revived Silvia, honestly. But I'm certainly not complaining about a 510/Hakosuka/CSP311 successor instead.

It's like ordering a pepporoni pizza and them showing up with sausage instead. I'm like "Meh. Not what I asked for but, you know what? I'll take it."
Old 01-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #5241
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Same , I don't understand where Nissan thought their fan base was hoping for a mini charger or "old looking car"
with all the company's coming out with sexy inovative designs....
I hope it sells tho...
or maybe not so they wake up lol...
anyways I think the nismo version looks neat.. like a cool car to have..
more like a collectors item then a badass car..
Old 01-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #5242
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The IDx IS a Silvia. It looks like the spitting image of the original. Of all the places online talking about the car you'd think this place would be on the same page about it.

They gave us what we asked for and we keep bitching that it isn't an S15.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #5243
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The IDx IS a Silvia. It looks like the spitting image of the original. Of all the places online talking about the car you'd think this place would be on the same page about it.

It just means people dont like the styling, not much more than that.
People weren't saying "give us anything nissan!!! anything sporty"... they were saying give us a continuation to the S line.. not a retro, restart.

I for one dont feel stuck to the Nissan brand, I think 90% of nissans cars are hideous. I like certain models only....If another company comes out with a rad car I will consider that one. So when a company that made a car I love, cant get the new one right..that's what happens.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #5244
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
But it is a restart. The S chassis is fully dead. This new car didn't have to have anything to do with the S series or the Silvia lineage. They are throwing a bone to the people that it should matter to and most everyone is turning their noses up to it.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #5245
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I'm not saying people have to like this car but the reasons I keep seeing for why they don't don't make any sense.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #5246
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Whoa whoa, slow down there, cowboy. Just because we know it isn't a continuation of the S-Chassis Silvia line doesn't mean we don't like it. It's just an option we never saw coming and were a bit surprised by Nissan with it.

Now, where you need to be throwing some vitriol is on the 510 forums. Their hate for this car is completely irrational to me. Whereas this car isn't the new S-Chassis we asked for, it is EXACTLY what they asked for and they're on the warpath with torches and pitchforks.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #5247
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

There is no vitriol here.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #5248
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
the NISMO model is just awesome looking in my book, especially for a concept! im really excited to see how they clean it up for a production model. say goodbye to the non-connected pillar in the rear, wrap around rear glass. say hello to actual bumpers and headlights that match nissans current design language a bit more closely and say hello to a 5/6 speed manual tranny mated to a new generation 2.0 liter turbo engine pushing 215+hp!

everyone is so wrapped up with the looks of the car...theyre forgetting that this thing (and ive said this before) has to be, AT THE VERY LEAST, on the same performance level as the FRS if it wants to compete AT ALL! i was a little taken back when i first saw it by its boxy design, but what immediately came to mind was the first gen silvia, the 70s laurel, the 70s skylines and the 70s bluebirds. it was REALLY nice to see nissan acknowledging its heritage for the first time ever!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #5249
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
So it was the Dodge Neon of 1968?

Quote:
Now lets go into the amazing racing heritage of the car. It alongside the Z swept IMSA and SCCA in the early 70's .
Kinda like how the Dodge Neon was a big SCCA hit when launched? Remember the ACR version?

Quote:
It beat out the BMW 2002 and Alfa Romeo GTV for championship titles 3 years straight.
Yet both of those cars command significantly more esteem and value today.

Quote:
The double punch of it and the Z is what put Nissan on the map here.
100% Agree.

European Styling at a fraction of the price in a competent reliable package.

Quote:
The Z cemented the pure sports cars group and the 510 cemented the daily driver econobox/sports sedan crowd. For two generations of kids succeeding its release it was the entry level sports sedan to own.
Yet those kids grew up to be middle aged men who now are the driving force behind the insane pricing of Air Cooled Porsches, 60's Corvettes and Classic Muscle cars.

I have never once met anyone that waxes and wanes like you do. I suspect if I ever did meet someone they'd say "yeah, had one back in school, fun car. Ya know what was hot thou, my buddy had a '71 Challenger RT. Bright red with white vinyl interior and a 360 with air-grab. My god that car was amazing. Fool sold it when he got married, I bet he regrets it now"

Quote:
Much like your beloved 240s except Nissan actually sold lots more 510's.
Chevy sold a crap ton of Chevettes too, what's your point? The 510 was the Sentra of it's day. The only thing is, all cars back then had RWD.

Quote:
Truthfully more people remember Datsun 510's than people who actually remember NIssan 240sx's in the general public's eye.
Meh... you'd have to take a survey. I do know most people think the 240sx is just a later model of the 240Z.

Quote:
That is just a fact whether you chose to accept it, its reality. The 240sx is the epitome of cult status in the U.S.
If the 240sx is a "cult status" car, then the 510 is a forgot relic (much like the RX-3, 70's Celica et al.).

I can't go in a Barns and Noble and thumb through a ANY magazine ever making reference to the 510. There is almost always one magazine talking about a 240sx part or a 240sx feature car. It's the Japanese Mustang.

Quote:
say hello to actual bumpers and headlights that match nissans current design language a bit more closely and say hello to a 5/6 speed manual tranny mated to a new generation 2.0 liter turbo engine pushing 215+hp!
215? Is that some sort of insider rumor or just your own speculation?

I pray it will be closer to 300, like 297 closer.

Hyudai's 1.6l Turbo is putting out 201hp and the Volester gets 25/35mpg.

Fiesta ST is also a 1.6l turbo making 197hp with 26/35mpg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Now, where you need to be throwing some vitriol is on the 510 forums. Their hate for this car is completely irrational to me. Whereas this car isn't the new S-Chassis we asked for, it is EXACTLY what they asked for and they're on the warpath with torches and pitchforks.
Interesting.

Quote:
This.

The problem is, if the IDX is to tug at the heart strings of former 510 owners, it's in the wrong market segment.

Asking 16-25 year olds to car about a car made 40 years ago and that they have likely never seen is a stretch.

The 510 is no where near as iconic as the Mini Cooper or VW Beetle and it's not cute and cheeky like a Fiat 500.

I just don't get it.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #5250
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post

Once again King I am right there with you. Except to add it blended the 510 and Silvia but there is no mistaking the heritage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
So it was the Dodge Neon of 1968?

Kinda like how the Dodge Neon was a big SCCA hit when launched? Remember the ACR version?

Yet both of those cars command significantly more esteem and value today.

Yet those kids grew up to be middle aged men who now are the driving force behind the insane pricing of Air Cooled Porsches, 60's Corvettes and Classic Muscle cars.

I have never once met anyone that waxes and wanes like you do. I suspect if I ever did meet someone they'd say "yeah, had one back in school, fun car. Ya know what was hot thou, my buddy had a '71 Challenger RT. Bright red with white vinyl interior and a 360 with air-grab. My god that car was amazing. Fool sold it when he got married, I bet he regrets it now"

Chevy sold a crap ton of Chevettes too, what's your point? The 510 was the Sentra of it's day. The only thing is, all cars back then had RWD.

Meh... you'd have to take a survey. I do know most people think the 240sx is just a later model of the 240Z.

If the 240sx is a "cult status" car, then the 510 is a forgot relic (much like the RX-3, 70's Celica et al.).

I can't go in a Barns and Noble and thumb through a ANY magazine ever making reference to the 510. There is almost always one magazine talking about a 240sx part or a 240sx feature car. It's the Japanese Mustang.

once again Corbic spouts... with ramblings about the Dodge Neon in relation to the Datsun 510 . Hmm Datsun 510 a lot less expensive in its market segment than a Neon was. Hmmm Datsun 510 RWD IRS . Dodge Neon solid axle FWD. Hmmm clean 510's now sell for 5k- to upwards of 15K roughly 100%-500% above their original retail price. I don't see Dodge Neon's doing that. LOL

You must be living in BFE if people you around confuse a 240sx as being a Z car. Indeed yes it carries the heritage but Nissan did a pretty good job in the marketing of it to make the average American think its some old Nissan that secretaries bought.

Oh and since you live in BFE its no wonder you never met anyone that covets 510's or 240Z's there is an amazing fan base for both cars the stretches across the country.
Maybe you should come out of your cave of ignorance and wake the fuck up.
The only reason you see stuff about 240sx's at this point in time is because they are the cheapest way into a RWD sports oriented car at this time. Oh and high school kids are at the top of the list of people that are buying them because of that.

See the thing you fail to realize Corbic is while I think 240sx's were/are great underrated cars. I am not smoking the American fanboy crackpipe that they are something here beyond a cult car. In Japan, yes of course but not here.

What some of you fail to understand is while the IDX has retro cues it actually has a very modern look to it that will appeal to todays consumer. That is exactly what the 510 guys can't stand about it.
I am friends with Rex Jennett ex presidentt of Norcal 510 and founder of UFO and when I mentioned it on Facebook he immediately said he did not like it. Its too modern for him but its modern enough for current generations to really like it.
Corbic you have already proven to us your tastes are different and not the average person except that and just stop.
Your arguments are flailing with poor examples and not much facts just your opinion. I keep on throwing pertinent facts back at you.

Oh and don't take offense as you did engage this debate.

New Video
Buy my mounts!