Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #5251
JDMB0iKT
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
JDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfectionJDMB0iKT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMB0iKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thats14guy View Post
why would you put a 35 up front and a 40 in the rear? shits dumb.
Shit looks dope.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #5252
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
Quote:
if your calling his car dumb you better post some pics of your car and hopefully its pretty fuckin amazing or shut the fuck up.
Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #5253
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
That car is so rough. Love it.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #5254
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
nice stretch on that 12

sucks how kumho ecstas didnt work on the 12 i have for the rears..

and that was a 235/40/18 too

downer.
randyjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #5255
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowwhoyou_r View Post
sorry but that s4 look like shit.
need smaller width wheel or more offset, less stretched tires.

thats my 2cent
your 2 cents don't add up to 1.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #5256
irregartless
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
irregartless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
irregartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #5257
JVD
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
You're dumb.

...And that M30 looked way better without aero.

NO JOKE
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #5258
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbroke_kidX View Post
if your calling his car dumb you better post some pics of your car and hopefully its pretty fuckin amazing or shut the fuck up.
^ i died

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #5259
Team Aero-K
Zilvia Junkie

Team Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant future
Team Mate Ryan's Roadster

My car

Old 06-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #5260
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Why would you put a smaller sidewall up front?

Are you fucking kidding?

So it won't rub as much under load, as you can tell by previous pictures he actually DRIFTS, so rubbing and scrubbing off speed under full lock is important.

Someone needs to read up on wheel fitment, and like the other guy said, STFU you're just making yourself look like a dumbass.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #5261
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Those two cars up there need to go lower.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #5262
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Zilvia Junkie

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nice
Quote:
haha!!! everyone has a right to their own opinion.

actually i would really prefer to have the 40s up front to get that safe ride height but, this is gonna be my full on street/battle car so i wanna keep it as low as it will go. also with the 40s up front i could slam my fronts with no perches but when i drove it under load, it would scrub my speed and mess up my steering at full lock. now with the 35s, i have no probem at all and would never consider going back to a 40. plus i love that pam anderson/tommy lee nasty stretch look.

you cant really tell from the pix but ive gotten about an extra inch or so of clearance with the smaller tire.

235-40

225-35

235-40

225-35

if you read my post though, the 235-40s out back were only a test run. i figured a 235 stretch across the 12 it would shorten the height a little but it seems to have worked the other way around. after realizing how much taller they were, im definatly gonna go back to a 35 in the rear. 235-40 is one of those sizes i would never buy and have absolutly no use for and feddies are definatly not worth re-selling. when i bought my rims they were brand new and on the fronts so, i figured what the hell throw them on rears for few hours and blow them out. any 35 series 18s arent cheap and as you can tell by my busted ass car im pretty low in the funding department so, i was just working with what i had

sorry for the long story =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbroke_kidX View Post
haha that gave me a good chuckle. ill have to remember that for all the goons that talk smack and never post their imaginary cars. thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjordan View Post
nice stretch on that 12

sucks how kumho ecstas didnt work on the 12 i have for the rears..

and that was a 235/40/18 too

downer.
damn that sux man!! but yeah it definatly depends on the rim AND tire combo. ive had a hard time just getting 225-40s on 10.5 meisters but with a slight blast from the cheetah, these almost aired right up. feddies are extra meaty and easy to stretch though. what kind rims were they though???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
You're dumb.

...And that M30 looked way better without aero.

NO JOKE
wow i think youre the first one to say that. as in stock body and smaller wheels also??? i kinda like that idea too but, i just wanted to do a kit m30 for the hell of it. that and i kinda slid up a driveway and grazed a tree coming back off of the curb trying to avoid 2 cars that spun out in front of me. it blew out the corner of the rear bumper and these cars are pretty hard to find parts for here in hawaii. shipping a bumper with the support would of been more than half of what i paid for the kit so i figured what the hell, might as well go for it. that and ive had about 4 different m30s and they all looked the same so i was kinda over it.

current

2004-05

2005-06

2006-07

you get the idea gets kinda boring after a while

hopefully when im done with it you may change your view. if not oh wells i like it, cant please everybody. thanks for your sharing your thoughts though.(seriously, not being sarcastic) honestly any opinion is better than none. if someone doesnt like something then that helps give me some ideas on what to start changing up next.

and a BIG THANKS to everyone for the nice words and comments!!!! definatly motivates me alot to get off my a$$ and finish this piece already.

Last edited by jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj; 06-24-2009 at 04:25 PM..
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #5263
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
I liked it most at this state. Something about big wide wheels and pull on stock body(no aero) that looked cool.

I'm interested to see what it'll look like all finished up though.

Props for doing something different.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #5264
irregartless
BANNED

irregartless is an unknown quantity at this point
nice endo

irregartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #5265
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Man.

you are way off.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #5266
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wait... why the fuck are you using a heat gun and magazine if ur shit is primered. Take that blue thing thats holding your car up and jam that in ur fender... then drive.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #5267
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
lol at that it obviously didnt work nice dent.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #5268
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

lol.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #5269
PacificDrift_Nick
Zilvia Junkie

PacificDrift_Nick is an unknown quantity at this point
holycrap! thats awesome!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #5270
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj View Post

Way fucking cool.

S13 guy.
Seriously?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #5271
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #5272
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
that's how my buddies decided the would do it, so it wouldn't dent his fenders on his coupe. AND BAM.... he has mad ugly dents in his new paint now.... so funny
Old 06-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #5273
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
I dont get how the fender dents like that. I have pulled fenders super ghetto by having dudes stand in the trunk and jump up and down this a stack of newpaper on the wheel and the fender didnt ripple or buckle like that
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #5274
tire_machine
Leaky Injector

tire_machine is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the rear fender "dimples" from using a roller and a heat gun, simply because a) I didn't heat the metal enough while pulling or b) I used too much force per roll/pull instead of gradually pulling it out. Or a combination of both.

The metal has internal stresses now...I know one way to get it out is to actually cut the fender and relieve the stress, but is there another solution? I tried pulling it with those plunger dent pullers, no luck. I've heard of inflating a basketball under the dent to push it out...
tire_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #5275
robz_11

robz_11 is an unknown quantity at this point
dam jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj you mento fahka... hahahaha that shiet look sweet.... love the vid too!!!
robz_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #5276
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tire_machine View Post
I got the rear fender "dimples" from using a roller and a heat gun, simply because a) I didn't heat the metal enough while pulling or b) I used too much force per roll/pull instead of gradually pulling it out. Or a combination of both.

The metal has internal stresses now...I know one way to get it out is to actually cut the fender and relieve the stress, but is there another solution? I tried pulling it with those plunger dent pullers, no luck. I've heard of inflating a basketball under the dent to push it out...
we used a piece of wood on the inside of the car to brace the metal and keep it from buckling-just a little scrap of a 2x4 or something. worked okay-mainly just need ALOT of patience.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #5277
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I pulled my fenders a bit.... Started off with rolling um with an actual roller. Then got new wheels and needed a tad pull. So. I decided to jap my jack handel infont of the tire and let the car roll backwards down the driveway. Easiest way to do it by urself for sure. Faster you let the car go the less of a pull you get it seems like. I some how didnt buckel my quarters though.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #5278
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Just make sure to use plenty of heat and there will be no need to worry about getting the dent. I have pulled my fenders plenty of times and never got it.

However, if you get it, do not despair. I have heard of people being able to pop it out from the inside by inflating a futball/basketball behind the quarter panel.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #5279
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ knowledge!
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #5280
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
mounted my tires today. can't wait to get them on the car!

215/35r18 on 9.5"