Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #511
Fortitude

Trader Rating: (0)
Fortitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This thread is so much win, love the progress and the quality of parts. Subscribed.
Fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #512
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ thanks man!

I just confirmed the numbers with Matt at Monkey Wrench:

Quote:
It made 285whp at the lowest boost setting which is around 9psi at high rpm. 310whp is 10-11psi at high rpm. 347whp was at 14-15psi at high rpm.
Again, that is on a DynaPack, so the numbers should be a bit high. But I am still really happy with the result- pretty much just what I was expecting!

Not sure if other Zilvians are involved or not, but I made the top 16 in the Wiring Specialties photo contest and I am trying to make the top 8 now. If you'd like to vote, here is the link!

WS Harness Set RAFFLE - TOP 16 !!!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #513
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^^^^
just to double check before i vote you put the picture of how your car used to look like right? (Chuki front, Xenon lip & Time Atack wheels)
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #514
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Yep haha, I didn't have the car back on the road yet when I had to submit the pic. But yeah, Mine is the one that says "Damon Young!"

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #515
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

ok thankz man ill vote for ya no prob & good luck
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #516
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
just voted for you! (and Eugene)
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #517
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Good to see things worked out at the dyno, I'm not going to NC this weekend if you want to get up with me.
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #518
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Nice numbers man, great work.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #519
UG-T
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
UG-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I guess you hit your power goals just fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I don't really have a crazy power goal in mind. I guess whatever it can make reliably with this setup. I'd be really happy if it made between 275-300whp.
UG-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #520
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks guys! Yeah, I was pretty sure from my research that this setup would do about 300whp, so I am happy. Everything seems to be in order for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Good to see things worked out at the dyno, I'm not going to NC this weekend if you want to get up with me.
Cool man, I'll hit you up!

I got home late last night, but I believe I managed to find and correct the oil leak. I am really lucky that I didn't have further to drive than I did- this was a nasty leak. The underside of the car is trashed, so tonight I am going to change the filter, fill the oil, and make sure everything checks out- then give the whole underside a good scrub down and cleaning. There are also some areas that could use some more undercoating, so I may address that as well.

The exhaust leak is fixed now too- so hopefully it will be ready to rock for the weekend by this evening! And hopefully the trail of oil will come out of my driveway... lol.

Assuming the spot I found was correct, the oil leak was from one of the turbo lines near the block. The banjo bolt was tight in the block, but this portion of the line had come loose:

[Image Lost]

I didn't see low oil pressure or anything on the way home, so I am hoping that everything checks out OK tonight. The oil level was just slightly above full when i left the shop, so I think it should be fine. Very close call, though!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #521
Face Man

Trader Rating: (3)
Face Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I casted my vote. This car looks amazing good job.
Face Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #522
jambadre
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jambadre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Got my vote... your car is mind blowing.
jambadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #523
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks for the votes!

I got the oil and exhaust leaks fixed last night- planning to cruise all weekend. I'll take some new pics as well!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #524
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

^^^^

Do it, cant wait lol
Old 08-14-2010, 02:49 AM   #525
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

We ended up hanging out with my wife's grandparents during tuning since they live about ten minutes from the shop. Old people dig 240s... lol.
I was just going to mention this theme you have going with your build...Good to hear that you sorted the oil leak...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #526
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
So you're SERIOUSLY not coming to Toby's cookout?
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #527
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ WHAT!?! I responded and told him i would be there! The WIFE is wimping out, not me! lol. I just need to know the weekend so that I can mark the calendar and make sure we don't have anything planned. I am totally planning to make it out though, I'll probably find someone to ride along... but I don't think the wife wants to go.

Here are some new pics I snapped during the weekend's festivities:

So I started the car yesterday to back it out to wash it, and heard a really loud squeal. Alternator belt- I was actually surprised it took that long to loosen up after breaking in. So I tightened up, feeling accomplished that my 240 issue for the day was behind me. I backed it out and started hosing it down, only to find this:

Fail! These tires have two tanks of gas on them, lol. Luckily, my friend that manages a Discount Tire said it can be fixed, so I'll take it in on my lunch today and get it taken care of- then I'll be back on the road tomorrow! So annoying, haha.I spent the rest of the afternoon washing the exterior and cleaning the interior out.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:34 PM..
Old 08-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #528
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
^ WHAT!?! I responded and told him i would be there! The WIFE is wimping out, not me! lol. I just need to know the weekend so that I can mark the calendar and make sure we don't have anything planned. I am totally planning to make it out though, I'll probably find someone to ride along... but I don't think the wife wants to go.
Oh reallllly. Last I heard you weren't coming bc the wife made fun of you. Tob had a few of us over for the Bears preseason game Saturday and we sat around and made fun of you for bitching out. But I take whatever jests I may have made back now if you're coming. I've got garage space/a place for you to crash if you dont want to make the trip both ways that day

oh and I'm definitely shooting your car for you..ugh its so sick.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #529
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Sounds awesome man! I sent Toby a follow-up email saying I was for sure down to go, just needed to know the date and will probably need a place to crash- I appreciate that man! I guess I wasn't firm enough in expressing that I wanted to for sure get down there, haha. Just keep me posted on what develops... I have to redeem myself now, LOL.

Your garage looks baller!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #530
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Ok good to hear. I assume you've heard the date is Sunday, September 12th and have seen the threads on the forums?

The garage is definitely a very sweet setup, but I live at home so I can't exactly take credit for it. My stepdad is also a huge car guy so it was a big selling factor for the house. It is 3 bay, 2ish cars deep. I finish school in one year so I hope to own something similar not too long after if I play my cards right.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #531
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

OK cool, thanks for the heads up! I didn't know the date or details, so I will have to do some searching and find that thread. I appreciate the info!

And that's legit man, you will have your own soon enough... I just got my first house/garage and it is pretty awesome to have, that's for sure!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #532
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Just in case:

http://zilvia.net/f/north-central-st...sept-12th.html

He's also got two threads on Nico, etc, if you wanted to post in those.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #533
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
kyle!!! ill be out there this year haha since im only 45 mins away.. this car is so sweeeeet
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #534
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what type of hose did you end up getting for the recirculating valve?
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #535
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplganger1 View Post
what type of hose did you end up getting for the recirculating valve?
It's actually a Goodyear 1.25" flex radiator hose that I got from Summit. It isn't the prettiest, but it has a steel wire running through it to keep it from pinching/folding over on itself. It is bent pretty good in there and hasn't kinked at all. Props to Bumnah for the recommendation!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #536
Bumnah
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Bumnah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumnah
If you mount the BOV facing backwards, you may not have to run such a long recirculation line. And no worries on the hose recommendation. Whole point of figuring shit out is to share it with others.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #537
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Ohh my goodness, Ohh my goodness.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #538
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumnah View Post
If you mount the BOV facing backwards, you may not have to run such a long recirculation line. And no worries on the hose recommendation. Whole point of figuring shit out is to share it with others.
That makes sense. Right now, both ports are facing the front of the car, so it bends in a U shape. It might be in some sort of crazy S shape if I mounted it the other way, but that might make it shorter/easier to work with for sure.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #539
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
damn it's looking great.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #540
Bumnah
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Bumnah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumnah
Have the intake tube modified to have the inlet sit like so: