Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-06-2008, 03:00 AM   #511
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
17x9 +12 ~3 degrees of camber front
18x9.5 +12 ~4 degrees of camber rear

Did a "newspaper pull".
Not my first choice of wheels, but the price is RIGHT.
One month, car's already flushed up.
Okay!
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #512
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I was going to run that exact set up on my S14....but I went with something else (which will hopefully be here in a few weeks!).

Can someone explain what a newspaper roll is?

And one picture of my old wheels to stay on topic:

Work VS-Edition:

17x8 -10
17X9 +3

The new set up will be 17X9 -2 all around with 215/45/17s.
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #513
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Can someone explain what a newspaper roll is?
Lift car, stack newspapers on top of the tire. Release jack so wheel, tire, and newspaper stack push up into the fender. The added thickness of the newspapers will "push" the fender out of the way to make clearance for the wheel and tire.

I have not used this technique myself, but this is how it was explained to me.
Anyone care to clarify?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #514
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Lift car, stack newspapers on top of the tire. Release jack so wheel, tire, and newspaper stack push up into the fender. The added thickness of the newspapers will "push" the fender out of the way to make clearance for the wheel and tire.

I have not used this technique myself, but this is how it was explained to me.
Anyone care to clarify?
Yup, that's right. Just take your coilovers out first. I used a fender roller first just to flatten that lip completely. I like the newspaper pull because it makes for pretty much perfect fitment. Only a few mm in between the tire and fender.

18 x 10.5 +18 (245/40/18)
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #515
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Can't be done up front from my understanding however because the front spindle will just move around and not hold still unlike the rear.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #516
woods

woods is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to woods
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Can't be done up front from my understanding however because the front spindle will just move around and not hold still unlike the rear.
Take the spring off?
woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #517
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Thanks for explaining guys, I'm going to try this out on my new set up if my fenders aren't already where they need to be. Do you just use a 1/4 inch (5mm) thick wad of news paper or what? Also, JVD when you say take your coilover off first....you mean just take the bolds off and let the car go lower then it should? I don't want to mess anything up.

I hope this is an alright place to ask this, it is about fitment, so it seems like an alright place, I apologize if it isn't.
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #518
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Only do it after your fenders are pretty much rolled and you need 1-3mm more clearance. Heat the fenders HOT with a heat gun.

The more paper you use, the more it will pull the fender but it will also give you more of a "gap" between tire and fender. Use as little as possible, but I used about 1/4" stack and got damn near 1mm clearance on the rear tires.

S14s it's a bitch because your guys' rear fender metal is 10x stiffer than s13.

Open the trunk and have three buddies jump up and down to really push it in. Just don't pop the bead on your tire!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #519
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
or
use finess with a fender roller

I have like 3mm clearance with about 6 hours with a fender roller and suspension adjustments total.

yeah it takes longer, but i did a HUGE pull...and i had to work the metal of hte inner fenderwell too in the rear
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #520
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
yeah it takes longer, but i did a HUGE pull...and i had to work the metal of hte inner fenderwell too in the rear
Well the newspaper system is not for huge pulls, it's for when you're jussssst touching the tire. And it takes about 15 minutes.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #521
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Thanks for explaining guys, I'm going to try this out on my new set up if my fenders aren't already where they need to be.
This way is more fun.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTK9IjKIYU[/ame]
Coolest S14 by the way.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #522
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Wow that guy has MASSIVE toe in in the rear.

I did that method on my Cressida. It's hard to make it smooth.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #523
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by woods View Post
Take the spring off?
Too much work, lol. I've used the newspaper pull to get thicker tires to fit in the rear of my Z32 and also to give clearance at full lock in the front since it's double wishbone up front.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #524
DRiiFT_JUNKii

DRiiFT_JUNKii is an unknown quantity at this point
my friends and i did that back in hawaii on his coupe, except it was with a wooden bat. and the squidd is right, its hard to make it smooth and look the same. but it works if you know what your doing.
DRiiFT_JUNKii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #525
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
I used a jack handle. It took a couple hours to get it pulled out enough but it got the job done.
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #526
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
17x10.5 +19
225/45/17

not sure about camber.

i have pmed the poster i ma trying to figure outwhat rims those are with the teal lips.. someone please chime in.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #527
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
ima say cobras or something american w/ spacers
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #528
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
they're pretty concave lookin...

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #529
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Old 01-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #530
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post

SOoOooOo hot....want to touch the hiney!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #531
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

I need to lower it about 3/4" so it touches the rim and then tucks wheel under compression.

Like this

Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #532
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdrifter View Post
i have pmed the poster i ma trying to figure outwhat rims those are with the teal lips.. someone please chime in.
There just mustang wheels. 17x10.5 +27 or something like that.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #533
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
yup, just mustang wheels. got them on ebay search "fr500"

^^those sizes are correct.

but with 8mm spacers.

and heres a side pic before aero, overs and spacers. (sorry, all i got)

but maybe you can get a better idea of how they look on a 240.

ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #534
powersteeringless180sx
Zilvia Addict

powersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
This way is more fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTK9IjKIYU
Coolest S14 by the way.
haha that's how i rolled my fenders. turned out okay for my 1st time.
powersteeringless180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #535
onevia92
Leaky Injector

onevia92 is a well-known jackass
Send a message via Yahoo to onevia92
these bad boys should get me where i want! ^_^

Last edited by onevia92; 01-11-2008 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: oops
onevia92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #536
pr0ject TRUENO
Zilvia FREAK!

pr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pr0ject TRUENO
Quote:
Originally Posted by onevia92 View Post
Please tell me youre joking

http://www.norcaldrift.org
pr0ject TRUENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #537
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Quote:
Originally Posted by onevia92 View Post
[IMG]gay picture[/IMG]

Putting on 25mm spacers to bring a 15x6 + 50 offset wheel out of the shadows is NOT wheel fitment.
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #538
got boost??
Leaky Injector

got boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura aboutgot boost?? has a spectacular aura about
heres my car.. no coils just springs and struts and wheel spacers. i need coils bad

got boost?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #539
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
Got boost did you buy that S13 sometime last year from a guy named george?
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #540
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Needs to be about 1"-2" lower and maybe 5 mm more poke for me to say it's really "fitment whore". I mean come on, you've got over fenders, use em!