Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #511
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ ur work is definatly inspirational. Ive taken many notes of your work, and applied it to my currently 5month-no issue set up....lol

wouldnt mind getting a couple more pointers from you when i re-re-redo some stuff this winter
Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #512
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I think before you call anyones work a rip off of anything then you should at least know the origins of the people you're comparing him to. LOL!!! Rywire was getting so busy he brought someone in under him (chase bays) who after some time together chase decided he knew all he needed to know to run off and start his own business and take some clients with him and Ryan has received tons of work cleaning up chases fuck-ups. I personally have no problem with Chase and I think the quality of his work has improved but he still has a stained reputation and nobody has nothing nice to say about the guy I've spoken to.
This is completely false. I had the name Chase Bays before I even thought about moving to California. An attempt at collaboration didn't work out. Whatever was told to people, true or false, was out of my hands. Do you know that we have fixed said competitors work too? We have, a lot. Engine Harnesses, Brake Lines, Fuel Lines, Brake Booster Delete Kits, Power Steering Kits. These items are all ideas that, in the purpose and market they serve, noone else offered when Chase Bays released them. That is a fact.

Here is a thread from 2007 displaying my wiring months before I made the move to California.

Custom Stealth K20 tuck harness i made... - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

We are product creators and/or innovators, I hope that our original product line proves that. This is why we are still here today always considering and creating a better and easier way. No intellectual property has been taken to build our products. Just on Zilvia alone we have hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers.

Thats all, just have to let the facts be known

-Chase

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188

Last edited by Chase Bays; 09-26-2011 at 04:17 PM..
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #513
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

To direct the thread to its origin,

Old 09-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #514
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #515
blatantforchange
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
blatantforchange is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Favorite z: inzane240

blatantforchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #516
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Do you know that we have fixed said competitors work too?
Yeah I know what Ryans background in wiring is too that's why I'm neutral, don't really buy into everything I hear I just think it's funny that as a business you guys have everyone of your customers talking shit about each others work. Weather it's willingly or unwillingly.

You let me know when someone needs to go fix something Jeff did that wasn't a "hey can you repair my shit wiring job in hopes another problem I didn't forsee or want to pay you for to replace everything may pop up elsewhere." and I'll question having him touch my car.

But being my father comes from a similar background as him with electronics I think I know where my money will be going. I think all of your other products and collaborations are innovative and cool, I just don't have a desire to put anything manufactured by either of you "higher quality" guys on my car given both of your reputations and attitudes.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #517
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
^^ W T F ???

is everything to make that car functional actually hooked up? that is the most insane tuck i think i've ever seen.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #518
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its not controlled by a computer, so it doesn't need dozens of wires in the first place.. not much to tuck
Old 09-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #519
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Its not controlled by a computer, so it doesn't need dozens of wires in the first place.. not much to tuck
Bingo. That's why so many tucks and shaved bay ideas have stemmed out of the hot rod community. They've been doing this stuff for YEARS.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #520
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
Bingo. That's why so many tucks and shaved bay ideas have stemmed out of the hot rod community. They've been doing this stuff for YEARS.
Yeah, non fuel injected vehicles are cake. A customer of mine wanted me to tuck his Camaro over the summer. Keep in mind, I don't do tucks for a living. I did my own car and that's it... and this Camaro was super easy. This is how he brought it to me:

You can even see in this pic the fan relay just zip tied to the electric fan out in the open... I just don't understand people sometimes. If you are wiring it up from the get go, it's no more time consuming to hide it and make it presentable.

This is how it left at the end of the day with everything rewired, hidden, Techflex sleeving throughout, heat shrinked and so on:

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #521
OHHSHH

Trader Rating: (0)
OHHSHH is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OHHSHH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32TT-R View Post
Mine as of right now, still need to tuck the p/s res.

good job. especially for a z.

looks like you can actually work on the car now with som much space. hahah
OHHSHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #522
Z32TT-R
Zilvia Member

Z32TT-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

That looks so sexy, I wish there was something like this for us. Our cars always have issues with the OEM harness bc of the heat/crappy outdated connectors, which obviously leads to many problems for us.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #523
OHHSHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadacolor View Post
^^I love the way Matty's bay looks is so damn clean
NICELY DOne
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #524
OHHSHH

Wire tuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobies13 View Post
a good friend of mine's engine bay. He's on here. Idk why he has not posted this.
nicely done
Old 09-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #525
BrownDogg
Leaky Injector

BrownDogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BrownDogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
A few things I see wrong with the above setup:

big aluminum plate with Screws into dash
Keys hanging onto DCC
unpainted gauge bezel with autometer gauges

all are pretty major taboo as far as i'm concerned. everything else looks good.
You talking about the screws holding my switches in? I like them

DCC doesn't work and just fills a hole while looking good doing so. I don't keep my ignition key with my house regurlary. This is a track only car

The gauge panel actually is painted. It's painted with a color called flat aluminum. Those pics just are not very good
BrownDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #526
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32TT-R View Post
That looks so sexy, I wish there was something like this for us. Our cars always have issues with the OEM harness bc of the heat/crappy outdated connectors, which obviously leads to many problems for us.
I am assuming you have a 300zx?

Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #527
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Yeah, non fuel injected vehicles are cake. A customer of mine wanted me to tuck his Camaro over the summer. Keep in mind, I don't do tucks for a living. I did my own car and that's it... and this Camaro was super easy. This is how he brought it to me:

Great work on the tuck! But that bay screams Ameri-rice with all the chrome, especially the blower belt running the alternator and water pump... Here's something my dad put together in our garage, motor circa 2008. Not the cleanest but it's pretty subtle, cars been in the family since before I was born.. Learned how to drive stick in this thing lol

Old 09-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #528
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Errrr...blower belt..? The car is N/A. Unless there is some component I'm not familiar with on those motors called a blower.

As kind of an aside...how can you critique a car that looks pretty well put together then post a car with dryer ducting and a riveted together intake plenum?
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #529
Exiled 240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Exiled 240 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
word im not seein a blower. the camaro is very well put together.
Exiled 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #530
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Are you guys blind or stupid? The belt and pulleys on there are designed for a blower. There's no blower. Hence why the the hell is the alternator and pump being driven like that, with that belt setup.

Either way, I'd rock the shit out of that.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #531
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Are you guys blind or stupid? The belt and pulleys on there are designed for a blower. There's no blower. Hence why the the hell is the alternator and pump being driven like that, with that belt setup.
I'm not sure about Exiled, but speaking for Kyle with 100% certainty... he's just stupid

But seriously, it's just a HTD pulley setup. My last V8 with a blower didn't even use an HTD style pulley. So to say it's a "blower" belt would be incorrect, it's just an HTD belt... which a lot of blowers use.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #532
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I'm not sure about Exiled, but speaking for Kyle with 100% certainty... he's just stupid

But seriously, it's just a HTD pulley setup. My last V8 with a blower didn't even use an HTD style pulley. So to say it's a "blower" belt would be incorrect, it's just an HTD belt... which a lot of blowers use.
Haha I didn't mean to hate, I just think it's a bit overkill.. And Kyle, as for the intake, its ziptied and electrical-taped onto the airbox, there's a difference lol.. It also serves a purpose unlike said misc chrome bits and giant belt Function>Form

If that's what you were hoping to see I'm sorry, the airbox gets air that's about 70 degrees cooler than the standard filter.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #533
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
it's a flaux-er
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 AM   #534
Z32TT-R
Zilvia Member

Z32TT-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I am assuming you have a 300zx?
Oh man, did you really ask me that yessssir. It is pretty much considered one of the most problematic issues with our cars, right next too the old style injectors going out majority the time.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #535
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Haha I didn't mean to hate, I just think it's a bit overkill.. And Kyle, as for the intake, its ziptied and electrical-taped onto the airbox, there's a difference lol.. It also serves a purpose unlike said misc chrome bits and giant belt Function>Form

If that's what you were hoping to see I'm sorry, the airbox gets air that's about 70 degrees cooler than the standard filter.
You are posting in a wire tuck thread, which any idiot can figure out is all about form. Your bay isn't tucked and isn't even that clean. Keep it out of here. If you are desperate to post it, there's an engine/engine bay thread. Don't rag on someones super clean bay because yours is ugly and mediocre
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #536
jaggermouth

jaggermouth is an unknown quantity at this point
Good thread for ideas. I'm trying to get rid of my driver side harness out of the bay since my engine harness is Haltech.
Do all of you use mil-spec wiring? Seems a bit over the top, but I'm not a pro or anything.
jaggermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #537
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggermouth View Post
Good thread for ideas. I'm trying to get rid of my driver side harness out of the bay since my engine harness is Haltech.
Do all of you use mil-spec wiring? Seems a bit over the top, but I'm not a pro or anything.
Yeah, mil-spec wire isn't necessary but it is better. Compared to the normal PVC insulated wiring, it has a high temp rating, is more chemical resistant, and is lighter... It's usually just teflon insulated wire.. The downsides are it's stiffer (I consider that a plus), more expensive, and slightly harder to strip if you aren't used to it..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #538
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by R33E8 View Post
Yeah, mil-spec wire isn't necessary but it is better. Compared to the normal PVC insulated wiring, it has a high temp rating, is more chemical resistant, and is lighter... It's usually just teflon insulated wire.. The downsides are it's stiffer (I consider that a plus), more expensive, and slightly harder to strip if you aren't used to it..
You missed the biggest one - it's FAR more abrasion resistant. All of the wire I use is dual-wall, most is fiberglass-insulated dual wall (so it has a layer or two of fiberglass insulation in between two Tefzel layers). In addition to being nickel-plated for working temps of 260*C, the insulation is thinner than PVC, and as mentioned resistant to chemicals.

It's not that expensive if you're only using one size, but with minimum quantity orders/etc, it gets very pricey to do an entire car or engine.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #539
jaggermouth

jaggermouth is an unknown quantity at this point
Reason I asked was because Haltech harnesses come in either milspec or auto spec....I think mines auto spec, but I'm not to concerned. The wiring I REALLY need to redo is the stock charging harness and the harness that goes to the front lights...I'm so not looking forward to that haha
jaggermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #540
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Just a couple more things to add to the bay and that's it. Should be REALLY clean looking once it's done. I just need to add the engine harness which will obviously be tucked, the heater lines and radiator lines which will be all black AN fittings and braided black nylon hose... along with a tucked radiator. Then a custom intake setup and I should be good to go.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds