Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #5431
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
can i use a kade p.s. pump on my sr20? any mods i need 2 do or just swap and go or they dont fit. let me no
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #5432
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Can somebody make my avatar red instead of blue?

I can send you the original file if you need.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #5433
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Searched, but it's a weird one.

What did the foam under the dash feel like new? Hard like a rock as it is after 20 years now, or was it ever spongy? S13 if it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Can somebody make my avatar red instead of blue?

I can send you the original file if you need.
I'll give it a shot.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #5434
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post

What did the foam under the dash feel like new? Hard like a rock as it is after 20 years now, or was it ever spongy? S13 if it matters.

I'll give it a shot.
http://i53.tinypic.com/t6qkjn.gif

Should be good.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #5435
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Where can I find an r33 caliper rebuild kit?
IIRC they are same as Z32 rebuild kits. I MAY be wrong though, so search google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
Can a downpipe off a t28 elbow fit on a t25 elbow?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
are cam angle sensors the same s13 sr20s and s14 sr20s?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
are the downpipes for the SR's all the same size? like can i put a downpipe from a t28 elbow to a t25 elbow? anyone?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post

Foam under the dash? Where exactly?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #5436
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Foam under the dash? Where exactly?
Under the stock vinyl. I'm re-wrapping the whole thing because it's cracked pretty severely, and didn't know if it had that rebound-type foam that the door inserts do, or always had that fiberglass-hard feel to it.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #5437
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
It was at some point soft, but it wasn't soft like foam. It's more like a foundation/reinforcement that the foam is used for.

Under the dash/by the door panels where sun doesn't hit much is where it would be squishy still. It's about as soft as styrofoam is
Old 04-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #5438
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
^^ thanks buddy

And they are always pretty hard underneath. definitely nowhere near as soft as the stuff under the door panels.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #5439
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
anyone ever bought one of these EBAY s14 roof spoilers????

whats quality like?

whats fitment like??

Nissan 95 96 97 98 1995-1998 240SX S14 Roof Spoiler NEW - eBay (item 370497130176 end time Apr-27-11 17:04:35 PDT)
Old 04-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #5440
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
any feedback on these
CX Racing forged aluminum RUCA's

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #5441
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
It was at some point soft, but it wasn't soft like foam. It's more like a foundation/reinforcement that the foam is used for.

Under the dash/by the door panels where sun doesn't hit much is where it would be squishy still. It's about as soft as styrofoam is
Okay, so no point in putting cushy stuff underneath. I'll just wrap it right over it then. Seems a big PITA to remove the old foam, so saves me the work.

Quote:
^^ thanks buddy

And they are always pretty hard underneath. definitely nowhere near as soft as the stuff under the door panels.
You're welcome. And thanks for letting me know. Tons of work going into this, a little less to deal with is good news.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #5442
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
any feedback on these

Aside from the fact that S13 style ones suck as you can't take them off easily, I don't know. Why not go with proven brands, like SPL or Cusco, or similar?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #5443
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
IIRC they are same as Z32 rebuild kits. I MAY be wrong though, so search google.
There's alot of misinformation regarding r33/z32 compatabiltiy.. Some banned zilvian says "99.879 sure" but I don't wanna dick around with z32 kit I'd rather purchase an actual r33 kit.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #5444
Wake
Premium Member

Can anyone find the advertiser thread that was selling the complete replacement bolt dress up kit for a SR? I believe they came in titanium and SS, and they were all shrink wrapped and labeled.
I cant find the thread or remember the advertiser
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #5445
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm trying to hook up the coolant lines for my s14 sr, but I can't seem to find where they all go. For one, the banjo fitting on the water neck is missing, and there is a hard line at the back of the turbo that I cannot seem to find anywhere in the FSM.

Here is the line in question:

terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #5446
namfbroh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
namfbroh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Where is the temperature sensor that sends signal to the gauge cluster? From what I recall there's one to the ECU and one to the cluster. It's an S13 w/ SR redtop.
namfbroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #5447
SofaKingFast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (43)
SofaKingFast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SofaKingFast
The S14 SR should have the water line on the water neck as you said, and the other line goes to the block where there should be a banjo bolt. I have no idea what that line is in your picture. The redtops have a coolant line at the back but not the blacktops. I hope that helps!
SofaKingFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #5448
SofaKingFast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (43)
SofaKingFast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SofaKingFast
Now I have a question of my own...I need to recirc my type R BOV, but I come to find out there's 4 different sizes: 19-21mm, 28-35mm, 40mm, and a 45mm. I'm running a S14 blacktop with a modified gtir T28 / nistune / 740cc injectors / walboro 255 / etc. etc.

Any suggestions on which one to go with? The BOV is being welded onto a PBM HMIC. I'm assuming one of the 2 smaller sizes will work?
SofaKingFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #5449
lenox_240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
lenox_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hey guys wanted to ask a quick question before making a thread about it, i have a 98 240sx stock KA, im searching for headers i checked ebay and they have obx but hows the fitment? and what other brands would you guys recommend? (i tried searching it here but it wasnt giving me anything back)
Old 04-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #5450
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
^^ thanks buddy

i didn't mean under the door panels, i meant like in areas where the sun/uv light wouldn't hit as much as the top of the dash. If you notice, near the windshield is where it is hardest then it slowly becomes less stiff as you move further away from the front of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by namfbroh View Post
Where is the temperature sensor that sends signal to the gauge cluster? From what I recall there's one to the ECU and one to the cluster. It's an S13 w/ SR redtop.
to the right of the throttle body, the sensor with 1 wire coming out of it
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #5451
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I just bought some new wheels and they're spray painted black. Question, is there a way to remove the paint and not mess up the original color (silver)? or should I just powder-coat them white?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #5452
240sxrb25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxrb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It will never happen. They will need to be stripped and powdercoated
240sxrb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #5453
chingon
Leaky Injector

chingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
any feedback on these

I just got their rad, fitment was great, welds looked good. Those arms look tempting, I prefer them to s14 style personally. Change the tie rods and give 'em a run i'd say.

Actually scratch that, Chinese metallurgy has always left me unsatisfied.
chingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #5454
iLOVEASIANGIRLSS
Zilvia Member

iLOVEASIANGIRLSS is an unknown quantity at this point
thinking of buying a F1 STAGE 1 CLUTCH KIT RACING FLYWHEEL for my ka24...is it worth 300 bucks
Old 04-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #5455
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
2 questions.

kinda late reply.

1)
I am currently running 215/40/17 on the front. 38mm spacer on 17x9 rims. they just rub the firewall fender where the harness comes out.
I am putting dunlop derzzi 17/40/255's on this weekend.
How much can i hammer back that firewall??

2)
where exactly is the speedo sensor on the tranny that i need to unplug to hit maximum speed without the 115mph cutoff?
(I will be at the Mohaje Mile event, not onthe street.)
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #5456
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

2)
where exactly is the speedo sensor on the tranny that i need to unplug to hit maximum speed without the 115mph cutoff?
Assuming you have a stock 5 speed and KADE, you can use an auto ECU that will delete your speed governor

I have one you can have provided you pay for shipping
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #5457
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im on the last few steps of my ka-e to kade swap and i need to remove the A/T bushing adapter. damn thing wont budge. i know a bearing puller is the first thing to be suggested but i've heard several cases where they get destroyed so i want to try a few other techniques before i go risking tools. if anybody has any helpful tips, i'd appreciate it.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 AM   #5458
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
any feedback on these

Got these cause the set I wanted was on back-order and I had horrible rear camber. When I pulled them a month later one of the retainers had blown out. Wondered where that clicking came from...
Old 04-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #5459
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
1)
I am currently running 215/40/17 on the front. 38mm spacer on 17x9 rims. they just rub the firewall fender where the harness comes out.
I am putting dunlop derzzi 17/40/255's on this weekend.
How much can i hammer back that firewall??

2)
1. I am not sure how much, but I went to town on my s14

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...1/5bebe186.jpg

on the back of the tranny held by 1 10mm
Old 04-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #5460
chingon
Leaky Injector

chingon is an unknown quantity at this point
cheapest price/place for r33 e-brake cable? Same thing for z32 drums?
chingon is offline   Reply With Quote