Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #5521
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I assume you were looking for an OEM style hood, but since chaser carries carbon kevlar I would think they could get an oem style if you ask em.

Drift Hood [H8011(CK)] - $539.00 : Chaser Aerodynamics, LLC.
Thanks WakeBHR
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #5522
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
will a test pipe make any check engine lights or anything turn on?
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #5523
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Kevin_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Why not? Are you serious??

If I was taking the girls whip or my moms car to to get an alignment, yeah sure whatever sears IDGAF. But when it comes to my car, in which I have spent hundreds of dollars on aftermarket suspension components on, why the hell would I take it to a bunch of dipshits at sears of all places?

There are shops that specialize in performance alignments, and will align it to any setting or degrees you request (which is important for me). Sure it costs a few extra bucks but big deal, I'm not only paying for better work (in which the employee has experience working on my specific application), but I am supporting a shop that is useful to the tuning enthusiast community.

Mighty mike is now taking his car back to sears for the third time. Coincidence? Possibly. Probably not.

Also, if his car is pulling because if improperly installed tie rods, worn bushings, etc. That proves my point, the shop should have acknowledged that, and informed him of the damaged parts, so he could prevent all his hassle down the road.
oh i wasnt being serious lol
and mighty mike, IMO unless Sears is going to be doing the work for free under warranty, etc. you should definitely find a better place to do your alignment and suspension work.
Kevin_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #5524
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:

If I was taking the girls whip or my moms car to to get an alignment, yeah sure whatever sears IDGAF. But when it comes to my car, in which I have spent hundreds of dollars on aftermarket suspension components on, why the hell would I take it to a bunch of dipshits at sears of all places?

Mighty mike is now taking his car back to sears for the third time. Coincidence? Possibly. Probably not.
HEY! I just got hired at sears!
but I didnt take the job because they are a bunch of dipshits. and wanted me to start at tech 1 (I do harder work than sears highest level in my driveway) and work for commission pfffffttttt sure buddy, fuck sears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike130 View Post
Yea i seen them online. Just the price was so ridiculous for me at the time. So i grabbed what i could afford atm. It would of been great if the guy actually came through and beefed them up for me. Im going to call him tomorrow and ask him for my money back or to give me a set of used s14 lcas.
Yeah its sucks when you try to save yourself some trouble and it bites you in the long run. Me personally I would just cop some oem LCA's, and make sure they come with ball joints.
You have to remember, you get what you pay for, and buying a cheap vrand is just a band-aid.
Remember how hard it is to get through the day with a band-aid on your finger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
Thanks WakeBHR
no prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmtrS13 View Post
will a test pipe make any check engine lights or anything turn on?
s13 - no.

S14 - I think it may delete an 02 sensor so you would have to find one with a bung or have one added to your test pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_S14 View Post
and mighty mike, IMO unless Sears is going to be doing the work for free under warranty, etc. you should definitely find a better place to do your alignment and suspension work.
This^^ you better not be paying for all these times you have taken it back.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #5525
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
GUYS IM LOOKING FOR A HOT PINK COLOR CODE!! i was looking for something like this , think its a pink pearl

is this a standard yamaha r6 color also??

Old 04-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #5526
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
ask her what the color code was

[email protected]
T# 8284326055

and no its not a stock yamaha color and it looks just like VHT pink that comes in a can and looks like ass.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #5527
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
ask her what the color code was

[email protected]
T# 8284326055

and no its not a stock yamaha color and it looks just like VHT pink that comes in a can and looks like ass.

cheers dude thanks a lot!!! i wouldnt say its that paint, its shinier then that haha, do you reckon its a candy color??
Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #5528
joshls2
Leaky Injector

joshls2 is a well-known jackass
I'm contemplating on removing my egr system from my ka. I was wondering if I could just install a second three way cat to pass emissions. ..? I have a '95se btw
joshls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #5529
Wake
Premium Member

If you want a nice candy pink, go with house of kolor for 2 or 3 stage (candy).

Or if you want something simple and cheap go with this one stage.
Starfire Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint - Hot Pink - 1 Gallon: Automotive Paint, Auto Paint, Car Paint
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #5530
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshls2 View Post
I'm contemplating on removing my egr system from my ka. I was wondering if I could just install a second three way cat to pass emissions. ..? I have a '95se btw
Wait, dont you live in texas? since when do they smog?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #5531
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Any one know of a good site to buy a sheet of carbon fiber? Looking into making my own gauge panel on my s13 since no one seems to make any for s13's, ive found a place or 2 that arent super expensive but figured maybe some of you know of better options, thanks!
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #5532
Wake
Premium Member

Really?
Let me google that for you

first result
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #5533
joshls2
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Wait, dont you live in texas? since when do they smog?
hmm.. well I'll be honest, I'm ill informed when it comes to emissions n' all, but yes they dyno'd my car and eveything and the guy told me that my egr needed to be replaced soon and that the car just barely passed the NOx ppm limit.. I think I'd rather just remove the egr, put in a bolt on secondary cat for my next emissions check.. would it work?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #5534
Wake
Premium Member

I dunno but it sounds like it would be easier and cheaper to just replace your EGR
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #5535
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Really?
Let me google that for you

first result
Read my post again and youll see that i have found places that sell them but figured someone on here might know a place that they themselves have bought from Cute lil google link though
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #5536
joshls2
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I dunno but it sounds like it would be easier and cheaper to just replace your EGR
...Aahh ..yea, perhaps you're right thanks man
Old 04-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #5537
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
cats don't really affect nox, they are there to reduce HC and CO. The EGR system reduces nox by reducing combustion temperatures.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #5538
Wake
Premium Member

I didnt even read the NOx part somehow. musta just skimmed it.

But yes axiomatik is right a cat wouldnt change those readings.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 04-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #5539
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by oksunday View Post
found the maker for this. does any one know if people tune with this here in the states?

G.TWORKS Electoric Parts
Sell it on here, and then get a JWT or an Enthalpy ECU and be done with it. Those japanese based ECU's are not really for US Fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire97 View Post
quick one... what size bolts and nuts do i need to attach an s14 kouki oem lip?
Whatever you have laying around. Just use big washers to help spread the force over the plastic area.

Quote:
I have an issue with my car pulling to the right when i brake. I just upgraded to Q45 Brakes and still have the same issue with the car pulling to the right. So i know it isnt the calipers.
It only pulls at light brake pressure. When i brake hard, the car brakes in a straight line.
Check over your suspension. Also (sounds odd) but have you upgraded brake lines, or stock lines? Stock rubber lines can fail and or weaken, and cause all sorts of havoc.

Quote:
maybe one of your lca is shorter than the other. lol
Won't make any issue, so long as alingment is set.

Quote:
adjusted all funky. IMO ditch those godshit parts and get oem LCA's with energy/Nismo/oem bushings
Why? Just get some QA1 bearings for the inner/outer, and then follow Def's 'baller budget arm' idea. Drill spindle out, put in 3/4" bolt, add sapcers...BOOM super easy roll center correction for the front.

HOW TO: Ultimate budget front LCAs - Nissan Road Racing Forums

Quote:

There are shops that specialize in performance alignments, and will align it to any setting or degrees you request (which is important for me). Sure it costs a few extra bucks but big deal, I'm not only paying for better work (in which the employee has experience working on my specific application), but I am supporting a shop that is useful to the tuning enthusiast community.

Whats wrong with going to Sears for an alignment? Assuming the sears you use accepts 'aftermarket' settings for your alignment, it will be just as good as going to any 'performance' shop for an alignment. Being a huge corperate store, their machines/equipment are often the newest stuff, and their guys are trained to do alignments. It's NOT rocket science, don't get sold on this 'performance' alignment nonsense.

With that said though, you gotta make sure your local sears accepts customer requests and or settings.

I personally have had my cars aligned at Sears (and many local friends) without any issues at all. In fact if it wasn't for the fact that I bought my own alignment stuff, I'd still use it)

(I align cars with Smart Strings and Longacre Digital Camber/Caster gauges, and have zero issues with them. Anyone into drifting/road racing would behove themselves to look into the equipment as well, as it will pay for itself in the grand scheme of things.)

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #5540
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
code 33... anyone know what it is?

i googled and found both TPS sensor, and O2 sensor
s13 ka24de MT
Old 04-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #5541
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
GUYS IM LOOKING FOR A HOT PINK COLOR CODE!! i was looking for something like this , think its a pink pearl

is this a standard yamaha r6 color also??

haha looks like something the pink Power Ranger would drive
Old 04-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #5542
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Why? Just get some QA1 bearings for the inner/outer, and then follow Def's 'baller budget arm' idea. Drill spindle out, put in 3/4" bolt, add sapcers...BOOM super easy roll center correction for the front.

HOW TO: Ultimate budget front LCAs - Nissan Road Racing Forums
Why start with arms that need the bearings replaced in the first place? Especially when it is virtually brand new.

Quote:
Whats wrong with going to Sears for an alignment? Assuming the sears you use accepts 'aftermarket' settings for your alignment, it will be just as good as going to any 'performance' shop for an alignment. Being a huge corperate store, their machines/equipment are often the newest stuff, and their guys are trained to do alignments. It's NOT rocket science, don't get sold on this 'performance' alignment nonsense.

With that said though, you gotta make sure your local sears accepts customer requests and or settings.

(I align cars with Smart Strings and Longacre Digital Camber/Caster gauges, and have zero issues with them. Anyone into drifting/road racing would behove themselves to look into the equipment as well, as it will pay for itself in the grand scheme of things.)
For me personally, I rather would avoid "general" auto shops. I mean, their work will probably be fine, but I have seen aftermarket arms get scratched/damaged due to stellar work from the regular Joe. Its fine for daily driven setups... but When I am looking for an alignemnt for my purpose built track car, why would I take it to sears? Not to mention, I have "hook ups" at local performance shops where my buddys are willing to do work at a discount. And I know/trust their work. That is a very good point (in bold), however.

Lol, Sears would probably give me a wierd look when I specifically request camber/toe/caster settings

I have read many articles on DIY alignment, I would like to purchase the tools and learn how, it would be a very benefitable knowledge
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #5543
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
mightymike130 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_S14 View Post
Yea its under warranty. I only paid the first time. I had them check it out again today and the guy told me my tension rod bushing is completely gone. I was pretty sure that was the case. They said it had nothing to do with my alignment.

Yea it does suck. I have the option of buying some Godspeed tension rods atm too for 60 bucks new. And im telling myself.. do i really want to put myself through that again?
mightymike130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #5544
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
I have the option of buying some Godspeed tension rods atm too for 60 bucks new. And im telling myself.. do i really want to put myself through that again?
Don't...

Other options:

Nismo S13 Tension Rod Bushings (pair)

Nismo Polyurethane Tension / Compression Rod bushing Set - 99996-7105G - Nissan

SPL v3 tension rods 240SX S13 300ZX Z32 - SPL PARTS
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #5545
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Yea its under warranty. I only paid the first time. I had them check it out again today and the guy told me my tension rod bushing is completely gone. I was pretty sure that was the case. They said it had nothing to do with my alignment.

Yea it does suck. I have the option of buying some Godspeed tension rods atm too for 60 bucks new. And im telling myself.. do i really want to put myself through that again?
NO. my opinion go with SPL
Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #5546
joshls2
Leaky Injector

axiomatik, WakeBHR, but I thought that the rodnium stuff in a three way cat reduces the NOx while the egr cools the chambers to prevent it from forming?

..either way, I probably won't be able to pass inspection without the egr.. even if I try to run two cats. anyway, I'll just keep the stupid egr system on lol
Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #5547
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
code 33... anyone know what it is?

i googled and found both TPS sensor, and O2 sensor
s13 ka24de MT
Check to see if the shielded wire has an issue on the signal wires

Quote:
Why start with arms that need the bearings replaced in the first place? Especially when it is virtually brand new.
1. The arms are dirt cheap
2. They are pretty decent, just swapping some bearings (cheap) does the job MORE than well enough
3. Then you can run true roll center correction, rather than some bullshit.

Sure, the SPL stuff is nice. Kuah rocks. BUT spending 250 for the same nonsense works for. Control arms are not somethign that see constant adjustment, nor changes. Set it and forget it, Billy mays style.

Quote:
For me personally, I rather would avoid "general" auto shops. I mean, their work will probably be fine, but I have seen aftermarket arms get scratched/damaged due to stellar work from the regular Joe. Its fine for daily driven setups... but When I am looking for an alignemnt for my purpose built track car, why would I take it to sears? Not to mention, I have "hook ups" at local performance shops where my buddys are willing to do work at a discount. And I know/trust their work. That is a very good point (in bold), however.
What makes the Sears machine and or techs read their results any differently than 'performance' places? Nothing. If anything, the Sears setup has less chance of setup failure as it's all cutting edge stuff.

Scratches on your arms? Who give sa fuck. If you honestly had a 'track car' the last thing on your mind would be some scratches on your suspension arms with half ass annodization. Trust me when I say, my car sees PLENTY of track miles a year (track, not drift) and the last person to care about a wrench mark on my arms is me. It's an adjuster, not a Barrett Jackson showpiece (plus who cares about a 3 dollar POS 240sx? not me. I own one and know it's shit).

Again, the sears tech will align things PERFECTLY for you, and listen to your suggestions. I've cranked tripe digit speeds into corners without *any* worry.

You can pretend your boys at the shop do a better job, I just know who does an equal job. Again, I use a bargain string setup and a gauge. 'Good enough for F1, good enough for my car'. I got tired of spending money on 'hookups' I just learned how to do it myself, and saved money in the end.

Not trying to start shit, or troll, or talk shit. Just trying to give a honest POV from a 'shops' perspective. Dont' get caught up in monikers and terms...a 'good' alignment can come form anyplace. For 60 bucks, you can't beat it at sears (again if they accept custom settings).

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #5548
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if i post up what mods i have and about to do can anyone tell what kind of real horse powerim looking at ? this is my first car let alone first tune im installing alot of it with just me and a friend.
nujabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #5549
mightymike130
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
mightymike130 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Check to see if the shielded wire has an issue on the signal wires

1. The arms are dirt cheap
2. They are pretty decent, just swapping some bearings (cheap) does the job MORE than well enough
3. Then you can run true roll center correction, rather than some bullshit.

Sure, the SPL stuff is nice. Kuah rocks. BUT spending 250 for the same nonsense works for. Control arms are not somethign that see constant adjustment, nor changes. Set it and forget it, Billy mays style.

What makes the Sears machine and or techs read their results any differently than 'performance' places? Nothing. If anything, the Sears setup has less chance of setup failure as it's all cutting edge stuff.

Scratches on your arms? Who give sa fuck. If you honestly had a 'track car' the last thing on your mind would be some scratches on your suspension arms with half ass annodization. Trust me when I say, my car sees PLENTY of track miles a year (track, not drift) and the last person to care about a wrench mark on my arms is me. It's an adjuster, not a Barrett Jackson showpiece (plus who cares about a 3 dollar POS 240sx? not me. I own one and know it's shit).

Again, the sears tech will align things PERFECTLY for you, and listen to your suggestions. I've cranked tripe digit speeds into corners without *any* worry.

You can pretend your boys at the shop do a better job, I just know who does an equal job. Again, I use a bargain string setup and a gauge. 'Good enough for F1, good enough for my car'. I got tired of spending money on 'hookups' I just learned how to do it myself, and saved money in the end.

Not trying to start shit, or troll, or talk shit. Just trying to give a honest POV from a 'shops' perspective. Dont' get caught up in monikers and terms...a 'good' alignment can come form anyplace. For 60 bucks, you can't beat it at sears (again if they accept custom settings).
thanks for the Feed back. Im gonna have the bearings replaced on the godspeed arms in a week or so. and hopefully it will be pretty legit!
mightymike130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #5550
S13x88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
S13x88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quick question guys. I'm looking to replace my lower harness, mine is a little messed up. At a bit of a loss here though. Car was originally automatic, but has been converted to manual. Do I buy an automatic or a manual lower harness? And if I buy the automatic one, would I have to modify it in any way to keep my car working? Thanks.
S13x88 is offline   Reply With Quote