Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #541
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wiring makes me sick...thats one thing I had to pay someone to do on mine.

and I want know some dyno numbers as well
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #542
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I got all of the connectors cut off the OE harness today, so hopefully the harness and front suspension will be done by the end of the week.

I am curious to see what it makes as well. I am thinking somewhere between 340 and 390, but we shall see.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:04 AM   #543
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenooblet View Post
Wiring makes me sick...thats one thing I had to pay someone to do on mine.

and I want know some dyno numbers as well
Someone?

Cmaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDhThhrd_UY

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #544
marcojdm

Trader Rating: (0)
marcojdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just read the whole build. ohh myy geaadd..

definate inspiration to do it right. lol

keep up the good work!
marcojdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #545
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Took this with my phone when we finished up tonight. I thought it was cool with all of the other cars packed around it.

The harness is coming together, I'll try to get some shots of whats going on before the week is over.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #546
terbowKA
BANNED

terbowKA is an unknown quantity at this point
such a cool build
terbowKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #547
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
lol lots of civcs around your s14

at least those look quick..

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #548
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
lol lots of civcs around your s14

at least those look quick..
lol, define how they look quick. One has a front mount, the hatch on the right has a shocker sticker (how surprising), and the one on the lift is sporting an exhaust from what we can tell.

I'll give you props on the green one missing the bumper though. It does look serious.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #549
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Good assessment, haha. The one with the FMIC under the lift has massive slicks on the front of it - as does the green one with the bumper off. On its old set up the green one ran 9s, who knows with the new one. The other cars have more normal stuff done to them.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #550
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbee View Post
lol, define how they look quick. One has a front mount, the hatch on the right has a shocker sticker (how surprising), and the one on the lift is sporting an exhaust from what we can tell.

I'll give you props on the green one missing the bumper though. It does look serious.
well the green one on the bottom right has what appears to be a jojo callos front bumper (?) and the ONLY cars i've ever seen those on are like sub 10 sec drag cars.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #551
jsickz32

jsickz32 is an unknown quantity at this point
this makes me want to sell my z and get a s14. great job
jsickz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #552
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
well the green one on the bottom right has what appears to be a jojo callos front bumper (?) and the ONLY cars i've ever seen those on are like sub 10 sec drag cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54NGh3B36Pk
Old 10-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #553
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

I put my motor in today and it might have been the easiest thing ever...took less than 20 minutes.

What did you do about the throttle cable? Im stuck on that...and the radiator hoses.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #554
fearlessKouki
Zilvia Member

fearlessKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet build...quality work!
fearlessKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #555
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenooblet View Post
I put my motor in today and it might have been the easiest thing ever...took less than 20 minutes.

What did you do about the throttle cable? Im stuck on that...and the radiator hoses.
We fabbed up a bracket to hold the stock s14 cable up. It works!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #556
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Same here. That's what most do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240sx View Post
We fabbed up a bracket to hold the stock s14 cable up. It works!!!

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #557
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Lol at the civic pic.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #558
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome man, keep going! Looks great...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #559
Philtrader

Philtrader is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for entertaining me at work haha.

Build is sick as hell though..
Philtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #560
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post

What radiator hoses are these? Where did they come from and part # please.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #561
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

From SilviaV8Forums.com:

The following I believe are NAPA part numbers:
GAT20801
GAT21710
Those are both hoses, not sure which but you will figure it out when you get them.
This is the reducer/sleeve that I used:
GAT26390

I highly recommend joining that site, lots and lots of S-chassis specific info on there. Everyone is very helpful as well.

A little bit of an update from today. I got the front brakes on, and worked on making some more clearance on my rear fenders. After about 10 mins with a heavy sledge hammer I was able to make ~1/2 of an inch more clearance in my wheel wells. I am hoping it will let me run a little less camber and be a little lower. I went ahead and beat out the rear section of my front wheel wells while I was at it.

I also included two shots of the wiring set up so far. Hopefully most of it will be taken care of by Saturday.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 AM   #562
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Lol I spy a OEM Nissan 30A relay feeding that fusebox. You're going to fry that relay. If you want to use a relay-switched panel, use Hella 80A relays... they look kind of like regular Bosch-style automotive relays, but need a special holder and use 1/2" spades instead of 1/4" spades for the 30 and 87 pins.

They're around on the intrawebz if you search, just make sure to get the relay holder also. Otherwise I have a couple here I could part with, shoot me a PM if need be.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #563
mxsx25
Zilvia Junkie

mxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to mxsx25
Awesome build im uber jealous!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #564
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Aw man... you paid extra money for a Braille battery lol

I got the Car Quest version, $80 lol
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #565
papa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
papa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to papa
awesome work so far man, i love those shots of it on the ground from the front wow
Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #566
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Lol I spy a OEM Nissan 30A relay feeding that fusebox. You're going to fry that relay. If you want to use a relay-switched panel, use Hella 80A relays... they look kind of like regular Bosch-style automotive relays, but need a special holder and use 1/2" spades instead of 1/4" spades for the 30 and 87 pins.

They're around on the intrawebz if you search, just make sure to get the relay holder also. Otherwise I have a couple here I could part with, shoot me a PM if need be.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll mention it to my friend. He is extremely familiar with the LS1 side of everything and I told him the blue relays were all 30amp, so I'll see if he has something going on you can't see in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Aw man... you paid extra money for a Braille battery lol

I got the Car Quest version, $80 lol
The car quest version doesn't have 740 cranking amps.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #567
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I'll mention it to my friend. He is extremely familiar with the LS1 side of everything and I told him the blue relays were all 30amp, so I'll see if he has something going on you can't see in the picture.

The car quest version doesn't have 740 cranking amps.
It's the same battery man, all made by DEKA in PA.

Just saying, if you look at Braille's methods of testing their batteries, they aren't the same as DEKA's, or other battery manufacturer's ways of testing, which makes for their numbers to be suspicious.

I mean, using the same exact same materials and same exact manufacturing process, I somehow fail to see how a rebadged battery would somehow have more juice than their other brand name counterparts.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #568
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I was really hoping I could drive to my car crew's 5 year anniversary photoshoot today, but there was too any little things not together on the car. I was pretty pissed I couldn't get it together in time so afterwards I decided I wanted to at minimum drive it up and down the street, so I did a super rough alignment and slapped it together enough to do that.

It is rubbing out back on the drivers side pretty bad, so bad it is just smoking driving in a straight line, haha. I was pretty surprised how quiet it was driving. I'll hopefully be able to get all of the kinks worked out in the next week or so.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 10-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #569
cardoza
Zilvia Member

cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Cha-Ching.
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #570
JER-development

JER-development is an unknown quantity at this point
its coming together pretty nice, pretty-pretty nice!
JER-development is offline   Reply With Quote