Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #541
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Zenki_Kouki.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Updateessssss !!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #542
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Yeh !! Updates please !!!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #543
kamilitaryman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
kamilitaryman has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post

Yes I was bored and yes they are comfortable lol, I fell asleep in the one while taking a break from cleaning, more updates soon as I got some new goodies in...
The greatest chairs ever lol! They really are lol!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #544
creyes13491
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (30)
creyes13491 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
dang, this is actually the best build thread ive seen so far. youve done a lot of unique stuff. keep it up man. cant wait for it to be done.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #545
8Nismo9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 8Nismo9
my eyes are bleeding from pure awesomeness if i get the time and money ill be doing something like this
Old 08-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #546
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
if you gave up might as well say so

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #547
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just went through every page on my iPhone and it was well worth it great build and I like how you try and do everything yourself
Old 08-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #548
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So I have been doing alot of thinking lately.... I think I am going to have to throw in the towel on this project. I know I am letting a lot of people down by saying this, but if you understood my mind set right now you would agree that this is best. I really would love to finish this project, but the truth of the matter is my pockets are just not that deep. Without a sponsorship, or unless my pockets get deeper (which wont happen anytime soon) this car wont move forward in progression. When I started this project I had the extra funds to take on such a project. Unfortunately responsibilities take their place in your life (more like push their way into your life) and you have to adjust accordingly. The only bill I had when I started this project was a truck payment. Now I am a home owner on a single income. If you own a house you know where I am coming from on this. I am a true believer in if your going to do something, do it right or dont do it at all. Well I need funds to do it right, I refuse to do this half ass so I am not going to do it at all. I have also lately, lost interest in doing the swap in the s-chassis. I have another car in mind which I plan to do the VQ35 swap into, but it will be all motor and will be more simple in the electronics dept and a little later down the road. So I dont really see this as quitting, just more like regrouping. I plan to keep the engine and trans. I will be selling all aftermarket parts as well as the turbo parts. The chassis will most likely go to the bone yard. PM me if you are interested in any parts or need anything.

I apologize to everyone I let down or disappointed, I am not happy that it has come to this, I just dont think I really have a choice right now.

Brennan
Old 08-30-2010, 02:36 AM   #549
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
I know how you feel
Old 08-30-2010, 03:12 AM   #550
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
You own a house now...

Houses > Cars

You can always get another car, but people just can't get houses so easily these days.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #551
Silviaracer1988
Zilvia Member

Silviaracer1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
dont beat yourself up man. times are hard and you had to make a choice and just like omqkron said, you can always buy a new car. good luck with whatever it is that you doing in life and cant wait to see you tackle a different project.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #552
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know exactly how you feel, been through the exact same situation on my VQ swap a couple years ago.

Some advice though, if you can afford to let it sit for a few months just do that, let it sit and don't work on it for at least 3-6 months. Because later on you'll wish you had it back and your finances might be in better shape by then.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #553
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
HOLY SHIT! The man I bought MY VQ from!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #554
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
HOLY SHIT! The man I bought MY VQ from!
Hey buddy, yup that's me, I've come out from under the rock I've been hiding under for the last couple years to see what people have been up to
Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #555
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Thanks for the kind words, I am parting it out. If it doesnt sell ill hold onto it and hope things change for me.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #556
kamikazeplus

kamikazeplus is an unknown quantity at this point
they crack the NATS

Services-Engine Swaps- VQ35DE
Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #557
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Ok so lets get back to the tedious task of wiring. The approach to wiring the 240sx to think its a 350z is simple, but time consuming. The idea is to not modify the harnesses if possible to avoid electrical issues. Only lengthen and shorten wires when necessary. So I started with the door harness. After some studying of both the vehicles harness and electrical components I have found that Nissan has and hasnt changed their designs much (which is another reason I love them). I found that they changed their door lock actuators in shape but not in circuitry function. This works out in my favor because I can use the 240sx door lock actuators. This saves alot of work because 240sxs and older Nissans use a series of bars to function the door locks and door handles that allow access in and out of the vehicle rather than cables like the 350zs and newer Nissan use. Not only this, the 350z and 240sx use the same plug type for their door actuators and they both activate on a simple 12v system. Only problem is that they are pinned differently. This is a simple fix as easy as following the schematic de-pinning the 350z plug and re-pinning the 350z plug to match the 240sx circuitry. We now move to the window switches, as you may recall I am using 350z window switches molded into 240sx window switch trim, so nothing to be done there. We now move down to the window motor. Looking at the 350z window motor it is the same as the 240sx externally. I have yet to confirm this but I am 99% sure the motors are interchangeable. They just function differently internally and the 350z motor has more wires. It should be as easy as just swapping the motors out on the tracks. We now move to the door lock switch. 240sxs have one on each side, where as the 350z only has one on the drivers side. This is simple shave the one on the passenger side of the 240sx. Their wiring is the same and they function the same, which means I wasted my time modifying the 240sx door handle before. I have yet to see if the sensor itself from the 350z will interchange with the 240sx switch, I am hoping they will if they dont its a simple fix, cut, swap connectors and solder them back together. Obviously the 240sx lock will have to be re keyed to match the ignition cylinder of the 350z by a lock smith. Luckily I have that parts 240, so I didnt completely shoot myself in the foot by modifying the door handle when it was unnecessary. We now move onto the mirror plug. The harness on the drivers side had to be modified to move the connector for the mirror switch to the inside cabin of the 240sx. Unlike the 240sx as you all know the 350z mirror switch is on the door. They use the same circuitry as well so it is as simple as a small rewire and relocation of the switch harness. I retained the stock 350z connectors as I have yet to decide if I am going to use 350z connectors or 240sx connectors. We now move down to the speakers. 350z has tweeters on the door as well as the speakers where as the tweeters are on the a-pillar of the SE edition 240sx. I simply deleted the wires going to the tweeters and left the wires in place for the door speakers. This works out to my benefit as I will put the tweeters on a separate circuit from the door speakers which will result in better sound when I run amps and such. After all was said and done, I taped up the harnesses and loomed them up to where all the connections of the 350z harnesses matched the location of the 240sx harnesses, so that when they are installed they are routed just like the 240sx harnesses. The result is shown below.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #558
mxsx25
Zilvia Junkie

mxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to mxsx25
Wait so are you keeping the car or just tinkering on it while u wait to sell? Regardless things awesome and u have great skills
Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #559
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxsx25 View Post
Wait so are you keeping the car or just tinkering on it while u wait to sell? Regardless things awesome and u have great skills
I have decided to keep it, just slowly work with what I have now and worry about the rest later. The feedback I got of people refusing to let me quit on other forums, even offering to donate money, was to overwhelming to ignore. Along with the fact that I really didnt want to sell it to begin with. Its evident I cant quit.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #560
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
This is awesome news. This by far has been the best build I've ever seen.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 AM   #561
DRFTMIKE
Leaky Injector

DRFTMIKE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I have decided to keep it, just slowly work with what I have now and worry about the rest later. The feedback I got of people refusing to let me quit on other forums, even offering to donate money, was to overwhelming to ignore. Along with the fact that I really didnt want to sell it to begin with. Its evident I cant quit.
you almost had us there! lol well worth the 2+ years waiting to see how it turns out...just got to keep the spirit alive! awesome work man keep it up.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #562
ridge

ridge is an unknown quantity at this point
im pumped youre keeping the car. money sucks because it complicates everything
Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #563
gsr-boost-dc
Leaky Injector

gsr-boost-dc is an unknown quantity at this point
Updates??????
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #564
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
Dude your build es to LEgit to Quit!

I bet you're gonna fall in love by the end of this one
Old 01-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #565
kbui
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
kbui is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
+1 for support man...keep at it. eventually it will get done. I own my house, go to school and have a child, and i still work on my car when i can. its been 2 1/2 years. A little patience and positive thinking will round out mine and your car....eventually. only time will tell.

good luck!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #566
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
just read through all the pages and this build is just amazing! you truly take the time to do it right and you do it yourself (most people dont have the know how or the balls to even try something this extreme. great job so far and i look forward to following this build. also, im glad you decided to keep her and finish this work of art
Old 01-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #567
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

BYE BYE S14!

Hmm who will I tag in to take its place?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #568
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Whaaaaaa?!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #569
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
BYE BYE S14!

Hmm who will I tag in to take its place?
do an infiniti m30!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #570
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
do an infiniti m30!
Na I already have a down payment on another chassis, Im going to pick it up next weekend.

My heart just wasnt in the S14 anymore, to complete the build the way I wanted would have required alot of money. I already had my eye on another car, and ultimately I would have finished the car and sold it for the new car so whats the point of doing all the work time and money if its not the ideal car for me?