Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #541
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ is it.... that thing has a tomei 2.2, custom hks/gerrett turbo, and OS trans gears and a lot of personal touch. =)
Old 05-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #542
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nizzan4u2nv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
^ is it.... that thing has a tomei 2.2 and OS tran gears and a lot of personal touch. =)
I meant exterior wise. In that article it still had an NA ka. When I saw it years ago it already had the sr. Tomei crate motor IIRC? I think it was also in the first f&f.

EDIT, it was already posted. Thats what I get for not reading the whole thread haha.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #543
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Who remembers this? I remember watching battle of the imports videos years ago with this car and Adam Saruwatari's FD. Thats when drag racing was in and drifting was an option video only thing haha.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #544
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I think I have that mag in my closet somewhere.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #545
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan4u2nv View Post
Who remembers this? I remember watching battle of the imports videos years ago with this car and Adam Saruwatari's FD. Thats when drag racing was in and drifting was an option video only thing haha.

If I'm not mistaken, that car ended up at some San Diego highschool's auto shop class.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #546
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
If I'm not mistaken, that car ended up at some San Diego highschool's auto shop class.
Too bad it wasnt our school. Our auto shop class was a joke.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #547
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
My high school received the Stillen Nissan Sentra SE-R B13.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #548
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan4u2nv View Post
1997 Nissan 240SX - Non Fujita - Super Street Magazine

I remember seeing this car at a car show in 9th grade. I still think its cool cause its og but by todays standards its kinda whack hah.

God I remember that guy, I met him a few times before he moved back to japan, and almost bought the zenki s14 that he had as a shell with the cage and suspension just no motor. But didnt because the paper work was wack, his shop was such a clusterfuck of badass parts, full motors just sitting there doing nothing, turbos all over the place, and I was supposed to help him move his stuff out but some shit came up and I couldnt. I heard he ended up throwning alot of good shit away. I know that goes on alot, just ask Justin at Sun Auto. Bye bye ame custom cyber evo wheels.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #549
R@tch
Leaky Injector

R@tch is an unknown quantity at this point
Read through the whole topic and gave me a fuzzy feeling inside without even taken any part in it. Thanks for sharing.
R@tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #550
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
TRUMP TIME
pics my dad took, 1970's when he worked for Datsun
Posted these here before like a month after dad passed away and i was going through his slides, scanning them to share. Some of you may remember.

and you think truck conversions are new... that mini is a tow truck dually!

Bands sell cars!

Dad built this dune buggy (to the right)

Race 510

I dont know about today, but She's hot! (Import Model 70's)

Sweet loaded 510

A 510 borrowed by dad often. Perks of the job.

The showroom

Pic of my dad
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #551
TommyBoy89
Leaky Injector

TommyBoy89 is a jewel in the roughTommyBoy89 is a jewel in the roughTommyBoy89 is a jewel in the roughTommyBoy89 is a jewel in the roughTommyBoy89 is a jewel in the roughTommyBoy89 is a jewel in the roughTommyBoy89 is a jewel in the rough
^ Thats amazing!

Even though I have bought a 240 only 4-5 years ago I did not jump a bandwagon. When I bought the car I had no idea of drifting, or even of other models of 240's. The guy just brought the car up to show me and I fell in love. I bought it that night, loved the thing
TommyBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #552
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
lol, I remember when people were still discussing s13s and s14s and what to call them.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #553
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

rweezly_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I loved these 2 cars. I don't remember the dates on the pics, though :/

these are two sexy ass 13's
i'm loving this thread!!! keep it coming people
rweezly_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #554
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I want to say NekoPunch on the black coupe but not sure.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

watched the 2002 convention DVD again recently
surprising the amount of well built cars that were out by then
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #555
SHINCHU
Zilvia Member

SHINCHU is an unknown quantity at this point
my 92 SE super hicas.
bought in 2000 in jersey, drove it back home to san diego in 2001.
sold in 2005 to my brother in law who totaled it against a light pole.

SHINCHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #556
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
i believe that black coupe used to belong to a member by the name of "Fat felix" i bought my enkei mesh from that dude a long time ago that car belong to team supahstar out here by my area
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #557
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
cars have lost something in the more recent years, yes a lot of the older ones had the styles of the 90's with oftle colors and whatnot but at the same time, the clean ones were omfg clean compared to a lot of what we see now. it just shows what time will do to these cars.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #558
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
cars have lost something in the more recent years, yes a lot of the older ones had the styles of the 90's with oftle colors and whatnot but at the same time, the clean ones were omfg clean compared to a lot of what we see now. it just shows what time will do to these cars.
very true.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #559
S13Missle
Leaky Injector

S13Missle is an unknown quantity at this point
Some old pics of my first 240 that I bought from Jimmy over @ Fighters Garage in Pensacola, FL.

Story behind me buying my car is... lol... I played a mmorpg called Ultima Online for a few years and I was friends with some guys over in CA. Well after a few years of playing it was time for me to get my license. One of the guys I played with was like "You have to get a 240sx hatchback". About two weeks later, I went and bought my first one. Funny shit.

1000$ got me this peice.

HKS Super Dragger exhaust. lol

Any of you KA-T guys remember this guy?

He sold KA-T kits back in like late 2003 early 2004. Names PJ?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #560
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Missle View Post
Any of you KA-T guys remember this guy?

He sold KA-T kits back in like late 2003 early 2004. Names PJ?
Oh yeah...

His manifolds sucked...diameter was too small, tubing too thin, and they would boost creep like CRAZY.

- Brian
Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #561
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Hahaha. I remember that guy.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #562
wacko2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
wacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sorry i of post wrong thing here, took it off.

Last edited by wacko2; 05-04-2010 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: mybad
wacko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #563
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Thumbs up How's this for Nostalgic?

Here's a picture I took with my crappy non-digital camera many a year ago at Irwindale Speedway Southern Cali. This was the first Ikaten amateur drift competition guest-starring Signal Auto's Drifter X. I know...sorry, the picture's bad. This was back in like... somewhere between 2001 or 2002... something like that.

Here's my car when it was 100% stock. When I got it, it only had 56,000 miles on it. Found it on this old website "Street Racing Online" a looooonnnng time ago, so I saved it on my computer. Don't remember where this pic was taken though.

Last but not least, a pic of the super unofficial Zilvia.net sticker from a very very old Zilvia sticker competition back in 2002 (apparently)... right above the socal240sx.org sticker that was on there. The design was made by one of my friends, but sadly it wasn't chosen. There was an S13 version of the sticker available too.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #564
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Mr. Migs himself is nostalgia.

I have my "throw away camera" photos of Ikaten somewhere at home. haha. They all suck.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #565
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko2 View Post
i bought my s13 last 2 year from guy on ziliva net for good price pay 1300 but it was worth prices and it came with alot stuff the z32 brake in the front and siliva front end and the rims but the car got hit me behind 2 month ago, this car look like before that happen, but i end up buy another s13 coupe so i have two lol

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/280119001048j
Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/5c0119001050j

the accident from gettin hit behind 2 month ago

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/4p0312001737j
Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/090312001736aj
Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/j10312001736j
How does that pertain to this thread?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #566
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Mr. Migs himself is nostalgia.

I have my "throw away camera" photos of Ikaten somewhere at home. haha. They all suck.
Here's an easter egg ninja fact for you Brian. Did you know that your S14 had my old kouki taillights on them? LoLoL

... actually I wanted to buy them back from Kitaoka-san before he sold the car to ya, but he smashed one of the corners into a lightpole at the Ralph's across from Signal before I could get them back!

Also... here's a video from Drift Day 4. Some of you might recognize some familiar faces... maybe. I didn't make it, but I had it on my computer so I thought I'd show you all how great everyone used to drift back in the day hahaha Just kiddin... crappy video quality because cheap video cameras were crappy as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp9l-Y9j_1o
Enjoy!

Last edited by MrMigs; 05-04-2010 at 06:21 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #567
Brian
Post Whore!

Actually, I did know that story! The whole thing... including the break. lol
Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #568
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Actually, I did know that story! The whole thing... including the break. lol
Those lights have certainly been places... lol...

I still remember when West posted pictures of his baby like a looonggg time ago. I wonder... does he still own this place? (West, not the baby)

Last edited by MrMigs; 05-04-2010 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: reading comprehension fail
Old 08-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #569
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
I miss that site.

I still IM Van here and there. His Roadster still isn't done.
Are you talking about the s13 vert roadster conversion or the datsun 1600?
Cuz that 1600 is still sitting in his storage LOL

I bought all Vans motors and most of his 240 stuff not too long ago. Hes still around doing the same shit.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #570
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
TRUMP TIME
pics my dad took, 1970's when he worked for Datsun
Posted these here before like a month after dad passed away and i was going through his slides, scanning them to share. Some of you may remember.

and you think truck conversions are new... that mini is a tow truck dually!

Bands sell cars!

Dad built this dune buggy (to the right)

Race 510

I dont know about today, but She's hot! (Import Model 70's)

Sweet loaded 510

A 510 borrowed by dad often. Perks of the job.

The showroom

Pic of my dad
WOW!! Now that is what I call NOSTALGIA!!! Awesome pics of some sweet Datsun/Nissan classics! Cant wait to get a 240Z. Sorry for the loss of your Dad man.

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote