Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #541
mikefc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mikefc is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Looks cool and all but the front needs to come down ALOT
Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #542
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you drove the roads around here you would be hesitant to put the front down. Pot holes around here swallow people whole.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #543
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
fucking sexxy car man
Old 08-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #544
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
haha, thanks dudes. The car might come down a tinnnnny bit in the front, but we'll see. It looks a lot better in person- and I had a few die-hard local fitment/ s13 people tell me that as well. All excuses, but I drive this car 40 minutes to work every day in downtown Ann Arbor, so I am only going to do what I can get away with. No sense in being stupid and adding more downtime to the little bit of summer I have left.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #545
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
This car looks so good. Mad props to you man for all the legit work youve done to your car. Beautiful car man!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #546
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Such a dope car.
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #547
guitargod240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
guitargod240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
WOW man i just sat here for about 3 hours reading almost every part of this thread lol this is one of the sickest 240's ive seen and u have such heart in doin it. ur the coolest person ever lol i love ur car im doing one to but its not even close to being like this its 2 colors and stuff but im waiting on parts to get it running i have my uncle helping me he works for ups so. and he's been doin mechanics for 40 years and idk anyone who knows more then him around my area lol so but if u wanna check it out http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3348489
theres the link dont laugh to hard lol but ur ride is sick and nice house to keep posting!
guitargod240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #548
BoxerJackJohnson

BoxerJackJohnson is an unknown quantity at this point
very cool car
BoxerJackJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #549
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefc View Post
Looks cool and all but the front needs to come down ALOT
word uppppppppppppppppp
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #550
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
^ WHAT!?! I responded and told him i would be there! The WIFE is wimping out, not me! lol. I just need to know the weekend so that I can mark the calendar and make sure we don't have anything planned. I am totally planning to make it out though, I'll probably find someone to ride along... but I don't think the wife wants to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Oh reallllly. Last I heard you weren't coming bc the wife made fun of you. Tob had a few of us over for the Bears preseason game Saturday and we sat around and made fun of you for bitching out. But I take whatever jests I may have made back now if you're coming. I've got garage space/a place for you to crash if you dont want to make the trip both ways that day.
Quote:
Sounds awesome man! I sent Toby a follow-up email saying I was for sure down to go, just needed to know the date and will probably need a place to crash- I appreciate that man! I guess I wasn't firm enough in expressing that I wanted to for sure get down there, haha. Just keep me posted on what develops... I have to redeem myself now, LOL.

Busted! This was the last email... and I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Young
"Alright Toby- go ahead with the BBQ date as you wish! I am not 100% I can make it- I am totally down to go and would cruise down there in a heartbeat, but my wife thinks it is sort of dumb- not surprising, lol. I didn't spend nine months redoing my car to cruise around town, though! I'm totally up for a road trip and meeting you guys in person! Saturday would be best for me, but Sunday might be possible as well- don't feel like you have to plan it around me! Thanks again for the invite Toby!"
So obviously I thought you probably wouldn't be coming. Usually any hint of doubt and it's a no-go. That's awesome that you can make it though! Now we're definitely going to have to do the door cards Saturday night or something.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #551
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
Quote:
All excuses, but I drive this car 40 minutes to work every day in downtown Ann Arbor, so I am only going to do what I can get away with. No sense in being stupid and adding more downtime to the little bit of summer I have left.
If thats the case then raise the rear a bit, cause lowering the front is just gonna make matters worse. Right now it looks kinda weird like it has reverse rake.

I'm sure no one will fault you for raising it a bit..
JaeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #552
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Busted! This was the last email... and I quote:

So obviously I thought you probably wouldn't be coming. Usually any hint of doubt and it's a no-go. That's awesome that you can make it though! Now we're definitely going to have to do the door cards Saturday night or something.
haha, sorry man- I always leave a hint of doubt when I commit to things like that just in case some freak thing comes up- I cleared that weekend with the Mrs. today and got confirmation, though, so I will be there! And doing the door cards would be awesome!

As for the stance, I had meant to adjust it more after the car was done and I have been enjoying driving it too much to even fix it, lol. One side in the rear is for sure lower than the other, and does look like reverse rake at times. I should have time to play with it tomorrow night, so I will probably pull a front collar and see how it goes/looks. I think if the rear came up like 2 turns (on the low side) and the front came down like two turns, it would be perfect. I'll see what I can pull off!

And thanks as always for the compliments.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #553
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
LOL, yeah I'm glad you take it in good humor. Kyle and I like to give people a hard time. I'm pumped to have you come down. We'll have to make sure to get your ride washed up once you get here. I say Saturday evening we can go out around 6-7 and have Kyle shoot your car. Then Saturday night we can do the door cards. That way the car will be ready for the cookout... all ready detailed and some fresh door cards. We'll have to make sure Kyle doesn't have to work Saturday evening.

As far as the stance, I say it looks god damn good to me... but what do I know. Just looking at the pic in your sig, it looks perfect to me. However, we can also adjust ride height at my shop Saturday night if you need/want to.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #554
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews

more pics of our bov recir. pipe
Old 08-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #555
CLM_s13Type-x
Leaky Injector

CLM_s13Type-x is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build man! LOVE your car! Im actually starting the same build with my '92 hatch. Im new on here and im gonna start my build thread in the next couple of days but anywayz MAD PROPS to ya !!!!
CLM_s13Type-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #556
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Damon on a road trip?? No wayz............
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 AM   #557
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ You're welcome to come along if you want man!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #558
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
180sx

Hey Damon. I'm glad that you're coming to Toby's BBQ. I can't wait to see all you guys and your cool cars in one place. I hope you have a safe trip down there.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #559
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
WTF so now theres 2 gorgeous cars that will potentially be there?!?!?!?!? and the picture kyle##### posted looks amazing too?? I dont know if i'll feel accepted with my paintless aero and sunken wheels... the good wheels are still being sanded and prepped for polish :\
Old 08-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #560
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha thanks sr20drifter1, I am looking forward to seeing your car too! It will be the longest trip I have taken in my car, so I hope everything goes well. I am thinking about rocking a different seat down there... not sure I am feeling the Zeta III for 6 hours straight, but we;ll see! lol.

And don't worry chiboy002, the truth will come out about my car at the BBQ haha... it's not nearly as clean in person. It will be fun, no worries!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #561
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've done a 4 hour trip in my Zeta III, it's not bad as long as its not hot.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #562
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Ah, good to know. I actually just bought these bad boys yesterday:

[Photo Lost]

So, I am trying to decide if I want to keep the Zeta and one of these as a passenger seat, or sell the Zeta III and use both of them. All I really do with the car is drive to work and cruise, as well as hit the drag strip once in a great while, so they would be more than enough for my needs. I really like the Zeta though, so I am not sure yet. Any thoughts?

I messed with the rear ride height last night and got it leveled out- the reverse rake is now gone and I am really happy with how it sits, so I will probably leave it alone for the most part until next spring. I also fabbed up some exhaust brackets/solutions on the D-Max catback, so it now has four different mounting points securing it to the chassis- in addition to the down pipe mount. It's tucked tightly against the subframe- I only scrape the flange for the test pipe at this point, so that's good!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:38 PM..
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #563
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTea View Post
If thats the case then raise the rear a bit, cause lowering the front is just gonna make matters worse. Right now it looks kinda weird like it has reverse rake.

I'm sure no one will fault you for raising it a bit..
Quote:
I messed with the rear ride height last night and got it leveled out- the reverse rake is now gone and I am really happy with how it sits, so I will probably leave it alone for the most part until next spring.
That's what it's supposed to look like when it's slammed with 17/18. Just take out the two collars in the front and go hammer crazy in your wheel wells.

At least you DRIVE your Type R. My car hasn't left my driveway in over two weeks going on three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #564
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've read this thread twice and i love your car.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #565
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Ditch the Zeta bud... Especially since you're running down into Ann Arbor. Those will be so much nicer when you take it out for long periods of time. Oh yeah, and good call on ride height.... it barely clears your driveway as is lmao.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #566
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
^^^^ I agree the Zeta won't be nearly as comfortable as the 180sx seat, but I wouldn't sell unless you will never use it. Its worth keeping if you can swap it in for track days, or whatever. I'm trying to keep a close to stock kouki interior, here's my progress thus far...

Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #567
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
zeta 3/vios is one of the most comfy buckets i have sat in.

you should keep it in, and if it somehow bugs you just stick
some padding under the cushions.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:22 AM   #568
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, I think I am going to rock it with the 180 passenger/back seat. The only annoying thing is climbing out of it when I have stuff to carry, but it really isn't a big deal. I have to agree that it is the most comfortable fixed back I have owned and I do like the seating position. I think I will just get the optional Bride tail bone/butt pillow for it and keep it, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #569
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Soooo this weekend...

Yay! lol... We were driving to my wife's parents' house and the car just shut off. I pulled over, turned the key, and nothing- the fuel pump didn't prime, the Power FC and gauges did not turn on, etc. My hazards, dome light, and exterior lights worked though. I was really worried that I had somehow fried my Power FC. Luckily, a super legit flatbed driver stopped after we were there for about five minutes. I told him I didn't have roadside assistance since I never thought I could even get my car on a flat bed without destroying it.

He ended up knowing a bit about 240s, and he towed me about ten miles for $50- I guess he said he was on his way home. It couldn't have happened at a better spot and I got super lucky that he showed up- we got the car to the house without any damage from getting it on and off the flatbed, which I was super happy about. It made me glad I invested in the legit kouki spoiler and not a fiberglass one, that's for sure. lol.

So, I went to check the main fuse box, and a river of water flowed out:

[Image Lost]

LOL! It has been on my list to wrap and build some sort of shielding to protect the fuse boxes from water, but I just hadn't gotten to it yet. I hadn't driven the car in the rain since Wednesday, but it had been fine to and from work since then. I guess the water finally splashed up enough to pop the ignition switch fuse. Thankfully, SteveSpeed (THANKS dude!) was able to hook me up with a fuse, and I was back in business!

So, aside from that, great weekend. Wiring Specialties has posted the top 8 cars in their photo contest, and I made it! Check out the link below to vote for me- hopefully I can make the top 4!

WS Harness Set RAFFLE - TOP 8 !!!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:39 PM..
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #570
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
when i saw the picture of the car on the flatbed the first thing I thought was "oh man..damon found a way to not come" lol. glad it was something easy. voted for your picture btw.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote