Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
ExiledLakai
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ExiledLakai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Engine is in but there is still a lot to accomplish in the 10 days until testing. An update is coming but it might all the way to a finished car.
ExiledLakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #32
ExiledLakai
Leaky Injector

Alright, this update starts with some much needed engine shots.

A pic of the HKS GT2540R. I'm more of a response guy versus peak horse power so this little turbo will do the trick.

I'm really glade I had already panned on swapping out the S13 pick up to a s14 pick up because when the oil pan was cracked open this was the first then seen. I'm glade that I didn't oil starve the engine during Best of Vegas event.

S14 pick up installed and ready for the greddy oil pan installed

During best of Vegas we noticed a small leak from the back of the engine. It wasn't the rear main seal but the rear main seal housing leaking. So it was pulled cleaned and resealed with a new rear main installed as well.

DDS also rerouted the rear water lines and closed off any unneeded openings

After the work was done I loaded the engine into a buddy's truck and took it home. Mods, Freddy pulleys, PE headgasket, Greddy oil pan and ARP headstuds. Completely stock motors usually hold together really well so I hope to get a lot of lift out of it and about 300whp.

The next day I bolted up the ACT lightened flywheel, HKS clutch and stuck the tranny first time.

Completed and ready for drop in

Feal Suspension sent their fix to the s14 top hat problem. They redriled and cut the ears off the hats so I could bolt it to my S13 chassis.

bolted up and looking good. I think odi might start stocking S13 top hats for people like me ordering S14 suspension to compensate for drop spindles that way he doesn't have to cut s14 hats.

So with the rear suspension figured out I started to bolt on the new rear hawk HPS pad but on of the welds on the DW knuckles was in the way of the rear caliper from fully tightening down so I made some room.

Now was time to drop the engine in.

shortly after that the glass guy showed up to put the windshield in and it started to really look like a car.

I started to wire the rear of the car. Here are two shots of the fuel relay and solider joint.

I also bought some reman axles which carry a lifetime replacement guarantee which I hope I never use but its there to save me money later if it does happen.

Tired from a day of abuse I finally had everything on the car I needed to get it off the jack stands
Old 02-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #33
ExiledLakai
Leaky Injector

This last Sunday I got the car over to H1 Performance to get some work done and set up the initial alignment specs.

First off was rolling the fenders to avoid having to deal with cutting them for overs.

After that we noticed the SPL shanks where rubbing the rim slightly so we cut them about a 1/4 inch in order to clear the wheel

Another problem was the taillights. The lights that came with this hatch shell did not have the outside studs on either corner. Danny figured a quick fix to this and drilled out the hole and put anchors in.

These pictures are to showcase the Feal suspension and all the components together as one to give the car one hell of a set up.

Now it was time to get the car corner balanced and aligned

Eladio and the crew looking at the scales while I'm in the car. Car weighted 2451 we me in it!

After the corner balancing was done Eladio broke out the baller mobile laser alignment machine and went to work.

At the end of the day the back put of the car was fully wired, brakes bled, suspension aligned and corner balanced. That allowed me to drop it off at DDS to get the headlights mounted and fully wired I hopes of dynoing Tuesday(today)

Fast forward to the end of Monday looking good. I hope to watch it get tuned tonight.

Time to get ready for testing this coming Sunday!