Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #31
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Run commands don't work. Cannot get into safe mode. I tried running Hijackthis for him. Opens up for less than a sec. and then closes.
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #32
¹²³Klan™
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
¹²³Klan™ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
since you cant open or search but you can go on the internet.

go to ActiveScan 2.0 - A second opinion on the security of your PC

its a browser scanner

try it, it cant hurt.
¹²³Klan™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #33
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Go to Start -> Run (or hit Windows Key + R)

Type msconfig and hit enter.

See whats in the startup tab. Remove anything suspicious.

Run Stinger. Free, lightweight virus search and remover from McAfee.

McAfee Threat Center
Old 02-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #34
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
no cd drive? wtf? $10 shipped on ebay.

listen to 123klan.

I would help, but it seems you probably have a LOT of shit on your computer from the lack of computer knowledge that you have. If it were me, I'd just back up important files and just reformat the damn thing.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #35
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
Wow dude. Learn how to use a computer.

If I ever got to the point where I had a virus like that, I would say fuck it. DBAN and reinstall windows.

Back up files? You should already have them backed up. Redundancy is your friend.
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #36
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry I haven't responded sooner I hadn't slept for 2 days so I just randomly passed out on my bed. I talked to a friend says he'll work on my PC on the weekend give me a free cd drive and a free hard drive in case i mess it up again. Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. Oh and hey can I see the build?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #37
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
system restore won't fix the problem anways..

boot into safe mode and scan the system with AVG free or w/e

start>msconfig>BOOT.ini tab>check the box /SAFEBOOT> press ok

box should come up do you want to restart now? click yes

update AVG before scanning and do a full system scan

if all else fails, reformat the system.. if you can get your hands on a optical drive.

edit: to get out of safe mode do the same thing but uncheck the box and press ok
Old 02-13-2009, 12:54 AM   #38
phillofdfuture
Zilvia Member

phillofdfuture is an unknown quantity at this point
you must start ur comp in safe mode without network...press f8 continiously at start up...choose safe mode...from there choose ur avg...run scan...if its still actin up give me an update
phillofdfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #39
musikjunkie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
musikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i dont want to steal the thread but im having weird computer troubles also. i been trying to use zshare to get some music and what not but a couple of days ago i ran into some trouble. when ever i opened zshare it would send me straight to a link saying
"You Are Using Ad Block Plus or some other advert blocking software!
zSHARE relies on advertising for revenue!.
Please add zSHARE to your ad blocking whitelist or disable ad blocking when you visit zSHARE"
and it hasnt done this before and it worked just fine. but its been acting weird i tried doing a couple things but not much happened except for when i turned off the javascript. when i turned off the javascript it allowed me to listen to the music just fine but when i tried to download it. it didnt show the pop up window for me to get the music. so im stuck with what to do by trying to get zshare to work on my computer and help would be great

sorry about the thread jack just want some quick help
musikjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #40
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by musikjunkie View Post
i dont want to steal the thread but im having weird computer troubles also. i been trying to use zshare to get some music and what not but a couple of days ago i ran into some trouble. when ever i opened zshare it would send me straight to a link saying
"You Are Using Ad Block Plus or some other advert blocking software!
zSHARE relies on advertising for revenue!.
Please add zSHARE to your ad blocking whitelist or disable ad blocking when you visit zSHARE"
and it hasnt done this before and it worked just fine. but its been acting weird i tried doing a couple things but not much happened except for when i turned off the javascript. when i turned off the javascript it allowed me to listen to the music just fine but when i tried to download it. it didnt show the pop up window for me to get the music. so im stuck with what to do by trying to get zshare to work on my computer and help would be great

sorry about the thread jack just want some quick help
You should have started your own thread instead of bumping this old one. You're getting that error because just as it says, you either have Ad Block Plus or some other ad blocking software. The reason why it works when you turn off javascript is because the site uses a javascript to check for ad blocking software. Just add @@|http://www.zshare.net/ads.js to Ad aware and it should work.